• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CCA Liger banger V3.0

Danksta

I might have found the perfect bubble cap for the 20mm. The bubble cap for the Eternal V2 30mm works amazing. It's very very light boro and fits the top of the 20mm perfect. When you inhale you create the seal. Other caps I've used rely on actual weight to fit. My rig milks up way more now using this cap. It's really great. There is probably something similar from dhgate that would achieve the same results. I think the lightness of the cap is why it works so well.

Last edited:

Baron23

Just dropping in to say that I still am extraordinarily happy with my V2, 20 mm with SiC.

Like many others, I don't use the very expensive carb cap I bought with it and use boro caps, but I do absolutely LOVE this Liger and the way it vapes a dab completely.

I took TC measurements and while running with a 590 set point, I have about a 545 F dab surface temp.

I'm sure I could lower it a bit for better flavor, but this temp really cleans up a dab with one draw.

Cheers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Been noticing a lot of ligers in the classifieds lately. Is everybody going back to D-Nail? Quitting concentrates and going back to flower? Just wondering what's up.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Hogni

Danksta

Been noticing a lot of ligers in the classifieds lately. Is everybody going back to D-Nail? Quitting concentrates and going back to flower? Just wondering what's up.

I personally have moved on to the Eternal quartz banger w/ insert. I only use my Ligers when I'm out of butane. I've considered selling mine but I like having the Ligers on hand. Variety is nice.

Still an amazing tool in my arsenal. Just not as fun as a real banger.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum

Well for me, I am going to be getting rid of 2 only because i have 5 and didn't end up utilizing them as i had originally planned. I use both the Liger and the Halo everyday and love them both, the Halo being more flexible in its usage and much more portable but the Liger finds flavors the Halo seems to trade for vapor volume. I also feel school starting again being a factor on at least a few of the items going up for sale.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I personally have moved on to the Eternal quartz banger w/ insert. I only use my Ligers when I'm out of butane. I've considered selling mine but I like having the Ligers on hand. Variety is nice.

That's interesting, never seen that one, but I imagine the insert acts like a jacketed banger like a Thermal P, but if you chazz it all up you can just replace the insert instead of the whole banger? Neat. What inserts were you running on your Liger?

When you say not as fun, do you mean the ritual with the torch and cooldowns? Or just the cordless aspect?

I use both the Liger and the Halo everyday and love them both, the Halo being more flexible in its usage and much more portable but the Liger finds flavors the Halo seems to trade for vapor volume..

What makes the Halo more portable? Because you can torch it?

invertedisdead,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
What makes the Halo more portable? Because you can torch it?

That and its much smaller packed in a kit, lighter/compatible with smaller rigs, the Liger is 9 pieces attached at all angles and an insert that can slide out of the bucket vs. 7 pieces (1 of those optional) that are always attached and all inline. The Halo dumps a lot more heat into whatever it is attached to but also heats and cools MUCH faster, you also have to preheat the carb cap on the Halo for optimal function whereas the Liger suffers almost no heat droop whatsoever from high mass caps. Ive taken the Halo to several festivals and campouts and its always been super convenient, where I feel if nothing else the Ligers size/weight could be a drawback

YabbaDABBAdo

Hey guys I still haven't found a carb cap for the 30mm/flat bucket to work flawlessly. I have talked with josh and he confirms the hurricane cap seizes up if not kept clean and not wiped after every few hits, also he stated the cap expands when heats up sitting on the nail, I have yet to find a cap that fits correctly on there and still give a good seal besides the hurricane which I'm kinda bummed with, the weirdeer caps I liked but now found does not give a good seal like the hurricane or tsunami but the tsunami can't get the puddling. My friend came over this weekend with a xxl directional cap and I found a design flaw with the liger and xxl caps, the locking nut sticks up a millimeter or two above the flat rim of the bucket so the cap didn't sit flat and couldn't seal unless slid to the side a bit but then the spout was off and couldn't rotate it properly. So unless someone can blow flat cap for the 30mm is going to have to take that into consideration, I am currently in contact with another glass blower that is getting back to me later today on a custom flat caps for it.

So if anyone has a xxl directional cap that fits proper please let me know!! I can't find one that functions proper and still gets correct seal and size!!!!

Not trying to blow this thread up with caps but I haven't found a place yet to post for this particularly and I'm getting exhausted looking for a cap that fits

YabbaDABBAdo,
Reactions: Hogni

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Hey guys I still haven't found a carb cap for the 30mm/flat bucket to work flawlessly. I have talked with josh and he confirms the hurricane cap seizes up if not kept clean and not wiped after every few hits, also he stated the cap expands when heats up sitting on the nail, I have yet to find a cap that fits correctly on there and still give a good seal besides the hurricane which I'm kinda bummed with, the weirdeer caps I liked but now found does not give a good seal like the hurricane or tsunami but the tsunami can't get the puddling. My friend came over this weekend with a xxl directional cap and I found a design flaw with the liger and xxl caps, the locking nut sticks up a millimeter or two above the flat rim of the bucket so the cap didn't sit flat and couldn't seal unless slid to the side a bit but then the spout was off and couldn't rotate it properly. So unless someone can blow flat cap for the 30mm is going to have to take that into consideration, I am currently in contact with another glass blower that is getting back to me later today on a custom flat caps for it.

So if anyone has a xxl directional cap that fits proper please let me know!! I can't find one that functions proper and still gets correct seal and size!!!!

Not trying to blow this thread up with caps but I haven't found a place yet to post for this particularly and I'm getting exhausted looking for a cap that fits

The Wierdeer cap i have fits great...youre saying that just sitting on the bucket you can't create a solid seal covering the carb? or at angles that have the nipple almost hiding the side, it ever so slightly has a tiny tiny air gap?

ensabbahnur,

YabbaDABBAdo

The Wierdeer cap i have fits great...youre saying that just sitting on the bucket you can't create a solid seal covering the carb? or at angles that have the nipple almost hiding the side, it ever so slightly has a tiny tiny air gap?
don't get me wrong it fits good but definitely doesn't give a seal no matter what angle you tilt it or let it sit it definitely doesn't seal like the hurricane nor give the clouds no matter how you have the hole covered for airflow you get from the hurricane or tsunami but the tsunami doesn't get the puddling and hurricane I still have issuses with

YabbaDABBAdo,

Danksta

That's interesting, never seen that one, but I imagine the insert acts like a jacketed banger like a Thermal P, but if you chazz it all up you can just replace the insert instead of the whole banger? Neat. What inserts were you running on your Liger?

When you say not as fun, do you mean the ritual with the torch and cooldowns? Or just the cordless aspect?

The inserts help with heat retention and help preserve the terps. They also keep the banger in mint condition too.

I've used the sapphire and SiC.

I prefer being able to actually watch the dab through the bucket and watch the oil run away from my cap as I chase it. Chasing oil is my new hobby haha. I also like being unchained. It gives me more freedom to hold and enjoy my rigs. I also like fire.

Me and @Terpstar recently experimented with loading the insert first and dropping it in the bucket immediately after torching. This gives you a true uptemp dab without having to buy an overpriced controller. The taste is amazing and we both agreed it's a better experience over the Liger.

Monsoon

That and its much smaller packed in a kit, lighter/compatible with smaller rigs, the Liger is 9 pieces attached at all angles and an insert that can slide out of the bucket vs. 7 pieces (1 of those optional) that are always attached and all inline. The Halo dumps a lot more heat into whatever it is attached to but also heats and cools MUCH faster, you also have to preheat the carb cap on the Halo for optimal function whereas the Liger suffers almost no heat droop whatsoever from high mass caps. Ive taken the Halo to several festivals and campouts and its always been super convenient, where I feel if nothing else the Ligers size/weight could be a drawback
I use my Liger 30mm for home and I bring the SiC Halo to use in the park or at friend's houses. Same reasons as you plus I find it takes some futzing to get the bucket angled and stuck in place just right so I'd rather not have to redo it because I tossed it was in my bag.

Danksta

I use my Liger 30mm for home and I bring the SiC Halo to use in the park or at friend's houses. Same reasons as you plus I find it takes some futzing to get the bucket angled and stuck in place just right so I'd rather not have to redo it because I tossed it was in my bag.

What's your cool down time for the halo when you torch?

