CERA, the wait & gibberish thread

When will I get my CERA ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tweek

Judging by the time its taking to get these ceras assembled and out the door I wouldn't be surprised if some enterprising early adopters start listing them on ebay at a ridiculous markup. Same thing happened with the pax when it first came out.

I would never stoop so low. But if anyone were interested in taking mine off my hands, I would offer a fair price...

AdTmkQh.png

GR

Lets be honest they have to have quality checking happening while assembly right? Put screw here, puff puff puff, put screw there, puff puff puff, where the fuck was I? In another week assembly will be from muscle memory and no thought needed.

I would never stoop so low. But if anyone were interested in taking mine off my hands, I would offer a fair price...

AdTmkQh.png

LMFAO,

GR,
Reactions: Tweek

AirDru

Original email from last Tuesday: Hi __________,
Your order was placed in mid-November, so I would expect you to be receiving at least tracking information soon. Our current shipping estimation is as follows:
  • Orders placed in the month of November will be packaged and shipped by January 28.
  • Orders placed in the month of December will be packaged and shipped by February 4.
  • Any outstanding orders placed before February 7 will be packaged and shipped out by February 10.
  • All orders placed after February 10 will ship as normal production cycle continues usually within 24 hours of order.
Thank you,

Jennifer

Jennifer-
I received this info last week, but I still have not received any tracking info or the Cera yet. It is the 28th as of today...Others on the FC forum who ordered around the same time either have received tracking info or their unit(s) by now. I emailed yesterday for follow up (with no response as of yet) Can you please, (please) give me something definitive?... It might be nice also for those who have tirelessly inquired, waited patiently; and have not yelled, or cancelled yet to be upgraded to NEXT DAY shipping. I am beyond disappointed as to how this has been handled up to now and it is my belief that your company will seriously suffer for it's lack of responsiveness in it's efforts during this pre-order debacle. I also think that a discount towards a future purchase would not be unappreciated as a consolation benefit for the lack of communication.

Thanks for allowing me to state my views.

Their response from minutes ago-
Hi _________
I was just about to respond to your inquiry send via our website, but hopefully I can cover all points in this email.
First, thank you for checking in. We were able to ship a number of Cera's last week, as well as several units this afternoon. Unfortunately, this is not as many as we had initially hoped would have shipped by now. Based on what has shipped to date, there are still four orders ahead of yours that need to ship before yours does. Your order already includes an upgrade to express shipping, so once the next batch of Cera's ships, your order will definitely be a part of this batch. I can guarantee your order will be shipping within the week.

I apologize for the lack of communication, but Zeki and I are the only ones who handle all customer inquiries - both by email and phone. The two of us are doing everything we can to respond to the inquiries as quickly as we can as well communicate with production regarding when the Cera's will actually be able to ship. Unfortunately, it's a complicated process, but we are doing everything we can to prepare these units as quickly and efficiently as possible. I hope you can understand.

t,

My reply to this last:
So I thought I'd point out that you did not cover all of my issues in the email. Do I get NEXT DAY shipping and do I get a retroactive discount on my next order? Those are simple things for you to accomplish and any vendor should be MORE THAN WILLING to do so under the circumstances. Serial apologies and inaccurate info sent time and time again is unsatisfactory.

Please outline PRECISELY for me what is causing the hold ups? Did the four people ahead of me yell more, order more, or call their cc in order to get their units shipped ahead of mine? Are there little screws falling out (as reported on the forum) of the carts or are you finding new and creative ways to put them into their boxes? Will my Cera arrived dressed for dinner and smelling of cheap perfume?? Is it that your product needs such precise machining? (lest it fall apart on it's first use)

My next course of action is heavily dependent on your response to this email.

Cheers.

I wanna have a job where you can start at 3pm and get all medicated while trying to deal with irate customers. It is no wonder Noah had issues with this group of rag tag layabouts. I am disappointed beyond belief. Mine will likely be going back for a refund (unused) after this experience.

I believe that USPS Express (TET has said they will ship using usps express) is the postal service's fastest shipping method. A package will arrive next day for most locations when using usps express.

https://www.usps.com/ship/express-mail.htm

hope this helps amigo.

ps. if it makes you feel better I ordered on Dec. 1 which has an estimated ship date of Feb 4. Feb 4th happens to be my birthday. it will be a disappointing birthday to say the least.

Tweek

I can attest to the speed of Express. I live in Canada and it looks pretty good that I will get my order tomorrow. It was sent last Thursday.

