CCA Liger banger V3.0

Danksta

I vote for one hole. If the hole could be half the diameter it is now that would be great. 1 hole on the current Storm cell is still not restricted enough for good milk. I modified mine and it's working lovely.

Very happy to hear the hurricane is getting redone. That design has potential. I've gotten some really good dabs from it when I got the proper seal. If it was easier to get that seal it would be a really nice cap.

My issue with the dabbers isn't the length but the fact oil likes to run up on all of them. My dental tool dabber works so much better. Any thoughts on using a different metal? Or is the Ti quality causing that?

FWIW the adjuster on the hurricane creates a better seal than the one on the Storm. If you could get the Storm's adjuster to function and lock in tight like the hurricane you might be able to pull off having multiple holes.

Tiny holes, can't say that enough sorry.

Thanks for the update @CCA710. Glad to be along for the ride :cool:

Nil

Tiny holes, can't say that enough sorry.

Thanks for the update @CCA710. Glad to be along for the ride :cool:

I agree 1000% with the tiny holes. The aforementioned directional airflow "spinning top" style cap I use has a hole that is literally about 1mm or the diameter of wire used in a large standard paper clip.

Small holes like this = more pressure and a stronger airstream which literally pushes the dabs around when you spin the cap, a large hole(s) doesn't make enough pressure to physically agitate the dabs or enough vacuum.

Literally with a quartz banger that ~1mm size hole hits perfectly and feels the most efficient out of any cap I've used. Literally a toothpick would not fit in this hole and it's PERFECT.

I could never see myself using the 2-4 holes either as with any cap I've used including titanium ones I prefer only one small hole and have used JB weld or toothpicks to plug up the other holes and every time I did this my dabs were more efficient, milked up better and left less dabs pooled up on the nail at the end of the hit.

I measured said hole with my caliper just now and it is right at ~1mm.

Last edited:
Nil,
Reactions: Danksta

herbivore21

Hey everyone! I owe you guys an apology.. I genuinely intended to make posting a regular habit to keep you up to date. I have been very overwhelmed and and slowly making headway and finally seeing the light at the end.

1st off I'd like to make 1 thing VERY clear: I 100% stand by my products/designs. If you got something you are not happy with PLEASE do not hesitate to send an email to: Contact@CCA710.com - I promise you will be satisfied in the end!

I am taking immediate steps to fix all QC issues, while simultaneously massively improving the quality of the products (tolerances/fit, surface polish level, etc.).

This is being done now via the following steps:
1) My new business partner is taking over the supply management
2) Vetting and moving production to more local companies (so we have a closer relationship & direct feedback)
3) Moving forward with advanced polishing techniques that will eliminate ALL titanium burrs/defects while making it mirror smooth (easier to clean and more inert)
4) Moving ALL Titanium production in house so I have 100% control from start to finish!

I am also taking steps to improve customer service and will be expanding my team to help eliminate all wait on emails! I sincerely apologize for the slow response time currently, it was/is completely unacceptable. I have been juggling emails and helping to get orders out in a timely manner; unfortunately it has not been working as orders are only increasing every week.

---

As for some of the common complaints:

A) ALL dabbers are being extended by approx 1cm (will be the same general length as the D-nail Fork Dabber) [this included the Skeleton Handle, normally included with the master sets]

B) The Hurricane cap is being redesigned to have only 1 radius. (think a half hollow globe; or a bowl shape). It will also be much smaller/minimalist vs the current design.

C) Air Flow Adjust: I have had a lot of mixed opinions on this; some absolutely love it, some hate it. I have considered a couple options and would love to get your guy's opinion!
- 1) Eliminate the 4 hole adjust, and make it only 2 holes. This would mean there is still an air flow adjust but it will only have 3 holes in it (allowing for 2 settings: 2 holes open or 1 hole open)
or 2) Eliminate the Air Flow Adjust entirely and go back to a single hole (simple, straight-forward, and would make the caps cheaper ;))

- Where I personally stand: I liked the idea of the air flow adjust, but have been disappointed with the function. I have been working on some new ideas for an adjust that will allow for a much more precise adjustment. Therefore I am personally leaning towards option 2) Eliminate the Air Flow Adjust; until I can implement the new air adjust design.

