CCA Liger banger V3.0

Baron23

Anyone have a fav coil source? I need a standard D-Nail/Shatterbox/HexNail style wiring on a 20mm barrel coil? (just received a 20mm Liger after less than 14 days; got everything correct)
I noticed that d-nail has a sale; any better deals for similar coils?
Also anyone ever tried the "encased" or "extended life" coils? Do they fit worse/better/at all?
(I apologize if someone answered a similar question that I didn't notice..)
I generally buy D-nail coils...mostly because a friend who has been dabbing a LONG time offered the view that they just last longer. I have ordered the extended life (and it works great and hasn't failed) and my recent flat coil I went with the standard.

Now, I also have an Auber controller and it came with a coil. Worked fine and then died right before the end of warranty (they give six months on coils. Auber was great and just shipped me a new one, no problems. Auber 20 mm barrel and their flat coils are $46 each which is less than D-nail.

I believe that ALL such hot runner type coils are made in China now and differences lie in materials specifications and test/QA requirements given to the contract manufacturers but I can't prove that.

Puddy

ordered 6/22, received 7/11

I'm definitely in love with this new setup, BUT I wish I would have just went for the 20mm to start. Feels like the 16 is kind of a waste. I have the storm cell 3.1 carb cap and it gets the job done, but wondering if there are any 3rd party ones for the 16 like there are for 20/30?

or do I just say screw it can get the 20mm!

Puddy,

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
I don't have a 16mm myself and from what I hear there aren't many good third party carb caps for it aside from ChadBro's bubble caps. See below
The Chadbro Bubble Cap: https://directionalairflow.com/product/clear-bubble-cap-25mm/ has a very narrow "nipple" (~6mm) and would be an excellent pairing with the 16mm Liger.
It also works well with the 20mm Liger.
It has a very restricted airflow and with the narrow nipple it has a large range of motion when seated in the bucket.
PS I only paid $30 for mine (from a different vendor; can't recall who).

If you wanted to check out something cheaper in case it turns out there's something better than ChadBro's bubbles out there, you can always get a bubble cap off the Gate. Only issue there boils down to whether or not you want to wait two+ weeks on Chinese shipping.

Still, you might be better off with the ChadBro in the long run. His caps are made from the more durable Schott boro, not quartz. I'm definitely glad to have a spare Terp Trunk on board for when I upgrade.

Marihuana,
Reactions: Puddy

Puddy

Thanks, I have a DHGate thermal nail that came with a few cheap bubble caps that I tried, but it ended up splashing/getting oil all over the bucket and backside of the insert. Wonder if it's bc the stem part goes down too low? Anyways, thanks I may as well just get that Chad Bro one and if it doesn't work, then I got it for when I eventually get the 20 mm

Puddy,

herbivore21

I think more time is being wasted wanting a separate thread. If the Liger worked as promised with the existing caps we would not be having this conversation. Anyone who buys a Liger should be thankful for the folks who have spent time and money figuring out which caps work best. Sorry but this discussion is very much about the Liger even if it contains information you are not interested in yourself. The time it took for you to write all that up could have been used to find the information you seek.
That's just your opinion man. Please spare me the conjecture where you try to tell me what would have taken me more time to do than what - it is unwelcome, and with the greatest respect: How can you possibly know what might take me longer of those things? You have no idea what my needs and capacities are man. Mind your own business.

As it currently stands, this thread doesn't seem to have the information I seek, and it seems I'll have to continue in vain trying to contact CCA to find out when I'll get the replacement components I'm waiting on.

I've said my piece. Given the above responses, I will just keep on trying to contact Josh rather than bothering with this thread again. Peace out.

herbivore21,

Danksta

That's just your opinion man. Please spare me the conjecture where you try to tell me what would have taken me more time to do than what - it is unwelcome, and with the greatest respect: How can you possibly know what might take me longer of those things? You have no idea what my needs and capacities are man. Mind your own business.

As it currently stands, this thread doesn't seem to have the information I seek, and it seems I'll have to continue in vain trying to contact CCA to find out when I'll get the replacement components I'm waiting on.

I've said my piece. Given the above responses, I will just keep on trying to contact Josh rather than bothering with this thread again. Peace out.

Don't bring your business on a public forum if you don't want it discussed.

You want this forum catered to you. It's pretty comical.

Danksta,

kronus

I bought a 20mm liger 3.0 from cca and 20mm heater from high 5 vape and when I connect everything the cloud production I get is very weak compared to a normal low temp dab with a quartz banger and torch

the dab melts but than when I use the hurricane cap the one with the 4 holes you can choose how many holes I tried 1 to 4 holes I get no good vapor production in the rig

I tried temps from 650 to 750 and compared to the errlectric @ 710 the cloud production doesn't even compare

Please help how can I get better use out of this setup?? I want to get better clouds with the right temps , the only decent hit I seem to get is around 800 degrees with the quartz insert

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I bought a 20mm liger 3.0 from cca and 20mm heater from high 5 vape and when I connect everything the cloud production I get is very weak compared to a normal low temp dab with a quartz banger and torch

the dab melts but than when I use the hurricane cap the one with the 4 holes you can choose how many holes I tried 1 to 4 holes I get no good vapor production in the rig

I tried temps from 650 to 750 and compared to the errlectric @ 710 the cloud production doesn't even compare

Please help how can I get better use out of this setup?? I want to get better clouds with the right temps , the only decent hit I seem to get is around 800 degrees with the quartz insert

The recurring theme is to switch to a bubble cap.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Marihuana

mutten840

It almost sounds like your coil is not snug against the tube you fit the coil over in the Liger. If there is any play between the coil and the body, you will get poor results with dabs. This was covered when the Liger first came out as one of the biggest factors to people having not optimal results. If you have a snug fit between the coil and the Liger, I would then look into restricting airflow by changing your carb cap to have no more than 2 holes open.

The above were the 2 main things that several people run into when first using the Liger. Hopefully this will help =)

One other thing to consider. You will never get a dab like you do off of a torch nail, but you will get a consistent dab as you can set a temp and leave it there. Where with the torch, this is not so doable =P
The Liger is known for being very efficient with using product and will not easily crush a big dab in one hit. I normally get at least 2 good hits out of my dabs before I Qtip the remainder out(It starts to taste bad after the second hit)

But your temp range should be more consistent and also around 580 to 640 once your coil is snug and you have adjusted the carb cap to be more restrictive. Also the SiC is by far the best insert for the 20. It is near impossible to break and gives you a really nice dab. I have not tried or seen the new insert coming out, but if it is anything like the SiC, it should be worth your pennies =)

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
@mutten840 has a VERY good point. Even after I stepped up from a metal carb cap, I felt like my Liger just wasn't putting out. Tightening my coil shroud eliminated that issue altogether.

While you can get some serious white walling off the initial few seconds of your dab (or at least I do), I find the Liger to be more like a true concentrate vaporizer designed for water than dabbing. You're going to want to take longer, slower draws out of it than you would a traditional nail. Combine that with a new cap or the most restricted setting on your Hurricane and you will be getting way more out of your concentrates than ever before.

By the way, I run mine anywhere between 580-620 with everything nice and snug. So the 700 degree range definitely seems overkill. Then again - you're using quartz. You might actually have to crank it up high just because the thermal conduction isn't as good as you'd get with Sapphire or SiC.

KimDracula

I think the issue is going to be due to the coil needing tightening and a carb cap only needing one hole open.

The Liger is efficient but there's no reason it can't milk a piece like other nails. You can hit if fast or slow. if you prepare a small dab you can kill it at a low temp.

My point is that you'll know when it's working.

KimDracula,
Reactions: mutten840

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
How long are you folks taking to finish your hits? Furthermore, how much do you load?

~10mg of super saucy live resin takes around 55 seconds from drop to second exhale to get most of the vapor. 590 degrees on the box, paired with the humble Terp Trunk.

Meanwhile, a ~10mg dab of distillate takes about 40.

I'm curious to see how much of a difference various carb caps, coil temps, vaping surfaces, bucket sizes and oil consistencies make.

Gn0sis

rice grain or 2 size dab of FSE/Live Resin on the 30mm sapphire takes me about a minute and 10 to 20 seconds. i have the box set to 520 to 542 degrees depending on the concentrate (more terps = lower temp, more cannabinoids = higher temp) with a modified chad bro terp trunk that angles down properly.

i take 3 - 4 pulls each dab. taste doesn't diminish in the last pull.

KimDracula

How long are you folks taking to finish your hits? Furthermore, how much do you load?

~10mg of super saucy live resin takes around 55 seconds from drop to second exhale to get most of the vapor. 590 degrees on the box, paired with the humble Terp Trunk.

Meanwhile, a ~10mg dab of distillate takes about 40.

I'm curious to see how much of a difference various carb caps, coil temps, vaping surfaces, bucket sizes and oil consistencies make.

I think my experience roughly matches what you have described here but with a big margin for error since I'm estimating everything from size of the dab (my typical dab is approx. .02g - .04g) to the count on the pull. I recently dropped my temp again from 580 or 590 where you have it now back down to about 550-560. I'm using the sapphire insert in the 20mm 3.0 with the 3.0 Storm Cell. I usually finish the dab in one pull but it does take a count of 25-50 or so in my head with a second pull necessary to finish on the bigger dabs due to a need to cough.

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I think my experience roughly matches what you have described here but with a big margin for error since I'm estimating everything from size of the dab (my typical dab is approx. .02g - .04g) to the count on the pull. I recently dropped my temp again from 580 or 590 where you have it now back down to about 550-560. I'm using the sapphire insert in the 20mm 3.0 with the 3.0 Storm Cell. I usually finish the dab in one pull but it does take a count of 25-50 or so in my head with a second pull necessary to finish on the bigger dabs due to a need to cough.

This matches my experience very closely. I'm using the 20mm Liger 3.0 and SiC insert at 555 degrees with either the Storm Cell or new Tsunami caps. My dabs are almost always .03 now. I used to prefer .04, but with the Liger I find I can finish a .03 dab in a single draw of 20 seconds. .04 leaves just enough to waste and not enough for another satisfying terpy hit.

I usually dab fresh rosin, but quality BHO and live resin seem to perform similarly. I also use a Mobius directional glass carb cap occasionally, but find it takes just a little longer to finish the same size dab. It's also just too convenient to dab and cap with one hand while holding my rig in the other.

Last edited:

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
Between 20 and 30 milligrams definitely seems to be the sweet spot for load size in comparison to flavor degradation. I had just taken a 40mg hit to confirm this, and to my surprise I was left with exactly one full chamber's worth of vapor with spoiled flavor in my mini beak. Huge hits can be profoundly flavorful in comparison, but what's the point in that if you're going to be grossed out before you finish them?

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Between 20 and 30 milligrams definitely seems to be the sweet spot for load size in comparison to flavor degradation. I had just taken a 40mg hit to confirm this, and to my surprise I was left with exactly one full chamber's worth of vapor with spoiled flavor in my mini beak. Huge hits can be profoundly flavorful in comparison, but what's the point in that if you're going to be grossed out before you finish them?

I have to admit it's a lot of fun when I waste to taste. When trying a new strain for the first time, I'll sometimes load a ~50mg dab of rosin hot of the press and take just one big hit. I get nearly the full terp load and the taste lingers on as I swab out a couple dollars worth of unvaporized cannabinoids :tup:

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
This is interesting, as I had never weighed my average dab, just knew it was small, like about 1/3 of a grain of rice. I weighed a piece a minute ago, and it was .01 gram, so yes, I'm a lightweight. I'm using the 20mm with SIC insert at a setting of 550 degrees. Just last week got the Gordo Scientific bubble riptide cap that was recommended to me by some FC members, which works great. ATM, I am using some NYC Diesel Sugar that tastes like a burst of lemon!

YabbaDABBAdo

hey guys just wanted to let you know that Josh set everything straight for me and everything now is working flawlessly

my go to caps for the liger 30mm made by CCA is the tsunami and hurricane, the stormcell I don't think is meant for the 30 at all, with the tsunami you can also attach the dabber tip to the underside of the cap so it's kind of like the first generation but for no waste in vapor at all I use the tsunami with the dabber tip on the underside, and then comes the hurricane i'm able to get full hits but I'm still leery of it seizing hopefully the new bucket will stop that, it hasn't happened yet
also I think there could be some major improvements on all carb cap designs made by CCA themselves
first let's make caps that are specifically designed and tested for each specific size liger, if there was a specific carb cap for each model then each one would have a perfect fit for each size liger Instead of trying to make three caps fit all three models
also smaller holes yet multiple ones that are on angles to make a vortex the one hole does not allow the incoming air reach the edge of the 30
and there in lies where the boro/quartz caps come in involved they do seem to be a better match up making an effortless glide hit.
so I do think Josh should consider looking into move into that direction of improving the carb caps and making ones for each specific model that might cut down on all the issues that we are having on finding and getting a good CCA setup

Armerad

Dabbin'
Can anyone direct me to some good pictures of the new Tsunami cap? I'm a bit out of the loop and the CCA page hasn't been updated with pictures since I checked in a week or so ago.

Armerad,

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
Can anyone direct me to some good pictures of the new Tsunami cap? I'm a bit out of the loop and the CCA page hasn't been updated with pictures since I checked in a week or so ago.

Good luck, they've not had any photo updates for about a month now. I'd like to see more photos and detailed information about each product on the website too. It's ridiculous that things like diameters, height, depth and such are not listed. It makes buying so much easier. And no I'm not speaking to the general sizes of each Liger here.

Does nothing not impress you more about a product when there's no real useful information listed. Especially when you're hemorrhaging out those hard earned federal (nothing federal about them :sherlock:) reserve notes. Yet still I'll be buying once things have been sorted out with dudes suppliers, manufacturing and fulfillment issues. That is unless someone wants to donate me a working v3 20mm Liger. :razz: Okay... "Exit stage left." -snagglepuss

ichibaneye,

YabbaDABBAdo

Josh set everything straight with me and I have the new tsunami will get pictures up later today hopefully it's not tomorrow at the latest

YabbaDABBAdo,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Good luck, they've not had any photo updates for about a month now. I'd like to see more photos and detailed information about each product on the website too. It's ridiculous that things like diameters, height, depth and such are not listed. It makes buying so much easier. And no I'm not speaking to the general sizes of each Liger here.

Does nothing not impress you more about a product when there's no real useful information listed. Especially when you're hemorrhaging out those hard earned federal (nothing federal about them :sherlock:) reserve notes. Yet still I'll be buying once things have been sorted out with dudes suppliers, manufacturing and fulfillment issues. That is unless someone wants to donate me a working v3 20mm Liger. :razz: Okay... "Exit stage left." -snagglepuss

To add yet even more BS to the pile of poor manufacturing/business practices, i recently received (this week) a 30mm and 20mm version of what I'm going to call Liger V3.1, they had a totally different locking nut, totally different bottom shroud/coil retention plate, different length attachment screw on the bottom and the "precision fluting" on the condenser tube arm feels very different then the other 6 examples i have from cca that even though its visually similar, I'm going call it a new texture.

Its GREAT that product is continually......"improved" but to do so while making marked, material, physical changes to the product i feel at the very least a heads up is in order. Just another example of the liger being a great product, when its made correctly and you eventually get your correct order......and even then who knows what version you'll actually get....

Again, buyer beware.

ensabbahnur,
Reactions: Marihuana
Top Bottom