• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cheap High Quality Bubbler

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I'm looking for the best quality and performing egg as well. I'm a bit confused though. I've seen many of the quality stores listed here, such as Kathy, Steven, CCG, but I don't know what Cnm is.

Can anyone enlighten me and also recommend the best dhgate egg to get? Anything worth waiting for instead, or are any pieces just much better?

I don't know if it's the best quality/performing as I don't have it yet, nor have I used any other Dhgate Eggs (or any eggs) but the piece I posted above, is from Kathy's collection. She had a handful of different types it seemed, all very similar.

HellsWindStaff,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Also noticed a new(untested) seller with some interesting pen attachments:

rBVaGFVe5eOAHf6-AAA7JkEakeE180.jpg

http://www.dhgate.com/product/factory-selling-cool-glass-bong-glass-recycler/240517923.html
I'd be careful with this seller, that image is a direct copy from the interwebs, its a Dr. Dabber Large glass recycler. Same picture (sans watermark) here http://www.vapefiend.co.uk/dr-dabber-large-glass-recycler.html

NorthernHuskie

I had to watch the vid twice (Before I posted it here) to figure out WTF was happening there :lol:

Look at the actual flow of the piece...

The whole thing is pointless except for the one Uptube that percs IMO...

You have an initial chamber - dry.

Then that kinda natural percs but not really up to another dry chamber.

From that dry chamber it flows down the downtube, and finally gets to that bottom section where it natural percs up that big long uptube, and flows down that internal drain back into the bottom natural perc chamber.

so what's the damn point?

Lots of dry chambers that serve no purpose, lots of dry surface area, relatively low water volume, and I'd guess by the design of it it'll have a strange drag to it, just because of how many twists and turns the vapor has to take...
And it'll be quite chuggy from that big natural perc...

Honestly, aside from the natural perc part, IMO it goes against just about all of the design intentions of the FC-710...

I mean if someone likes it then by all means purchase it...
If someone likes a bong then that bong is good for them - tautologies are fun :lol:

Its just that to me, looking at it, and knowing what's going on there, it just seems like a big waste of time, glass, and potential.

Redesign the thing so that each chamber is actuallyfunctional, and I think it could be a cool design...

Edit:
I was just using my sublimator with the FC-1000.
To let the sub cool down I leave the atomizer in my rig, and the heater on its stand, otherwise they kinda fuse together when they cool down.

My New puppy comes bursting into my room and topples the FC-1000 :(
I hear the sound of glass breaking *NOOOOOOO*
I look down and see it's just the sub-buddy, not the FC-1000 that broke.

I feel some relief that it was just the adapter, not the main piece...

Then I realized that the adapter costs the same as the FC-1000 and felt conflicted :lol:

Lol well when you put it that way.. :lol:

Perfect example of why I love this community, theres no arguing or pride involved. Just a unbiased, well educated and experienced crowd with a shared love for THC and beautiful glass.:rockon:

Lol wont get all emotional here, just a lil medicated and feeling the love

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

zombied

So I have an Herbalizer and I'd like to use a water pipe, but there are so many options out there! Hoping people here could help.

I would like it to be able to fit ice if at all possible. I also don't want it sitting on top of the Herbalizer. Call me paranoid, but $700+ vape with a big thing of water on top of it makes me nervous. :) I'd also like it to be able to put the vape into a bag. Not sure how possible that is, though. And I'd like all of this to be relatively cheap: sub-$100, the cheaper the better.

Any suggestions?

zombied,

dimildarko

Can anyone explain to me what advantages more expensive glass has outside durability due to thickness? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around why I would spend over $300 dollars for something like a Mobius Ion when the D020-D looks pretty much the same. Do they function better? Taste better?

dimildarko,
Reactions: Nugg

zombied

What you do mean by that? Surely you don't mean you want to use both water filtration and bags at the same time.

I'd like the versatility to do both so I can hit 445F bags that are much smoother.

Any Herbalizer owners with some glass recommendations?

zombied,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Can anyone explain to me what advantages more expensive glass has outside durability due to thickness? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around why I would spend over $300 dollars for something like a Mobius Ion when the D020-D looks pretty much the same. Do they function better? Taste better?
There is no real advantage built in to the more expensive glass we talk about other than the fact that you are buying it from the original artists and they may function better. These are artworks, and the original artists are generally creating something new.
The knockoffs that we get cheap from china will usually function similarly to the originals, maybe even exactly is some circumstances, but are copies of the artist's designs. It is like buying a print of a famous painting. As long as the copy doesn't try to pretend to be the original, we have no problem with them. It is actually the only way I might have most of these designs, just like I am never going to own an original Picasso. But if they add the designers logo, that is a counterfeit and isn't allowed here.

weenstoned

Ya you are basically paying for design/r&d, quality control, higher american wages, and (generally huge) headshop mark-up.

Kinda surprised that more artists don't sell direct to the consumer for reasonable prices, rather than go through shops. Lots of dudes are selling direct, but are basically charging retail prices. Cue a bunch of glassblowers to tell me why I am dumb/not valuing their art or whatever.

DenverNugs

Just ordered an E-nano on Sunday and a Cloud EVO earlier today. Pretty sure the E-nano should have no problems at all since it's only 2' in diameter but not sure on Cloud EVO dimensions, looks a bit bigger. Oh and I plan on pairing it with my FC-707, same as 1000 but just different mouth piece placement.
Do you think I would need an adapter?

Actually not even sure the nano might work, took out a ruler and checked, might be a really tight fit.

Are there any cheap 18mm adapters anyone knows about? I saw vapexhale's adapter, but its $50.
lol just realized that adapter is called CloudBuddy.. haha

Found it! It's called a "claisen adapter" and found on ebay for cheap! Actually might have access to one of these at the chem lab... hope I can find a 18mm one! XD

Can't wait to stop combusting, but till then..

That pillar looks fantastic. Do the top slits of the matrix fire all the way around the perc or just one side? Looks phenomenal for the price point. It might be time to upgrade.

DenverNugs,

dabsonthemountain

You get better quality everything. It's thicker better quality glass, it's better put together, better shaped, and actually designed for what it's used for. The chinese get the death sentence for selling weed, so they have no idea what makes the best rig. They have no idea what they're making at all.

And the biggest and most important difference is the way oil condenses on chinese glass. It just isn't as good quality all around. There are apparently invisible imperfections everywhere that make oil stick instantly. I never get floating reclaim in chinese glass. It sticks instantly and forms globs, meaning more of your oil is lost to condensation. Oil just dosn't stick to clean american glass the same way. Quality, clean glass is like a natural rezblock.

But: none of that makes american glass worth the price. Besides the smaller blowers who actually consider their customers, the rest can screw themselves. You pay for the name almost every time.

dabsonthemountain

That oil condensing thing is total bullshit, boro is boro. I have definitely had floating reclaim in China glass, that is some sweet American glassblower fear mongering tho
Bruh, you don't know me. ** I hate american glass. I bought a minitube from a headshop, only to get home and find it was cracked. I returned it for another, got home and used it, only to find it was cracked too. But you can't return used glass.
Headshops and most american glass companies are money machines that can fuck themselves.

And you can have some floaters in china glass too, I should have clarified, when it gets thick and chunky it has to float. But if I take my rig from kathy cleaned, and my new american minitube cleaned, and take one dab out of both, the minitube will have no trace of a dab. The rig from kathy has claim right away. When I weight out my claim, to see what rigs are wasting more oil, I get 1.5 gs for every 3.5 out of my circ to circ from kathy.
That's a lot of oil going to waste.
My minitube takes 4 or 5 dabs to even have visible claim, and it's a film over the water, It won't stick to the side still. Then it turns to a ball that eventually sticks to the downstem. You say it's BS, I thought it was too. But it's not. The lower quality glass has more bumps in the welds and grooves that catch and collect claim that smooth glass dosn't collect.

But none of that makes it worth it, still. I will never buy expensive glass again. Glass is made to break, and apparently you can go to a headshop and the glass is already broken. Glass is inert. Id does nothing to the vapor another piece of glass won't do.

**insert that drunk guy arguing at the club here

blazedd

You get better quality everything. It's thicker better quality glass, it's better put together, better shaped, and actually designed for what it's used for. The chinese get the death sentence for selling weed, so they have no idea what makes the best rig. They have no idea what they're making at all.

And the biggest and most important difference is the way oil condenses on chinese glass. It just isn't as good quality all around. There are apparently invisible imperfections everywhere that make oil stick instantly. I never get floating reclaim in chinese glass. It sticks instantly and forms globs, meaning more of your oil is lost to condensation. Oil just dosn't stick to clean american glass the same way. Quality, clean glass is like a natural rezblock.

But: none of that makes american glass worth the price. Besides the smaller blowers who actually consider their customers, the rest can screw themselves. You pay for the name almost every time.
I personally think the glass on my toro clone is just as thick as my real toro double mac. I used to love Toro, sov, mobius, all the overpriced hyped up brands. The FC-186 and 187 from Steven have really nice quality man, almost feels like 7mm. The floating reclaim.. I'm glad I never get that. I never got that with my real Toro double mac either... so I'm pretty sure its your concentrate or maybe I just clean my glass too much.

I've seen pictures of floating reclaim... really gross. My shatter and live resin just mainly turn the stem yellow, darker yellow and if it gets very dirty, then some yellow spots appear above the water lines- near the percs, but usually keep it pretty damn clean.
EDIT: ah just saw your new post, hmm.. very strange. I'll have to start checking how much I am wasting too... also never noticed if my rig gets claim right away after cleaning... will check that too.

Honestly, from my experience - FC 186/187/707 and Kathy's double mac toro clone - every single piece has beat any previous brand name I wasted mad cash on. What really surprised me was the Pillar... I hated the sov peyote pillar I bought for 1200... flipped that within a few weeks it was so bleh. But the FC-707, matrix pillar, has just been KILLING it! I have not been able to put this thing down man... it's freakin amazing. The thickness is unbelievable, shit made me scream when I unwrapped and held it in my hands. The matrix percs are all straight, perfectly cut, no bullshit at all. The pillar arms are perfectly welded, maybe 1 opening is slightly larger than the rest... alright so let me go spend $1130 more to fix that.

In my opinion, the 'real deal' is worth 10% more. I had this discussion on GC and someone told me the fact that it's China quality glass automatically makes it drop 25% in quality... to me - someone who has owned the 'real deal' AND the china glass - you literally pay 10% of the 'real deal' and only lose 10% in quality and 0% in functionality. Stop wasting your money at smoke shops, none of it is worth it now that DHgate and sellers like Steven are in business.

It's fucked up, but at the same time it really does say something about our current "high quality" glass companies. If it's literally going for 10% of what the brand name is... I mean yeah, they should charge more for innovation, higher quality glass and hand made stuff, but that much of an increase? Just think about it, 700 mini pillar = 52 clone that's seriously less than 10%.

dabsonthemountain

I personally think the glass on my toro clone is just as thick as my real toro double mac. I used to love Toro, sov, mobius, all the overpriced hyped up brands. The FC-186 and 187 from Steven have really nice quality man, almost feels like 7mm. The floating reclaim.. I'm glad I never get that. I never got that with my real Toro double mac either... so I'm pretty sure its your concentrate or maybe I just clean my glass too much.

I've seen pictures of floating reclaim... really gross. My shatter and live resin just mainly turn the stem yellow, darker yellow and if it gets very dirty, then some yellow spots appear above the water lines- near the percs, but usually keep it pretty damn clean.
EDIT: ah just saw your new post, hmm.. very strange. I'll have to start checking how much I am wasting too... also never noticed if my rig gets claim right away after cleaning... will check that too.
I'm not talking floating claim from a disgusting rig. I'm talking you just cleaned your rig, but floating claim forms in little specks on the water surface after 3-5 dabs. Then it starts to collect on the worked section of the downstem, then a spot where bubble sit stagnant. Then I clean it. It's mostly perc form as weenstoned said, but theres something else or else to it at least that claim would stick right away in the minitube.

The chinese just need to up their quality a bit more... If they really upped their quality i'd be willing to pay more. Maybe the whole glass thing is in my head, but the welds could be cleaner, and thicker glass shouldn't be too much to ask from every seller.

dabsonthemountain,
Reactions: wildything

ChiefKeefe

Honestly I have owned lots of american glass. Some china glass is equivelant to its american counterpart. A lot is not. Im not huge into rigs so I dont know much about the american ones. But one can assume that the mothership lineup has unique pulls. That being said i have owned LOTS of american flower combustion tubes. Sovereignty specifically, also dirty rico, mobius and a few other companys. I personally never see china replicating any soverignty flower tube and have it function close to the real thing. The aesthics and build quality of every SG is amazing. A triple bore and real pillar, or any of the flower tubes just wont be possible to be replicated in china based on the gridding and perfectness of each. I have owned a fc mini pillar, it functions amazing but is an oil piece. Also the fc-187 pretty much functions IDENTICAL to a real mobius 60t. I think Jon Circle should deisgn a new line of percs.

mrgohamilton

so let me refer ya'll to the rezblock/cranberry extract thread
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/rezblock-cranberry-extract.8060/

I'm not talking floating claim from a disgusting rig. I'm talking you just cleaned your rig, but floating claim forms in little specks on the water surface after 3-5 dabs. Then it starts to collect on the worked section of the downstem, then a spot where bubble sit stagnant. Then I clean it. It's mostly perc form as weenstoned said, but theres something else or else to it at least that claim would stick right away in the minitube.

The chinese just need to up their quality a bit more... If they really upped their quality i'd be willing to pay more. Maybe the whole glass thing is in my head, but the welds could be cleaner, and thicker glass shouldn't be too much to ask from every seller.

this is caused by Chinese glass and their quality??? please.. "If they really upped their quality i'd be willing to pay more"?? thicker glass from ever seller? little specks after 3-5 dabs?? please....

I wouldn't blame any of that on chinese glass

Last edited:
mrgohamilton,

subway13029

I'm looking to grab a few pieces..first off I'm trying to choose between the fc-186 and the gb-186 and can't really decide..the fc is like 10 bucks more. And then I have the fc ufo..I really like the versatility of that then it comes to the recycler..who's version of this should I go with? Please help me as I am swamped with choices..and since I'm having to return my vapman heat station I wanna wash away my depression with some nice glass..so any help would be much appreciated.

subway13029,
Reactions: Nugg

pseudox

^This is Just a Loop so you don't have to watch the whole thing.
Reposted this from the solo thread.
The Fab egg is from cnmengglass at http://www.dhgate.com/product/two-functions-2015-new-glass-faberge-egg/237527726.html

Perc works very well with solo and the mouth piece is very functional. Base is thick and wont tip over by itself. No real defects that I could find. The combo works well but I'm afraid to let other more clumsy people use it because of the solo making it top heavy and it could break off. I wanna try the fab egg tonight with some dabs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom