CFC Lite - Boundless Technology

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for the continued support of the Boundless Technology brand. This year has been moving quickly and we are currently on the last leg of our early trade show season. For those of you in Europe, Boundless will be exhibiting at the Spannabis Barcelona show from the 15th - 17th of this month. Stop by and say “Hi!”.

The future of the Boundless line-up has been met with excitement so far as we have been showcasing the CFC Lite and soon to be released Boundless Terp Pen to the community. This post is intended as a formal introduction to the CFC Lite unit.

Firstly, Boundless would like to thank all of the FC members who have shared their insights into the CFC Lite and for taking the opportunity and time to test the unit during the initial trial period. We did our best to get a unit to all of those who asked for one and our apologies if we did not get to you. If you were one of the users who did not receive a pre-production CFC Lite unit and had messaged me about it, please send me a PM on here.

The CFC Lite is a conduction based portable unit with three preset temperatures at a retail price of $64.99 USD. The temperature level is indicated by the color of the LED on the power button and will range from blue 385°F (196°C), green 403°F(206°C), and red 421°F(216°C). The CFC Lite will cycle through the temperatures from blue to red.

Our goal was to program the three temperatures to enjoyable presets that are efficient for longer sessions and warm enough for a quick extraction. We also wanted to shy away from the high temperatures found in the CFC 2.0.

Temp Levels:

The CFC Lite is powered on/off by clicking the main power button five times fast. To change to the next heating level in the cycle, hold the power button for three seconds. Haptic feedback alerts the user when the unit is turned on/off and when the unit is at temperature. To stop the heating cycle, hold the power button for three seconds. Another three-second hold of the power button will restart the heater.

To expose the ceramic heating chamber, push up with your thumb on either side of the mouthpiece. This will pop the mouthpiece off the unit and expose the ceramic chamber for loading. We recommend loading no more than 0.3 of a gram with a medium to fine grind. A bit of tamping helps but do not pack too tight as this may restrict some airflow.

Air Intake + Removable Battery

A major feature of the CFC Lite is the 18350 removable battery. The CFC Lite will come with one 10 amp 800mAh 18350 battery that can be charged via USB in the unit or on an external charger. We recommend charging the battery on an external to fully maximize the charge. This allows the unit to get between 3-5 sessions on a full charge. The battery is inserted by removing the bottom cap of the CFC Lite unit and by placing the battery in the compartment with the positive side facing up. Replace bottom cap and lock the battery into place. The unit will vibrate on once the battery is correctly inserted. Press the main power button once while the unit is turned on to check the battery level. The battery level is indicated by the four blue LED lights found on the front of the unit. Four blue LEDs would indicate a full charge and one LED light would indicate < 25% battery life. Load the ceramic chamber, set your temperature level, and enjoy the CFC Lite.

Please take a look at our CFC Lite unboxing video and feel free to leave any questions. You can also reach me at Eric@bndlstech.com or through our social media channels @bndlstech. Thank you all for the continued support!

CFC Lite Unboxing Video:

Baron23

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for the continued support of the Boundless Technology brand. This year has been moving quickly and we are currently on the last leg of our early trade show season. For those of you in Europe, Boundless will be exhibiting at the Spannabis Barcelona show from the 15th - 17th of this month. Stop by and say “Hi!”.

The future of the Boundless line-up has been met with excitement so far as we have been showcasing the CFC Lite and soon to be released Boundless Terp Pen to the community. This post is intended as a formal introduction to the CFC Lite unit.

Firstly, Boundless would like to thank all of the FC members who have shared their insights into the CFC Lite and for taking the opportunity and time to test the unit during the initial trial period. We did our best to get a unit to all of those who asked for one and our apologies if we did not get to you. If you were one of the users who did not receive a pre-production CFC Lite unit and had messaged me about it, please send me a PM on here.

The CFC Lite is a conduction based portable unit with three preset temperatures at a retail price of $64.99 USD. The temperature level is indicated by the color of the LED on the power button and will range from blue 385°F (196°C), green 403°F(206°C), and red 421°F(216°C). The CFC Lite will cycle through the temperatures from blue to red.

Our goal was to program the three temperatures to enjoyable presets that are efficient for longer sessions and warm enough for a quick extraction. We also wanted to shy away from the high temperatures found in the CFC 2.0.

Temp Levels:

The CFC Lite is powered on/off by clicking the main power button five times fast. To change to the next heating level in the cycle, hold the power button for three seconds. Haptic feedback alerts the user when the unit is turned on/off and when the unit is at temperature. To stop the heating cycle, hold the power button for three seconds. Another three-second hold of the power button will restart the heater.

To expose the ceramic heating chamber, push up with your thumb on either side of the mouthpiece. This will pop the mouthpiece off the unit and expose the ceramic chamber for loading. We recommend loading no more than 0.3 of a gram with a medium to fine grind. A bit of tamping helps but do not pack too tight as this may restrict some airflow.

Air Intake + Removable Battery

A major feature of the CFC Lite is the 18350 removable battery. The CFC Lite will come with one 10 amp 800mAh 18350 battery that can be charged via USB in the unit or on an external charger. We recommend charging the battery on an external to fully maximize the charge. This allows the unit to get between 3-5 sessions on a full charge. The battery is inserted by removing the bottom cap of the CFC Lite unit and by placing the battery in the compartment with the positive side facing up. Replace bottom cap and lock the battery into place. The unit will vibrate on once the battery is correctly inserted. Press the main power button once while the unit is turned on to check the battery level. The battery level is indicated by the four blue LED lights found on the front of the unit. Four blue LEDs would indicate a full charge and one LED light would indicate < 25% battery life. Load the ceramic chamber, set your temperature level, and enjoy the CFC Lite.

Please take a look at our CFC Lite unboxing video and feel free to leave any questions. You can also reach me at Eric@bndlstech.com or through our social media channels @bndlstech. Thank you all for the continued support!

CFC Lite Unboxing Video:
Saw your booth at CHAMPS but didn't get a chance to stop by...my loss.

Glad to see you guys are still innovating and I always think there is a market for decent budget vapes like this.

Best of luck.

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Saw your booth at CHAMPS but didn't get a chance to stop by...my loss.

Glad to see you guys are still innovating and I always think there is a market for decent budget vapes like this.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the kind message @Baron23 ! Next time be sure to stop by. I hope you enjoyed the Champs show, there was a massive amount of innovative technology on display and wish I had some more time to check it out.

Boundless Vape Technology,
Reactions: SpudBob

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I'm assuming you can draw while palming the device ... doesn't it get hot to the touch? ... thanks

NYC_Frank,
Reactions: Azn2101

Azn2101

I'm assuming you can draw while palming the device ... doesn't it get hot to the touch? ... thanks

I found myself using the CFC Lite Over my Fury2 for what I thought would jist be the Beta Testing but evem after I found myself reachimg for it. Ill have to look back through my Email to Boundless for the full review but in a quick sentence.

No it doesn't get too hot even after the recommended 2 cycles max at 206c TStepping to 216c but you do have to align the side with the air holes down for there to be no risk of partially to fully blocking the air...dimple thing. Efficiency is surprisingly good and the flavor is Maybe a little better than the last conduction vape I tried but about what you'd expect, but the best thing is the battery cause not only is it replaceable be it seems to have about equal preformance down to its last few puffs where it would normally drop.

Only thing that was annoying was the screens all had the same finish so it took me about 20 minutes to assemble and surprisingly about the same after cleaning the chamber area and mouthpiece and filter/screen insert.

Maybe a slight change in tone of the grey screens to different shades of greys to indicate where which screens go or which are which other than slight size differences.

Other than that I'm actually really satisfied with the device and am happy with what it does at it's price point which could be around $80-$100 in my opinion.

NYC_Frank

Thanks much ... I see that air intake hole now in one of the pictures in the thread

Last edited:
NYC_Frank,
Reactions: C No Ego

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I found myself using the CFC Lite Over my Fury2 for what I thought would jist be the Beta Testing but evem after I found myself reachimg for it. Ill have to look back through my Email to Boundless for the full review but in a quick sentence.

I'd be very interested in reading a comparison with the Fury 2 as the only thing I don't like about it is the non removable battery and this unit could be an excellent substitute.

What's the body made of? One of my favorite feature about the Fury is the metal body, very resistant to dings and scratches.

The Beagle,
Reactions: Azn2101

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I'd be very interested in reading a comparison with the Fury 2 as the only thing I don't like about it is the non removable battery and this unit could be an excellent substitute.

What's the body made of? One of my favorite feature about the Fury is the metal body, very resistant to dings and scratches.
I should be getting one soon and will definitely be comparing with F2.

Petunia Vanish

No it doesn't get too hot even after the recommended 2 cycles max at 206c TStepping to 216c but you do have to align the side with the air holes down for there to be no risk of partially to fully blocking the air...dimple thing. Efficiency is surprisingly good and the flavor is Maybe a little better than the last conduction vape I tried but about what you'd expect, but the best thing is the battery cause not only is it replaceable be it seems to have about equal preformance down to its last few puffs where it would normally drop.

Only thing that was annoying was the screens all had the same finish so it took me about 20 minutes to assemble and surprisingly about the same after cleaning the chamber area and mouthpiece and filter/screen insert.

Maybe a slight change in tone of the grey screens to different shades of greys to indicate where which screens go or which are which other than slight size differences.

Other than that I'm actually really satisfied with the device and am happy with what it does at it's price point which could be around $80-$100 in my opinion.
Excited to try!

Huge fan of the tera

NYC_Frank

The only negative I've read ...

"the outer shell has a stylish texture, but it dissolves when in contact with isopropyl alcohol, so be careful when you’re cleaning it"

Just have to be extra careful in cleaning it then ... :)

NYC_Frank,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Boundless sent me a unit to try out.
Here are my initial thoughts, I will follow up in a few weeks with a more thorough review:

I like the size and feel of it. It reminds me a little bit of a Weeble but it hasn’t wobbled or fallen down (old folk reference).

The air holes are hard to see, so I have managed to accidentally cover them a few times. No biggie.

I am impressed by the taste - I gave it a cleaning and burn off as recommended and there isn’t a hint of that factory plastic, etc.
While I would love to see a tear down to confirm, I feel comfortable saying it is a clear air path based on the flavor. The flavor is good on the first two levels. The third level can get a little charcoal-y, but no more than many of my other vapes.

It heats from cold to first level in about 21 seconds - a few additional seconds for the other levels. Happy with heat up time.

As someone mentioned earlier - they make it very clear that ISO is not recommended on the body. I used a bit in the oven and it handled it fine. As long as one is careful, it should be fine.

They also mention in manual that you shouldn’t do more than 2 sessions in a row. It does get VERY hot during a 2nd session on mouthpiece and top of body. I have steered clear of doing 3 in a row but may try it out for the sake of science...

I don’t love the mouthpiece. I mean, for a $65 unit, it is fine but if it was over $100, I’d expect a more comfortable fit. But again, not a biggie.

Vapor is decent but not huge clouds.

It medicates nicely, but so far I haven’t gotten a knock out high.

I am out of town for the week and without herb, so I will take up the efficiency, battery life, and best way to use it (herb size, tamped, etc), along with pictures in a couple of weeks.

To summarize: For $65, it seems like a great value. Bummed it gets too hot to do more than 2 back-to-back sessions especially b/c oven is substantially sized. Good flavor and a decent battery life thus far.

Last edited:

Azn2101

What is the draw resistance like

Um, tamped loose it still had a mild resistance but the real issue is the tiny screens. Especially the one right below the mouthpiece inhalation slits.

Is it vein popping even when tamped mildly, no, but if you aren't the type for any resistance this may not be the conduction device for you as for my tolerance I need a good (what most may call too tamped) well packed chamber.

Petunia Vanish

Um, tamped loose it still had a mild resistance but the real issue is the tiny screens. Especially the one right below the mouthpiece inhalation slits.

Is it vein popping even when tamped mildly, no, but if you aren't the type for any resistance this may not be the conduction device for you as for my tolerance I need a good (what most may call too tamped) well packed chamber.
The solo I thought my lungs were either going to collapse or my brain was going to be sucked out of my head that was way to much!!

Petunia Vanish,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Azn2101

The solo I thought my lungs were either going to collapse or my brain was going to be sucked out of my head that was way to much!!

The Solo2 is actually one of the few vapes I regret getting rid of cause it checks all the boxes of a great portable except...portability lol. While it doesn't have a free or even open air flow it shouldn't feel anything like your lungs are being sucked into the stem like a Dynavap fully capped and inhaling like you NEED air you know?

Maybe it might help if you condition your lungs for more easy, long breathes. I had to do this to start learning how to use my first real Electronic Artisan Vaporizer (TUBO eVic) to it's full potential by buying a domed end downstem (RooR had them branded for their pieces in like '09 when I bought one but now anyone and everyone seems to make them) and try your hardest to create a draw without making to much of a slash from the bubbles.

My entire life of "Blazing" was about how hard and fast you could clear that tube of the bong. Vaping is almost the complete opposite with pure convection devices where you need that 10-15 second, even, slow draw.

This definitely has a tighter draw when packed than a Solo2 stock stem tamped just from the distance the air has to travel thru the material to the stem/mouthpiece.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Weird, I haven’t really noticed much air resistance at all. As long as the bottom screen is in (which lays tilted), even with a tight pack I haven’t had a problem. It wasn’t completely free flowing, but definitely not bad at all.
With the Solo, I definitely had times where I thought i’d Pop a vein in my temple from the resistance.

I will test resistance more thoroughly this weekend.

Azn2101

Weird, I haven’t really noticed much air resistance at all. As long as the bottom screen is in (which lays tilted), even with a tight pack I haven’t had a problem. It wasn’t completely free flowing, but definitely not bad at all.
With the Solo, I definitely had times where I thought i’d Pop a vein in my temple from the resistance.

I will test resistance more thoroughly this weekend.

@Jill NYC that bottom screen has 2 wings like you said but it's meant for one side to bend up to secure it's place down there

Azn2101

Damn, mine got stolen! I actually miss the thing now that I don't have it. Was a really nice reading device cause it required no real effort to roll it across my large SCS and get enough material so that when capped it is tamped just enough to push it against the rubber center piece. And after a few inhales on the green cycle you can just tamp it down with any tool or chopstick in my case and finish it off on red. Or save it for edibles, just not that type of guy though mainly.

Will really miss that thing.

Azn2101,
Top Bottom