1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

CERA, the wait & gibberish thread

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by smokum, Dec 12, 2012.

?

When will I get my CERA ?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2013.
  1. Next Week (Dec 17-22)

21.7%
  2. Just Before Christmas

1.4%
  3. Hopefull By NewYears

13.0%
  4. Not Until AFTER NewYears

34.8%
  5. Who Cares.... It'll Get Here When It Gets Here

29.0%
  1. Darb

Darb Well-Known Member

When did you order?

2. TheRobbo

TheRobbo Well-Known Member

9th nov

Darb likes this.
  3. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Maybe your emails are somehow being accidentally spam filtered out? They've responded very quickly each time I've emailed them (twice ... Once last week)

TheRobbo and fake name like this.
  4. iamn3ko

iamn3ko Well-Known Member

Yeah man, half the time they go to spam half the time they don't. Don't know why.

But it really doesn't seem like anyone is happy with the pin... It makes sense but seems far too complicated. I feel like people are going to start losing those little pins all over the place...

Maybe I'm just confused on the whole thing and it makes a lot of sense. But I have a feeling I'm going to lose it, and it's all going to be a waste of money, until I buy a new one, and have to wait for shipping. Although I was told we can use a matchstick... I'm sure it would work but would also be just plain stupid on a $3-500 vaporizer (No offense).

Some one care enough to maybe explain it for me?

harmudge likes this.
  5. PB88123

PB88123 Vaporist

The only reason you would need a pin is to prevent the bottom switch from turning on the device. When the pin is in the device will NOT turn on. If you never put the pin in then the device will still work. If you want to prevent it coming on during travel just take out the battery or reinsert the pin or something else that fits in there.

harmudge and ogcook like this.
  6. PB88123

PB88123 Vaporist

I rewatched the video when Noah used 0.1g.

Here is him loading it.

[​IMG]

Here is what happened.

It took 20 seconds before vapor started coming out

He then took a long 30 second hit

Then he took aggressive short inhales that produce a lot of vapor

Length of inhales
    7 seconds

5 second

5 second

2 second hit

Then he took a bunch of short hits in a row (4)

Then he took out the glass for the last 4 hits.

Not once did he cough (I don't think he coughed in any oil videos) so one shouldn't have to worry about the oil vapor giving you a coughing fit.

Averages out for him around 130 hits to the gram. One may possibly end up with more if you don't take such big inhales and turn it off inbetween hits.

numero and NoName like this.
  7. iamn3ko

Ah, okay. I get it. OFs comment about the detachable keychain makes a lot of sense now and sounds like a good idea.

Thanks, between the 2 switches and different possibilities I get SO mixed up. That cleared things up.

PB88123 likes this.
  8. AirDru

AirDru Well-Known Member

i dont foresee my safety pin getting much use except for when the cera is stuffed in with luggage for a planeride. if im going on a roadtrip then the cera will be pinless somewhere in the center console/ cupholders.

"I roll with my shit off safety.."
    -Dr. Dre

xclarryx, iamn3ko, PB88123 and 4 others like this.
  9. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

If the first person to report receiving the Cera is from Oz then there will be riots, pretty sure about that.

ShipDit, GR, iamn3ko and 5 others like this.
  10. TheRobbo

TheRobbo Well-Known Member

Hahaha love it... could u imagine the string of people whinging about it :-P

11. Snart420

Snart420 7:10 Again

Nov 8th over here and I'm in the USA so not so fast.

iamn3ko likes this.
  12. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Vapor Goddess

ok, as much as I love TET and their products, I decided to back down off this pre-order. Call me what ever you want, but it was getting to me too. I know that if the Cera is a true winner, it will be around past this pre-order stage and really at this point, I might as well wait until they have the configuration I was hoping to get with the latching switch etc... It is still a lot of $ to wave at something I am not sure about, so I decided to back out until things settle in a bit more. sorry to all those waiting on me to get mine, you'll have to give me more time, or wait on some one else to get it.

13. AirDru

AirDru Well-Known Member

wow! i didnt see that one coming jam!

i understand where you are coming from. as it stands now, i dont feel very good about the safety switch being a pin now. i feel like TET is possibly inflating their margins by simplifying the switch to a pin. a cheap delrin plastic pin at that.

have a problem with what im saying? TET is free to rebut....

harmudge, smokum and ogcook like this.
  14. green2brown

green2brown Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but reading this made me second guess my order for the first time. Maybe it's because you just said exactly what I've been suppressing in the back of my mind? It's all been said before, but for some reason this got to me :uhoh:

harmudge, Dreamerr and ogcook like this.
  15. jambandphan03

I also didn't want to cause others to cancel, just because I decided to. I have not lost faith in this product, just decided to get out of the pre-order until I know more about what we will be getting. Chances are pretty good that I will still end up buying a Cera.

smokum and ogcook like this.
  16. AirDru

AirDru Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, I noticed that you removed the cera from your sig last night.

What was the date you ordered?

17. rking

rking Member

hmm i think it was earlier in this thread when someone stated 'its not time to panic till Jam panics'! im scared...jk

ShipDit, smokum, Dreamerr and 2 others like this.
  18. jambandphan03

Well, don't panic y'all :D It was a decision I had to make based on my limited finances right now more than anything. Like I said before, I am still very interested in Cera. I found a sweet deal in the classified for a hand built very hard to get log vape that I felt was more to my interest in getting at the moment, being such a rare and special find, I had to sacrifice one for the other. But I do want to see how this unfolds because the Cera looks like it will be a fantastic portable vape once it's all together.

t-dub, smokum and ogcook like this.
  19. Darb

Darb Well-Known Member

Hoping for a shipping notification today......can't wait to see this baby billow clouds of sweet sweet oily vapor!!

20. ogcook

ogcook Well-Known Member

Why panic?
    This just means my Cera is one order closer to me! :brow:

jambandphan03 likes this.
  21. jambandphan03

exactly ;)

ogcook likes this.
  22. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

I feel the same way jam does. I want to know exactly what I am buying, what it does and doesn't do ect. I suppose that is why I don't pre-order, but even if I did this was a lot of changes or at least it appeared to be. The on off toggle was a really nice feature. I still want to know if OF forgot to turn off the bottom switch, he was never clear, when it turned on in his pocket.

ShipDit, smokum and ogcook like this.
  23. Medical Mark

Medical Mark Well-Known Member

Man everyone is tripping over a plastic pin just insert a pin with metal In the middle and a notch to beside it to keep it from coming out itself. Plastic then metal then plastic wham pin works in the cera without removing it simple fix.
    When I hear stuff like if I loose it what do I do response was stick a tooth pick or something in it so reverse that thought.
    I'm so done with all their shit over the little pin just make your own

JCat likes this.
  24. iamn3ko

Where or how do you suppose we make our own?

Wrap foil around a straw? Yeah no.

What are your ideas of how to make it? It seems to make perfect sense to you...

ogcook likes this.
  25. VapeStL

VapeStL Active Member

Sounds like it won't be difficult to make a replacement pin. OF stated that a toothpick or a bamboo skewer would be suitable replacements.

Not sure why you would want to insert metal in the hole, the pin needs to be non conductive.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors