Cheap High Quality Bubbler

MinnBobber

--------------
Note the difference between the tapering on the stand with the HT joint.
IMG_2382_1.jpg
does the HT joint have any taper?

MinnBobber,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Allow me to join the choir of people extremely disappointed with the HT by Steven. This is just... it's like the female joint was designed by someone who never made a female joint before. It's nearly straight. The bubbles/flaws are everywhere and horrible. Add together a joint that doesn't even fit the (very well made) stand with nonexistant quality control, and you get this.

Tiny bubbles... in the glass... make me unhappy. Leaves me aghast.
IMG_2381_1.jpg

--------------
Note the difference between the tapering on the stand with the HT joint.
IMG_2382_1.jpg

------------------
IMG_2380_1.jpg

--------------
IMG_2383_1.jpg
I honestly think this is being done on purpose. Call me THAT GUY but maybe he's trying to avoid stepping on (VXH) toes? I mean are ANY other glass peices' with female joints that deep? What could he possibly be thinking? Deep female glass connection limits every user. Can he not accomplish this due to his skill, or is this on purpose. Even if this peice was "designed to fit the fcmod" why is the female designed that way. When mine comes and its jacked upike these, I'm going to ask him straight up without beating around the bush. If I'm wrong, who cares, his glass is wrong so we're even-Steven.

Last edited:
Slow Draw McGraw,

EDC

Hi guys, I've been vaping through a bubbler for a while now.

I only have one piece at the moment which is a gb-187, I smoke through it with a mighty vaporizer.

I'm interested in purchasing another piece that has a slightly smaller volume than the gb-187 as I find the vapour cooler but not as thick or condensed, so I'd like to get a smaller one too. Around 7inches.

These are the two I've settled on, any advice on which one would be better or how you think they'd perform would be appreciated:

HCD32wR.jpg

This one is an 8 armed tree percolated around 7.5in tall.

http://m.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-glass-water-pipe-8-arm-percolator/235105412.html#Viewsdr

dloY5ub.jpg

This one looks interesting but isn't the inline perc supposed to be a downward facing 'showerhead'? Would the fact the perc faces upwards affect the performance?

http://m.dhgate.com/product/7-5-inches-skull-glass-bong-with-titanium/250186583.html#pd-019

Any input would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
EDC,

gaseous_clay

does the HT joint have any taper?
There is a slight taper. VERY slight.

To compare, here is Evolver on the left...
IMG_2384_1.jpg

------------

and Swagger on the right...
IMG_2385_1.jpg

You can see the stark difference in the taper. This can actually rock slightly on top of my EVO, but sits flush on top, forming an odd seal with the rubberish piece that sits around the bamboo.

Additionally, the contact point for the joint is recessed quite a bit. It's like they just made it by looking at a picture and didn't bother to consider this is an actual female joint which should seal just as any other.

(And yes. I know these need baths. lol)

tepictoton

I think he is using the same joints as with the fc-187, meaning he is using dewar joints in there, leaving them recessed. I noticed this same thing with my fc-187. When using it with Gong for air it is almost impossible to lift out the Gong because the joint slides in so far.

So maybe he is trying to use stuff he already has dewar joint) and implementing it upside down?

tepictoton,

subway13029

I have a problem using a glass reducer on my fc ufo because the joint is so deep and recessed on the ufo(is the ufo a dewar?) Cuz i have a custom made mv top made with a 18-14 glass reducer and it works will all glass but in the ufo there is wiggle room so that could be the case with the fc mouthpiece..

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
I honestly think this is being done on purpose. Call me THAT GUY but maybe he's trying to avoid stepping on (VXH) toes? I mean are ANY other glass peices' with female joints that deep? What could he possibly be thinking? Deep female glass connection limits every user. Can he not accomplish this due to his skill, or is this on purpose. Even if this peice was "designed to fit the fcmod" why is the female designed that way. When mine comes and its jacked upike these, I'm going to ask him straight up without beating around the bush. If I'm wrong, who cares, his glass is wrong so we're even-Steven.

I think he just made it in a way that doesn't work for some? It sits on the stand. It sits on the fc-mod. It doesn't sit on a vaporizer with no clearance under the male 19mm joint (evo). How is he supposed to know that unless we tell him?

It doesn't sound like a hard thing to change on future ones?

jojo monkey,

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
@subway13029 i have the same problem on my UFO with a reducer. I have since switched everything to 18mm but I still have a 18mm M to 14mm F tall converter just in case.

Bongologist,

gigaurora

chiming in. got my FC mod and my Hydratube. all pieces sit fine, one has the slightest tilt that doesn't affect function. Hydrate fits the FC mod fine. Hyrdratube has the recessed part before the seal of the joint so doesn't work with an EVO. like... I would go even farther to say it works less then even was previously mentioned because it seriously "dethickens" (lol) your hit because all the normal air sneaking in the shit seal. still milks it but shittily at best.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
My tube came in, straight trash. Water leaks in to the bottom section. Specs of white and bubbles. Sorry folks. The base for the hydrotube is the best part of this purchase. I'm gonna msg him.

Edit:anyone else's leaking into the bottom section? The joint being that big is being done on purpose. The joint itself is fine, how its placed is the problem. My Solo GonG goes way too far in. This isn't this guys first rodeo and I'm sure he knows what the EVO is. I mean they know what FC is.....to tell me he has no idea people wanted to use it for EVO when he made the FcMod...a devastator knock off from VxH is plain ridiculous.

Edit- I have other peices from Steven and the EVO does just fine.

Last edited:

wildything

So could you guess if this is a hydratube or fc -187? (one can see it is gb-187, matrix perc is a give a way, still looking at the joint only one cannot distinguish them in my personal opinion)

28s0ef5.jpg

Still think Steven is simply using the same joints for both.
It makes sense that they used the same glass joints from the fc187 because I have had multiple fc187's and only one fit the Evo perfectly so I kept that one.

gaseous_clay

I messaged Steven. Sounds like I'm not the first person to write, as they immediately asked if i mean that the joint is too deep.

Brilliantly, while testing the seal with other pieces I wasn't paying as much attention to being careful and this happened.

RIP FC-MOD perc. (Now what???)
IMG_2389_1.jpg

gaseous_clay

Order another there only $12
I didn't see where you could order just the perc... whew!

EDIT:

Got another reply from Jane...

"I only see it is different with the joint deep,could you tell me orignial version'size,so that I can produce it according to your size"

I'm not knowledgeable enough about joint sizing to know what to say... Help?

tepictoton

I think the size is expressed like: 22-18mm meaning starts of at 22 and shrinks to 18mm.

On another note, how great is it to deal with these sellers, I just got called sweety after asking one more time why the tracking number has not updated in a week after it has been marked as shipped... Funny how they close their message with sweety, I mean, that's how we do business honey? Lol

Tommy10

My current bong has an 18mm opening and the down stem is 14mm. Is it easy to get an 18-18 down stem, and if I buy a 14mm bong can I get a stem to take it up to 18?

Tommy10,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
My current bong has an 18mm opening and the down stem is 14mm. Is it easy to get an 18-18 down stem, and if I buy a 14mm bong can I get a stem to take it up to 18?

You can @Tommy10. Check out OzBongs, a guy based in Coffs Harbour of all places!

14/18mm step up http://www.ozbongs.com.au/DhOP-18-14-Converter/

18/18 slit stem http://www.ozbongs.com.au/DhOP-SG18-Slit-Diffuser-Stem-11cm/

18/18 21 hole stem http://www.ozbongs.com.au/DhOP-18-18-21-Hole-Diffuser-Stem-11cm/

Make sure you measure your 18/14 stem as per the picture in the stem links & you should be sweet. He sells plenty of breakable stuff & being a local Australian business you get it quickly at a reasonable price.

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
I think the size is expressed like: 22-18mm meaning starts of at 22 and shrinks to 18mm.

Wiki: "The first number represents the outer diameter (OD) in millimeters (mm) at the base (widest part) of the inner joint. The second number represents the ground glass length of the joint in millimeters."

So it's how big across and the length of the joint. A 24/40 joint is not 40mm wide, it is 24mm across and 40mm long.

jojo monkey,
Reactions: Copacetic

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
@Justpassedu what is usability like beyond the defects? Is it a comfortable height when it's on top of your vaporizer? Too thin/thick, more of an angle on the mouthpiece?

Bongologist,
Top Bottom