Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I've managed to destroy 3 DO-20's over the past few years. I do better with side joints like the FC-711 or the D020--2-W. Can someone recommend a good one that fits that criteria? The one Monsoon recommended looks interesting but I wonder if it's too small to hold up the CFX or solo. I also don't understand what an oil rig is.

Wow! I have my original D020 from back in early 2014 when I bought it! It's one of the only glass pieces I kept when moving south.

If you liked the D020-2-W, I suggest you check out the GB-187-S It's one of my favorite pieces

herb forester

It seems more than a few of Stevenmlz79's FTKs come with this feature:

I thought you all might like to know how Steven and Jane are totally ignoring emails about this. Nothing new though, in past months almost every message reply from them contained some kind of lie. I'm surprised anyone does repeat business with these shysters. They are very unethical and a terrible vendor.

For the record, just from picking it up, the mouthpiece came off clean with barely a touch (no glass pieces besides the two shown). There was a pop/tink sound as if the weld was formed under tension, not cooled properly, etc. Fyi you can also see circular marks frm the clamping apparatus at the top of the funnel, Jane calls them "marks of chucking" and claims every Piece has them (obviously false from all the pics we've seen here).

Last edited:

Monsoon

I thought you all might like to know how Steven and Jane are totally ignoring emails about this. Nothing new though, in past months almost every message reply from them contained some kind of lie. I'm surprised anyone does repeat business with these shysters. They are very unethical and a terrible vendor.

For the record, just from picking it up, the mouthpiece came off clean with barely a touch (no glass pieces besides the two shown). There was a pop/tink sound as if the weld was formed under tension, not cooled properly, etc. Fyi you can also see circular marks frm the clamping apparatus at the top of the funnel, Jane calls them "marks of chucking" and claims every Piece has them (obviously false from all the pics we've seen here).
I think it's time to start smashing defect pieces from Steven and blaming it on shipping.

demonscars

CCG replied pretty fast to my email about their FTK leaking and I sent them a photo this afternoon. Hard to see but this is the crack in the joint/weld/whatever. I just sent this a little while ago so we'll see how they treat it, so far so good though. My impression so far has been Steven FTK oil piece, CCG is for flowers.

Edit: for some reason this photo won't show up here's the link.

Apparently it won't let me upload images for some reason here is a link: http://imgur.com/Rya7mlw

Rya7mlw.jpg

Modnote: Edited to display image.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDarkOne

I've seen a lot of valid constructive criticism for the big three lately (CCG/Kathy/Steven). In some ways I wonder if the increasing popularity they are enjoying here, Reddit, and other places has caused an unforeseen spike in demand and the quality issues are somehow linked with trying to keep up. I've dealt with Steven more than the other 2 but have bought from all of them. I've never had experiences like people have described the last few months. For myself I think I shall take a break from buying from DHG until some of things clear up a little.
I would also say mistakes will happen, but when vendors shut down communication and quit responding...that's completely unacceptable. Especially toward people here that have went above and beyond to sing the praises of some of these folks.

galacticdad

Got the little travel rig piece from glassartist and wow.. it's amazing. I love the function! The size! It's a phenomenal piece. I kept the water level just under the fab part but now it's a little less than 1/4" of the way up and I'm liking it a lot better. Thanks for the feedback on it again guys!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
And it fits perfect in my cup holder!:lol:

For a travel piece, I highly recommend this one. It's small and made with thick glass and the design means water won't travel back up the joint if you tilt it which is important on the go.

And it fits great in a little Pelican case or little Peli-Enail ;) I can forth vote this little guy.

98974BDD-5D0A-40F4-9943-BF9CA7CECCEE.jpg

As for the FC-710 goes I say just buy one if you dab. That thing is a flavor beast and would NEVER leave my main enail if this damn rig wasn't so pretty! It pretty much stays on the table full time. The flavor is remarkably good through this "9 hole Tentacle perc" and recycler.

It's fun to watch the vapor swirl up into your mouth while the water swirls down. It has a double venturi effect thing going on which looks so damn cool!

76D26EED-1666-45E1-BFA7-23828C31D5CC.jpg

nykwil

Is it common for dhgate to charge you twice?

Put in an order with stevenlmz79 on May 1st for an fc-201 for $39.00 which cleared and went through. Checked account today and there's another pending charge for 39.00 along with a seperate international transaction fee charge for $1.17.

The international transaction fee I get but is this one of those things that will resolve itself an disappear after a few days?

Might just be my last order with dhgate.

nykwil,

Monsoon

Put in an order with stevenlmz79 on May 1st for an fc-201 for $39.00 which cleared and went through. Checked account today and there's another pending charge for 39.00 along with a seperate international transaction fee charge for $1.17.

The international transaction fee I get but is this one of those things that will resolve itself an disappear after a few days?

Give it a week to see if it drops off.

herb forester

They double charged me multiple times over a few days, and it caused a huge hassle with the credit card company's fraud department.

herb forester,

galacticdad

I was perusing hfy_glass last night and was liking a lot of the Toro's he has. Anybody have any experience/recommendations with their pieces?

galacticdad,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
I have this one. It's a slyme Jet Perc clone. It hits nice. I used to use it as a dab rig but now I throw a female adapter on there and use it with my Underdog.

B080D2D2-71DF-4648-A644-BAA6221A5258_5.jpg
I just got this same exact piece last week and I'm loving it exclusively for Dabz!
I got Toro7/13 from Steve called the FC something, that thing is my new favorite piece Fucking Awesome!

DrSteez

still waiting for the glassartist piece... going on 3 weeks now atleast.

still "departed facility" which was like 30mins away from my house lol.

usps says it still stuck in customs.

still waiting for the glassartist piece... going on 3 weeks now atleast.

still "departed facility" which was like 30mins away from my house lol.

usps says it still stuck in customs.
I ordered a piece from glass artist about 2weeks ago, got it a week ago. Must be postal service.

Cannabis Connoisseur,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

little maggie

Does it seem like there's more breakage to the west coast?
Because that may be the reason for ccg to stop shipping there. Just a thought.
I didn't know they stopped. I was going to check it out but ended up ordering from a company I never heard of. I've never received any broken glass from DHGate. Is there any data from members here that the ones that arrive broken tend to be sent to the west coast?

little maggie,

Hyphy

I've dealt with Steven more than the other 2 but have bought from all of them. I've never had experiences like people have described the last few months. For myself I think I shall take a break from buying from DHG until some of things clear up a little.
I got my D020D from steven about a month ago and had a flawless experience. No breakage, no quality issues, and super quick shipping (got to the west coast in just over one week). In the big scheme of things, as word continues to spread on FC/reddit/etc, I can only imagine more demand for their glass. In other words, it may only get worse. I would not hesitate from buying DH, but customer service will always be a risk when dealing with Chinese companies direct.

I've almost fubar'd myself multiple times using DH. Something about the payment process can loop you around and if I feel like I might be double charged, I back out and go to the "my orders" page on DH to see how far I got with ordering. If the payment still needs to be made I pick up where I left off.

Does it seem like there's more breakage to the west coast?
See above

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Last edited:
Top Bottom