Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
BDV I am buying this soon to pair with my solo and I know there are several types of gongs any one in particular you recommend also I'm thinking no carb?

Also can you recommend a cheap but decent dap adapter to pair with thus?

Thanks
Adapter for what? Solo to the Infamous should only be the solo GonG adapter. No carb on this, since it's GonG (Glass on Glass) you pull the slide up to clear it.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Yeah, what Q said. And just ditch the idea of carb pieces. Most weren't ever placed properly and with today's glass, they're just not needed. Back in the day, you never saw a carb hole plugged. Now almost all of them, come plugged. Because people want them that way. Still enough want carbs, I suppose.

Dap adapter? Dab? Well, I just got into concentrates, so my experience is limited... though I've been reading and having conversations on it. Allison with SSFG and I have talked quite a bit about this, as she wants me to ditch the Ti nail (Allison is very Earthy/Natural). I've got a nice boro nail, zero bubbles, solid built. My torch won't heat the damn thing, plus my dome is a little short for it. I would like to get a larger dome and bigger torch to try it. I also enjoy my Eclipse H2O. While the hits aren't as clean as a dab (since you load more and it goes further)... they're still satisfying and I like the ability to set it off to the side and pick it up later.

I really want a Snork. They're made by SSFG, though I believe Ray needs to make some more. Just heat the glass and kind of scrape it into the tube.

IMAG0124_zpsffaf7a81.jpg

At the least, I'll probably buy a larger dome for my Boro nail.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: arrr

b0

Cloudy...
BDV I am buying this soon to pair with my solo and I know there are several types of gongs any one in particular you recommend also I'm thinking no carb?

Also can you recommend a cheap but decent dap adapter to pair with thus?

Thanks

PVHESGonG turbo was my choice and it works amazing, you can see a video here:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I've got a Snork. You should definitely get one.

I emailed Allison after we were talking about it. She says the original clear ones, went for $35 and then they go up to $65 for the worked ones and more for more work. I think she said, no clear in stock... but she had some of the $65 pieces.

I think they kind of lost some inventory, in the move from etsy. If you go and look at their old sales, there's a lot of kickass stuff, I haven't ever seen on the site. You just have to email her and ask. I'm going to have Ray make me a kickass Sherlock J-hook for the mini inline, probably within a couple months. They're more expensive... but its the thicker glass, SSFG look/styling and you can use the bend as a natural perc, as he puts it at a steep enough angle, plus mariahs up the MP for splash.

il_570xN_zps5ea7b642.jpg

CORRECTION: The snorks went for $32 for the clear. The $65 ones are worked with a 10mm reclaim attachment, which Allison says are her favorites.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: kingofnull

axakal

after searching through various bong-shops i came across these two candidates.

ylflasJ.jpg

mYNm2mB.jpg

the first is for 49EUR instead of the recommended retail price of 80EUR
the second is for 36EUR instead of the recommended retail price50EUR
are they both suitable for an mflb with PA?

i know, black leaf is not well liked and i never heard from the other brand. american and canadian stores are unfortunately out of question, though, because of the high shipping costs and the customs.

axakal,
Reactions: oli

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I hate that little Black Leaf bubbler and just wish it would fall off the face of the planet. I don't think I've ever seen a worthwhile video of it, its much to small for that tree.

The first piece... I'm not 100% sure, but I think its JSteez that has a rig, exactly like that first one pictured. I think his is a different brand, so you might want to check out his piece/price also. Plus, the videos I've seen of it, looks like a nice piece of functionality.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: JSteez4205

axakal

thanks BigDaddyVapor, i found the vid. looks good in action. would it be not too big for the mflb? is it a good piece for a glass newbie?i didn't use any glass before, besides a cheap small bong.

I hate that little Black Leaf bubbler and just wish it would fall off the face of the planet. I don't think I've ever seen a worthwhile video of it, its much to small for that tree.

The first piece... I'm not 100% sure, but I think its JSteez that has a rig, exactly like that first one pictured. I think his is a different brand, so you might want to check out his piece/price also. Plus, the videos I've seen of it, looks like a nice piece of functionality.

axakal,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
thanks BigDaddyVapor. would it be not too big for the mflb? is it a good piece for a glass newbie?i didn't use any glass before, besides a cheap small bong.

I'm the last guy to ask if a piece is too big for the MFLB. :cool: If you haven't, check out my MFLB videos on Youtube, or look at the MFLB entry on Vaporpedia, for the MFLB milk video. Once you get your draw down, you can milk anything with a MFLB. I'm not saying, go out and grab a beast... but I don't think that piece is too big, especially if its the size of the similar piece I've seen.

I actually have a harder time, milking smaller pieces with the MFLB, as its a shorter straight shot, no time for the vapor to collect. My problem with the Black Leaf, is the tree doesn't fire well, which is shocking considering they make one of the best firing trees on the planet, with the big Saxo and its mini-arms. One of the best hitting percs there is. With that mini piece, the only thing I ever see fire are the bottom holes, which turns that piece into a churning mess of water and chug. OK in a bigger piece, shooting water up the downstem on a little piece. If you really want a smaller piece, get one with a smaller showerhead, or a removable downstem that you can swap out, if need be.

There's also some great AC/Perc options, that you can match with a J-Hook and rival some of the best pieces out there, for half the price.

BigDaddyVapor,

axakal

i saw your videos, they are impressive. hence, i consider you an expert in the field of mflb+bubblers. :) your detailed reasoning about the small black leaf bubbler is highly appreciated.
what do you mean with the last part? something like the water cooler from 7th floor with a mouth piece attached? or is it too small for the magic box? :)

There's also some great AC/Perc options, that you can match with a J-Hook and rival some of the best pieces out there, for half the price.

tmQRHx8.jpg

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Frederick has both of those pieces, or did. I know he owns a SSV AC/tree.

That's a nice option for the MFLB. Plus it would work well with either the WPA or WPW. It also gives you the option of buying a 12" tube/beaker at a later date and throwing your AC on there.

BigDaddyVapor,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Both meaning j-hook and A/C?
Yep, I've got em :D
If you mean the black leaf tree bub, nope, I don't and haven't owned that (I've had a black leaf nautilus inline, and an 8-arm mini tree a/c [which I managed to break within a week of getting it :(])

It's kinda hard to give any advice on what glass would be good with the MFLB though, since I never got the hang of mine and sold it, so I'm not too familiar with the draw and how it pairs up with glass.

I will say that the SSV tree is nice, but a little small volume wise, it limits the amount of water you can have in there before it splashed out (but if a slow draw is required for the MFLB, then that would be less of an issue.)

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: axakal

Bon Dog

i saw your videos, they are impressive. hence, i consider you an expert in the field of mflb+bubblers. :) your detailed reasoning about the small black leaf bubbler is highly appreciated.
what do you mean with the last part? something like the water cooler from 7th floor with a mouth piece attached? or is it too small for the magic box? :)

u could try this. i got one an love it. havent gotten to use my mflb with it cus iv only had oil the last 2 days but it kicks ass
mid way down: http://glassblowersdirect.com/bubblers/

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
For $80, that's a steal.

And yes, Frederick... I meant the j-hook and ac. Though, it sounds like, from your description... it isn't any better than the Black Leaf. Man, my little cheap China glass ACs worked awesome, before the went to the glass graveyard.

BigDaddyVapor,

dorkus_molorkus

after searching through various bong-shops i came across these two candidates.

ylflasJ.jpg

mYNm2mB.jpg

the first is for 49EUR instead of the recommended retail price of 80EUR
the second is for 36EUR instead of the recommended retail price50EUR
are they both suitable for an mflb with PA?

i know, black leaf is not well liked and i never heard from the other brand. american and canadian stores are unfortunately out of question, though, because of the high shipping costs and the customs.

I have the 1st piece, and that's a great price for it. Its ok, I like it a lot, but I have been making sweet, sweet, love to my saxo 10arm bubb lately. so, its a bit neglected lately, but it wont be for long.

BDV, you will be pleased to know. the 10arm & I are getting along nicely. Like any sexy new item in your life, you gotta learn what makes her purr.

dorkus_molorkus,
Reactions: axakal

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
For $80, that's a steal.

And yes, Frederick... I meant the j-hook and ac. Though, it sounds like, from your description... it isn't any better than the Black Leaf. Man, my little cheap China glass ACs worked awesome, before the went to the glass graveyard.

Well, it works really well with the solo, given its relatively low draw speed, but with the SSV, the water level had to be a bit lower than I'd like.

I prefer my blaze 11 arm ac for j hook use, it's a very similar size, but just has that little bit more volume that I needed.

Frederick McGuire,

dorkus_molorkus

Is that a cheap shot at my wife? :goon:

:peace:
don't be mad at cause I took the time to learn what you couldn't. :D

Besides its not nice to call your wife cheap, but she does call me Bill Gates when I break a $5 for the vibrating bed & she says Stu hasn't done that (broken a $5) since Reagan was in office.

Hey Stu, its awesome youve been such a tight ass all these years. Imagine the excitement when I wave a $20 about?:lol:

EDIT- here is a vid of the piece in question being assimilated by the pod.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=x5d1ye&s=6

I emailed Allison after we were talking about it. She says the original clear ones, went for $35 and then they go up to $65 for the worked ones and more for more work. I think she said, no clear in stock... but she had some of the $65 pieces.

I think they kind of lost some inventory, in the move from etsy. If you go and look at their old sales, there's a lot of kickass stuff, I haven't ever seen on the site. You just have to email her and ask. I'm going to have Ray make me a kickass Sherlock J-hook for the mini inline, probably within a couple months. They're more expensive... but its the thicker glass, SSFG look/styling and you can use the bend as a natural perc, as he puts it at a steep enough angle, plus mariahs up the MP for splash.

il_570xN_zps5ea7b642.jpg

CORRECTION: The snorks went for $32 for the clear. The $65 ones are worked with a 10mm reclaim attachment, which Allison says are her favorites.
any idea what they charge for the beefier j-hook.

kingofnull,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
any idea what they charge for the beefier j-hook.

Direct from Allison

"Yeah, they're usually made to order for $50 clear at whatever angle a customer needs...Ray makes much nicer ones with flat worked mouthpieces to match certain pieces for $75....or much more for super worked. They're fun b/c you can put water in the natural perc and make an a/c into a double bub that way"

BigDaddyVapor,
Direct from Allison

"Yeah, they're usually made to order for $50 clear at whatever angle a customer needs...Ray makes much nicer ones with flat worked mouthpieces to match certain pieces for $75....or much more for super worked. They're fun b/c you can put water in the natural perc and make an a/c into a double bub that way"
Theirs is more Gandalf-style than Sherlock, which I really like. DO I want to spend $50 on a J-hook though...?

kingofnull,
Top Bottom