Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
rBVaVl0sKaOAajiNAAKl4I87B5M501.jpg

rBVaVl0ip2KAApFcAAGmj9zbhlo582.jpg

I like the look of stevenlmzs neck wonder which would splash up more

So, I take it that the choices are either crookedly tilted inwards bowl, or crookedly tilted outwards bowl? Both are crooked as fuck.
If those are the best pictures they had of their best units...then I can't imagine how crooked the stock units must be.

CalyxSmokr

I have the exact set up and really like it on my 12"Straight Fab Egg (fuck the price has gone up nearly 20%),
https://www.dhgate.com/product/14inch-glass-water-pipes-glass-bongs-with/402453021.html?
skuid=370443677349281792#mfavit-12-null

I am still looking at the gooseneck rattle can from Stevenimz for use with my Halo though.:tup:

I pulled on mine flat out without a vape in it and still no splash up the mouthpiece pipe due to the perc set up working as a shield.:2c:

@cybrguy those 710 pumps have all that water for extra weight to steady it when an enail is attached? They also have a very thin mouthpiece glass, the same as the D020-d now has and is the reason why I do not recommend the D020 series anymore, they just do not feel solid like they used to.
would that egg be good with draw restriction like an enano or not enough chug?

CalyxSmokr,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Ramahs

I really want a rattlecan, but these pics with all the super-duper crooked parts are keeping me from buying one.

What's the original brand-name model that these knock-offs were inspired to clone? Maybe I should just spend a bit more and go with that.

Ramahs,
Reactions: Summer

LesPlenty

Company Rep
would that egg be good with draw restriction like an enano or not enough chug?
I only use it for dabbing, I like my VA Rattle Can from Yinmin5 with my WiidScents...a lot, don't let the picture worry you if it is not straight and not to your satisfaction, you are covered.

So, I take it that the choices are either crookedly tilted inwards bowl, or crookedly tilted outwards bowl?
I messaged Yinmin5 about the wonky lookung picture and they said it was just the angle of the camera when the shot was taken. I said surely they could put up a better picture but they did not change it.:mental:
My example and a couple others that I know of are all great, not crooked at all, but I am sure there was a link somewhere to the original, someone will no doubt chime in soon, I think it had a 14mm male fitting from memory.:tup:

MoltenTiger

I really want a rattlecan, but these pics with all the super-duper crooked parts are keeping me from buying one.

What's the original brand-name model that these knock-offs were inspired to clone? Maybe I should just spend a bit more and go with that.
The original design was pioneered by ‘Steve Bates & Worm’, beginning as a big external diffusion pump, then using the same water action concept a smaller internalised version was born.

illuzion_denver3-2919_1.jpg
illuzion_denver3-2921_1.jpg

These sell for $160-450 USD.

The concept is to reduce the dry volume in an oil rig whilst maximising water contact, similar to how recyclers have become a standard, the diffusion pump is a staple design.

The FC-710 is a copy of the smaller internal diffusion pump, I believe the design was pushed to Stevenlmz79 on DHGate by @blankrider http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/open-source-glass-thread.16915/
At the time intricate pieces were rarer and most Chinese shops were slinging ROOR knock offs. I guess the likes of Mobius and Mothership were just starting to redefine the production and marketing game, so this Bates and Worm piece really represents a pivotal design.

It became extremely popular and the work producing it is one reason the momentum of China glass gained such inertia.

Beyond this service of caring and sharing, where IP is stolen and a small operator and larger community is granted a chance to benefit, bigger industry profiteers understood the potential and obtained the license to reproduce the Bates and Worm design more professionally.

Grav Labs started making a really clean version that goes for upwards of $99 USD
DSC_0207_1024x1024.jpg

Probably in part due to the inferior knock-offs, and Grav Labs own product diversification, this piece seems quite hard to find in-stock now.

@Baron23 did you sell yours? Re: https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/725/gravlabs-bates-x-worm-internal-diffuser-pump (nice write up btw) [edit, looks like the internal has been passed on]

Last edited:

Ramahs

I've seen the Worm in stock on Grave's site. So, maybe I should just go with that....though, it seems so different than the current iteration....although, it almost looks like their tall upline model(S) may be a newer and better iteration of this Worm.

MoltenTiger

I've seen the Worm in stock on Grave's site. So, maybe I should just go with that....though, it seems so different than the current iteration....although, it almost looks like their tall upline model(S) may be a newer and better iteration of this Worm.
I couldn’t find it available anywhere I looked, if you find it it will be rare and worth a buy.

The upline series is a similar concept, however quite a different way to do it.
I haven’t used any of these pieces so it’s hard to say how they compare, but I imagine they would vary by a reasonable amount.

I have a dual upline floating recycler which pumps bubbles though a couple of straws before recycling it to the basin, it’s well suited to oil but also great for flower as it still gets some percolation in the base.
However a mini rig with a tiny amount of water, little dry volume and a simple 3-hole stem perc retains much more flavour without being as smooth. You can’t really go wrong, but ensuring the dynamics are in check, that things are straight, well aligned and proportionally correct, etc., makes a massive difference to the look, function and overall enjoyment of using something.
Chinese pieces are full of compromise and now the prices have ramped up most of it is certainly not high quality or even cheap anymore.

MuushuPork

I thought seriously about getting that one, but I went with Yinmin5's instead for a few reasons. https://www.dhgate.com/product/amazing-fuction-glass-bong-glass-water-pipe/474981921.html Among them, I am a flower guy and prefer a female joint. I also don't really get the reason for the glass bubble at the bottom that holds water (adding to the weight) without any obvious benefit. If the vapor circulated through it maybe, but it doesn't look like it does from the vid. I would rather have thicker glass at the bottom. And thirdly, prior to this piece I haven't heard of this vendor and tend to go with vendors I know like Steven and Yingmin5 and Sunshine store.
This piece does have the advantage of being cheaper, but not cheaper enough to overrule my other objections. It hasn't arrived yet so I don't yet know how it will actually perform, but I will certainly share that after I get it.

I prefer steven's mostly because of familiarity but I also like the more upward angle of the neck and mouth. I had a d20 or whatever before the 710 and it was might and day. Not sure exactly why though. Maybe line of sight and exposure to vapor? It was a while ago and it's foggy

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I prefer steven's mostly because of familiarity but I also like the more upward angle of the neck and mouth. I had a d20 or whatever before the 710 and it was might and day. Not sure exactly why though. Maybe line of sight and exposure to vapor? It was a while ago and it's foggy
I think the D020 (from sunshine store) was the first glass piece I bought after joining this forum, and almost certainly on @ataxian recommendation. It is a great small light piece and I use it now mostly for low flow vapes like the VapCap. I tend to use larger pieces for my high flow vapes like anything RBT. I use both small and large pieces for vapes like the Lotus, but my Steven pieces, the FC-UFO and the FC-187 NEED more airflow so the VapCaps aren't a great pairing. Those pieces are quite heavy and make good bases for frankenglass and easily stand up to heavier vapes like the Zion. The UFO I never use handheld, and so lately isn't getting a lot of use.
The 710 clone (GB-446 in this case) is intended for my Splinter vapes, but we'll see after I get it. It arrived at Chicago ORD yesterday and claims a Monday delivery. Today is 10 days from order. I am looking forward to trying it.
For the last couple weeks I have been using mostly, almost exclusively, the D022 which is also an old standard that I really like using and with the removable stem is extremely easy to use and keep clean. I can recommend ANY of these pieces mentioned to anyone.

Added: I felt badly writing that my UFO wasn't getting much use. Here are a couple pics of her getting used... :p
Ufo-w-Lotus.jpg

Zion-On-Ufo.jpg

Last edited:

MuushuPork

This is what I'm using while I wait for a replacement. Anyone remember Distilled Glass? Great piece and was only like $160, just doesn't see much use as it is harder to maintain and gives less flavor than the FC-710. Hits smooth as butter at high temps (for me 530-540 on Auber RDK200B) and function is really interesting. Sorry I have no idea why but I can't get the img thing to work so I only have a link.

https://imgur.com/a/IcsnOPA

Last edited:

Ramahs

Not much flexibility as it needs to be that high or close for the water to come up fully into the vortex chamber. Do you think its a design flaw?

Hmmm, odd. With pretty much every recycler I've seen, the bubbles have no problem going up the tube to the chamber with the water being significantly lower than that.

I would expect the water level for something like that to be right about here, about where that little ring on the glass downtube is below the bowl:
GCfRJfi.jpg

Your water's up to the damn tube without even pulling on it. That just seems highly unusual to me.

Last edited:

MuushuPork

Yeah I tried it at that line and it was almost like sucking on a straw at the end of a drink. I bought this in 2015 I think so may not be as advanced technology wise as what's around these days. Maybe it's because of the height? It's 16".

Ramahs

You must not hit it very fast. I could see someone saying that if they were, say, hitting somethink like a dynavap through it...because you can't really draw fast enough to make the recycler function without having way too much water. But with a nail, the draw is normally plenty fast for the recycler to function without having to overfill the water.

Everyone's different, I guess.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Found a rig that resembles the renown Do20-D but with a few extras. Black accents and a straight tube to the top instead of a side car arrangemant. Should be easier to clean I figure. Also seems to extract even harder then the standard Do20-D. Nice upgrade. :D And with a small discount on Ebay. Got it in 2 weeks to the US.
Hfy glass is a China glass company that has a trademark line of glass pieces. they seem to specialize in glass pieces that you can freeze.
Matrix Perc Glass Bong 8.5 inch Mini Glass Water Pipe Bong Hookah Smoking Pipes | eBay
Their website -Phoenix glass - Wuhan HFY Glass Co., Ltd. - page 1.
s-l1600.jpg

MoltenTiger

Recyclers are all different, even those blown in the same pattern are nearly impossible to precisely match to have any kind of universal water levels. Some scientific rigs will have an indication for water level but it's very rare to see that. Ultimately it's up to the user and the use case. Because of all that, it really varies widely between the many different types of recyclers, devices and people.

(Sneaky Pete offers a similar-ish style to the distilledglass one above, which I have seen simply not function with a vape attached, because it needs more water but then it can't handle more water. Having a honeycomb should mean an airy percolation chamber, a slotted inline isn't going to behave with the same bubble stacking, it's not meant to be an airy percolation in that oil rig).

With the pic above (@Ramahs did you reupload? Looks like www.imgbb.com will be my go-to now that Tinypic is no more)

DSC-0069.jpg

Here's my most relevant pic (testing imgbb), not particularly cheap, and the quality is debatable, but a great spot for a quick spot of insta clouds.

As with all recyclers, the water balance is a little picky. This one manages to function with the water just covering the perc, but it works better with a bit more, and it starts to splash the mouthpiece about halfway up (although the perc function is still firing nicely , it needs a chamber between the neck and body to avoid splashes).

Adding lots of water above the perc of a recycler just adds a nice bit of chug. Once all the water is displaced, the thing should fire up and it won't need much to keep it moving. Ideally with a lot of water it will just keep cycling despite drag speed, and the mouthpiece will stay dry.

It'd be a design flaw if the water needed to be filled into the upline tube, that might happen as the water shifts from the stemless entry, but as long as you're not getting a drink and are happy with the chug, then it's fine - enjoy that super smooth inhalation!

If that piece had a gridded inline, you would find it'd stack MUCH more and require less water to cycle through, but it also changes the style and signiture of a hit.

When the water level is wrong for the use case, the piece acts like a simple rig with a splash guard. You should feel the constant motion with a recycler, if the water isn't flowing right, it means the toke speed is chopping and changing. A good design should offer a smooth and consistent pull once the intitial chug is dealt with.

Here's one just managing to function with an airy percolation chamber and a reasonably open airflow vape (would better perform with the PFE). You can see when the vape is removed and the chamber is cleared how the water is supposed to move, the levels are fine without a vape, but not great with it. This is why it's hard to match a recycler to a vape, they're all different and you often can get a drink when removing the vape to clear the rig

C No Ego

Ok, so this is my current Vape bubbler https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2015-feb-newest-glass-bong-9-quot-inches/247499767.html

I've just ordered this one ( two pieces minimum) https://www.dhgate.com/product/7-inch-solid-yellow-glass-water-bong-bubbler/423504467.html

just like the smaller hand held 14mm female bubbler, banger hanger ETC.... for smaller vapes with not much air resistance like the Fury vapes ...

if anyone knows of other modela similar let me know, may order one more just in case (JIC / GAS)

Top Bottom