Cheap High Quality Bubbler

gxk

The rattle cans are decidedly less smooth than matrix sidecars, but have better flavor. I go back and forth depending on the tastiness of the strain and the dryness of my throat. Some strains deserve the respect of the rattle can! Matrix would be the safer choice for problems with irritation. To make an analogy, the matrix is a glass of whiskey on the rocks. The rattle can is a glass of whiskey neat.

ChocoVape

Yea so tbh I'm all for flavor but smoothness is something I want to prioritize. I'm using this strictly for medication with hemp/high cbd flowers Is the matrix sidecar bigger than the rattle cans? Also are the rattle cans loud, I figured it was just a name but it makes sense that it "rattles"

gxk

While the size of the canisters are similar, the matrix has a lot more air volume because you don't fill it up as much. The rattle cans have very little air volume because they are full almost to the top with water, leaving little space for vapor to collect in the can. This is an advantage when it comes to flavor because the vapor reaches your mouth sooner. Also, it isn't just a name, they make noise. Anyone on the same floor of the house will hear you hitting the rattle can, even in different rooms. Matrix is fairly quiet. Would not elect to use the rattle can with non-chill people nearby.

olivianewtonjohn

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The vape you are using with these pieces makes all the difference with me. I have all four of the pieces you seem to be considering and I like them all. The FC UFO and the FC 187 (the matrix) I tend to use mostly with high flow vapes like the Lotus and the Splinter/SplinterZ. I tend to use the D020 with VapCaps (low flow). The RattleCan is new for me and I haven't yet found my favorite vape for it and have been using it with everything while I figure it out, but it definitely doesn't require a high flow vape. As has been mentioned its low air volume and very basic perc make it very good for flavor, the best of these 4 and maybe the best in my collection. The FC 187 from Steven and the UFO have very thick glass and are quite heavy, so if you are a hand hold kind of guy they may not be the best choice. While I do sometimes use the 187 hand held, I never do that with the UFO and it is usually the base for some kind of frankenvape. I have glass stem mouthpieces and whips for it.
Here is an example of using the UFO as a base. It's weight makes it very sturdy.
Zion-On-Ufo.jpg

Last edited:

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY

breakaway

Inspired by this thread I ended up buying a GB-370 from Yingmin5 to use with my vapcap. I was surprised at first to find that it doesn't have the little ball and valve in the perc like other diffusion pump designs. Instead, there's a small slit near the bottom. I had totally missed that detail in the product photos before I ordered.

I don't own any other diffusion pump pieces so I can't make a comparison. That said I'm very pleased with how well it works. I suppose it's quieter in use without the ball, which might be a plus for some.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
So I narrowed my choices down to the matrix sidecar,
Too big for the Fury2 but might work better with the Edge WPA (more pot)...I mainly use my F2 as a carb cap on the dry side of my dab rig or on my cloud buddy, also as a carb cap just for fun.:haw:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Alexis

The vape you are using with these pieces makes all the difference with me. I have all four of the pieces you seem to be considering and I like them all. The FC UFO and the FC 187 (the matrix) I tend to use mostly with high flow vapes like the Lotus and the Splinter/SplinterZ. I tend to use the D020 with VapCaps (low flow). The RattleCan is new for me and I haven't yet found my favorite vape for it and have been using it with everything while I figure it out, but it definitely doesn't require a high flow vape. As has been mentioned its low air volume and very basic perc make it very good for flavor, the best of these 4 and maybe the best in my collection. The FC 187 from Steven and the UFO have very thick glass and are quite heavy, so if you are a hand hold kind of guy they may not be the best choice. While I do sometimes use the 187 hand held, I never do that with the UFO and it is usually the base for some kind of frankenvape. I have glass stem mouthpieces and whips for it.
Here is an example of using the UFO as a base. It's weight makes it very sturdy.
Zion-On-Ufo.jpg
I have the UFO it's a good piece. Surpisingly low drag and easy to milk. I can use a lower temp, less pull work, and milk and extract hard. One thing to watch with the UFO, more so fpr people who actually have friends lol, - gotta always remember never to instinctively try to pick up the bubbler by the mouthpiece.

If I haven't used the UFO for a while and get it out I can actually make that mistake late and stoned in a dull lit room.

No fatalities yet. However I have really used it you are so this year because I have been favouring more handheld pieces.

Alexis,
Reactions: Planck

ChocoVape

Are both the UFO and 187 pretty similar in smoothness? Being able to use the whip with the UFO is really nice so I'm rethinking about it, but does the 187 have the same issue of having a lot of volume/giving big hits like @olivianewtonjohn mentioned with the UFO

Also what's the difference between the 187 and 188?

ChocoVape,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

olivianewtonjohn

Are both the UFO and 187 pretty similar in smoothness? Being able to use the whip with the UFO is really nice so I'm rethinking about it, but does the 187 have the same issue of having a lot of volume/giving big hits like @olivianewtonjohn mentioned with the UFO

Also what's the difference between the 187 and 188?

FC-187 and FC-188 have different joint sizes, one is 18mm (187) and the other is 14mm (188). 18mm IMO is more commonly used so I try to stick to that. As for UFO, I have never tried it, I just remember people mentioning that it had large volume. But I am sure someone in here can give you a good comparison.

cr0wley

truth is, frogs were gay from the start.
Does anyone have any recommendations on a 7-9" desktop rig, I previously loved my seed of life 7" can from CCG on DHGate but lost it to my sink. Ideally I want something in the same form factor as the CCG can to use with a barstool and higher table.

Top Bottom