Cheap High Quality Bubbler

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I can't tell what's going on. The vendor offered me a partial refund of a penny. I'm sure he had to do that to close out his refusal and wasn't meaning to be insulting. I offered to accept a $10 refund and he seemed to go for that, but now is saying he will send me another. It is getting confusing. I guess I will just have to wait and see how this pans out...

If he offers me a reasonable partial refund I will accept it rather than insist on a replacement as I'm willing to use the piece without the rattle but only if he makes an effort to satisfy me. It is a fucking rattlecan after all...

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Mine was confusing as hell, too. I was ready to accept a partial refund just to be done with it but in the end held out for a replacement and I'm glad I did. The replacement is built much better and works properly. I'll hold onto the wonky one as a backup.

The way I looked at it -- I wanted to buy a glass piece. If I saw the piece I received for a discount, is that the one I'd buy? Or would I go for the one that's built correctly for a few bucks more. I'd rather have the one that works correctly.

Best of luck!

Azn2101

Hmmm...PopularGlass has really been letting people down lately it seems. My buddy had the problem I saw others were having when I was catching up on a few pages back with the weirdly blown intakes on rattle cans.

I got a text from a buddy who asked if I wanted to hang out and he dropped by with his set-up and he bring out the Rattle Can and the female joint was like 10° to the right and bent back/up.

What happened lol? I know we're in a trade war with China but does that translate to the items sent here too?

...I guess so lol

China: "FUCKA-YOU America! Raise price on beef we mix with longevity inducing veggies will you? See how you like when I make you shitty Bong!"

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I can't tell what's going on. The vendor offered me a partial refund of a penny. I'm sure he had to do that to close out his refusal and wasn't meaning to be insulting. I offered to accept a $10 refund and he seemed to go for that, but now is saying he will send me another. It is getting confusing. I guess I will just have to wait and see how this pans out...

If he offers me a reasonable partial refund I will accept it rather than insist on a replacement as I'm willing to use the piece without the rattle but only if he makes an effort to satisfy me. It is a fucking rattlecan after all...
If you want cheap low cost glass?
Cultural difference is a issue!

Order a bunch and sell what you don’t need?

The Old Adage: “you get what you pay for!”
Asian’s love green?
Just a color!

GDP ROSIN is the way truth and life worth living.

FC186: setup?

Last edited:

MuushuPork

Pretty sure that's google translate messing with your head. Not sure if I'm correct in my assumption though. If they said they'd replace than they most likely will. Little more patience won't cost much. Realistically the can is usable but it 100% should have a rattle. From what I saw yours is welded in a spot that shouldn't have been welded, which makes it worse than just a non-rattle.

Hmmm...PopularGlass has really been letting people down lately it seems. My buddy had the problem I saw others were having when I was catching up on a few pages back with the weirdly blown intakes on rattle cans.

I got a text from a buddy who asked if I wanted to hang out and he dropped by with his set-up and he bring out the Rattle Can and the female joint was like 10° to the right and bent back/up.

What happened lol? I know we're in a trade war with China but does that translate to the items sent here too?

...I guess so lol

China: "FUCKA-YOU America! Raise price on beef we mix with longevity inducing veggies will you? See how you like when I make you shitty Bong!"

Stephen is the one to get from, not sure whom popular glass is.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
but now is saying he will send me another.
That would be my fault, I got in touch with Yinmin and 'had a go' at them and linked them to the post showing the welded ball and said the reason I went with them was to stop all this QC shit and if problems do occur (we are only human) they would fix the problems without all the Chna Bullshit excuses we usually get when a problem arises.:disgust:
They apologized and said they would send a replacement, hopefully, a perfect example now.
:tup:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That would be my fault, I got in touch with Yinmin and 'had a go' at them ...
They apologized and said they would send a replacement, hopefully, a perfect example now.
:tup:
Thanks @LesPlenty. I don't expect perfection on knock offs but I do expect a piece that functions as promised. While I was willing to go sans rattle at a discount, I would rather have the rattle and pay the expected price. Your effort is appreciated.

Azn2101

Stephen is the one to get from, not sure whom popular glass is.

For some reason I thought they were the same person but I could be wrong.

Either way I'm really glad I grabbed the extra Rattle Can back in April before the Orange man and Whinnie the Pooh began clashing. Yeah it's only a few bucks more but as people have said it seems the quality (or at least consistancy) of these Rattle cans seems to be questionable these days but it will always beat stateside prices.

The Diffusion Pump aspect is one that I don't think has been fully...explored (if that's the right word for it) because designs like @Richiegageglass's "bottomless" diffusion Pumps are just insane!

Next time I have free cash it's going towards this. But I really liked the aspect of the single arm in the FC-710 models cause the water seems to more or less break up the streams of vapor with water, and looks/acts like a Volcano spewing lava instead of vapor being carried thru bubbles until they release the vapor into the main chamber.

I hope posting the pic this doesn't violate terms on FC. As long as it doesn't have a logo right?

I'll remove it if it does violate rules, sorry in advance Mods.

Moses Baca

Stevenlmz = popular glass

My experience with him (not good) is documented in this thread. He's also mentioned in the 'sellers to avoid' thread a few times.

It looks like you generally get what you pay for. Lots of vendors, lots of reports of hit or miss.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Azn2101 no worries, bro - that rule is just for counterfeit glass logos, posting proper glassblowers on instagram is always fine. He's not trying to deceive or trade off of a name that's not his. Although his stuff looks so nice it's probably not for the cheap thread! Lol, but thanks for sharing him here because Im always looking for some new IG artist to follow. I look for the ones who know their craft well but haven't been "discovered" yet. Once that happens and they've got +50,000 followers, I know they're way outta my price range! :lol:

Azn2101

@Azn2101 no worries, bro - that rule is just for counterfeit glass logos, posting proper glassblowers on instagram is always fine. He's not trying to deceive or trade off of a name that's not his. Although his stuff looks so nice it's probably not for the cheap thread! Lol, but thanks for sharing him here because Im always looking for some new IG artist to follow. I look for the ones who know their craft well but haven't been "discovered" yet. Once that happens and they've got +50,000 followers, I know they're way outta my price range! :lol:

So true. I think this guys on the cusp of the glass blowing "You made it" team cause this piece+dropdown was $225 for a long time well at least the few months I've been eying it, then he must've needed some cash cause he did an auction for all his base models and it went to $245 so now they're $275 without the Dropdown and the piece I didn't think people would want was $300 for a new blown one and I think it ended at $550 so I'm genuinely scared to ask if his prices increased with that sale.

But his work is really cool and really original so I think it'll be worth it Considering the "Bottemless" doesn't go over it's current price with the dropdown

justcametomind

I'm talking with DHgate rep about my bad buying experience. I have received some FC-Mod clone. The glass thing that gets inside the main body is too tall (or better said the main body is too short). So it has bad balance if used with the "attachment" on (should it be called the ash catcher?), other than a connection that's far from being airtight. You could probably get the job done if combusting, but that's not an easy thing for them to understand.
After telling me in every single mail that the next day they would close the controversy (without doing it), they offered me a 15$ refund while the piece costed 54$. I said that 15$ was better than nothing but the piece was considerably different than the pics, unusable as I intended to use it and would like better the seller would send me a shorter diffuser (the hing that gets inside the main body) or full refund.
They answered me they'll ask.
Is there any rule on it? Should't they apply the rules of the nation where the purchase goods gets delivered?
The seller of my unsatisfying FC Mod clone was bongglass. Dhgate rep firstly proposed me a 15$ refund while the water piece was worth >50$.
The problem was that the main body wasn’t blown as tall as it should so the downstem touches the bottom of it and consequently, also the connection at the top of it wasn’t airtight. It could be used to smoke maybe, not at best, but not to vaporize. Dhgate rep proposed me a 15$ refund. I asked full refund or better, a reship of a shorter downstem. The seller agreed for a reship of the whole piece, but apparently didn’t provide any shipping notification to DHGate and apparently this thing pissed them off, so I got a full refund. I can say I was very lucky and it’s not excluded I will receive a new piece as well. Regardless of how it turned out, I was prepared to take it as a loss. I will now buy only from reputed sellers like yingmin5, popularglass or steven. I misplaced my FC Mod and thought this could be a replacement. Never again.

wildything

The seller of my unsatisfying FC Mod clone was bongglass. Dhgate rep firstly proposed me a 15$ refund while the water piece was worth >50$.
The problem was that the main body wasn’t blown as tall as it should so the downstem touches the bottom of it and consequently, also the connection at the top of it wasn’t airtight. It could be used to smoke maybe, not at best, but not to vaporize. Dhgate rep proposed me a 15$ refund. I asked full refund or better, a reship of a shorter downstem. The seller agreed for a reship of the whole piece, but apparently didn’t provide any shipping notification to DHGate and apparently this thing pissed them off, so I got a full refund. I can say I was very lucky and it’s not excluded I will receive a new piece as well. Regardless of how it turned out, I was prepared to take it as a loss. I will now buy only from reputed sellers like yingmin5, popularglass or steven. I misplaced my FC Mod and thought this could be a replacement. Never again.
The FC-Mod clone I got 3 years ago was from that seller and I had no problems with quality. The new one wasn't as bad as yours but I also got a refund. It seems like the only good FC-mod available now is from Steven. I'm currently waiting for TAG to relist the 4.25" matrix since that's the only piece that I broke and wanted to replace.

Ironically the showerhead on the new FC-Mod clone has less slits but has less drag due to bigger slits than Steven's(Which I ordered as a replacement a couple years ago). But its shorter and the ashcatcher sticks out pretty far and looks fragile so still can't recommend but at least they had one thing going for them :lol:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Since your so rich, just buy from MOBILUS in the USA
Like I said in a earlier post: buy what U can afford?

Azn2101

Damn, I'm almost ashamed to ask this but does anyone know how to get thick/hard water deposits that are REALLY stuck on there on the inside bottom of Glass off?

Let my Rattle Can go (as far as the few other pieces of glass that I don't really like their performance compared to the Cans) and normally 91% iso and rock salt work like a charm (out of simple green concentrate mix) but again it must've gotten Truck Stop Bathroom Bad cause after two good washes it's gotten so that I can kind of see through it but it literally looked I had an opaque bottomed Rattle can.

Anyone got some finger wagging that comes along with some advise. Haha....but seriously lol.

elykpeace

exVASted
Damn, I'm almost ashamed to ask this but does anyone know how to get thick/hard water deposits that are REALLY stuck on there on the inside bottom of Glass off?

Let my Rattle Can go (as far as the few other pieces of glass that I don't really like their performance compared to the Cans) and normally 91% iso and rock salt work like a charm (out of simple green concentrate mix) but again it must've gotten Truck Stop Bathroom Bad cause after two good washes it's gotten so that I can kind of see through it but it literally looked I had an opaque bottomed Rattle can.

Anyone got some finger wagging that comes along with some advise. Haha....but seriously lol.
Pub Brewers wash and then distilled water and vinegar rinse

Moses Baca

Google search gives lots of options. I'd try soak with some warm vinegar and lemon juice mix. Or get more Simple Green.

Moses Baca,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Azn2101

Pub Brewers wash and then distilled water and vinegar rinse

Hmmm I see here that Oxyclean is pretty similar (same base ingredient) to PBW cause I don't have PBW and always wondered what it was but ill look into it if Oxyclean won't work (still reading if it's ok as a replacement for this.)

Google search gives lots of options. I'd try soak with some warm vinegar and lemon juice mix. Or get more Simple Green.

Awesome man thanks I kinda forgot about Vinigar cause I used so much of it to clean dog pre out of the carpet that I solely think if it as "piss cleaner" lol

I go with PBW:tup:

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

Is PBW like a clean all type type material like simple Green?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Many will disagree with my assessment?
I use RO water + dishwasher soap to make my glass sparkling clean?
Dirty glass destroy’s the flavor of the vapor!
Simple Green will work however the favor might experience alteration?
It dose work for some?
I’m quilty of chasing flavor!

My comment’s is my take?

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/page-55

Designed for and most recommended to clean equipment for brewing beer. I use it as the cleaner of last resort or when I have let something get VERY dirty. Otherwise, because I use Cranberry Extract in my water, cleaning rarely needs much more than hot water. But I don't do dabs and I understand they need much more cleanup than flower...

Azn2101

Many will disagree with my assessment?
I use RO water + dishwasher soap to make my glass sparkling clean?
Dirty glass destroy’s the flavor of the vapor!
Simple Green will work however the favor might experience alteration?
It dose work for some?
I’m quilty of chasing flavor!

My comment’s is my take?

Reverse Osmosis water? U think we had one of those on my dad's property when we drew water from and underground spring in Tennessee. I think.

Do they sell it bottled or anything?

I also could be confusing what you're talking about cause I just saw something on Google that it's like a 6 on the pH scale or something lower than what we should drink but again I could be confusing things.

Designed for and most recommended to clean equipment for brewing beer. I use it as the cleaner of last resort or when I have let something get VERY dirty. Otherwise, because I use Cranberry Extract in my water, cleaning rarely needs much more than hot water. But I don't do dabs and I understand they need much more cleanup than flower...
That is so funny that the best cleaner for beer is also the best cleaner for most glass pieces/accessories for smoking and vaping. Really cool, thanks man. =)

Edit: it's sitting in some plain distilled white Vinigar and it's clearing up but the bubbles have stop rising and it seems to be as clean as it's going to get but then again it's been....less than 20min lol.

I'll let you guys know before the end of the evening

Edit:

Not completely clean but 100x better than even after the Iso/Salt solution.

I'm fairly sure at the small layer of build up will come off with the drippings of 2x old bottles of Simple Green concentrate that should be enough to cover the bottom provided the microwave doesn't zap too much away and all of it makes it to the bottom and not on the walls.

It's awesome though Thanks @elykpeace @ataxian @Moses Baca @cybrguy @triskelion

Now to wait for a new banger to use this 2nd hand AiN insert in freakin mint condition. I guesstimated about a 30/70% (70 being no good) that I was gonna get some Frankenstein of an insert but it's clean as hell! Something about it not fitting into a Even Shore "TruthTech" banger which i cant find much about. Anyone know what it is; im guessing it must be been a badass banger to just not just go get a banger that it would fit the insert.

it's torture to have a Enail set-up and no store in my city and only a few in the county, that sells a reasonably well made banger for under $80. Almost like a 710coil banger except with a 25mm w/ 3mm bottom and 2mm walls...and no bevel for $75+tax.

How can I live in SoCal and not have a smoke shop with decent enough stock at reasonable prices without having to drive into LA.

Sorry, got off topic but I'm "bubbling" over with excitement :freak:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

My education is in science and ph was are friend in the lab?
FAITH or FACT?

Last edited:
Top Bottom