1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheap, high-quality bubbler??

Discussion in 'Glass' started by Bleezy, Mar 3, 2012.

1. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

I agree, they should give a discount for the free advertising they get from it.:tup:

felon167inc, pxl_jockey and Ramahs like this.
  2. bizwaxzion

bizwaxzion Enigmatic Cannabist

3. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

This was my first daily driver after switching from bongs to bubblers. Its a great piece for flowers or dabbing IME. It only requires a little water (just over the perc) and it rips huge bubbles so theres not much flavor loss. I really like mine...my better half dropped it and broke the base only but its still running strong. Its a great piece! I am going to have to clean mine up and bring it back into rotation this weekend.

Hogni and ClearBlueLou like this.
  4. D32320

D32320 Noob Saibot

I finally received my piece from Steven, and used it for a few hours before I noticed it actually has a leak. Seems like the base isn’t sealed correctly with the bottom perc. Such a shame because it truly is a pretty piece.

On a more positive note, I received this as well from yingmin5.
    [​IMG]
    This piece is pretty nice for the price, about $21.37.

https://dhgate.com/product/new-small-portable-glass-bong-glass-smoking/415629248.html

One thing to note is that the sizes on both of the rigs are slightly different than described. They are both 14mm, however the YingMin piece is closer to 7.5” or 20cm, not 8”. The Steven piece is closer to 21 cm, not 19cm.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Summer, LesPlenty and Hogni like this.
  5. LesPlenty

I find they are usually taller than specified as they don`t bother to bend the neck piece very far.:tup:
    Popular glass are god sellers, get in touch with them about your problem.

D32320 and felon167inc like this.
  6. D32320

D32320 Noob Saibot

Yeah I’ve done business with them a few times, they are true professionals. They offered to replace it once I provide a video of the leak.

wildything and felon167inc like this.
  7. LesPlenty

I can`t even upload a picture on DHGate unless I open a dispute, good luck with a video, don`t converse with any seller outside of the DHGate system, scammers might get you and DHGate forbid it too.:tup:

felon167inc likes this.
  8. virtualpurple

virtualpurple Well-Known Member

Has anyone come across a miniature version of the FC-ufo? I really enjoy it but I would be interested in seeing a smaller can version that still stayed a bit wide to keep the stability. Bonus points if there is one with removable perc.

LesPlenty, pxl_jockey and Hogni like this.
  9. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

That piece would be really nice! I'd be in at once.

Up to then, I'll give the EHLE AKW a try next time

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There also is a whip adapter available. A whip with mps too of course.

H 150mm
    W 110 mm
    18 f joints

103€

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  10. LesPlenty

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    Hogni, Summer, Megaton and 2 others like this.
  11. virtualpurple

virtualpurple Well-Known Member

That is exactly the type of setup I want. I think that bubblers with removable percs are infinitely easier to clean! I still would prefer a ufo style piece but this is all the right qualities! But I can’t afford a piece that nice so I'll have to just hope one of our favorite DHgate vendors will arrive at a similar idea.

Good suggestion! I actually have that piece but my dog knocked it over and my ashcatcher and Jhook met an untimely demise!
    You’re right that it is a good piece, but I’d like to see it get even smaller! I would love to find something with a can roughly the size of a beer can or an orbiter.

Sometimes I also feel like the devastator clone has a little too much draw restriction for me, I often feel like I’m trying to drink a thick milkshake through a straw. Love it overall though and that reminds me that it need to replace the ash catcher!

12. Hogni

@LesPlenty, the same way I use my FC-mod! The Showerhead is much more flavourful and an attached ashcatcher delivers too much percolation.

Sorry guys thought you'd see it cause of the mark on the pics. It's a collab construction between the famous German glass blower factory EHLE and Verdampftnochmal, the biggest German Vape shop. Therefore it's exclusively available at VDNM.

pxl_jockey and Summer like this.
  13. LesPlenty

It is smaller than a beer can, a standard one, not like these Ozzie Fosters ones;
    [​IMG]

felon167inc likes this.
  14. LesPlenty

Me in `93 in Mt Isa, no Boags there.:tup:
    Is that a planet Germany shop! FFS, I thought it was just the Yanks that didn`t like to share.:lol:

Mr. Gweilo 420 and felon167inc like this.
  15. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

Never!

LesPlenty and felon167inc like this.
  16. Hogni

Sorry, I don't understand you. I've linked the address!?

17. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

I was so excited when I got my first conversion rig, a knockoff of the illadelph... it was shit. I thought I was going to love the adaptability but it sucked ass no matter what orientation you set it up. I wont buy any more.

img-20141111-144743.jpg

18. Nina

Nina Well-Known Member

I recently bought this one from DHgate with a removable perc
    https://www.dhgate.com/product/dfx-...nfo=1,null,7#cpmfvh-7-5|null:null:r1417961307
    I agree that cleaning is much easier but the perc is very fragile and easily damaged, after only a few uses bits have broken off the ends of the pipes, I really like the piece but am a bit paranoid about inhaling unseen glass fragments and I shan't buy any more with removable percs

virtualpurple likes this.
  19. Grifo

Grifo Well-Known Member

that sucks ive been looking at these too because i want to be able to be able to switch components for dabs and flower.

LesPlenty likes this.
  20. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

It simply had shitty function in both forms.

I LOVE easy to clean pieces with removable down stems, but the conversion rig was just not up to par.

I've never before resold a piece so quickly... I knew after the first session it was a dud novelty purchase (speaking for the illadelph conversion knockoff).

canj00digit? and LesPlenty like this.
  21. LesPlenty

Sorry @Hogni , my bad, I did not realise that Verdampftnochmal was actually a link:mental:!
    I am a computer dim wit most of the time, please bear with me.:tup:
    @Nina I have that Sheldon Black knock off and don`t like it, too restrictive and fragile looking. If you want a good modular piece that has thick glass downstems, get a FC-MOD;
    https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015-new-34-5cm-height-glass-bong-with-matrix/255741536.html

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    Nina and Ramahs like this.
  22. Hogni

As I also told you before I've one and use it the same way as you do.
    A bit more concentration please, my friend ;)

Summer and Ramahs like this.
  23. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

LesPlenty, GreenHopper and Hogni like this.
  24. LesPlenty

Sorry again @Hogni, the second part of my reply was not aimed at you. I promise I do pay attention, most of the time. :tup:

Hogni and felon167inc like this.
  25. Hogni

ALL the time, please! :tup:

LesPlenty and Summer like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors