Cheap High Quality Bubbler

MrNorml

Hey now, don't knock my precious Ehle :myday:

This baby was only 50 bucks (not your cheap dollars though, I'm talking real euro's here :lol: ) including the diffused downstem, so it still fits in this thread perfectly.

minip1010549.jpg

But looking at your collection Big Daddy, it seems it doesn't have to be expensive glassware to turn us in to collectors :lol:
Yeah, but I would call that a bong, not a bubbler. Ignition straight downward to bottom, then toke from side. Or at least that is how I see it. Although my fake RooR sure looks like yours there.

Here's a video I took with the small gogopipes bubbler and my ArizerSolo

Where did that ashcatcher come from? Looks nice.

Mod note: When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts. Posts merged.... again.

MrNorml,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Its not an ashcatcher. That's a little dual chamber bubbler. Ontario is our resident Guinea pig. :lol:

Performs better than I thought it would, Ontario. Looks like its worth the money.

BigDaddyVapor,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Do we have to tilt our heads to use it?
Looks really nice though, how filled was the second chamber?

paytonpenn,

MrNorml

Its not an ashcatcher. That's a little dual chamber bubbler. Ontario is our resident Guinea pig. :lol:

Performs better than I thought it would, Ontario. Looks like its worth the money.
Thanks. I agree - it looks really nice. Can just pop a bowl on it, or GonG or whatever. Never seen such a thing YET . . .

MrNorml,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I think he just tilted his head for the sake of getting the video shot. Half my videos are, spent trying to figure out how the show the piece and not my unkempt facial hair.

Thanks. I agree - it looks really nice. Can just pop a bowl on it, or GonG or whatever. Never seen such a thing YET . . .

Any bowl that fits the connection, or whip. Its a GonG connection.

BigDaddyVapor,

Ontariovapes

Yep, it is a two chamber bubbler. Filled with water in two stages and to just over the slits. I did only bend down to get the shot. I left it sitting on the counter rather than hold it as that's the only way you could see what's going on. In reality your hand just comfortably wraps right around it. And it's an 18mm GonG which makes it easy to adapt to most capes without an adapter. I'm really liking it.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Hey, what happens if you fill the water level above those 3 holes, in the front chamber? I assumed those were supposed to act as sort of a dome perc. Plus, it looks like they're low enough, it shouldn't suck into the next chamber.

BigDaddyVapor,

Ontariovapes

Hey, what happens if you fill the water level above those 3 holes, in the front chamber? I assumed those were supposed to act as sort of a dome perc. Plus, it looks like they're low enough, it shouldn't suck into the next chamber.
You can fill the front chamber as high as you like, but the drag increases and the bubbles decrease as there isn't much room for them. I found the level I used was just about perfect. If you fill the back chamber too high you get water in your mouth.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Thanks for the feedback, Ontario. Interesting about the bubbles decreasing. Though, makes sense. Too bad they didn't make them a bit smaller and drop them 1/8" or so.

Tonight, I said goodbye to some pieces from the Cheap Bastards Glass Consortium (I might lose my membership soon). Oh wait... I'll always have the Infamous $40 Vapor Brothers Hydrator Knock-Off Bubbler.

But, I had already filled 2 glass closets over the last year, having to upgrade to my latest (which has room for the 2 more pieces I want [currently]). So I needed to clear out some. Plus, pieces I won't ever use again and one of them, I wouldn't ever use, it sucked so bad.

They went to my bud (tender). Not intentionally, because he's my tender. He's actually one of my closest friends (him and his twin), I live in the area. I'm always welcome and always people there, having a good time. Usually at least 6 of us there. Sometimes 8 to 10. He had a single 14" straight tube. So I wanted to return some of the good vibe/karma and the friendship. These pieces that make shitty vapor glass, make decent combustion pieces. When I heard these hardcore smokers coughing up lungs (while I cleaned his disgusting tube)... I smiled. I knew they liked them.

So, join me in saying goodbye to a beaker, a bubbler (ugh), an inline perc and 11-arm tree.

Here's the beaker and inline, I gave him. Its a nice inline, closed end... so it fires well. Also the 11-arm is in this picture (and my tree tube, that I smashed with a hammer. it was a POS, though worked nice).
20120522_191514.jpg

Another shot of the inline, with the original tube. Damn knuckle on the tube just snapped, clean around, 2nd day I had it.
20120514_171516.jpg

This is actually a sweet firing tree. The joint started to literally crumble. I sanded it down smooth and told him, only take it out to clean. I put it on his 14" tube... hits SMOOTH now. He loves it.
20120907_191139.jpg

And finally, the biggest POS I have ever purchased. Two open ends on the inlines, makes this the biggest chug monster ever. It literally chugs in your hand, as you're hitting it. Looks like you have Alzheimer's. BIG HIT with the combustion dudes, however. Too each his own. I'm glad it made him happy.
20120411_020540.jpg

So long, Cheap Glass! My Glass Snobbery grows... Muahahahahahahaha!

Ontariovapes

I hear you on the cheap glass. I was good until I got me Elite Rip bubbler which set me back $350. Then I was spoiled for good. Chech the video of it that I posted yesterday in the cloud forum.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, but I would call that a bong, not a bubbler. Ignition straight downward to bottom, then toke from side. Or at least that is how I see it. Although my fake RooR sure looks like yours there.

That's a pretty old post you quoted there buddy, fun to see that pic again though :)

It is definitely a bong anyways, but I don't see why you feel the need to point that out specifically. Have I ever stated that it isn't?

ps: just something I've been wondering for a while now, but how many mod notes will it take to stop you from making back to back posts every single time you are on here?

MrNorml

That's a pretty old post you quoted there buddy, fun to see that pic again though :)

It is definitely a bong anyways, but I don't see why you feel the need to point that out specifically. Have I ever stated that it isn't?

ps: just something I've been wondering for a while now, but how many mod notes will it take to stop you from making back to back posts every single time you are on here?

Well, I was looking at the thread name which seems to be "Cheap high quality BUBBLER". Not BONG. They aren't the same I don't think. So I guess you did, by posting it in a bubbler thread, suggest it was a bubbler and not a bong or wooden pipe or LB. As for your wondering, wonder on or ask the moderator or flag my post or whatever ... I just wonder how many posts in the wrong thread you may be making given your lack of understnding of bong vs bubbler, suggesting you may be less than reliable in your characteristics of hardware. A Les Paul is not a Telecaster, but I am not sure you would care about the difference when posting. So ... I was simply noting that a bubbler is different than a bong, but someone who didn't know might look at your post, look at cheap bongs at some head shop, and figure it is a bubbler, based on relying on you. Surely you understand this and are just being confrontational based on a mens rea. Believe me, I understand. And I forgive. You're welcomed and sorry you got uncomfortable when you made a mistake and it was pointed out. I hate it when that (often) happens. Let it slide, move to the next post...

MrNorml,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Out of curiosity. Can't a bong be made a bubbler by using a diffused downstem? If not I think I have to go back over to vapopedia and red the whole thing again. I did my hw but i guess if I am wrong I got an F. I hoe I don't get punished.

Ok we need some more smileys. I was looking for a whip punishing me oh well. Just use your mind.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well, I was looking at the thread name which seems to be "Cheap high quality BUBBLER". Not BONG. They aren't the same I don't think. So I guess you did, by posting it in a bubbler thread, suggest it was a bubbler and not a bong or wooden pipe or LB. As for your wondering, wonder on or ask the moderator or flag my post or whatever ... I just wonder how many posts in the wrong thread you may be making given your lack of understnding of bong vs bubbler, suggesting you may be less than reliable in your characteristics of hardware. A Les Paul is not a Telecaster, but I am not sure you would care about the difference when posting. So ... I was simply noting that a bubbler is different than a bong, but someone who didn't know might look at your post, look at cheap bongs at some head shop, and figure it is a bubbler, based on relying on you. Surely you understand this and are just being confrontational based on a mens rea. Believe me, I understand. And I forgive. You're welcomed and sorry you got uncomfortable when you made a mistake and it was pointed out. I hate it when that (often) happens. Let it slide, move to the next post...

Just to let you know, there's a lot of all kinds of glass in this thread. It started out named the "bubbler" thread, really wasn't going anywhere and then a few of us started posting any bargains we could find on glass. It exploded and was a regular page topper. It took on a life of its own and unofficially, the Cheap Bastards Glass Consortium was born. We don't care, bong, bubbler, dry pieces, etc. You see a piece of glass and its in that "cheap" range, you think others might be interested. Post a link and picture.

Peace.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
BDV I thought the rules were we were trying to find cheap high quality not just any piece of dog doo?

Oh and by the way shouldn't the FC Lev been posted when we could have made the list and now the planet vape one although not sure of the price on that one.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
BDV I thought the rules were we were trying to find cheap high quality not just any piece of dog doo?

Yeah, I meant to edit.. Got distracted.

Basically, its like friends/family sharing deals they think are attractive thru quality and price and are passing on the info. Its amazing the deals you will find in this thread.

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Because the Lev Bubbler was actually a thing of the past, for a while. If you read the whole thread, there was a period where Lev was going thru some significant problems. He came back, with a new partnership and his commitment to make a bubbler. In fact, the bubbler had been designed and going into production.

We just carried on the discussion, we had started when the topic of Leviathan originally came up (which was months before thoughts of a bubbler existed).

BigDaddyVapor,
Top Bottom