Charring vs combustion

DopeShow

and those same physics and reply editing skills got you heaps of pussy when you was in college right?:rofl:

I went to university and won't discuss with u the relations I had when I was there

yup, binary combustion vs open flame ignition & (the other rubbish), thermo-dynamics of convection heating ensures you have the moral high ground here and therefore obliged to point out the guilt & ignorance we are all complicit of?

or just me & the staff?

or just the staff?

rofl- you are fun.............

Yes and it's u and the staff who have clearly displayed ur lack of knowledge on the subject.

I point out u wrote binary combustion vs open flame ignition which is the same thing. U can't have binary combustion without ignition. Again pls educate yourself and staff on this matter before u comment any further.

DopeShow,

dorkus_molorkus

'' I went to university and won't discuss with u the relations I had when I was there''

fuck me that makes two of us. If I spoke about all the dicks I sucked at uni, Id be correcting peeps on a vaping website about how wrong they were about rubbish bullshit like a superior asshole as if there was no tomorrow.

but thats just me.........................

DopeShow

'' I went to university and won't discuss with u the relations I had when I was there''

fuck me that makes two of us. If I spoke about all the dicks I sucked at uni, Id be correcting peeps on a vaping website about how wrong they were about rubbish bullshit like a superior asshole as if there was no tomorrow.

but thats just me.........................

After u r initial anger and irate insulting response, acceptance of my point will come to u.
Achieving the Boiling Point temps of the active ingredients while regulating combustion is key to the proper function of any vaporizer.
Once u understand basic thermodynamics the world will be a much less frustrating place for u.
Wake Up!

I am trying my best to be polite and friendly here. It is so frustrating when u r staff members here are posting such misleading and inaccurate information such as this posted by pakalolo . ....

You cannot have 10% combustion. It's a binary state.

I hope u and the rest of the staff can understand how wrong this statement is regarding convection heating.

DopeShow,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
After u r initial anger and irate insulting response, acceptance of my point will come to u.
Achieving the Boiling Point temps of the active ingredients while regulating combustion is key to the proper function of any vaporizer.
Once u understand basic thermodynamics the world will be a much less frustrating place for u.
Wake Up!

I am trying my best to be polite and friendly here. It is so frustrating when u r staff members here are posting such misleading and inaccurate information such as this posted by pakalolo . ....

You cannot have 10% combustion. It's a binary state.

I hope u and the rest of the staff can understand how wrong this statement is regarding convection heating.

Smouldering is combustion. No one mentioned anything about open flame until you dragged it in to try to justify your argument. You are confusing consumption with combustion. Something can be 10% consumed, but it is either combusting or it isn't.

Incidentally, you don't have to reach the boiling point of any compound to release it. Unlike combustion, vapour release is anything but binary.

DopeShow

Smouldering is combustion. No one mentioned anything about open flame until you dragged it in to try to justify your argument. You are confusing consumption with combustion. Something can be 10% consumed, but it is either combusting or it isn't.

Incidentally, you don't have to reach the boiling point of any compound to release it. Unlike combustion, vapour release is anything but binary.

No u are confusing 100 % combustion with varying levels of incomplete combustion (smouldering/charring).
I'm glad I could educate u on this point.

There is a % of combustion occurring therefore u can consume 10% of u r material by combusting it!!!

Last edited:
DopeShow,

biohacker

No u are confusing 100 % combustion with varying levels of incomplete combustion (smouldering/charring).

Doesn't combustion include varying levels of incomplete combustion as well? Isn't CO caused by incomplete combustion, as is present during every fire?

Dude! You are playing russian roulette with the way you are treating not only other members, but also the bosses of this most awesome forum.

I just came across this thread, but am taken back a bit by some of the comments.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
There is a % of combustion occurring therefore u can consume 10% of u r material by combusting it!!!

I think word choice is playing a big part in the confusion?

Combustion, is combustion. Full combustion is full combustion, incomplete combustion is incomplete combustion. Combustion is combustion. I'm a pretty black and white individual.

Say you vape a bowl at a high temp and end up charging some.
(Horrible diagram incoming)
---------_

Consider each dash as 10% of your weed that you loaded into the bowl. You charred the last 10% that was on top. You achieved 100% combustion on that 10% of your total load amount. You can't reach 50% combustion. Charring/Smoldering is combustion. If that last dash is combusted at all, its combusted. It could be incomplete combustion, or fully combusted, doesn't matter. Combustion, is combustion. In that sense, it is a binary state no? Off/On. 0/1.

I char loads sometimes. They taste charred...seriously. I've fully combusted loads sometimes, they taste like smoke. Both are forms of combustion. I don't worry about charring really as it is such a small amount of combustion.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Incomplete combustion is combustion, it just hasn't consumed the material yet. Any percentage is a measure of how much combustion has occurred, but combustion itself has started. Combustion is binary, vapour release is not.

Talking down to those who disagree with you does not help your point. It is, in fact, detrimental because you turn a semantic argument into something personal. If your position is sound, you don't need to resort to ad hominem innuendo.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Yeah I know that, give me some credit :lol:. There's no way in hell that the thick grey "smoke" that comes from burnt/charred food is steam. There's just no way. Charring happens after any moisture in the food/weed is gone.

Steam doesn't make a fire alarm go off....

Incomplete combustion means we are left with something like coal or ash. Perhaps less reactions but given the charing name still combustion. Honestly confusing for me since its exothermic reaction once started shouldn't stop until there is no more oxygen As OF Said.

@OF please correct me if I'm mistaken here..
The Act of combustion is an absolute state.

Just like "right" and "wrong " .. There are no varying degrees of combustion, ingnition, leads to combustion.

Hashtag46&2,
Reactions: biohacker

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It's called pyrolysis, and there's even multiple phases of that; some of which produce carbonization and some that don't. If you're not familiar, you can check out the wiki or look it up at ur university library.

Or just check out this post from back in February :tup:

I was the one who said that. He was trying to quote me but didn't succeed.

The act of combustion is more like ramp or a slope.

No, the progress of combustion is like a slope. Combustion itself is binary. Something has either reached combustion or it hasn't.

Tommy10

I was the one who said that. He was trying to quote me but didn't succeed.

No, the progress of combustion is like a slope. Combustion itself is binary. Something has either reached combustion or it hasn't.

I'd love to see a load ignite on high speed. Also given a constant draw speed do you think one could sit at -5 under combustion for an indefinite amount of time with no combustion, and then go to +1 the temp of ignition and experience a complete combustion? I always wondered if it was a straw that broke the camels back type situation with combustion.

Also could one say that vaporizing is part of the "progress" of combustion and combustion is reached at point "x" and only this point? Would fresh ground herb and abv under perfect heating conditions burn at the same temp? If they are just the same thing at different stages of it's combustion progress.

Also very interesting thread as I always wondered how my herb can be dark black unlike a lot of the abv I used to see when looking into vaping (I think it's safe to say the higher temp vaping community was not as common back then) but it's not burnt.

Another edit. If I were to say give my vapman enough heat to be well over combustion temp but not draw from it... Then let it cool down and go back to vaping, no combustion?

Last edited:
Tommy10,
Reactions: KeroZen

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Also could one say that vaporizing is part of the "progress" of combustion

not really ... two different processes - you can boil water in a paper cup, and when the cup is empty the cup will burn. ... boiling the water is like vaporizing trichomes, burning the cup is combustion.

well, you could say vaporization happens before combustion, but really, two different processes.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Also very interesting thread as I always wondered how my herb can be dark black unlike a lot of the abv I used to see when looking into vaping (I think it's safe to say the higher temp vaping community was not as common back then) but it's not burnt.

Cannabis contains a lot of sugars, especially in the buds since cannabis growers take pains to concentrate the sugars in them. When heated, the sugars caramelize and eventually turn black and bitter (the Maillard reaction) giving us the colour and taste of ABV that has been subjected to high temperatures. Apply heat for less time and you get less browning.

dorkus_molorkus

I wish to apologise to those members who may have been upset by my aggressive responses earlier in this thread.

I also wish to apologise to the mods for breaking so many rules in such a short space of time.
Even tho I found the member in question quite inflammatory, I know I certainly could have handled things a lot better. What one finds witty & edgy after a half bottle of scotch is found to be not so much in the cold light of day.

For example.....................

www.eatmydick.com is not a real website, so pls stop messaging me asking how to join.

I should have left the task of dealing with errant & rude members to the mods & defending said mods as an excuse is no excuse.

@dopeyho I am sorry I insinuated you sucked a lot of dicks at Uni.

That story was false.
I never went to uni...................

I think I may have also said your knowledge of physics got you a lot of pussy at school.
Well we both know that’s not true & I knew I was lying at the time.
So again Im sorry.

I am also sorry for baiting you the way I did, I know its wrong to play with yr food.
I am also just a bit sorry I had so much fun doing it.

Other than those things, Im pretty happy with how it all went.

Peace.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I wish to apologise to those members who may have been upset by my aggressive responses earlier in this thread.

I also wish to apologise to the mods for breaking so many rules in such a short space of time.
Even tho I found the member in question quite inflammatory, I know I certainly could have handled things a lot better. What one finds witty & edgy after a half bottle of scotch is found to be not so much in the cold light of day.

For example.....................

www.eatmydick.com is not a real website, so pls stop messaging me asking how to join.

I should have left the task of dealing with errant & rude members to the mods & defending said mods as an excuse is no excuse.

@dopeyho I am sorry I insinuated you sucked a lot of dicks at Uni.

That story was false.
I never went to uni...................

I think I may have also said your knowledge of physics got you a lot of pussy at school.
Well we both know that’s not true & I knew I was lying at the time.
So again Im sorry.

I am also sorry for baiting you the way I did, I know its wrong to play with yr food.
I am also just a bit sorry I had so much fun doing it.

Other than those things, Im pretty happy with how it all went.

Peace.

Although you've offered a nice apology you also have acknowledged that your recent posts in this thread break our Be Nice rule. Members should know that warning points often are not public, but now yours is. I've made the information public because you asked me to, although in hindsight it should have been obvious to the Staff that no public reaction to your rule-breaking did not reflect well on us, which is the concern you expressed. We handled this poorly and so I thank you for insisting that we do a better job.

Top Bottom