Danksta,

Danksta

Does anyone have access to a 31mm Mayoral banger? I'm curious if the Liger inserts will fit. The 30mm Eternal won't, but I think the 31mm Mayoral might. It would be fun to play with a SiC dish in a quartz banger. You would be able to see more action. Also unchained from an enail.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Does anyone have access to a 31mm Mayoral banger? I'm curious if the Liger inserts will fit. The 30mm Eternal won't, but I think the 31mm Mayoral might. It would be fun to play with a SiC dish in a quartz banger. You would be able to see more action. Also unchained from an enail.

Ever take the flame to your Liger sans shroud and bottom plate?....Liger unchained

ensabbahnur,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Obsidian shipping status changed from Aug/Sept to.....yep you guessed it, mid/late Sept

I know technically the committal hasn't past yet but this really seems like its just business as usual at cca, at least they didnt wait till literally the last day before the deadline passes to push back the release

ensabbahnur,
Reactions: Monsoon

ItWasaGoodDre

Really??? I recently had to use a quartz banger exclusively for a couple of weeks and, though I definitely enjoyed the different effect, I COULD NOT WAIT to get back to my liger. I seriously despise the tediousness and waiting game with the torch. Also, I think you get way more flavor out of your extracts with a liger. A torch is basically one hit quit before the temp gets too low.

ItWasaGoodDre,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
It's a pity that @mrbonsai420 isn't around here anymore since he started working for CCA a few months ago. Can't understand why he don't do customer communication with the FC community here. Everything ok with him? Is he still working for Josh?
Or is this forum just not interesting enough for CCA? Anywhere else active?

Danksta

Really??? I recently had to use a quartz banger exclusively for a couple of weeks and, though I definitely enjoyed the different effect, I COULD NOT WAIT to get back to my liger. I seriously despise the tediousness and waiting game with the torch. Also, I think you get way more flavor out of your extracts with a liger. A torch is basically one hit quit before the temp gets too low.

If you get the timing down right for the cool down it's equal to the Liger IMO. If you drop the insert in after torching and do true uptemp it's above the Liger.

I personally like the tediousness of torching. I don't devour dabs as much and I get more enjoyment of the ritual.

I still love my Ligers don't get me wrong. I am a very happy customer. I just got my custom 30mm cap from @b_bo_baggins and that wasn't cheap. So I still use the Ligers as I like variety. But torching is way more fun IMO. I don't waste electricity keeping the enail on all night like I used either. As an old school head I appreciate that. Some of these toys are a waste of valuable energy.

I just get way more enjoyment at being able to watch the oil move around the bucket.

I've said this before, if the V4 has a quartz bucket that would be a game changer. You're missing out on the visuals. I can't say that enough.

Just my 2cents. The best thing about weed is there will never be the BEST device. Just lots of GREAT ones we can keep in rotation and have fun with. :D

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I seriously despise the tediousness and waiting game with the torch. Also, I think you get way more flavor out of your extracts with a liger. A torch is basically one hit quit before the temp gets too low.

You wanna avoid torching too long, which then requires a long cool down and ends up taking forever for a group of 4 to take a dab. Choice of banger makes a big difference too, the newer jacketed/insulated designs retain heat quite a bit longer than Quave style bangers.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Danksta

Danksta

I plan on getting a 20mm sapphire insert in the next month or two and trying the drop uptemp tek with it. I'll be taking a risk, but if it works out like I think it will it could be a game changer. CCA710 sapphire inserts in quartz bangers would hella fun and tasty! :science:

herbivore21

I plan on getting a 20mm sapphire insert in the next month or two and trying the drop uptemp tek with it. I'll be taking a risk, but if it works out like I think it will it could be a game changer. CCA710 sapphire inserts in quartz bangers would hella fun and tasty! :science:
Don't do it man, sapphire is likely to crack from the thermal shock as you place the cold insert into the hot banger. I'd suggest trying SiC instead :peace:

Danksta

Don't do it man, sapphire is likely to crack from the thermal shock as you place the cold insert into the hot banger. I'd suggest trying SiC instead :peace:

An enail coil heats up rather quickly. I don't think the drop uptemp tech is that much hotter. I think it's worth the risk. I do see the concern though.

Danksta,
Top Bottom