CCA Liger banger V3.0

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
Careful with the ISO. I did that and I had to heat the SiC way up to dry it out. Left a bad bad taste.

Honestly my best advice is pretty simple. Keep qtipping until you have no residue left. Then take a qtip and dunk it in water and qtip one last time. That will keep the insert nice and clean. In my exp I use 3-4 qtips per dab now. There is no such thing as using too many. Any small amount of residue WILL effect taste.

Mines been fine. I promise. I use a big pot.:)

Last edited:
ichibaneye,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Cooking ISO?? Doesn't make sense to me!?
1. Percentage of ISO is much to low in your solution for working effectively.
2. At around 70°C all Iso will evaporate - Long before your watery solution is boiling.

Hogni,
Reactions: Danksta

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Ive only noticed a super slight, like less than 5-10 degree droop on the liger with the largest of the metal caps, i see zero droop with any of my glass caps, the dnail halo on the other hand....preheating the v2 cap is an absolute must or you'll lose 30-60 in less than 20 seconds. The 20mm can take dabs that fill up the cup to ~75% with no pooling or splashing with the right cap, mobius directional comes to mind, and it does take a LOT of draws when the temps are so low but to say the 20 can't take big dabs doesn't match up with my experiences nor many many many videos of globs and dunks......once your setup is dialed in. As far as splashing goes, the wierdeer cap has to be used with care or i get splashes all over the bucket and oils under the inserts on both the 20 and the 30.....it sucks because i strongly feel the wierdeer cap is the best chugging cap I've ever seen for the ligers and the ONLY cap aside from the storm cell 3.1 that can really make the 30mm CHUG. As far as cleaning the sic inserts, I've reposted this before and ill go ahead and do it again because you will not find an easier method......... all you need is room temp distilled water, fill the insert and soak it for like 10 mins....its like magic how dirty the water gets and how clean the sic becomes, no heat, no scrubbing, no abrasive, no iso, no muss, no fuss it simply peels away like old skin...its crazy and works great for the sic halo also. Per dab cleaning with the 20, unless you're making a huge mess, it shouldn't take more than 1 quality qtip and atlas 2 for the 30, following this i get ~100 dabs before ill do a "deep clean" with a little baking soda scrub, which also gets the sapphire inserts super clean and shiny also.
That fully wrapped 30mm coil does not fit with the standard shroud, you need a new (off sheet, custom on top of custom) part from CCA along with the coil from Augusthaus. I still strongly caution anyone trying to go the Augusthaus coil route as the design of the liger itself mitigates the design of the wrapped coil with its huge nail mass, it would be of more use with a low mass setup like the halos or if it was still 2013 and quartz nail were still the rage, something that doesn't already have a huge amount of intermediate heating mass and needs the heat physically brought further up the dish, which if its sic, will have amazing thermal transfer already.

Not trying to knock anyone or hurt anyones feels or attack their methods nor am i saying anyone is "wrong", this info is all my anecdotal experience and knowledge gleaned from personally applied research all geared towards reaching the tastiest chugs we can get, efficiently as possible.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Cooking ISO?? Doesn't make sense to me!?
1. Percentage of ISO is much to low in your solution for working effectively.
2. At around 70°C all Iso will evaporate - Long before your watery solution is boiling.

pretty sure #2 isn't right, when i used to combust i would regularly boil coffee cups full of 91% iso in the microwave (if you're careful its not nearly as dangerous as it sounds) and the iso is so hot it remain boiling for ~10 seconds with maybe the slightest of evaporating as the cup levels remained very close after heating and cool down.

ensabbahnur,
Reactions: Hogni

ichibaneye

@ichibaneye I like going from 540 then ramping up to 560. IMO lower initial temp stepping up 20 degrees feels like it makes more of a difference than a higher initial temp going up 10.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. When it comes to flowers I find that even all the way down to 5 degree increments can be utilized and even tasted. I would have to agree with you that when it comes to the Liger that stepping in 15 to 20 degrees increments is better. Well within a certain overall total temp. range of course.

-Ive only noticed a super slight, like less than 5-10 degree droop on the liger with the largest of the metal caps, i see zero droop with any of my glass caps
-The 20mm can take dabs that fill up the cup to ~75%
- no pooling or splashing with the right cap, mobius directional comes temps are so low but to say the 20 can't take big dabs doesn't match up with my experiences nor many many many videos of globs and dunks.
-cleaning the sic inserts, you will not find an easier method......... all you need is room temp distilled water, fill the insert and soak it for like 10 mins....its like magic how dirty the water gets and how clean the sic becomes, no heat, no scrubbing, no abrasive, no iso, no muss, no fuss it simply peels away like old skin...its crazy and works great for the sic halo also. ~100 dabs before ill do a "deep clean"
-That fully wrapped 30mm coil
First off that's a solidly written bit of information, thanks!

- As for the drop I'm getting currently. I only have a -3 degree dip in temperature with my Ti LollyCap carbcap. Cold. So that's not a bad and a very manageable fluctuation for sure. :) I've got a few glass CC's that I'm eyeing and I hope to be purchasing them at the end of the month.

-I thought I had seen some footage of full 20mm dishes around. 75% , good to know I can shoot a bit higher. :rockon:The most I've gone is about 15% full at 601f.

-That's what I thought. It's all about technique and familiarity with your gear. Why would the Liger be any different. :tup:

-I wanted to get another viewpoint. Thank you. I thought one could push some pretty good puddles with practice and care. I've also put in some satisfying viewing time watching others use the Liger. :tup:

- I've not been making a mess or been wasteful so far. I've been very careful getting familiar with how the Liger reacts, functions and performs. Until I'm familiar with it I'm only making minor adjustments w/my temps. & weights consumed. :science: I have to admit the testing is very fun though. :sherlock:

- I made sure to do the quick after dab clean always. It's very important in the long run for taste reasons and ease of cleaning later down the road. I like your super easy method. I'm going to use it for sure when it's needed. Thanks!

-In no way would I want to alter the design or function of a Liger. I mean, they're designed they way they are for very good reasons. :) But attempting to maximise performance is always an added bonus. Thus my curiosity about the coil. If one was available from any manufacturer that fit the 30mm without any modifications to the Liger that would be cool. That was my thought. But none exist....so no big deal. I'm not interested in the other option you've presented that's for sure. :disgust: Trust me, you and I agree here. Don't mess with anything that's not broken. :D:tup:

Last edited:

Hogni

Yepp, I believe it. But it's another game. Your are heating your ISO until boiling, means around 70° then you stop any (rest-) heating.
He's upheating until his solution is boiling means much higher than 70°C. All the time above 70° the ISO is slowly evaporating without seeing any boiling but ISO IS already evaporating. That's the way how destillation of schnaps is working too.
After that he's boiling the solution another 10 minutes. There can't be any ISO anymore. At least there remains only a little bit which lowers the percentage of ISO in the solution again. So there will be nearly no ISO which could work.
Anyway, to each his own - if it works.

Last edited:

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
yeah i totally missed the boiling for 10 mins part......that sounds like sheer madness to me and an invitation for a fire or explosion.

ensabbahnur,
Reactions: Hogni

Danksta

I really don't think soaking SiC in ISO is a good idea. At most just use a dropper and drop a small amount on it. I just feel ISO is overkill for SiC. Just heat raise the temp up on your enail or use a torch. :2c:

ichibaneye

I really don't think soaking SiC in ISO is a good idea. At most just use a dropper and drop a small amount on it. I just feel ISO is overkill for SiC. Just heat raise the temp up on your enail or use a torch. :2c:

If it's clean it's clean. I just offered up another way is all. It's simple and not dangerous....lol. One needs to use common sense is all. This isn't directed at just you in anyway.

I think torches are overkill. I'm glad that you've been commenting.

Let's get this thread moving again all.
Post your Liger shots today everybody! :tup::rockon::cool:

ichibaneye,
Reactions: Danksta

OC513

Dabaholic
Been dabbing on my Liger with SiC for 6 months now, qtip after every dab, first a dry one and then an ISO soaked one. My dish looks the same as the day it arrived. I cant imagine anybody having a hard time cleaning SiC, it just cleans so easily. I much prefer it over quartz.

Now lets see some reviews on the obsidian.

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
I :leaf: MY LIGER

uAd8sVR.png

Hogni

I'm not in coloured glass but that setup is really nice - i would take it too!

Hogni,

Puddy

have the 16 and love it, but I feel like I need to upgrade. 20 or 30? pros/cons of each? I have a HighFive box, already have the flat coil, so I'm leaning towards 30. Gonna grab the obsidian as well regardless of of which one I go with. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts, thanks!

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
have the 16 and love it, but I feel like I need to upgrade. 20 or 30? pros/cons of each? I have a HighFive box, already have the flat coil, so I'm leaning towards 30. Gonna grab the obsidian as well regardless of of which one I go with. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts, thanks!

IMO the 20 i the King of the ligers, much easier to clean, handles as big a dab as you'd want before you'd be wasting, has many more options for caps in general and has more than 1 cap that actually works well with it.

Since you have a 16 already the 20 isn't going to seem as big of an upgrade than the 30 would and there is no getting around the fact the 30 just looks baller and its fun to watch your material sublimate....strictly function vs form i have to give it to the 20 though

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.

I like both, but prefer the 20 (unless I'm doing really big dabs (which I don't typically do)).
I'm normally getting ~10-20 dabs/g; so .05g-.1g / dab.

nickmo

I also have the 16 and considering upgrading to the 20 or 30. The 16 functions just fine, I just feel like I need to be careful how big of dabs I do or I will make a mess. Plus, I'd like to try out some new carb caps and there don't seem to be many options for the 16. I only have 16mm coils so I'd also need a new coil.

nickmo,
Top Bottom