CCA Liger banger V3.0

No problem man, glad to be any assistance. It definitely had me bummed too until it was clear to me that this was a manufacturing defect. The cracking did not start on any outer surface of the sapphire insert, it was actually cracked inside the sapphire! I hope to hear that you have been hooked up with replacement sapphire sooner than later brother :peace:

They’re making it right. Thanks!!! Never would have thought to ask them. Just would have silently cursed them instead. :lol:

nickmo

Dang I ordered mine 6/11 and had to remind him twice (the first of which he reminded me they have a "lead time of 2 weeks on all orders" but assured me it was shipping that same week.) It didn't actually end up shipping for almost another whole week, the same day I reminded him again. With both my CCA orders so far, I really got the impression my stuff wouldn't have shipped nearly as fast if I hadn't been reminding him. He tells me it's shipping "today" or "this week", then when I ask for a tracking number in about a week, I don't get a response for a few hours then I get a tracking number that clearly has just been created since I asked again.

Did you just contact via the email on the website?

nickmo,

Monsoon

Dang I ordered mine 6/11 and had to remind him twice (the first of which he reminded me they have a "lead time of 2 weeks on all orders" but assured me it was shipping that same week.) It didn't actually end up shipping for almost another whole week, the same day I reminded him again. With both my CCA orders so far, I really got the impression my stuff wouldn't have shipped nearly as fast if I hadn't been reminding him. He tells me it's shipping "today" or "this week", then when I ask for a tracking number in about a week, I don't get a response for a few hours then I get a tracking number that clearly has just been created since I asked again. YabbaDabba what was your order?
I'm really disappointed that this is still happening, of all the issues facing the company this is probably one of the more damaging ones PR-wise and also the easiest one to fix. I know he means well and probably meant to ship it out "today" or "this week", but he didn't and it's happened over and over again with at least a good chunk of people in this thread. If his ETAs are shit he needs to at least be more wishy-washy on the timelines unless he can absolutely guarantee it and follow through after if he can't. Everyone hates being told there's a delay or problem but it's better than having a customer start to wonder if they need to do a chargeback or to complain about it here or on reddit. It's a lot easier to try to put it in the back of my mind when I'm not chasing after a company for information and silently raging to myself.

I hope you see this @CCA710 and can make the appropriate changes. It's all intended to be constructive criticism since I want to see the company to succeed. Honestly it's really hard to be a cheerleader for the Liger and recommend it to others when you're still doing stuff like this. I mean I still do recommend it but it does remove some shine from the Liger's aura.

The regular "flat coil" 30mm insert Liger V3 is the vapor bucket I'm using, I just have a new shroud design to accommodate the larger coil. The larger "Augusthaus" coil will not fit the standard heat shield....but is operational w/lower heat retention using no shield at all and the custom coil. I'd definitely talk with someone at CCA710 about ordering the new shroud. It will not come standard! It's definitely a specialty part that you'll have to secure seperate of the usual liger order...it's a collaboration between the two companies. Josh is a really cool guy (seriously awesome) and I bet he'd hook you up if you asked though. In addition, I know August has the coils now available to ship with KubeOne's. I'm not sure the custom coil will be compatible w/any other PID due to a higher power requirement vs a standard flat or barrel coil. I'd definitely get ahold of the manufacturer of your specific PID (if it's not a KubeOne) and/or @TheAugustHaus to ensure it's capable/safe to use with your specific setup prior to ordering anything...August is totally cool with "coil only" orders but you'll have to ask him if this specific coil is currently available for order separately as I don't see the option on the site...yet.

When I contacted August he said he would not sell the custom Liger flat coils separately.
Hopefully that has changed.

Edit: To clarify, he said that he would only sell them as part of a package, or to people who already own a KubeOne.

It should change I mean what if the customer needs a replacement coil. I bought the pid and coil so I guess they would definitely sell me a replacement since they know who I am
I spoke with August and he agreed to sale me a coil for my Dnail. He said he wouldn't warranty it or guarantee it would work on anything but his P.I.D. I told him i didn't give a FUCK sale me the coil! He did and now I'm waiting on him to ship it out. Also waiting on Josh to send me my Shroud. If it doesn't work on my Dnail I'll buy a HexNail like I'm planning too anyway! And if that doesn't power the August coil I'll scrap it. I've checked out the Kube and it's cool but Im more intrigued by the Hex at the moment. If the Kube was cheaper maybe, but the Hex is a must have and can't do both!

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I spoke with August and he agreed to sale me a coil for my Dnail. He said he wouldn't warranty it or guarantee it would work on anything but his P.I.D. I told him i didn't give a FUCK sale me the coil! He did and now I'm waiting on him to ship it out. Also waiting on Josh to send me my Shroud. If it doesn't work on my Dnail I'll buy a HexNail like I'm planning too anyway! And if that doesn't power the August coil I'll scrap it. I've checked out the Kube and it's cool but Im more intrigued by the Hex at the moment. If the Kube was cheaper maybe, but the Hex is a must have and can't do both!

curious as to how much he wanted for the coil alone. and the hex nail is wired the same as d-nail is, which I'm 99% sure is the same as the kube so you should be stylin

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.

Good to hear, I will try to press the issue.
With regard to the Hex-Nail: yes, you want one.

I've never used a DNail controller.
But the difference between the Auber RDK200 and the Hex-Nail is extremely dramatic.
(and I liked my RDK200).

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Good to hear, I will try to press the issue.
With regard to the Hex-Nail: yes, you want one.

I've never used a DNail controller.
But the difference between the Auber RDK200 and the Hex-Nail is extremely dramatic.
(and I liked my RDK200).

I have an RDK300 and have been considering a Hex-Nail. What are the differences you notice between them?

lazylightning,

Kalikron

That sounds like a good plan! The HexNail and KubeOne are both awesome so you won't be sorry either way. Glad you got ahold of Josh and got the shroud ordered; its definitely a monster size wise compared with the stock shroud. It has to be, so it can fit around the awesome & massive AugustHaus coil! August has always shipped me my stuff incredibly fast, as well; so I doubt you'll have to wait very long for your coil. Let us know what you think/how the coil works out please? I think you're going to be one happy vaper!

Kalikron,
Reactions: mutten840

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Is Augusthaus going to build a 220v too? Guess he has to if he also wants international customers?

Hogni,
Reactions: Kalikron
curious as to how much he wanted for the coil alone. and the hex nail is wired the same as d-nail is, which I'm 99% sure is the same as the kube so you should be stylin

That sounds like a good plan! The HexNail and KubeOne are both awesome so you won't be sorry either way. Glad you got ahold of Josh and got the shroud ordered; its definitely a monster size wise compared with the stock shroud. It has to be, so it can fit around the awesome & massive AugustHaus coil! August has always shipped me my stuff incredibly fast, as well; so I doubt you'll have to wait very long for your coil. Let us know what you think/how the coil works out please? I think you're going to be one happy vaper!
@ensabbahnur I paid $75shipped.
@Kalikron so you have a HexNail and a Kube?? If so can you tell me if the August coil will work with the HexNail?

brucee10

I can't wait to see this shroud and coil setup!

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Hex Nail With 30mm Liger with SiC insert and PID presets is the best dab I have ever experienced.
xMa30DS_d.jpg

Kalikron

@Kalikron so you have a HexNail and a Kube?? If so can you tell me if the August coil will work with the HexNail?
I do have both! But unfortunately my HexNail is down at the moment; most likely a coil failure (hopefully), but I messaged today and I'm sure it will be handled fast. Actually though I've never wanted to "cross the streams" due to the warranties.(meaning I've never used an August coil on the Hex or vice versa) They're both very generous and I'd hate to void them if there were any issue to arise from it. But I can definitely understand most people want the "best of both worlds"; and for whatever reason, buying both controllers isn't an option. They both truly are great setups. I got lucky and received my HexNail as a Christmas gift from my wife and bought the KubeOne while I was waiting for my HexNail to arrive.
I can't wait to see this shroud and coil setup!
I posted a pic earlier in the thread on my JebbGlass Castle (when I originally posted about this custom coil) and posted pics of the differing shrouds. I'll post a function vid later; more than likely. However, if you have any specific concerns or want to see any specific pics/angles etc of the setup then just PM me and I can send you pics or whatever you need....
Have you noticed any differences between the two controllers with regard to performance?
Do you have a preference?
Did you get a chance to try the AugustHaus custom Liger coil with the Hex-Nail?
What woods did you get?

:peace:

@alittledabwilldoya' heres a reply so fast it's coming before your question(s)!

1. They both perform awesomely! They both offer real time temp tracking, glob mode, touch screen operation, beautiful woods, & they're both tier 1 build quality. The Hex has the onboard touch screen and tuning capabilities for multiple nail owners. The Kube has the LED display stand light show and uses Bluetooth for a connection to a touch screen interface. So it just depends on which you prefer really...however if you're not ever going to own any nail other than a liger then I'd have to reccomend the KubeOne; solely because you won't need the tuning capability of the HexNail (since you only use one nail).
2. I wish I could make it easier for everyone and say, "This one is better because...." but really they're both amazing gear and it's too close for me to call...
3. No, as I stated before; due to warranty concerns (and no real reason to risk it) I haven't tried to use my coils from August on the Hex. He suggested against it specifically due to the higher power requirements of his coils vs standard size/material flat coils. However he didn't say it wouldn't work...so I'm curious myself to know. Might be handy info to have for me as well someday down the road; and would definitely make choosing easier for some people. I wish I could help. But my Hex is down right now anyway unfortunately
4. I got the "Mahogany" wood for my HexNail and it's beautiful; for the KubeOne I was lucky and I have a custom. It's a "white oak burl"

I hope this helps some and I answered your questions? I'd love to help however and whoever that I can...
Throw me a like or two here and there though; if you like what you read. Cuz I'm a (relatively) newer guy still and I want those trophy points too!! :tup:

Last edited:

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
I do have both! But unfortunately my HexNail is down at the moment; most likely a coil failure (hopefully), but I messaged today and I'm sure it will be handled fast. Actually though I've never wanted to "cross the streams" due to the warranties. They're both very generous and I'd hate to void them if there were any issue to arise from it. But I can definitely understand most people want the "best of both worlds"; and for whatever reason, buying both controllers isn't an option. They both truly are great setups. I got lucky and received my HexNail as a Christmas gift from my wife and bought the KubeOne while I was waiting for my HexNail to arrive.

Have you noticed any differences between the two controllers with regard to performance?
Do you have a preference?
Did you get a chance to try the AugustHaus custom Liger coil with the Hex-Nail?
What woods did you get?

:peace:

Hogni

Josh should offer these CCA customized coils himself if they are so good as you told!?

What's about the collab between Josh and HexNail? Still working? Two collabs or did he change to Augusthaus?

Hogni,

Hogni

The Augusthaus is really a very interesting and nice device for sure. But sorry, personally I'm hating all those i-stuff popping up all around! Modern schnick-schnack! I don't have even a smartphone. Why buying a device where I've to need a 2nd device for controlling? What's about the case if you loose or mislay your smartphone or it's empty?
Sitting in front of your nice controller and you can't use it - as an additional option ok, but controlling only by phone - pretty weird or better "UNCIVILIZED" IMHO. Just my :2c:
But to each his own - enjoy it - really! :wave:

ItWasaGoodDre

Do we need to put together a group order of these? If I was going to design a cap this is almost exactly what I had in mind. The bottom nipple doesn't need to be long at all. And if it's spherical it should fit all three size buckets; you'll just have more "action" on the bigger sizes. Is the colored piece a different material? I'm down for just clear.

I sent in my flat coil Liger to Weirdeer and he should have a proper cap for the 30mm dialed in fairly quickly. I will have an extra one to get rid of if anyone is interested.

Danksta

Anyone know if the August coils could be made to work on a High5 box or an Auber? Those coils look killer but I'm not interested in buying a new pricey box just to use them. He would sell more coils if he made them work for the boxes many of us already own.

Last edited:

Peter Nincompoop