Cheap High Quality Bubbler

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
You can always ask for a replacement, but IMO when buying a $30 piece, one really ought to adjust expectations accordingly.

For those more picky, you can spend a little more on most of the same pieces at a LHS, you will spend a little more but there you will have the chance to examine before purchase to make sure it meets your expectations.

almost there

How picky is reasonable for china glass? I ordered a "stereo matrix" from steven and the can is not straight (not too bad but still noticeable lean), also the base doesnt sit flat it rocks back and forth.
I had bought a FC188 that arrived with all the guts lopsided a while ago from Steven. It functioned fine but was an eyesore for the 2 years I used it. I was a offered $5 refund or I can break it and they would send a replacement. Looking back I should have opted for the replacement because eventually I ordered a second one.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
@pxl_jockey @Hogni I must consult you two chaps as I am feeling a deep itch in my wallet right now...

I so desperately want to get one of these EHLE AKW bubblers from verdampftnochmal, but I read Hogni ran into QC issues, and sire pxl talked another chap down from getting one...

Now hear me out - I was looking closely at getting an orbiter, but then found the herborizer sphere/bubbler (I would be much more inclined to go for the bubbler, if I went this route) but shortly after... I found the EHLE, which I think has the ideal form and mouthpiece size, while still being relatively compact.

If the consensus is that the EHLE AKW should still be avoided, should I just go for the herborizer bubbler? Has there been any other similar bubblers that have been found?

I am moving away from buying cheapo stuff, and am in a more "buy for life" phase right now, so I don't mind spending a bit more coin on EHLE/Herborizer, as I fully expect to get my money's worth... but this also leads to me being a bit more apprehensive and taking any possible small issues a bit more seriously. I currently am using a Biao T sake bottle, which suffices just fine for vapcap use, but falls a bit short, with the angled joint, for Woodscents use - I would also like something a bit more stable.

Hope you discerning chaps don't mind the tagging. Would gladly appreciate any advice in this glass endeavor.

cr0wley

truth is, frogs were gay from the start.
https://www.smokerolla.com/

This site has a decent selection of China glass brands, including CCG with a 20% coupon. Site is a bit buggy, worked fine for people in MS Edge. I ordered the CCG 9" Fab Sphere from the US warehouse, cheaper than direct from China pricing with the coupon code.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The FC Mod (2nd link) is great for everyday use, I like the Matrix perc for dabs and the tyre perx for buds.

One of it's best features is that it can be easily disassembled and cleaned in the dishwasher.:myday:

I would also add my favourite most used bong is a Rattle Can, not the one you linked, this one,
http://www.dhgate.com/product/amazi...glass-water-pipe/474981921.html#mfavit-5-null
That and the rattle can you linked can have hit or miss quality-wise (like most on DHGate) but it matters more with these pieces due to how rattle cans work.:tup:

olivianewtonjohn

The FC Mod (2nd link) is great for everyday use, I like the Matrix perc for dabs and the tyre perx for buds.

One of it's best features is that it can be easily disassembled and cleaned in the dishwasher.:myday:

I would also add my favourite most used bong is a Rattle Can, not the one you linked, this one,
http://www.dhgate.com/product/amazi...glass-water-pipe/474981921.html#mfavit-5-null
That and the rattle can you linked can have hit or miss quality-wise (like most on DHGate) but it matters more with these pieces due to how rattle cans work.:tup:

Thank you for the glass guidance!

Any idea how this stacks up against the yingming piece?

https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/saml-glass-26cm-tall-bong-diffusion-pump/476462145.html

It seems to get good reviews on the china glass reddit sub.

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have thought about adding that to my collection for dabbing duty until someone pointed out how crooked the 18mm joint was in the picture and made me wonder how good their QC control is if they could not bother finding a perfect unit for the pictures. (I still have it in my Favorites list though...)
The QC at Popular Glass (Stevenimz) has dropped to what it was, that is why I got Yinmin5 to produce a version but they seem to fuck up just as much.:disgust:
CCG is now my preferred seller on DHGate as they seem to have the least amount of problems (they are a little more expensive than most for that service):myday:

gxk

Any idea how this stacks up against the yingming piece?

Unfortunately, Steven's product photos are accurate.

I don't have the Yinming piece, but I have both Steven pieces and can tell you that I prefer the goose neck version you linked here to the straight neck. I use it every day for dabs. It's more comfortable to hit at a desk, and it gets your eyes high enough relative to the banger to see what's happening with your dab, if that's your thing. Yingming's straight neck looks even lower than Steven's, which I would not like.

If the build quality were better, the goose neck would be my favorite piece no contest. But I agree Steven's quality has gone downhill. My straight rattle can and FC-188 ordered early 2019 were both well done. Rattle can joint is within 1 degree of straight. The goose neck rattle can ordered a couple months ago is sloppy. The joint is off by about 3 degrees. This is very noticeable visually and affects the behavior of terp pearls enough to be bothersome. Sitting an e-nano on top looks silly because it's so crooked. Also, the cut of the perc is sloppy (jagged and chipped), and some of the interior tubing is scratched, but it is the joint angle that bugs me.

The goose neck is useful enough that I overlook the build problems. On the merits of the design, it might be the best dab piece for me. But I do want to get a better quality build someday. Really wish CCG or anyone with good quality control would make a version of this. If we can talk Yinming into making a goose neck version, I will order his to compare.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Really wish CCG or anyone with good quality control would make a version of this.
I asked CCG to make a version, they said they were too busy keeping up with their current range.:cry:

I prefer the low height neck compared to the gooseneck for herb vapes while sitting in a recliner chair, but I want a gooseneck for dabbing, the FC and VA Rattle Cans are too awkward to dab off for me.:2c:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I would take the UFO off your list. From what I understand its supposed to have alot of volume and give big hits. You are looking for smooth hits as using it dry irritates your throat, a big lung busting hit will probably make you cough as well.

Rattle can is a newer design so if people confirm that its a smooth hitter that would be a good piece to try.
The FC186 is the one I use often for the reason you mention!
Just opinion?

option’s are like ASSHOLES (We all have one)

This ROSIN (DUTCH TREAT) is a bit strong however decent?
Outdoor kine from CENTRAL CALIFORNIA!

Last edited:

cr0wley

truth is, frogs were gay from the start.
I finally got my CCG Fabsphere rig in:

image0.jpg

The shipping from SmokeRolla took forever but it finally arrived. Going to be able to try it out for the first time tomorrow when I'm able to re-up.

Edit: Awful fuckin quality but here's a short function video:

justcametomind

How picky is reasonable for china glass? I ordered a "stereo matrix" from steven and the can is not straight (not too bad but still noticeable lean), also the base doesnt sit flat it rocks back and forth.
I had similar problems recently. The piece was barely usable and DH rep offered me just a 15$ discount. Worst part was sending them visual proof of the issue and letting them understand. Finally they did, and offered such a discount on the original price, that was 55/60$. I asked full refund or better, to get a non faulty percolator to solve the problem. The seller (glassbong iirc) was fine with sending the percolator but didn’t send the tracking notice to DH as soon as they wanted it (this is what DH rep told me), so they got pissed off and gave me full refund. After this bad experience, turned out good for me, I will never impulse buy anything else on DH or not recommended by users or from reputable sellers. I don’t want to spend my time on disputes.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
It is that bloody @ohmygodimsohigh telling everyone how good it is. :haw:
it was so good for CCG they doubled the price and the bastards are still selling quicker than they can make them.:myday:

By the way, I don't like using it with flower vapes, too much restriction but that makes it great for dabbing.:2c:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The mouthpiece is small in diameter compared to a lot but that helps for a bit of restriction and to me, great for dabs but not much else, the glass on mine is thick and everything was perfectly straight and how it should be.:tup:
I paid about US$75 for mine and it is still the most expensive piece I have got and I thought it was about on the money price wise... then.:myday:
Stevenimz and Yinmin5 are both my second choice after CCG, well they were, more like even from now, they all have their bad days:wave:

Top Bottom