Ceramic vs Titanium coils health concerns

TheGoat

So I'll start this post off saying I'm not sure if this is the correct spot for this topic.

About a month ago I decided to get into vaping waxes. After some research I decided to go with the Source Orb Slim as I thought it would be a good pen for a starter. So it came time for me to clean the atomizers I was using (Dual Quartz Coil and the Quartz Source Terra). While doing some research I stumbled across a thread discussing the possible health hazards of vaping using quartz rods wrapped in titanium. The issue being that titanium oxidizes at room temperature and while is deemed safe for human use (medical equipment and implant devices), TiO2 (the titanium oxidation) may be carcinogenic. It's true that TiO2 is used in a plethora of applications such as a food additive to add color to even sunscreen, the application in these uses aren't being inhaled. Which raises the question of is this stuff toxic? the source kit I purchased also comes with a Quartz Source Terra atomizer which contains a quartz bowl heated by a ceramic donut (please correct me if I'm wrong). Now the issue here is some ceramic has been known to contain lead and there isn't any information on SourceVapes website on the quality or the any background information on the ceramics being used. I know this might seem like a silly thread but this is something very alarming seeing as most of use are using these very frequently and we don't need any extra unnecessary risks. I'm no scientist, this was all deducted from research so feel free to correct me on any incorrect information. So let me know what you guys think!

P.S: All of this raises the awareness of the real problem, the lack of transparency of where these products are being manufactured and the quality of the materials used.

Last edited:

cptn

tbh, I don't trust anything but pure glass.. if anything I'm inhaling passes over something other than glass I don't use it.. I'm placing an order for the VAP3 tonight. Was going to go with vapexhale but because they use the stainless steel containers I'm not..

I'm hesitant about EVERYTHING for many different reasons. Most people just brush things like this off but if you can limit your exposure to ANYTHING hazardous or potentially hazardous for ANY amount of time, your quality of life will improve.. I'm glad others are as concerned about their health as much as you are. As for Titanium, I don't know anything about it but I always lean towards the precautionary principle.. Don't mess with it until it's PROVEN 100% safe.. as of right now Glass and ceramic are the safest options.. ceramic can sometimes be iffy though..

TheGoat

tbh, I don't trust anything but pure glass.. if anything I'm inhaling passes over something other than glass I don't use it.. I'm placing an order for the VAP3 tonight. Was going to go with vapexhale but because they use the stainless steel containers I'm not..

I'm hesitant about EVERYTHING for many different reasons. Most people just brush things like this off but if you can limit your exposure to ANYTHING hazardous or potentially hazardous for ANY amount of time, your quality of life will improve.. I'm glad others are as concerned about their health as much as you are. As for Titanium, I don't know anything about it but I always lean towards the precautionary principle.. Don't mess with it until it's PROVEN 100% safe.. as of right now Glass and ceramic are the safest options.. ceramic can sometimes be iffy though..

Exactly, there just isn't enough data out there as far as I can find that can prove titanium to be one way or the other. It would be really nice if some of these companies would provide scientific lab results on the atomizers they use but maybe that's too much to be asking for. I'm sure it can't be that expensive to hire an independent lab to run tests. How do you feel about quartz? I haven't done any research but I was under the impression that quartz was pretty safe to use also since its just crystal.

TheGoat,

waxdab23

Exactly, there just isn't enough data out there as far as I can find that can prove titanium to be one way or the other. It would be really nice if some of these companies would provide scientific lab results on the atomizers they use but maybe that's too much to be asking for. I'm sure it can't be that expensive to hire an independent lab to run tests. How do you feel about quartz? I haven't done any research but I was under the impression that quartz was pretty safe to use also since its just crystal.

W9 posted this a while back - I thought it was pretty reassuring with regards to their titanium coils: https://www.w9tech.com/oil-vaporize...ts-putting-vaporists-health-first-since-2008/

Wizsteve

I kinda like like the ideal of using quartz as in dab nails just for taste alone yum .

But for rebuilds ceramic rods work best since they wick ,However using glass is pretty easy also just buy those short glass oil vials wrapped the coil around it remove drip tip to load with long tool .

Wizsteve,
Top Bottom