CCA Liger banger V3.0

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I know D-Nail offers SiC, but I also know I will end up going the Obsidian direction and that will leave me desiring more from the D-Nail.

SiC's thermal conductivity is pretty amazing, do we know for sure that obsidian will really be superior? I haven't seen any real information about it other than a marketing blurb on the CCA website about being "designed for vaporization," but that remains to be seen.

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
My hypothesis is that Josh might indeed have found a certain material he liked, but he doesn't want to name it due to hype factor or a desire to keep competitors in the dark.

YabbaDABBAdo

I contemplated getting a D-Nail to solve that issue, since my InfiniTi worked perfectly fine with said rig. I know D-Nail offers SiC, but I also know I will end up going the Obsidian direction and that will leave me desiring more from the D-Nail.
Not to get off topic or thread
I have all halos and the 30 with SiC insert for now others are an back order for 30 except sapphire just don't have the loot for it now, But I love every halo each one has is ups and downs but my go to for it is the SiC halo for everyday all day use, sapphire I only bring out for certain products and times cause it fragile because I have seen my friend crack his so I'm very cautious with is' quartz is the hardest to keep clean and my least favorite but still great taste don't get me wrong, but you can't go wrong with SiC!

Back to ligers now the new @weirdeerglass on IG is he best cap for the 30 I have all other sit aside now but have not tried the tsunami still on its way, I am in the works to get another one colored tho, the cap glides effortlessly and the airflow is spot on adjusted a little bit with your finger tip and KA-POW!!!! you get full flavor and clouds.

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
Been thinking about getting a custom umbrella cap to match my rigs. Has anyone with a Wierdeer cap tried theirs on the 20mm as well? I'd really love it if I could step down to a smaller bucket while still using a cap that pulls together my ensemble.

nickmo

I have the storm cell, but I'm not particularly fond of it, although I am manging to get quite medicated. I've tried searching back a ways on this thread, but it is confusing. Links and info much appreciated!

I was wondering the same thing, but for the 16mm. Could anyone recommend another cap for that? I've been contemplating a Tsunami attachment just to try something other than the Storm

nickmo,

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
I was wondering the same thing, but for the 16mm. Could anyone recommend another cap for that? I've been contemplating a Tsunami attachment just to try something other than the Storm

The Chadbro Bubble Cap: https://directionalairflow.com/product/clear-bubble-cap-25mm/ has a very narrow "nipple" (~6mm) and would be an excellent pairing with the 16mm Liger.
It also works well with the 20mm Liger.
It has a very restricted airflow and with the narrow nipple it has a large range of motion when seated in the bucket.

PS I only paid $30 for mine (from a different vendor; can't recall who).

herbivore21

SiC's thermal conductivity is pretty amazing, do we know for sure that obsidian will really be superior? I haven't seen any real information about it other than a marketing blurb on the CCA website about being "designed for vaporization," but that remains to be seen.
No, we have not. There is not even any information to suggest that the product is actually made of obsidian, this may just be a trademark/name of the product. Anybody who is predicting that it will be better or worse is doing so very prematurely :2c: We need to wait and see.

For what it's worth, I wanna get the replacement parts I'm still waiting on from CCA since I originally received faulty ones last year, before I buy any new products from them :shrug:

Has anybody here received their replacement sapphire yet that had one from the faulty batch that spontaneously cracks inside the surface?

Also could we possibly make a separate 'liger carb caps' thread? It is increasingly difficult recently to find anything in this thread relating to the Liger itself anymore, as there are pages and pages of comments about third-party carbs.

Last edited:

turk

turk
.hmmmm..I was also wary about pulling the trigger on sapphire ..till I heard more....did swing on the obsidian though...smaller hit on pocket...
...I concur with the observation about carb caps...there should be another thread.

herbivore21

.hmmmm..I was also wary about pulling the trigger on sapphire ..till I heard more....did swing on the obsidian though...smaller hit on pocket...
...I concur with the observation about carb caps...there should be another thread.
Man I've had a d-nail sapphire halo for many years with no cracking. My cracked Liger sapphire was due to a well known QC issue with CCA's sapphire inserts from a particular batch/number of batches (not sure which). I heartily recommend sapphire nails on the whole, but this particular issue needs resolving before I can recommend the Liger sapphire. AFAIK, it is in the process of being resolved, if not already resolved. Of course, Josh can clear this up for us further ;)

turk

turk
...I hear you man...and I pay special attention to your observations...in my experience you have been very helpful assisting folks and giving a good perspective...there's always value there.

Baron23

Been thinking about getting a custom umbrella cap to match my rigs. Has anyone with a Wierdeer cap tried theirs on the 20mm as well? I'd really love it if I could step down to a smaller bucket while still using a cap that pulls together my ensemble.
Personally, I like this one...and I have a few that I have used with the 20 mm. Very good cap, well made, decent price, fits the 20 mm very well.

https://shop.madhustleinc.com/products/bubble-cap-clear-xl

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
A few of you have had some problems the last few months and posted about it. I've not seen anything from y'all in a while. Have the people or the person ;) at Liger made it right by you folks yet? For those who haven't yet, please update us, thank you.

YabbaDABBAdo

I am in contact with josh although not this past week and a half roughly I'm one who's new hurricane cap seizes up on the 30mm, kinda bummed at th moment I have had to spend more money on a new cap just to get my set up to work properly. So I am eagerly awaiting an email or IG message on the resolution!
and yes I am one who has contributed to the thread getting off topic with caps but it's only due to that I had yet to been able to really sit down and use my setup with out worrying something will happen. So when I found weirdeerglass cap on IG I truly found my first full hit and no worry of seizing up, so I just thought I would pass that on

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
While I fully respect the idea of having another thread designated for third party accessories for organizational purposes, I feel like the information in this thread regarding third party carb caps is a relevant source of information for any current or future Liger owners. Let's face it, Josh hasn't quite nailed down the proprietary carb caps. I'd go as far as to say that metal carb caps should be left in the past in favor of official collaborations with glass artists if CCA710 is truly about concentrate connoisseur accessories.

Kalikron

Anyone have a fav coil source? I need a standard D-Nail/Shatterbox/HexNail style wiring on a 20mm barrel coil? (just received a 20mm Liger after less than 14 days; got everything correct)
I noticed that d-nail has a sale; any better deals for similar coils?
Also anyone ever tried the "encased" or "extended life" coils? Do they fit worse/better/at all?
(I apologize if someone answered a similar question that I didn't notice..)

herbivore21

Anyone have a fav coil source? I need a standard D-Nail/Shatterbox/HexNail style wiring on a 20mm barrel coil? (just received a 20mm Liger after less than 14 days; got everything correct)
I noticed that d-nail has a sale; any better deals for similar coils?
Also anyone ever tried the "encased" or "extended life" coils? Do they fit worse/better/at all?
(I apologize if someone answered a similar question that I didn't notice..)
I always use the d-nail standard or extended life coils. The encased coils aren't compatible with all kinds of nails, especially not the Liger if you have that so I'd avoid that one. The extended life are no different in size/shape from the standard coils. They are just rated for longer usage lifespans.

A few of you have had some problems the last few months and posted about it. I've not seen anything from y'all in a while. Have the people or the person ;) at Liger made it right by you folks yet? For those who haven't yet, please update us, thank you.
As I suggested above, I have been promised replacements for all of the faulty parts I have had, but am yet to receive them. I do believe they will come, but I understand that it has taken a very long time to get the relevant manufacturing issues resolved and the wait has as such, been very long.

@Marihuana I get it man, but honestly, it is such a waste of time sifting through comments about third party carb caps when I open this thread and want to see what is happening with Liger replacements for faulty parts. This is especially a big problem because FC is really the only place where people can get any information about what is happening with CCA/Ligers. The company's communication is infamously scant!

The biggest consideration with the Ligers for a lot of us right now is whether or not the manufacturing issues with the actual nail and inserts have been fixed. Then we can consider custom caps to get better performance. Anybody who wants to find out about custom caps for the Liger can be easily linked to the other thread that I suggested and those of us who have no need to read about these third party non-CCA products can also avoid trawling through pages of irrelevant posts when we want to see where things are at with the actual Liger products. :2c:

Last edited:
No, we have not. There is not even any information to suggest that the product is actually made of obsidian, this may just be a trademark/name of the product. Anybody who is predicting that it will be better or worse is doing so very prematurely :2c: We need to wait and see.

For what it's worth, I wanna get the replacement parts I'm still waiting on from CCA since I originally received faulty ones last year, before I buy any new products from them :shrug:

Has anybody here received their replacement sapphire yet that had one from the faulty batch that spontaneously cracks inside the surface?

Also could we possibly make a separate 'liger carb caps' thread? It is increasingly difficult recently to find anything in this thread relating to the Liger itself anymore, as there are pages and pages of comments about third-party carbs.

Supposed to see my replacement this week.

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I am in contact with josh although not this past week and a half roughly I'm one who's new hurricane cap seizes up on the 30mm, kinda bummed at th moment I have had to spend more money on a new cap just to get my set up to work properly. So I am eagerly awaiting an email or IG message on the resolution!
and yes I am one who has contributed to the thread getting off topic with caps but it's only due to that I had yet to been able to really sit down and use my setup with out worrying something will happen. So when I found weirdeerglass cap on IG I truly found my first full hit and no worry of seizing up, so I just thought I would pass that on

I see nothing wrong with posting up others carb caps if it gets Ligers product to actually function and work properly. I appreciate the added info actually on functioning compatible caps. This saves many others the leg work. So long as it's not getting into off topic comparisons and such.

I hope Josh makes things right by you. I've not given up hope on Liger but if nothing changes I see this as the beginning to the end of a promising thing.

If a person supports a company that doesn't care or doesn't show that they do care...aka effort. Then one gets fucked on the daily because they put up with and supported, made excuses for the bad business practices. Top tier product and materials or not, does not excuse the bullshit. ANYTHING ELSE IS JUST EXCUSES. It's called own your shit! Simple really, this is realism talk and truth. Some things in life but not many are cut n dry or black n white.

I always use the d-nail standard or extended life coils. The encased coils aren't compatible with all kinds of nails, especially not the Liger if you have that so I'd avoid that one. The extended life are no different in size/shape from the standard coils. They are just rated for longer usage lifespans.

The longer life coils are made of a better and more stable metal blend. Now what's considered to be standard, that's up for debate. But having used metals for gun barrels and other trusted parts that cannot fail better metals equals trusted, tried and true. Failures are not an option.

Last edited:

herbivore21

I see nothing wrong with posting up others carb caps if it gets Ligers product to actually function and work properly. I appreciate the added info actually on functioning compatible caps. This saves many others the leg work. So long as it's not getting into off topic comparisons and such.

See my above post, the relevant section is quoted below to explain the problem. There is nothing wrong with sharing information about third party caps of course, people want that info clearly. The problem is such an overwhelming amount of this discussion being in this thread to the point that one has to spend a very long time trying to find posts about CCA's actual products. We must remember, this is a CCA product thread. At present, those of us who come here for information about CCA's products are having to parse an unreasonably large amount of irrelevant information about third party carb caps.

Additionally, FC has always separated threads for ease of finding information:

According to the rules here; we can't even discuss much more relevant factors like the shipping or the materials safety of Ligers in the Liger thread - those need to be kept in separate threads. Additionally, threads about companion products from different vendors have always been separate here, and vendors are typically not allowed to post about their own products in the threads of other vendors. So to me, it makes perfect sense to separate threads about after-market products that work with the liger, but are made by third parties. IME this has always been how FC has been organized in the past. This will also allow for the vendors who make the after market caps to participate in the discussion without falling foul of the relevant rules. :peace:

@Marihuana I get it man, but honestly, it is such a waste of time sifting through comments about third party carb caps when I open this thread and want to see what is happening with Liger replacements for faulty parts. This is especially a big problem because FC is really the only place where people can get any information about what is happening with CCA/Ligers. The company's communication is infamously scant!

The biggest consideration with the Ligers for a lot of us right now is whether or not the manufacturing issues with the actual nail and inserts have been fixed. Then we can consider custom caps to get better performance. Anybody who wants to find out about custom caps for the Liger can be easily linked to the other thread that I suggested and those of us who have no need to read about these third party non-CCA products can also avoid trawling through pages of irrelevant posts when we want to see where things are at with the actual Liger products. :2c:

Danksta

I think more time is being wasted wanting a separate thread. If the Liger worked as promised with the existing caps we would not be having this conversation. Anyone who buys a Liger should be thankful for the folks who have spent time and money figuring out which caps work best. Sorry but this discussion is very much about the Liger even if it contains information you are not interested in yourself. The time it took for you to write all that up could have been used to find the information you seek.

Last edited:

KimDracula

Nobody suggested that nobody needs these carb caps or that it isn't important information, but simply that the subject had grown enough to warrant its own thread which would not be hard to find. Organization would benefit people looking for info on either, wouldn't it? This argument is very silly but in saying that I have become a part of it and am now a hypocrite. Damn.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Someone with experiences with different tested (boro) carb caps wants to create an own thread about this very informative topic? Wood be worthfully IMO.

Hogni,
Reactions: turk

brucee10

So I've had my flat coil Liger for quite a while now. It's the nail on my desk where I spend most of my time after work. Since getting a cap that fit, I'm 99% happy with my setup except for 1 thing. I really wish my sapphire insert fit tighter. The SiC insert in my V2 took a second or two to seat because the fit was almost perfect. Has anyone figured out any sort of shim stock to hold the inserts a little tighter?

brucee10,
Top Bottom