Cheap Vape whilst waiting for Grasshopper

CapitalFlower

Hey guys,

I've got a Grasshopper on order but it's likely going to take around 9 months to get here (random estimate), So I've come to the conclusion that I want to buy a cheap vape to tie me over, and to use when the GH inevitably breaks and I have to send it off for a lengthy return.

I've done a lot of research, and I've found a few that could suit my purposes. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the following vapes? I was under the impression that the GH was the first loose-leave pen vaporizer and that was why it is so popular, or is it the case that other pens exist, but they're not very good?

STORM:

https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/storm-vaporizer-pen.html?page=all

FLOWERMATE V5.0S

https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/flowermate-vapormax-v-portable-vaporizer.html

XVAPE X-Max V2 Pro (same as Storm??)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-X...982758?hash=item35f91225a6:g:uQgAAOSwf-VWX3PO

WULF MODS SX

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wulf-Mods...798592?hash=item1a063cd0c0:g:KU4AAOSwjVVVldh0

510 BULLET MAX

https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/510-bullet-max-vaporizer-pen-by-atmos.html

G PRO SNOOP DOGG

https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/g-pro-snoop-dogg-bush-herbal-vaporizer-grenco-science.html

Many thanks for any advice given!! :peace:

CapitalFlower,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
The last 2 listed are pretty shitty pens and wont vape loose leaf. Of the ones listed id go for the flowermate. They have a lengthy thread here .. go check it out.

Or just buy a vapman ;) cheap little portable that will last a lot longer than the grasshopper!

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I have a storm it's a prtty good on the go vape on a budget. Imo
5 heat settings, user changeable 18650 batts. Optional mouth pieces glass,rubber,bubbler.air path isolated from electronics. It replaced my imag+.
Also can't go wrong with a vapeman just a little more difficult out in public.
Good luck hope this helps.

CapitalFlower

Yeah I'm not sure why but I find myself really liking the Storm, it appears to tick all the boxes. I previously had a Pinnacle Pro and it looks very similar, but better. Also have the Bubbler for it which I could use with the Storm

The storm is a modified xmax, seems to be a pretty good vape isolated air/vapor path.

Gpro is a rebrand of a horrible (in my experience!) Chinese vape called the Titan.

Wulf is also a crappy Chinese rebrand, however I think its originally the Airis?

Flowermate didn't impress me at all. My first portable was a fm5 and It didn't even get close to convincing me to consider only vaping. I didn't fuck combustion till I ordered my solo. The FM is an overpriced Chinese vape IMO, the cost could be better justified if they actually listened to their customers about issues (lack of sealed air/vapor paths primarily) instead of pumping out 4-5 versions of essentially the same vape a year.

So out of your list i would ONLY consider the xmax/storm, however for cheap portables I'm stoked on my herbstick eco. For $25-30 bucks its really hard to beat IMO, isolated air/vapor path, quick heat up time and the ability to mate up (and milk) glass right out of the box has me praising this guy often. Seems very comparable to the xmax and imag+ (which you should also consider). I posted a gif of it working in the thread, probably post a video demo/review eventually but I'll be busy with my nano and new vapman for a little while.

www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/herbstick-eco-vaporizer.18000/page-3

YMMV, remember opinions are like assholes.

nondarb,
Reactions: DDave

little maggie

I got the flowermate mini recently. I find myself using it a bit more than I expected because I mainly bought it as a backup. I'd recommend a FM over some of the others. It's not my favorite vape but it's pretty good.

little maggie,

CapitalFlower

Nondarb, that Herbstick eco does look very good but that non-removable battery is a deal breaker for me unfortunately

Edit: The Imag pen also looks very nice too but I don't think I can get it in the UK.

Last edited:
CapitalFlower,
Reactions: nondarb
Nondarb, that Herbstick eco does look very good but that non-removable battery is a deal breaker for me unfortunately

Yeah for the price I was considering just replacing if necessary, that's my super cheap on the go/loaner vape but I still appreciate it fairly often. Have you considered butane powered vaporizers? You have convection options and even a conduction option in the vapman. Some pretty unique designs and thick vapor, most for $100 or less.

nondarb,
Reactions: DDave

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
I picked the ecapple last summer to fill the gap. It's under $100, comes with a bubbler, usb charging, 1 18650 battery, oled display, and temp control.

I just wanted a portable.

I normally use my desktop.

jojo monkey,

CapitalFlower

The more I read about the Flowermate 5.0s the less I like it, seems the Storm is a better choice over it at any rate :shrug:

CapitalFlower,
Reactions: nondarb

CapitalFlower

I'm not really interested about low-temp flavour country, im more into massive clouds, massive hits. I'm just not sure any of these can provide that and may end up just caving and buying an Air

CapitalFlower,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
You aren't gonna get massive hits of the ecapple. I mean it will get you high, but it will take long slow wispy hits to get there. It is under $100 so what do you expect? I do think there is a new version out? Get a "sample" from alibaba if you are in the UK if you are interested. I paid very little and got an extra bubbler for $4.

jojo monkey,

HD Springer

I've heard some good things on the storm. My buddy @phattpiggie grabbed one a little while ago and if my memory serves me right I believe he was pleased with it. If I was in the uk or those parts that's what my next venture would be. The price is fantastic and as you said earlier@jjl5590 it checks a lot of boxes in what people want in a portable "pen" style vaporizer.

HD Springer,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Still pleased with it @HD Springer.
I would go with the Storm/max. It's a very good value for money device.
I got mine from Ebayers hghonline1. Excellent service and UK based. Vapefiend also offer the same kind of service just at a higher price tag. I went for the 14mm adapter rather than the glass mouthpiece. The silicon one supplied has never and will never be used.
My friend is after one and we only ran one load thru it for him to try. Form factor is what swung it for him. It looks more like an ecig than the Flowermate and performs better than the others you listed @jjl5590

lookhigh

FC member
Another vote for the Ecapple IV 1
Bought mine in UK from Ebay, less than 60£.
Fast heat up, hits more like the pinnacle but build is better. swappable battery.

lookhigh,
Top Bottom