Cheap Grinder Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Hi,

I keep seeing pictures of people's grinders that collect keif.. I just have an acrylic two piece grinder (with a lid section for storing the ground herb)

I wanted to move away from plastic, as I had read that it's possible for the teeth to break off and the thought of vaping a plastic grinder tooth makes me want to puke!

So I bought a cheap metal grinder from ebay for like £2.00, it was so rubbish with metal burs all over it from the poor quality machining, that I threw it straight in the bin, didn't even try it!

I keep looking at the Santa Cruz but I can't bring myself to spend that type of money on a grinder.

I've found this on ebay : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/56MM-ALUM...-4-PART-TOP-QUALITY-2-FREE-GIFT-/170971781691 and wanted your input as to whether it's worth getting?

I'm happy to pay £10-£20 on a grinder, but not £50-£60.

All input appreciated.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Last edited:

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I got a free aluminum grinder with a purchase from PIU. (PUFF IT UP 4-PART 2.25). When I first started using it I didn't expect much. The machine work was OK and the metal on metal threading wasn't smooth. BUT after about 3 weeks the threading began to smooth itself out, some of the spillage seems to have lubed the threads and now it works pretty good.

Up till then I was using the usual cheap acrylic grinder so my view point isn't based on extensive grinder experience.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@1DMF I'm in the same position. Iv used my trusty plastic 2 piece forever. My friend went to dam 10 years ago and paid 120 euro for a space case. And he still has it and uses it every day. I never got round to parting with loads of cash for a grinder, but now I'm a connoisseur I think I deserve one, I want kief.

My friends mesh is a mess on his, which grinders have removable mesh? Or is this not even an issue if you wash in iso?

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
The screens of my old pollen blitz cleaned up quite well with a bit of iso, but the nylon ring had worn so thin, the grinder was pretty useless anyway.
Having a new anodised grinder was like night and day and it turned so smoothly :)

Grinders with removable screens, off the top of my head:
kannastor gr8tr
compton grinders
phoenician grinders
cali crusher
All pretty expensive though

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@kellya86 - I know, how spooky - though I won't ever follow you on your journey with growing ;) - can barley keep the grass alive in the back garden!

I never had a grinder when I combusted, used to tear it up by hand, part of the whole combusting ritual I think for me.

Now I vape only, I use a grinder and like to consider it part of my vaping ritual. I beleive that's why I've managed to stay off the tobacco by going total cold turkey,.

Part of the wonderful world of vaping and the FC community, is the ritual and social aspects have not just been replaced but enhanced, so I don't miss or crave the old habit one little bit :tup:

That's why I think it's time to invest in a decent grinder, but am a little shocked on the price of an SCS.

Though I guess it's no different that when I first saw the price of a proper vaporiser, boy did I cough and initially get some cheap Chinese shit. However, the minute I decided to bite the bullet and spend the money to get a real vape, I liked it so much I bought another :rockon:

I know as Christmas is coming and the misses will want to get me something, I see a nice stocking filler on the horizon this December :razz:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Part of the wonderful world of vaping and the FC community, is the ritual and social aspects have not just been replaced but enhanced, so I don't miss or crave the old habit one little bit :tup:

This is so true for me. I really thought I was gonna miss the art of rolling. And just pressing a button to get high.
But I was sooo wrong, now I think of rolling a joint as a bit primitive and limited.
I love the way everyone here talks about weed, not as weed but as a beautiful flower, and the scope for experimenting is so much greater than you can achieve with paper and fire.
In short it definately fills the gap.

I too spend 30 quid on a Chinese dome vape. That used loads of herb for the week I used it. Cleaned to dome with iso the other day and reclaimed.

As far as the grinders I don't know what to do. Ill wait and see what you do and how you get on with what you pick. I jus spent a grand on Xmas presents for the kids so not feeling too flush right now. Don't wanna waste 30 quid on something shit like I did with the vape.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
I jus spent a grand on Xmas presents for the kids so not feeling too flush right now. Don't wanna waste 30 quid on something shit like I did with the vape.
I hear ya! Only @ 2months to go before I'm a dad, feel a little guilty already having bought 2 vapes, 2 WT's and accessories, but hey, all work and no play! - I earn my RnR :leaf::zzz::leaf::rockon::leaf:

Having just spent £95 scoring, and £400 on a pram, pennies are only going to get tighter!

This is so true for me. I really thought I was gonna miss the art of rolling. And just pressing a button to get high.
But I was sooo wrong, now I think of rolling a joint as a bit primitive and limited.
I love the way everyone here talks about weed, not as weed but as a beautiful flower, and the scope for experimenting is so much greater than you can achieve with paper and fire.
In short it definately fills the gap.

I too spend 30 quid on a Chinese dome vape. That used loads of herb for the week I used it. Cleaned to dome with iso the other day and reclaimed.

As far as the grinders I don't know what to do. Ill wait and see what you do and how you get on with what you pick. I jus spent a grand on Xmas presents for the kids so not feeling too flush right now. Don't wanna waste 30 quid on something shit like I did with the vape.

I own a 4" space case and 2.5" chromium crusher, the CC isn't QUITE as nice and perfectly smooth but it grinds well and catches kief very well. Apples to apples I wouldn't of bought my space case at all had I known the CC was a cost effective substitute.

Steer clear of the aluminum knockoffs, low grade aluminum that wear (into your medicine!) and poor machining plagues a lot of budget grinders.

little maggie

I have the kannastor gr8tr which I love and which is worth the money. You can change the grinder from fine to normal. I like that I can grind one type of herb and put it in the top for storage and grind another and leave it in the bottom section. I also have the compton which I don't use and will sent to Vitolo one of these days. I like my 3 part SCS. However, if you want something cheap, I actually think the free ones I got from PIU are very good 4 piece ones and would use those over the compton. I think they sell them as well.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@1DMF, congratulations in the upcoming fatherhood. Is it your first?
You timed that wrong, I managed to get most ofy kids born away from xmas, but 1 is in January, which is annoying.

Some good advice here, but no clear winner. Not like when choosing a vape, the eq stood out a mile compared to the competition.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Thanks for all the great advice. I'm gonna go with the Chromium, as I like the design and it seems to be a good half way house, bit like my vape buying. I didn't buy the most expensive, but also not bottom of the range either.

@kellya86 Thanks, yes it is our first and last! - 10 years of IVF, and was successful on our last attempt, as the missus just turned 50 and that's the oldest any reputable clinic will allow you to be for IVF.

She's gonna be drawing her pension before they've left home! I'm a toy boy (6 years younger), so hopefully wont be so hard going...Like having kids is ever easy!

Edit: Apparently I have this one on it's way : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Medical-L...875208?hash=item25addf3048:g:TncAAOSw37tV~GY8

I emailed the missus saying if you'd like to get me something for Christmas, and sent her that link, she just emailed back saying 'Done'.

I replied - You're not suppose to tell me! , Oh well exciting new vape toys to play with on 25th December :)

Last edited:

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
Thanks for all the great advice. I'm gonna go with the Chromium, as I like the design and it seems to be a good half way house, bit like my vape buying. I didn't buy the most expensive, but also not bottom of the range either.

@kellya86 Thanks, yes it is our first and last! - 10 years of IVF, and was successful on our last attempt, as the missus just turned 50 and that's the oldest any reputable clinic will allow you to be for IVF.

She's gonna be drawing her pension before they've left home! I'm a toy boy (6 years younger), so hopefully wont be so hard going...Like having kids is ever easy!

Edit: Apparently I have this one on it's way : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Medical-L...875208?hash=item25addf3048:g:TncAAOSw37tV~GY8

I emailed the missus saying if you'd like to get me something for Christmas, and sent her that link, she just emailed back saying 'Done'.

I replied - You're not suppose to tell me! , Oh well exciting new vape toys to play with on 25th December :)

Congratulations to you and your missus.

:clap:

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Thanks guys

boy or girl or are you going for a surprise.
We chose not to find out, as long as it's healthy, that's all that matters to us.

In fact we have a weeks holiday booked tale end of Nov to decorate nursery, and have yet to decide on colour! Don't think it will care for the first few years! So I'll see if I can push for a Star Wars theme :)

Edit :-

When my wife was pregoshe definitely wasn't buying me vape toys.
You might have a keeper thats half the battle.
I knew I had a good'un some years ago, that's why I married her ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom