CCA Liger banger V3.0

Danksta

I agree with you about the CS, but I own a Liger V3 with SiC insert and all I can say is it is worth all the hassle once you actually have it. CS issues aside its quite simply the best nail I have ever used and I have been on straight concentrates for 8 years and tried too many nails to name, hell when I started skillets were a thing and bangers didnt exist, lol.

It is wonderful once you get it. It really pained me to cancel the 20mm via paypal as I wanted to try that. Thankfully my message was received. I wouldn't have stuck around so long if I didn't think the product was great. Thanks @CCA710 for making things right for me.

GodfatherScar1376

Hey there all, just joined the site simply for this thread. I recently broke the quartz nail that came with my 16mm enail, and found the liger appealing due to the fact that is a banger style (means i could more than likely use my directional cap on the 16mm), TI so it will never break from a drop, and inserts. I got quite a few questions.

1. Whats the weight of this sucker? Okay for 14mm males/females without tipping? Just got a custom Mobius minibeak and wanna make sure it won't tip over with this.
2. I'm not super good on cash but right now the 16mm is going for 100 without an insert, can I use the TI bucket now and get an insert after?
3.Whats the deal with the whole shipping issues? I read a few pages back and it seems all the people with problems were contacting Josh directly. Is the supply on CCA's site current, or is there still a wait time even though you can order immediately?

GodfatherScar1376,

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
I'm using the big ol 30mm on a 7" mini beak with a recessed joint at a 45 degree angle, works wonderfully. The key is to lock in your coil in such a way that would facilitate proper balance on a rig-to-rig basis. Pic related

yqowCIv.jpg

The bare titanium is definitely usable, though its real potential shows when you've got a dish on board.

You're gonna have to wait a minimum of two weeks if not longer depending on dish availability. Before dishes were available, I had my insertless nail sent to me within two weeks' time after having placed my order. Not sure what the situation is like right now but I believe Josh might be picking up some forward momentum.

By the way, your directional flow cap should work a lot better than CCA's ;)

Marihuana,
Reactions: 6079Smith
What temps are you guys using with your 30mm SiC setups?? Haven't used mine in months. Sapphire has me whipped!! Need a change!!

Cannabis Connoisseur,

Danksta

What temps are you guys using with your 30mm SiC setups?? Haven't used mine in months. Sapphire has me whipped!! Need a change!!

570-575 depending on material. I've found that spot to be just right for flavor and the vaporization I desire.

The Riptide cap also helps with the vaporization and flavor. My terp trunk still causes pooling and isn't as tasty.

Last edited:
Danksta,
570-575 depending on material. I've found that spot to be just right for flavor and the vaporization I desire.

The Riptide cap also helps with the vaporization and flavor. My terp trunk still causing pooling and isn't as tasty.
I was concerned the Riptide wouldn't fit the 30mm was i wrong? 575? I'll try but that was kind of hot last night. I'll let you know my findings. I really want a riptide just need to know it'll fit!! I found some pukinbeagle stevesizelove gordo caps but they wanted 500 for a fucking cap!!! The cap @stratisphere glass made went for 1050 though it kind of seemed worth it!!

Cannabis Connoisseur,

Danksta

I was concerned the Riptide wouldn't fit the 30mm was i wrong? 575? I'll try but that was kind of hot last night. I'll let you know my findings. I really want a riptide just need to know it'll fit!! I found some pukinbeagle stevesizelove gordo caps but they wanted 500 for a fucking cap!!! The cap @stratisphere glass made went for 1050 though it kind of seemed worth it!!
[/QUOTE]

575 too hot? Interesting. I've gone lower but then the vaporization suffers.

The Riptide isn't a perfect fit for the 30mm. It needs to be positioned right to work. It's easier to get right than the hurricane though. I personally think it was worth it for my use. It's not as user friendly as the terp trunk, but I much prefer it and only use my terp trunk for my quartz banger atm. The riptide flattens the dab making it harder to pool along the sides.

It's pretty cool how all these caps create different experiences. The Riptide truly rips, I feel the hits. The trunk is smoother but not as tasty.

Danksta,

Danksta

Did anybody try a Terptuner X as carb?

I'm very tempted to try it out myself but it just looks like a fancier terp trunk to me or am I wrong? I think the way it moves the vapor around is the same. That's the main reason I haven't pulled the trigger.

Those caps look sick. I'd be curious if someone has used the Terpturner X and the Terp Trunk and can share any differences in function they noticed.

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
I like the low to mid 500's (on the controller) if I want a slow, long, and flavorful rip. Upper 500's to 600 are great in terms of how quickly I get a satisfying amount of vapor, but it's not going to be as tasty as the lower temps. This is with the Terp Trunk, mind you.

I believe the Terp Tuner is pretty similar to the Terp Trunk in design, however the Tuner has this feature where the directional flow straw is a separate piece that swivels and can be detached independently from the cap. Gordo also did a rather fancy collab with Terp Tuner, combining the riptide and removable carb action.

antiburn

I've been running my Hex-Nail's coil at 545-550° for all of my concentrates on my 30mm/sic. I also often use the glob mode to uptemp for 15-30 seconds. Even without uptemping I find higher temps like >560-565° will burn to much of the oil. I find the flavor is best when my q-tips only become brown, not blackened, otherwise the hit doesn't have the same taste and becomes to harsh.

My hits are about the same with my Storm Cells or my Terp Trunk. I actually have to carb the top of the Terp Trunk with my finger a little if I want it as restricted as my Storm Cells.

Last edited:

papapotbelly

Welp, looks like any SIC quality control issues have worked themselves out!! Check out the latest insert from Josh.

This thing with a terp trunk over it, almost instantaneous dabs with really easy clean-up. Maybe 2-3x faster than my best insert from the last batch.

J8JgHIx.jpg

And now I can dab and shave at the same time!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Very good to hear that! Josh's new SiC supplier seems to have been the right choice.
Hope he will do so with his other unreliable suppliers - that could be the end with all unneccessary troubles the last months.

Hogni,

cubbies256

I have the 30mm and was wondering if you had to have one go to carb cap which one would it be. I'm currently using the hurricane and want to try something else but there is just a ton to choose from. Any help much appreciated.

cubbies256,

antiburn

Wow, that's shiny. The SIC insert I received in January is very smooth, but it's not shiny at all. It's actually kind of a flat gray which is only shiny if it has oil on it.

antiburn,
Welp, looks like any SIC quality control issues have worked themselves out!! Check out the latest insert from Josh.

This thing with a terp trunk over it, almost instantaneous dabs with really easy clean-up. Maybe 2-3x faster than my best insert from the last batch.

J8JgHIx.jpg

And now I can dab and shave at the same time!
Just got one of those in the mail too!

Cannabis Connoisseur,

Danksta

I have the 30mm and was wondering if you had to have one go to carb cap which one would it be. I'm currently using the hurricane and want to try something else but there is just a ton to choose from. Any help much appreciated.

The Terp Trunk. I like the Riptide better, but it has a slight learning curve. Anyone should be able to get a good dab with the Terp Trunk.

ReverendMobin

Hi guys!

New Liger buyer here - ordered a 20mm with SiC + hurricane master set last Tuesday, hoping to get a shipping notice soon. I've already got my High5 basic enail, and I've been using it with a titanium nail, and while I prefer quartz bangers, I already prefer the convenience of the enail. I do have a couple of questions that I'm still not 100% sure about after reading all 68 pages :)

1) Seems to be mixed opinions about hurricane or storm cell for the 20mm. What would people reccomend?
2) Is it always necessary to spread and tighten the coil? Is that just the design of the liger?

Last edited:
ReverendMobin,

GodfatherScar1376

I was always told that spreading the coil is a very bad thing for the coil's life. I figured that the v3.0s had the coils enclosed so that spreading it wasn't needed like the v2 needed.

Hey everyone I know this isn't really a thread for this, but since literally everyone in this thread 99% likely already owns an enail, I figured I'd ask here. My e nail is acting really weird. It can heat up to 300 at like 5 at a time, but once it gets past 300 or tries to go up fast, the controller goes nuts. After trying multiple times I think it's the coil dying, but I wanna be sure before I go blow $60 on a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
GodfatherScar1376,

ccchase420

TheCCC420 YouTuber
1) Seems to be mixed opinions about hurricane or storm cell for the 20mm. What would people reccomend?
2) Is it always necessary to spread and tighten the coil? Is that just the design of the liger?
i prefer the storm cell over the hurricane because i find it gets a tight seal like a stove lid whereas the hurricane just never quite feels snug enough for me. i do really like spinning/moving the hurricane on the liger vs. the storm cell though, the added density of the hurricane makes it more aesthetically pleasing to use.

there is a little wiggle room in the design of the liger for different brands of coils i think. the v3 just added a heat shield, so it would still be logical to spread the coil out for maximum coil to liger contact. i wasn't aware spreading the coil shortens its lifespan..mines been going strong for a long time now. enjoy your liger and start saving for that sapphire ;)

ItWasaGoodDre

Seriously guys, if you are looking for a carb cap for your Liger and aren't looking into Pukinbeagle style bubble caps, then you are seriously missing out on a game changer. It's the most efficient cap that I've found for my 20mm liger by a mile. I'm a huge advocate of the Chad Bro Terp Trunk (I'm proud to say I'm the one who turned this board on to them in the first place). I thought their performance for the price couldn't be beat. But the bubble cap (original design by Pukinbeagle) blows the Terp Trunk out of the water. It's literally like a little terp blaster! Pooling is zero issue, your hits will be larger and taste better. I promise you will not regret it. Chad Bro actually makes a boro version for $29.99 (DM his shop Heady Glass). It's a ridiculously good deal. And the things are insanely tough, I've dropped mine on my tile floor multiple times. It's the cap's design that makes it great, you can find a lot of variations out there.

*Next I've got my eye on a Gordo Scientific Riptide Bubble Cap! That joint seems truly next level...

ReverendMobin

Seriously guys, if you are looking for a carb cap for your Liger and aren't looking into Pukinbeagle style bubble caps, then you are seriously missing out on a game changer. It's the most efficient cap that I've found for my 20mm liger by a mile. I'm a huge advocate of the Chad Bro Terp Trunk (I'm proud to say I'm the one who turned this board on to them in the first place). I thought their performance for the price couldn't be beat. But the bubble cap (original design by Pukinbeagle) blows the Terp Trunk out of the water. It's literally like a little terp blaster! Pooling is zero issue, your hits will be larger and taste better. I promise you will not regret it. Chad Bro actually makes a boro version for $29.99 (DM his shop Heady Glass). It's a ridiculously good deal. And the things are insanely tough, I've dropped mine on my tile floor multiple times. It's the cap's design that makes it great, you can find a lot of variations out there.

*Next I've got my eye on a Gordo Scientific Riptide Bubble Cap! That joint seems truly next level...

I think I've found the bubble cap online: http://thesummit.bigcartel.com/product/chad-bros-thermal-cap. Just got an update from CCA that my 20mm should be shipping soon but the hurricane cap may be a couple of extra days. I think I'm going to order a bubble cap to start with - you can never have too much variety!

ReverendMobin,
Reactions: Danksta

papapotbelly

Darn you Dre, ordered!

Wifey's getting angry, Chad's getting rich, I'm just over here blowing oil puddles :D

papapotbelly,
Top Bottom