• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CCA710 LIGER - AIR

Ferrusbuelker

@Cannabis Connoisseur Yeah so did mine the first day I got it. I kept looking through this thread for ways to reattach it but finally realized it wasn’t suppose to do that sent it back to CCA. Where I have not heard a word from since. Really was disappointed especially since they won’t confirm whether they received it or not. I liked the deattachabe bucket on my liger 3.0 because I could drill the hole a bit to make a glass airpath by using a joint from a whip. But not so much when it’s not suppose to detach. I asked Josh about two years ago why there wasn’t an all quartz/glass liger and he said at the time wasn’t feasible manufacturing/cost.

Ferrusbuelker,
Reactions: Shooby

Anon3200

I came up with a good technique for taking larger rips with some shatter that came my way.

What I do is take a nice half tic tac or so ball and slid it down the top hole of my 50mm DHgate bubble cap. I try to get the ball on the bottom of the spherical section, a little of the side from the bottom cylinder. Then I put that on the liger and wait 30 seconds or so until the ball is bubbling like crazy and beginning to vaporize inside the carb cab. That's when you inhale and suck the whole mess through the hot nozzle on the bottom; vaporizing some of the material and splattering the rest all over the full temperature sapphire. You end up getting almost all of the hit in one big first wave. So you inhale it deeper and get super ripped off one hit.

Anon3200

Ideally, we want to keep the amount of material limited to the short-term vaporization potential of the heat source. This value would essentially be the number of BTU's available above the vaporization point. The amount of heat required to vaporize a specific mass of material would depend on:

1 How much heat it takes to bring the material up to the melting point aka the specific heat
2 How much heat is required to melt the material aka, phase change, the entropy of fusion
3 How much heat it takes to bring the material up to the boiling point aka the specific heat
4 How much heat is required to vaporize the material aka, phase change, the entropy of vaporization

The thermodynamics of the material can vary just as inserts and housings can.

By preheating your material in the method described or by holding your dab over the insert until it melts off you element insert Thermal loses in 1, 2, and reduce 3 so you will be able to take larger dabs with a specific thermal mass.

The other thing you can do is increase your temperature to match the energy required to vaporize.

I'm pretty sure I'm running my Kube one at 540 or 550. It has been a while since I had a phone that would connect to that thing.

Last edited:

Anon3200

To me, it seems like more terpy materials melt a whole lot easier but take more energy to vaporize (entropy of vaporization), while lower terp "shatter" takes more energy to melt but less energy to heat up and vaporize so the total energy required to vaporize is less than T-juice.

Anon3200,

416rosin

To me, it seems like more terpy materials melt a whole lot easier but take more energy to vaporize (entropy of vaporization), while lower terp "shatter" takes more energy to melt but less energy to heat up and vaporize so the total energy required to vaporize is less than T-juice.

I find with flower rosin I can hit at 370-390 with obsidian (with ah custom cool). Get great clouds and a nice couch lock after one hit. If I use Quartz, gotta bump it up to 420-430.
Bho, diamonds and sauce all take higher temps to get satisfying clouds and effect. Have to get my obsidian up to 420/430 and at least 460 with Quartz.
Anyone else finding similar results with the liger air ?

416rosin,

Mr. Whitewall

The Liger is of course STILL missing almost ONE FUCKING YEAR later, all I get is BS and delays from CCA.

After explaining this for the 3rd time, I was finally told I had shipment on the way which NEVER CAME and then Josh had the NERVE to email asking how the Liger was going!!!
Of course when I ask where the fuck is my shipment a month later, THEY DO NOT REMEMBER A THING. :rockon::bowdown:

USPS even managed to lose another shipment last Spring and CCA still haven't claimed it after over FOUR MONTHS!!! :clap:

The aura of surrealism surrounding CCA operations is simply astonishing. They are having one VERY last chance and then I'll be pulling the plug.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
You seem not to be the only one. There are more and more who are pulling this plug and even selling all their CCA stuff. It's really astonishing - and really sad to see - how Josh is able to destroy the rest of his already damaged reputation.
But at least he's the king of worst CS in canna business - beside Grasshopper Labs.

Baron23

You seem not to be the only one. There are more and more who are pulling this plug and even selling all their CCA stuff. It's really astonishing - and really sad to see - how Josh is able to destroy the rest of his already damaged reputation.
But at least he's the king of worst CS in canna business - beside Grasshopper Labs.
It is a shame...he has success in his hands and quite frankly has completely fucked it up, IMO. I mean he had an opportunity to own the high end banger business and just blew his reputation to bits instead.

I still have my Liger 20mm, V2.0 and still like it. I never went for a 3.0 or the Air cause quite frankly I just don't want to go through the hassle of doing business with CCA710.

I did buy a VERY nice quartz banger and coil from @710Coils and I'm enjoying it a great deal.

Still use my Liger for my pressed rosin as its a good bit dirtier than the commercial live resin I buy and the Obsidian insert cleans up beautifully.

But, I'm banging the live resin in my 710coils banger and loving it. Eventually, I'll drop rosin into it...when I'm done worrying about keeping it pristine.

Anon3200

Lately, I have been sticking my dabs to the inner hole in my bubble cap and then I let it sit for about ten with my finger over the hole. I build a vacuum and suddenly release my finger... This splatters the hot dab all over the inside of the liger and then almost all of the dab is instantly vaporized.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Since spending some more time with my Liger-Air it is now, combined with
the sapphire insert and Coojo Cap, my favorite Setup...even beats out the 20mm bc of the
shorter and bigger ID tubing from bucket to joint...20mm Air would be King IMO but i dont see that happening.

But still, the price and business practics keeps me from recommending it (hey u get a 10-14mm boro spacer now FREE with every order) ..but therefore the optional joint adabters are min. 81,25$...LOL

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Gold and rainbow only? Just the Storm Cell cc no Tsunami anymore and the flat dabber is the only option? And did prices even increase more?
Does anyone know more about this development?

sizzlingelf

I Wish I had read this forum before now! My liger broke apart as well, I thought I just applied to much pressure when trying to clean it. Now I realize they fucked up the design and made it poorly. Unfortunately I already ordered a new gold one. I talked to josh about how mine broke but he failed to mention that other people were having similar issues. He gave me a discount on my new one but it still cost me $120. (The preorder price was like $75-80 )

Monsoon

I Wish I had read this forum before now! My liger broke apart as well, I thought I just applied to much pressure when trying to clean it. Now I realize they fucked up the design and made it poorly. Unfortunately I already ordered a new gold one. I talked to josh about how mine broke but he failed to mention that other people were having similar issues. He gave me a discount on my new one but it still cost me $120. (The preorder price was like $75-80 )
Was that the only offer he made to make it right? It should be the kind of issue you can fix by sending it back for repair or replacement especially since it points to a possible manufacturing defect. I can understand them not replacing an insert as those are more fragile but metal pieces shouldn't just snap off. I'm careful with mine but I'm always worried it might snap off mid-dab.

sizzlingelf

Was that the only offer he made to make it right? It should be the kind of issue you can fix by sending it back for repair or replacement especially since it points to a possible manufacturing defect. I can understand them not replacing an insert as those are more fragile but metal pieces shouldn't just snap off. I'm careful with mine but I'm always worried it might snap off mid-dab.
He asked me to send a picture of the broken piece and said that he would definitely fix it or discount a new one. Has anybody else sent it back to have it fixed? Doubt they can even fix it if it’s just a shitty design.

HausaHouse

Mine came apart as well, but towards the stem not the bucket, and pressed back in it seems to still work. I opened another thread on my past ticket with them and messaged the IG account, after about a week he finally got back to me on the ticket and sent me another one out. Over IG they kept asking me to send it back for repair, but i was pretty stern that i wanted a replacement before i sent it back in for repair. I was told they haven't seen any of them break and were at a 1% failure rate.
The new one came monday and i changed it out for about a day. This one doesn't seem to seal with their caps,i guess this gives me motivation to get a coojo cap. I don't think the screw on the underside to tighten the heating element to is removable on the newer one but the heating element seems to clamp down much more secure than on the older one. The laser engraving on the new one is also kinda crooked where my other one is pretty straight.

Baron23

All of this is such a same. A couple of years ago, Josh had the potential of really owning a good part of the enail market but product design/production and CS is even worse now than before.

I hate to say it, as I LOVE my Liger 2.0 20 mm, but its hard for me to recommend CCA710 these days...very hard.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Does anyone know what the I.D. of the Air is?

I need an exact measurement, and I don't have the right tool needed for the job...thanks!

Shrike,
Top Bottom