Tweek,
Reactions: NoName

2ndSight

From earlier in this thread (bluntcrush ordered Nov. 14th):

Original email from last Tuesday: Hi __________,
Your order was placed in mid-November, so I would expect you to be receiving at least tracking information soon. Our current shipping estimation is as follows:
  • Orders placed in the month of November will be packaged and shipped by January 28.
  • Orders placed in the month of December will be packaged and shipped by February 4.
  • Based on what has shipped to date, there are still four orders ahead of yours that need to ship before yours does. Your order already includes an upgrade to express shipping, so once the next batch of Cera's ships, your order will definitely be a part of this batch. I can guarantee your order will be shipping within the week.
From the main thread (medicalmark ordered Nov. 19th)

Zeke said there was 12 orders ahead of me so mine will go out on the next order, he said they send out 15 a day and 12 ahead of me.
I'm attempting to compile any pertinent information regarding the pre-order shipments, please feel free to add to this if you have any additional details! Thanks.
What we know:
  • -For pre-orders, i'm estimating somewhere around 200 total SS orders (certainly not accurate, but a starting point). [plus around 100 titanium but not enough parts to ship those yet]
  • -The first 5 production units were completed and shipped on the 19th.
  • -A handful (5-8 maybe? too lazy to check) have posted that they've received tracking and/or Ceras, and probably plenty more folks who aren't on here.
  • -Bluntcrush ordered Nov. 14th, 4 orders in front of him.
  • -MedicalMark ordered Nov. 19th, 12 orders in front of him.
  • -This is the 5th business day since the saturday the production units went out, so if they managed to ship out 15 per day (may have been less in the first few days as would be expected, but not sure either way)--then they've possibly shipped a maximum of 75 orders (+5 production units) thus far...by my wonky blazed pseudo-math :freak:
  • -At a pace of 15 units shipped per day, with an estimated ~120 orders not yet shipped, this would be another 8 business days to complete the SS Cera shipments (not including Saturday). This puts them at completing the pre-order shipments by the end of day Feb 7th. This appears to be about 3 days behind the current estimate, but of course, this is all just my nonsense so please don't take this as anything official folks. Simply attempting to put together the most educated guess i can, while taking fat vapors of course. Maybe we'll hear an official update soon that'll make me look silly for guessing so incorrectly (let us hope!) :tup:

Rocco

Hello to all, I am Rocco, Placed my order for the SS Loose leaf on January 14th I believe, Zeki said to expect it to be shipped by Febuary :nod:

Rocco,
Reactions: Tweek

amilehigh

Do people use this "non-stick vapor tool"? Says its for the T1 and seems like a waste of $15. I have no experience with oils... what do people use?

amilehigh,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Do people use this "non-stick vapor tool"? Says its for the T1 and seems like a waste of $15. I have no experience with oils... what do people use?
It is for oil/concentrates. I loved mine so much, then I cut off the teflon to use it as a dabber.. such a shame. It's nice for moving concentrate around without sticking to so much stuff, and if you have a oil slick pad it's amazing. I feel like it could be worth 15, but I don't know.. as I haven't bought another yet.

Stoke

I am borderline obsessed with the cera and stalk these forums daily. I also check YouTube daily for third party hands on reviews and I gotta say, I am really surprised there aren't any yet. I just want confirmation that it is everything I think it is. Durability is key and I don't care if it doesn't produce huge clouds of vapor. The clouds I've seen so far seem more than sufficient, I mean, it's vaporizing right? I just want to know it performs as well as the beta seen being used on YouTube by Noah. I'm concerned about the 16 watt cart, and wish the option were available at no extra cost to get a lower wattage cart. That concern also raises my initial concern with this type of vape, and that's that once you turn it on, you get optimal efficiency if you clear the chamber. Once you turn the heat off, the ceramic and stainless steel bowls are going to hold heat for a while and continue to vaporize whatever's left. I like to not have to load/preload constantly between use. I've bought in to too many gimmicky products and felt like a sucker enough times to buy without confidence so I'm still holding off for now. Who wants to be the first video reviewer on YouTube?! You can bring happiness to the hearts of many, while bringing happiness to yourself simultaneously. It's a win win.

Stoke,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
You know, I bet if you asked them really really nicely... they might be able to rewire a core for you to run at a lower voltage if you really want it... dunno if that's standard ops for the Cera at this point, or if they'll even let you do that, but at least for the Revolution/Evolution/old line cores they're able to rewire from 6v to 3.7. Also I don't think heat will be an issue since the heating element is below the material, and the heat rises when you inhale. And for what it's worth, I've spent close to $200 on their Ultra, LV AVA (for e-juice), and LV DART (for oil.) Best $200 I've spent on a vaporizer, closely followed by my Launch Box. I'd sooner lose the box than my Ultra (please don't crucify me for that, I don't want to lose either :wave:)

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: NoName

Stoke

Good advice, I'll ask them if I end up ordering. I'd go with OFs advice of a 10 or 12 watt for power efficiency and less heat and there would be no drawbacks(except a longer warm up), because I like cool vapor. I'm excited because if the cera is what it appears to be, it's going to greatly improve many aspects of my life. As soon as the videos go up, I'm buying it.

amilehigh

It is for oil/concentrates. I loved mine so much, then I cut off the teflon to use it as a dabber.. such a shame. It's nice for moving concentrate around without sticking to so much stuff, and if you have a oil slick pad it's amazing. I feel like it could be worth 15, but I don't know.. as I haven't bought another yet.

What do you use as an alternative? A paper clip? Do you carry it around with your bottle of oil in a plastic baggy or something? Seems messy, just wondering what people do..

amilehigh,

ogcook

What do you use as an alternative? A paper clip? Do you carry it around with your bottle of oil in a plastic baggy or something? Seems messy, just wondering what people do..
The 'oil' he's talking about it more of a wax like consistency. If you look into some of the EO Cart videos of the Cera on youtube, you can see him using the non-stick tool to load some softer 'oil' into it. I use wax carvers, similar to dental tools, for my at home oil movement. A paperclip or something similar would work. You can also find keychain dabbers.

ogcook,

prk

Somebody knows if batteries 18650 without nipple can runs in Cera ?

My understanding was this was part of the thinking behind the safety switch design, to allow button-top and non-button-top batteries to be used. So a tenative/speculative yes? I'd email TV if you want hard confirmation, they don't seem to be as active on the board of late (hopefully building all our Ceras!)

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I would just like to know out of curiosity who will pre-order a vape again considering this vape issue, mivape, vivape and many others that have had huge issues getting them out or not at all in the mivape case. I have learned never to pre-order even though it is not my thing now I know I won't.

I still hope the loose leave holds up but it seems like it is no better then my current line up so not worth it. I still will wait and see. If it is any good at all but not great I will wait for the mini since that will fill the hole of something smaller and easy to clean. It seems like the ascent may fill the void and is coming out first.

Dreamerr,

ogcook

I would just like to know out of curiosity who will pre-order a vape again considering this vape issue. I have learned never to pre-order even though it is not my thing now I know I won't.
I would depending on the company. I put in my preorder when I could have easily waited because of my faith in TET. I have nearly all their old lineup of items and have been regularly using my T1 with herb and sometimes going Revolution with it. :brow: Something like the Da Vinci Ascent, though it looks awesome, should be a great vape. I'm not familiar with the company or the standards they hold themselves to, so I would be much more cautious. Where as I know where the integrity stands with TET from numerous dealings with them

ogcook,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Dreamerr

Even good companies run into issues and go under. I guess I just don't understand having my money out there in "wait mode". I can always order a product when it comes out, gets tweaked and makes all its final revisions. I do know sometimes the revisions are never ending but usually better then the pre-ordered item. I just love to try and understand peoples minds and thoughts. Thanks ogcook for explaining yours.

Dreamerr,

VapeStL

I've only been lurking this forum for a month or so, but can say without hesitation that pre-orders & the ensuing chaos is normal for this hobby. the Cera seems quite benign to many others. At least they are on the way!!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
well I have only attempted pre-order once before and backed down out of that one too, but for different reasons (complaints from the new product not working right) as orders were being released, so I dodged a bullet there, but it was a very low price, $60 investment so it was much lower risk IMO over all. I will likely NOT be so rash to jump in on future pre-orders though. I honestly felt the Cera was being presented as if it were much further along and ready than it actually was in the beginning (sorry guys, I'm being honest from my point of view here) and as time passed and more issues kept coming up, I got unsettled, as well as having to deal with other outside factors working against me. This experience, did however, help me realize what it is like to go through the process, and where my limitations are with it. I am still working on getting the rest of my refund to show up, so hopefully all will be smoothed out soon. I will chock it up to a learning experience, and move on. NO BAD FEELINGS towards TET over any of this on my end. I still have interest in the Cera for sure, and just decided that since I have already backed out, I might as well sit tight and wait to see how things unfold before jumping back in. Hopefully my funds still helped out somewhere in the moment, even if they had to be reclaimed.

jambandphan03,

Dreamerr

Oh yes it is normal for this hobby but I just don't get it. Why not wait till a unit not this one in particular is ready and being produced?

Jam to me it isn't about the money it is about the stress that comes with it and understanding. I don't care if it was ten bucks. Again not talking about TET just this stuff in general.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom