Cheap High Quality Bubbler

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
J0BbaGn.jpg

$20 however work's?

cloudsosmoke

I noticed the lotus guy is looking at making a sort of sidecar j-hook

He’s looking for suggestions

A sidecar jhook is a good description, though it has a tube aimed at your eye instead of a dome.

We are having a discussion about how it should stand/lie. Right now it isn't free standing but when it lies down the mouthpiece doesn't touch the table top. If it stands up more it:
1 takes less table space
2 looks better (I think)
3 Is easier to break if it gets knocked over
4 Is clumsier to hold in your hand
I would definitely like other people's opinions.

cloudsosmoke,
Reactions: Summer

Mr.Sifter

Excactly.
But how come dhgate only offers the large tubes?

There used to be smaller tubes for eg a solo or a mighty.

Mr.Sifter,

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Excactly.
But how come dhgate only offers the large tubes?

There used to be smaller tubes for eg a solo or a mighty.
Hiya @Mr.Sifter I know what you're talking about, from the Solo (2?) thread IIRC. I just so happen to have two of these smaller tubes you seek. They're not from PIU, but from ebay and look identical; although the one from PIU may be higher quality, idk. I got 2 but only ever tried one of them and the other is brand new like it was just born in China. Coincidentally, I also just happen to be going to the post office tomorrow to send a package to a friend in Germany. So it would be no problem at all to also post a small padded envelope to you. It would be my pleasure.
Please just DM me an address before 10.00 tomorrow morning and it's yours!

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I picked up a few ash catchers and J-hooks from Sunshinestore on DHgate. The J-hooks came as a pair so I decided to get both 45 degree and 90 degree ash catchers to make a hammer style bubbler or hook up to my other water pieces. This is mainly to use a tiny bit of water to cool down my vapcaps and not kill the flavour. I think I might have to make a stubby vapcap to match the ashcatchers.
14mm-18mm-ash-catcher-for-glass-water-bong-45-90-degree-three-four-arm-tree-perc-honeycomb.jpg

five-arm-glass-perc-bong-ash-catcher-bowl-water-pipes-percolator-smoking-pipe-free-shipping-14mm.jpg

mouthpiece-with-clip-glass-attachment-j-hook-adapter-adaptor-creative-style-j-hooks-glass-pipe-joint-size-14mm-19mm-female.jpg

turdhole

vagabond
i saw someone mention on IG that there is a good MS beaker clone on Dhgate? i searched "beaker" in this thread but it wasnt helpful. any input on MS beaker style from dhgate?

turdhole,

MegaMan2k

Someone posted in the thread "Daily smokers, why are you still buying China glass?"

That you should worry about lead and other nasty stuff in the china glass if they had colors,

looking at the piece i posted 3 posts up, is this something to be worried about?

lol

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: biohacker

MegaMan2k

im all ears for health concerns-

Which negatives could be attributed to the "Dirty" glass?
could it generate irritated skin around the lips and such?

Or more serious than that?

MegaMan2k,

LesPlenty

Company Rep

That is the problem, we just do not know, that is why I stick to clear glass. I also like to see vapour forming (although not a problem with the one you posted a pic of).

LesPlenty,

MegaMan2k

Would ruin the experience to sit there with an itchy mouth after a hit lol,

bummed out by this was really thinking about getting that colorful piece -.-

MegaMan2k,

biohacker

Someone posted in the thread "Daily smokers, why are you still buying China glass?"

That you should worry about lead and other nasty stuff in the china glass if they had colors,

looking at the piece i posted 3 posts up, is this something to be worried about?

lol

im all ears for health concerns-

Which negatives could be attributed to the "Dirty" glass?

Or more serious than that?

I was going to ask too... seems like fear mongering to me. I have some colour in every piece i've ever used and never once had an issue. My current favourite piece is from CCG and has a bit of colour in the mouthpiece and base. I don't think they are "painted" though? I'd be much more concerned with silicone.

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
I would not be surprised if there are items with leaded paint, but that doesn't mean every piece is subjected to this.

Drexciya,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Huh? Almost all glass colours are made the same. China makes shitty quality coloured glass, amercia makes some of the best. When I say this I'm talking about the actual colour rods that the artists use.

Even the companies in America use things like cobalt and cadmium in thier coloured glass. As long as you aren’t abrading the glass and comsuming it there really shouldn’t be anything that comes off it.

A lot of coloured glass gets covered in a thin layer of clear glass anyways. This protects it from bubbling and makes it compatible to work with other colours.

It’s just fear mongering

Last edited:

mixchu69

I was going to ask too... seems like fear mongering to me. I have some colour in every piece i've ever used and never once had an issue. My current favourite piece is from CCG and has a bit of colour in the mouthpiece and base. I don't think they are "painted" though? I'd be much more concerned with silicone.
Agree with @biohacker . I think it is a lot of bs. A lot of Glass you find at head shops are from China. And if you are concerned, stay away from colored pieces. Not trying to be an ass, but I don't think u need to worry

biohacker

The cured stuff is super stoney there's just a lot of market hype for fresh frozen which the processors push cause it's easier to do.

A lot of coloured glass gets covered in a thin layer of clear glass anyways. This protects it from bubbling and makes it compatible to work with other colours.

It’s just fear mongering

Exactly! It's like the colour is IN the glass itself.

Top Bottom