CCA Liger banger V3.0

turk

turk
...i wouldn't negate him entirely....sometimes you just need a break from us.....:rockon:....me too!...cheers brother..

turk,
Reactions: Hogni

YabbaDABBAdo

Has anyone tried the terp tuner XL on the 30mm I was lucky enough to get the dimensions for it
"The coin tuners( terp tuner xl) are 40mm outer diameter with an inner diameter of 19mm and from where the tip of the directional spout is to the resting spot of the nail is just under 12mm roughly" from terptuner in IG is this a possibility for a cap,

I do think the cap by weirdeergalss seems to looks good although I agree the spout needs to be a little narrower and possibility angled a bit

Also now thinking about getting the 20

YabbaDABBAdo,
Reactions: Kalikron

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Still waiting to hear about getting the blue Liger I ordered, but in the meantime I've really been enjoying testing Ole Purple out on various glass.

An item I've been using daily is my Ironland heat resistant glove. It's rated to 660F and I can hold the 555 degree Liger right over the coil for up to a minute or so as I leisurely take it off one piece and put it on another. The glove really make it easy to handle the Liger and if it should ever end up on the floor while hot, at least I have a glove handy to grab it before it combusts...hopefully.

NYC5IKH5jabi

Quick question. Is the original flat coil bucket liger not 30mm? Is the 30mm size not shown on the website? I feel confused. I placed an order for a flat coil bucket but now I'm thinking I should have ordered this 30mm everyone is talking about.

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
When people throw around "30mm", they're talking about the diameter of the flat coil bucket's insert.

Marihuana,

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Put myself down for one of the 20mm obsidians, choked a bit on the price but technology right? Pretty much over the 30mm until a proper cap emerges that can get it to chug anywhere near the 20s I've tried OG Terptrunk, new terptrunk, storm cell 3 and hurricane 3, gordo riptide, local tahoe blower mille and the mobius directional and they all barely work on the 30 with the storm cell being sadly the best so far and the mobius being by far the best for the 20s (much much better than the riptide on the 20, which is prolly the second best I've found for the 20) the bubbles people are commissioning look good but I'm almost certain the final air spout needs to be way shorter for the 30mm or it'll bottom out in the dish, maybe just a straight hole with no spout neck as the bubble design will be directional even without a spout

I shared this message and the other comments about the low pro bubble cap for the 30mm with @Wierdeerglass to make sure he knows what people want and like.

YabbaDABBAdo

Quick question. Is the original flat coil bucket liger not 30mm? Is the 30mm size not shown on the website? I feel confused. I placed an order for a flat coil bucket but now I'm thinking I should have ordered this 30mm everyone is talking about.

When people throw around "30mm", they're talking about the diameter of the flat coil bucket's insert.

@NYC5IKH5jabi The flat coil bucket/30mm is the same! I could see a little confusion it's really just personal preference, but on the website it says the specs of each bucket and what coil fits what bucket under info/specs. So you ordered the right one

@Marihuana The term 30 mm for the bucket is from the size of the coil/type of coil I.e. The 16mm is for a 16mm coil and the 20 is for the 20 mm coil and flat mm because that is the diameter of the coil itself. And if you scroll up the dimensions of the 30 mm/flat liger are posted in this forum that's what're they get the name

Was posted earlier in the forum by @Danksta
I got this info from Josh last week

Specs on the Liger:

O.D. – 38mm

I.D. – 30mm

Internal Depth – 23mm

-

Specs w/ Insert installed:

Top I.D. – 30mm (for depth of 12mm)

Last edited:
What is the durability of the SiC insert like? I have the sapphire insert and it's developing little cracks in the exterior, like, in the inside of the glass. I'm treating it really well, never getting it wet when it's hot, and q-tipping regularly.

I just ordered the new SiC - is it more durable?

scalescliffs,
Reactions: mutten840

Monsoon

What is the durability of the SiC insert like? I have the sapphire insert and it's developing little cracks in the exterior, like, in the inside of the glass. I'm treating it really well, never getting it wet when it's hot, and q-tipping regularly.

I just ordered the new SiC - is it more durable?
I use mine nearly daily for 7 months, no issues.

Monsoon

Yea the new hurrricane cap with 1 hole and the 30mm, it's happend to me 5/6 times now since Saturday I am a constant user yet I keep my shit clean I wipe the cap after every few hit and qitp the hell outta it and have cleaned it 3 times now since sat when I got it , if my comment came off wrong my apologies, they have been working with me pretty well some missed messages due to time zone and life but , I have sent them pics and told them it seals up like it was welded shut and I had to take he whole nail off while still warm and knock the hell outta it on the table Enough to gouge a wooden table through a goo mat for it to break free,tried heat treat ISO ect nothing they stated from one of the pics the intake tube might stick out a little bit just far enough to catch the cap but if that were the case I think it would gouge the cap from me banging it and it's smooth. I'm not sure what the problem is
That reminds me a lot of my Sublimator v1, one time it never came unstuck. It always happened when I inserted a hot top into a cool base. I'm guessing they need to fix the angles a bit so it seals without sealing too well.

I also just pre-ordered the Obsidian insert. I expect delays but I just watch to be in the first batch and it can get here when it gets here.

Monsoon,

ItWasaGoodDre

I shared this message and the other comments about the low pro bubble cap for the 30mm with @Wierdeerglass to make sure he knows what people want and like.

I spoke with Wierdeer and in order to get a truly accurate cap, he needs a flat coil Liger to work from. I will be shipping mine out to him on Monday and he says he should only need it for a day or two to make the caps. I will be getting a second cap, so if anyone is interested I will have one available (price tbd).

Have any other flat coil Liger owners out there experienced that the joint itself is not air tight?

I don't have that issue at all with my 20mm, but I am told that this happens with 30mm from time to time. Seems strange though. Don't know why that would be an issue with the flat coil only as the joint itself is essentially the same on both.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I spoke with Wierdeer and in order to get a truly accurate cap, he needs a flat coil Liger to work from. I will be shipping mine out to him on Monday and he says he should only need it for a day or two to make the caps. I will be getting a second cap, so if anyone is interested I will have one available (price tbd).

Have any other flat coil Liger owners out there experienced that the joint itself is not air tight?

I don't have that issue at all with my 20mm, but I am told that this happens with 30mm from time to time. Seems strange though. Don't know why that would be an issue with the flat coil only as the joint itself is essentially the same on both.

No issues with mine. i have 3 full setups, with 2 extra joint adapters for a total of about 16 variants if my math is right and have mixed and matched everything to see how everything works together and the air seals on the air tubes and the joint adapters are about as tight as you could possibly expect when they are screwed in completely (this is with both 20 and 30s), however due to the way the threads are produced, every air tube, bucket and joint I have varies the point at which the thread grabs and only certain combos of buckets and pipes can be used to get a straight 90 degree from the floor with enough pipe backed out to allow the storm cell on the 30 and the riptide on the 20 to fit......so if you have to leave the pipe or joint adapter loose to make the bucket flat....then i could see some air loss for sure

herbivore21

This is a known issue with a batch of sapphire inserts. I have experienced the same and know of at least another 2 cases. Josh is aware of this issue and will make it right if it is the issue I am talking about. Get in touch with him bro! I am surprised to not have seen this mentioned here sooner actually!

Been Vapin

Fringe Class

Awesome work dude!:clap:

Been Vapin,
Reactions: Kalikron

ItWasaGoodDre

No issues with mine. i have 3 full setups, with 2 extra joint adapters for a total of about 16 variants if my math is right and have mixed and matched everything to see how everything works together and the air seals on the air tubes and the joint adapters are about as tight as you could possibly expect when they are screwed in completely (this is with both 20 and 30s), however due to the way the threads are produced, every air tube, bucket and joint I have varies the point at which the thread grabs and only certain combos of buckets and pipes can be used to get a straight 90 degree from the floor with enough pipe backed out to allow the storm cell on the 30 and the riptide on the 20 to fit......so if you have to leave the pipe or joint adapter loose to make the bucket flat....then i could see some air loss for sure

The actual joint itself (the L-shaped piece), without the bucket on it, is not air tight. Plug one end and blow into the other end and a small but significant amount of air comes out of. So no matter how much threading I use to screw on the bucket, it is still not air tight. This does not seem right to me.

This is a known issue with a batch of sapphire inserts. I have experienced the same and know of at least another 2 cases. Josh is aware of this issue and will make it right if it is the issue I am talking about. Get in touch with him bro! I am surprised to not have seen this mentioned here sooner actually!

I sent a note - thanks for the insight brother, that would be cool if I could get sorted out somehow. Feeling shitty about it because I'm being REALLY careful. @mutten840 called it. It's cracking and I didn't even do anything. :(

The actual joint itself (the L-shaped piece), without the bucket on it, is not air tight. Plug one end and blow into the other end and a small but significant amount of air comes out of. So no matter how much threading I use to screw on the bucket, it is still not air tight. This does not seem right to me.

When you dab is any coming out the sides? I can't comment about my setup initially but I'm sure resin will plug the holes up quickly. I don't know that a slight amount of air 'leak' is a problem if your vapor isn't like, clearly exhausting out of the holes.

I have several setups all airtight. This is not right. Contact CS

I got the 30mm same time as you and I can confirm that mine is air tight, no leakage at all.

ItWasaGoodDre

I have several setups all airtight. This is not right. Contact CS

I knew my instincts on this were right. There is no way that even a bit of air leakage should be ok, especially with a heating area as big as the flat coil.

Already have an open case with CS, but haven't heard back.

ItWasaGoodDre,

herbivore21

I sent a note - thanks for the insight brother, that would be cool if I could get sorted out somehow. Feeling shitty about it because I'm being REALLY careful. @mutten840 called it. It's cracking and I didn't even do anything. :(
No problem man, glad to be any assistance. It definitely had me bummed too until it was clear to me that this was a manufacturing defect. The cracking did not start on any outer surface of the sapphire insert, it was actually cracked inside the sapphire! I hope to hear that you have been hooked up with replacement sapphire sooner than later brother :peace:

herbivore21,
Reactions: turk
Top Bottom