• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cheap High Quality Bubbler

FUnhouse

Bad? Not necessarily, I just don't like it.

For me, a bong is supposed to have an open mouthpiece that you put your lips inside, anything else feels weird and undesired...

Have you tried a closed mouthpiece?
You may actually like it :)

I haven't. But I think I am going to give it a shot.
Is it hard to clean?

FUnhouse,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Did it help with the drag of the piece, or is that being determined by the perc?

I'm 100% certain that the small opening of the mp is the cause. The D-020-D perc fires fine w/o any drag.

Would love to try what flotnoke did but I don't have the guts.

Is it hard to clean?

The d-020-w?

It isn't hard to clean, just takes forever for the water to drain through the MP. With other pieces you just fill and dump, the D-020-w just trickles out.

Edit: And for the record, I don't mind the MP. It helps me keep my pace with my pull. Going back to less drag pieces I forget what I'm doing and pull too hard, using all my breath in like 5 seconds, lol.

sasNW

I picked up a second 135mm wigwag from CCGlass. In some ways I like it more than the first one, in some ways not as much.

You can see at the base where the wigwag got away and crept up the side a little.

I9UQ3Eh.jpg

OWyLLa7.jpg

But it's all made up for on the reverse side of the knob. Hey @sasNW meet the poor man's version of your worked black-and-white recycler.. :p

KpVMXXU.jpg

Edit: I read somewhere that instead of worked glass, the colors in the cheaper pieces are made from glass-encased pigment . Does anyone know if that's true, and if so, how to tell the difference?

Sick! Love the rasta mixing with the black and white. Believe me I'll be buying "poor man" versions of all glass for a long while due to that damn recycler haha

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Edit:
@flotntoke any chance you could post a pic of your d020-w widened mouthpiece?
Did it help with the drag of the piece, or is that being determined by the perc?

It did help with the drag a good bit. Unfortunately IMO, helped much more with the drag than the cleaning/emptying time. I didn't mind the drag much. Now? No drag issue at all for me.

EDIT: Sorry @Tweak ... missed your post above. Agree with all except the guts part. Wasn't that bad and hands were only shaking after for 1/2 hour!

@FUnhouse , that's the bitch... getting the water out while rinsing. Cleaning is no problem. If you clean your glass regularly with ant type of solvent (mostly ISO here) you're not going to get much buildup in there. Certainly nothing a pipecleaner won't get out. But, the small mouthpiece opening takes forever to let all the water out while rinsing! Opening it up did help some, but not as much as I hoped. Sorry no pic, yet. Busy week!

Going to give the other one a go this week. Will take before and after shots. It was always the worse of the two, so going to be glad to get at least a little better flow - hopefully a lot!

If not for this, the D020-W would be the best thing going in this thread IMO. I keep thinking about opening it all the way up. Maybe cut it right across the middle of the damned penis head, then flare out the piece that's left. With enough heat (probably propane instead of butane) I bet you could flare it out trumpet style. Anyone know the easiest/safest way to cut borosilicate?

I'd gladly pay another $10 for one that was already like this. Are you checking in Yingmin? Kathy? Mike? Yes!!! $10 USD more without thinking twice, maybe $20. I'd even talk the thing up, buy in lots of 10 and resell, pay shipping (er... maybe) - damned near anything for you to create a piece that requires less work, uses less glass and doesn't look like a dick that you have your customers stick in their mouths! So classier, cheaper & quicker to produce, cheaper to ship, happier customers who will tell others about it AND I'll happily pay you 50% more before s&h!

Gray Area

I'm really hoping yingmin comes through and makes a sidecar ion clone.
I really liked it with the standard bubbler mouthpiece, but since I've got a matrix ion, I'd never really use it so I sold it to a mate.
If there was a sidecar one I'd be on that like a fat kid on a cupcake :D

Now I would love a sidecar mobius clone. Have had my eye on the D020 --2-W for a little while now, but the male joint and blue disks have been putting me off... All clear and female joint it would be a pretty nice piece...

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Do you have the strain PINEAPPLE KUSH?

I need to clean however maybe tomorrow? I use PBW as well!
Sadly no :(
Though I do have my hands on some nice THC Bomb and Mango Dream at the moment :D

@flotntoke,
I've used a dremmel to cut notches in a solo stem before - but it was slow, and when I tried it on a 2nd stem, I broke it...

I think the ideal tool is some kind of diamond tipped blade?

Last edited:

Herr_Dampf

Sadly no :(
Though I do have my hands on some nice THC Bomb and Mango Drea at the moment :D

@flotntoke,
I've used a dremmel to cut notches in a solo stem before - but it was slow, and when I tried it on a 2nd stem, I broke it...

I think the ideal tool is some kind of diamond tipped blade?

Water cooled diamond bandsaw will be your safest bet I guess.

A butane only torch is too cool to propperly work boro, also, without a kiln chances are pretty high it will crack while cooling. I tried to repair a broken boro dabber tip with my butane hot head (the heat was just enough to polish the tip, the rest of the dabber was pretty much unimpressed by the flame) and due to lack of kiln, chilled it in the sand I use to chill my beads in (soda-lime glass). In the morning the whole tip had come off.
Just the :2c: of a glass noob though.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Do you have the strain PINEAPPLE KUSH?

I need to clean however maybe tomorrow? I use PBW as well!
Just got a sack of Pineapple Kush. Tried some in the SoLO. :tup: Will be making some shatter this weekend.
Do you like it?

...uhh, topic... Uh. Oh yeah. If you check on @yingmin5 he was "last seen" a week ago. But still an unapproved commercial account. He probably won't get approved because of the bootleg logos on his pieces. I think he's watching though...:ninja:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I feel the same about the mouthpiece and the joint.
I'm now leaning toward the d20-w. So I don't need an adapter and get a bit more flavor with less diffusion. And just hve to deal with the mouthpiece. It it that bad?

Get the D020-W - yes the mouthpiece isn't the best, but I don't HATE using it, I just hate how it looks. Function wise it's a great piece. Skip the D020--2-w - the top turbine perc is more of a splashguard than anything else.

ATTENTION ANYONE CONSIDERING THE BLUE LIP D020-W-2, it has a completely different mouthpiece than the clear version. The clear version is very comfortable like stated in the post above. The blue lip version is not near as good IMHO

Heh, interesting. Didn't realize they were different, yeah the D020--2-w in blue does have a strange mouthpiece, but I still like it more than the shape of the D020--2-w piece. Especially at cleaning time when I need to empty the water

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

blankrider

Why skip the D020-2-W?!
The top turbine is more of a splash guard than anything else?

I think that the D020-2-W is one of the best options!

The constriction is solid, the honeycomb functions really well, the turbine functions AMAZING, and the sidecar mouthpiece keeps your vape out of your face while giving you a good view of the action.

Put the water level a hair above the honeycomb and on the clear really give it a good rip. The slits in the turbine are cleverly angled so the water spins the opposite direction of the mouthpiece. It is impossible to get any splash.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I've been away for a month so I fear I have missed out on a lot, would anybody mind catching me up on anything cool/big going on?

I was seeing what changed with Kathy, thought this included a knock off PVHES water adapter at first! If only..

Nothing really new and exciting has changed. A few popular pieces like the GB-187 are out of stock currently. I've heard other people say the vendors have mentioned some new pieces coming soon (Yingmin5 and Sunshinestore)

For your reference, i have that tornado piece - bought it for the mouthpiece - thought it would create a cool vortex action like my old hurricane knockoff waterpipe from my combusting days. Sadly it was very disappointing. All the pieces are sitting in a box, waiting for me to use it or sell it someday...

Delta3DStudios,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Why skip the D020-2-W?!

I would love to have another sidecar, but for me it's the DI joint.

I don't have any F - F adapters or Female bowls, so I would need another adapter (more $) or another nano GonG. With the extra adapter comes another piece of glass to break/lose/get dirty and it puts my vape up too high for my liking, causing the piece to become top heavy.

How are most of you using your DI joints for vaping? Should I just give in and buy the F/F adapter?

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I've been away for a month so I fear I have missed out on a lot, would anybody mind catching me up on anything cool/big going on?

I was seeing what changed with Kathy, thought this included a knock off PVHES water adapter at first! If only..
Yes the NKOTB have been busy, Alina and CleanClearGlass links are posted all throughout last few pages...
I would love to have another sidecar, but for me it's the DI joint.

I don't have any F - F adapters or Female bowls, so I would need another adapter (more $) or another nano GonG. With the extra adapter comes another piece of glass to break/lose/get dirty and it puts my vape up too high for my liking, causing the piece to become top heavy.

How are most of you using your DI joints for vaping? Should I just give in and buy the F/F adapter?
I haven't had a problem with F/F for my DI's, sometimes they make it possible to attach a vape when there wasn't enough room due to the stem being too close to the can. I also prefer the dewar style for less drag, however I've created some really nice rigs with smaller stemless DI recyclers F/F adapter and hc ac! I've heard lots of people complain about DI but I don't understand it. Even though these pieces are cheap, I still use attachments on top of the DI as to not overheat and cool causing thermal shock when dabbing...

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I've heard lots of people complain about DI but I don't understand it.

I'm not complaining, :p. I think a DI joint looks quite sexy on some pieces. And I'm really wanting a recycler, seams like the only option is DI.

Just trying to keep everything one standard size for simplicity sake. I misplace my glass adapters all the time, so I don't need more to add to the mess, lol.

I keep eyeing this piece, I wish more vendors would include something in the photo for scale:

8-height-glass-inline-bubbler-water-smoking.jpg

But it's only 14mm and DI, that would really screw up my OCD. Anyone have one of these yet ^?

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I'm not complaining, :p. I think a DI joint looks quite sexy on some pieces. And I'm really wanting a recycler, seams like the only option is DI.

Just trying to keep everything one standard size for simplicity sake. I misplace my glass adapters all the time, so I don't need more to add to the mess, lol.

I keep eyeing this piece, I wish more vendors would include something in the photo for scale:

8-height-glass-inline-bubbler-water-smoking.jpg

But it's only 14mm and DI, that would really screw up my OCD. Anyone have one of these yet ^?
Lol, not you! I have that piece, I take my infamous mouthpiece, attach 1" tubing to bottom of 14mm joint and it fits perfect in the mp of mine. Mine is almost 8" tall, 4.25" width, almost 3" diameter base, & just under 4.25" to top of DI...

Edit- some people on here have sourced recyclers and incyclers with female joints. I saw one with female and removable mp, either @rgrig or @blankrider or @PoopMachine may have better details. EFS can make you an amazing one, with detailed sandblasting if wanted.

Also, I prefer 18mm female and 14mm DI, I dont find the difference in taste, size of hit, etc but I do like the fact a reducer easily turns both into a different joint...

Last edited:

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
The slits in the turbine are cleverly angled so the water spins the opposite direction of the mouthpiece. It is impossible to get any splash.
I noticed this too :)
I thought it was a nice touch.
...I don't have any F - F adapters or Female bowls, so I would need another adapter (more $) or another nano GonG....
F - F adapter all the way over here.
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/18-8mm-to-18-8mm-female-glass-adapter-straight/197859794.html
I've got one on the way now.
Along with this adapter to help with the joint size :tup:
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2pcs-lot-glass-water-pipe-glass-adapter-jiont/196104896.html

Top Bottom