---

I want to extend my thanks to all of you here on FuckCombustion for your genuine feedback and critiques! I only have a desire to improve as much as possible. Your honest reviews, both good and bad, are worth their weight in gold to me!
Please continue to be patient with me as this is a massive learning experience and I will continue to strive to bring the very best service I possibly can! I know there will always be issues/problems/speed bumps in the road and I have faith that you all will help me recognize these areas so I can address them. I am simply a man who love to dab and I want everyone else to be able to enjoy it as much as I do everyday!

Your humble servant,

Josh
Great to hear you have found a partner and are rearranging the load so that you are not so overwhelmed brother! I really look forward to seeing the burrs and machining issues dealt with. TBH, I am gonna need to reach out to you about a part or two that really should be replaced when the final versions are made (storm cell cap, new dabber handles) and am super happy to hear that you are lengthening the dabber handles too!

For the adjustable airflow - especially if it makes the product cheaper - abandon it IMO. anything that provides a cumulative airflow into the bucket that is a larger opening than the bucket intake into the rig is going to direct vapor upwards. I have experienced this with all settings but the single hole setting does it least by far. I believe the adjustable airflow nut is leaking vapor on my unit and IIRC, @Danksta had the same issue. The smaller the top intake, the stronger the pressure flow into the rig. We also should have the carb use a diagonal hole coming into the bucket so that the airflow can move around the dab on the dish without moving the cap around.

The biggest downside of my experience with the Ligers is that the vaporization is much slower/less cloudy than on the dnail halos and I believe the cap function is no small part of this.

We've discussed our thoughts on the hurricane cap of course, glad to see this is getting a redesign! Please also consider ditching the adjustable airflow here too :)

Thanks for coming back and letting everybody know that you are making progress, I was beginning to worry about ya man! Glad to hear that the top priority is getting new people where they need to be and taking control of QC/ti manufacturing brother :D I hate to think how expensive/time consuming it must be for you to keep on having issues with the titanium people while trying to meet all of this demand!

All the best going forward my friend :peace:

PoopMachine

Hey everyone! I owe you guys an apology.. I genuinely intended to make posting a regular habit to keep you up to date. I have been very overwhelmed and and slowly making headway and finally seeing the light at the end.

1st off I'd like to make 1 thing VERY clear: I 100% stand by my products/designs. If you got something you are not happy with PLEASE do not hesitate to send an email to: Contact@CCA710.com - I promise you will be satisfied in the end!

I am taking immediate steps to fix all QC issues, while simultaneously massively improving the quality of the products (tolerances/fit, surface polish level, etc.).

This is being done now via the following steps:
1) My new business partner is taking over the supply management
2) Vetting and moving production to more local companies (so we have a closer relationship & direct feedback)
3) Moving forward with advanced polishing techniques that will eliminate ALL titanium burrs/defects while making it mirror smooth (easier to clean and more inert)
4) Moving ALL Titanium production in house so I have 100% control from start to finish!

I am also taking steps to improve customer service and will be expanding my team to help eliminate all wait on emails! I sincerely apologize for the slow response time currently, it was/is completely unacceptable. I have been juggling emails and helping to get orders out in a timely manner; unfortunately it has not been working as orders are only increasing every week.

---

As for some of the common complaints:

A) ALL dabbers are being extended by approx 1cm (will be the same general length as the D-nail Fork Dabber) [this included the Skeleton Handle, normally included with the master sets]

B) The Hurricane cap is being redesigned to have only 1 radius. (think a half hollow globe; or a bowl shape). It will also be much smaller/minimalist vs the current design.

C) Air Flow Adjust: I have had a lot of mixed opinions on this; some absolutely love it, some hate it. I have considered a couple options and would love to get your guy's opinion!
- 1) Eliminate the 4 hole adjust, and make it only 2 holes. This would mean there is still an air flow adjust but it will only have 3 holes in it (allowing for 2 settings: 2 holes open or 1 hole open)
or 2) Eliminate the Air Flow Adjust entirely and go back to a single hole (simple, straight-forward, and would make the caps cheaper ;))

- Where I personally stand: I liked the idea of the air flow adjust, but have been disappointed with the function. I have been working on some new ideas for an adjust that will allow for a much more precise adjustment. Therefore I am personally leaning towards option 2) Eliminate the Air Flow Adjust; until I can implement the new air adjust design.

---

I want to extend my thanks to all of you here on FuckCombustion for your genuine feedback and critiques! I only have a desire to improve as much as possible. Your honest reviews, both good and bad, are worth their weight in gold to me!
Please continue to be patient with me as this is a massive learning experience and I will continue to strive to bring the very best service I possibly can! I know there will always be issues/problems/speed bumps in the road and I have faith that you all will help me recognize these areas so I can address them. I am simply a man who love to dab and I want everyone else to be able to enjoy it as much as I do everyday!

Your humble servant,

Josh

You're the man, Josh!!

PoopMachine,
Reactions: mutten840

hardboiledfrog

tinkerer
I vote for one hole. If the hole could be half the diameter it is now that would be great. 1 hole on the current Storm cell is still not restricted enough for good milk. I modified mine and it's working lovely.

I agree 1000% with the tiny holes. The aforementioned directional airflow "spinning top" style cap I use has a hole that is literally about 1mm or the diameter of wire used in a large standard paper clip.

We also should have the carb use a diagonal hole coming into the bucket so that the airflow can move around the dab on the dish without moving the cap around.

^ all of This^
I'm using a single 0.040" hole on my cap and it works real well, much better than I could get with the storm cell or the hurricane.

ReggieHaze

I agree to scrapping the adjustable airflow at least for now. I like the idea, as do my friends, but we all agree that anything adjustable and fully sealed would probably be too intricate and therefor expensive and more prone to machining defects.

The orb hurricane idea seems promising, but I also agree it will probably need to be held in place.

I currently have the v3 flat coil liger and after getting through the learning process I agree with others that machining aside the lackluster pressurisation from the current carb caps is the weak link. I've never owned dnail for full disclosure but I have friends who have and really like my setup now. I for one love it and can't wait for my sic insert.

So that's my 2cents, and for anyone out there getting impatient or being turned off by people's complaints on this forum, this really was/is a case of overwhelming unexpected demand met with extremely bad luck with manufacturing and lack of staff to deal with it all. If you get a liger you will be happy in the end one way or another I promise.

P.S. You're the man Josh! Sorry I ever doubted you.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I don't know if the few having issues here not getting performance have actually faulty Ligers or just need a setup tweak. BUT I can tell you honestly that you should be able to get as thick and cloudy, or thin and tasty as you like it with either the 20 or flat coil Liger setup. Turn it up and you can take hot , thick dabs that will destroy any of my awesome torch nails. If I turn it down I can get super tasty hit even better than my Thermal P quartz. As far as getting good dabs I can get excellent dabs off of any of the 20 different style torch bangers. a few excel (thermal p) but they are all quite good if you use a timer ;), my halos rock (I have sic and quartz only), my Turtle style quartz bangers work well, My Happy Daddy, Boss, and Omni Ti nails hits like a beast, BUT next to all of these I get better all around performance off of my Ligers than I do the others. And not just 1 , any of them? Although huge dabs suffer in the 16mm, the 20 and 30mm handle them like a champ. And even going back to the V2 I found the performance good enough to take the daily driver position for me.
I have yet to see someone post a negative comment on any of my Liger videos saying it looked "wispy" or it looked like it was under performing? So unless I CGI all of my dab videos it should be pretty obvious that a wonderfully performing Liger is the norm unless there is something wrong.

As far as the Shill thing all I can tell you that most people here are active on several threads on FC, I call them like I see them and I am only here to help as are others that I know on FC.
I spend more than the average person on meds, most of which goes to high end terp filled concentrates. And for me I BY FAR get the most out of my concentrates in every way with the Liger. That's why I direct my friends that way, not because I tested the product? The 20mm V3 with Sapphire insert and the Hurricane cap is still my fav. A little dab will vaporize into a huge almost choking, thick tasty cloud. I get complete vaporization and full flavor. I do play with other carb caps and when I drop globs (very rarely) I do like a cap like the bubble cap that blows it around for a while. But at that point I am taking it in about 5 hits and choking and drooling on myself :whoa:

I don't know if the issue some are having are from faulty, poorly machined Ti? Or the users being new to enails in general? Or perhaps coil or controller issues? First of all I think people don't think a lot. Like when people are worried about the temp that there actual controller is set to? Why would anyone care about that, when if you think about it rationally you will realize the only thing that should concern you is the temp of your dab surface. These cheap coils last a pretty good while. And whether you need to set the coil temp to 575 or 725 to get your dab surface to exactly the same temp...It's still exactly the same temp? I find I have to set the 16mm and the 30mm a little higher than the 20mm to get the dab surface the same temp but the coils don't mind a bit. In fact I have yet to burn out a single enail coil in all of my time testing and using all of this stuff.

I have been spending quite a lot of time with the 30mm now and once I get my surface temp to my desired range it performs very well. Right there with the 20mm in fact! I am more impressed with the 30mm than ever. I do like my glass carb cap with it a lot with the 1 big hole but I get slightly cloudier dabs from the CCA caps as you can see in the videos.

I guess since it's hard to put into words how good of a dab you got, What I can offer is instructional and comparison videos. If you tell me your exact setup, I will replicate it at home. I will take a video of it and post it for you and you can compare and ask yourself "does mine hit as well as that exact setup"? and if you decide that yours isn't up to par than we can trouble shoot your issue. It could be a simple setup error, a faulty coil, or a faulty Liger? But whatever it is that seems like a way we could get to the bottom of things while taking the SPECULATION out of the picture. That way YOU can decide whether you think the performance of a properly set up Liger is good or not with your own eyes. If you think my Liger dab is better than your Liger dab we can probably correct it for you with a little trouble shooting. If you think the performance in my videos sucks then I want to use what you are using instead of a Liger too! Clue me in and let me start using it as my daily driver instead?

I have yet to see a negative comment about a weak dab on any of my Liger videos, probably because mine all kick ass. Let's get all of yours performing there as well!

Last edited:

DatFire

Wut happened to dat skunk?
I don't know if the few having issues here not getting performance have actually faulty Ligers or just need a setup tweak. BUT I can tell you honestly that you should be able to get as thick and cloudy, or thin and tasty as you like it with either the 20 or flat coil Liger setup. Turn it up and you can take hot , thick dabs that will destroy any of my awesome torch nails. If I turn it down I can get super tasty hit even better than my Thermal P quartz. As far as getting good dabs I can get excellent dabs off of any of the 20 different style torch bangers. a few excel (thermal p) but they are all quite good if you use a timer ;), my halos rock (I have sic and quartz only), my Turtle style quartz bangers work well, My Happy Daddy, Boss, and Omni Ti nails hits like a beast, BUT next to all of these I get better all around performance than I do off of my Ligers. And not just 1 , any of them? Although huge dabs suffer in the 16mm, the 20 and 30mm handle them like a champ. And even going back to the V2 I found the performance good enough to take the daily driver position for me.
I have yet to see someone post a negative comment on any of my Liger videos saying it looked "wispy" or it looked like it was under performing? So unless I CGI all of my dab videos it should be pretty obvious that a wonderfully performing Liger is the norm.

As far as the Shill thing all I can tell you that most people here are active on several threads on FC, I call them like I see them and I am only here to help as are others that I know on FC.
I spend more than the average person on meds, most of which goes to high end terp filled concentrates. And for me I BY FAR get the most out of my concentrates in every way with the Liger. That's why I steer my friends that way, not because I tested the product? The 20mm V3 with Sapphire insert and the Hurricane cap is still my fav. A little dab will vaporize into a huge almost choking, thick tasty cloud. I get complete vaporization and full flavor. I do play with other carb caps and when I drop globs (very rarely) I do like a cap like the bubble cap that blows it around for a while. But at that point I am taking it in about 5 hits and choking and drooling on myself :whoa:

I don't know if the issue some are having are from faulty, poorly machined Ti? Or the users being new to enails in general? Or perhaps coil or controller issues? First of all I think people don't think a lot. Like when people are worried about the temp that there actual controller is set to? Why would anyone care about that, when if you think about it rationally you will realize the only thing that should concern you is the temp of your dab surface. These cheap coils last a pretty good while. And whether you need to set the coil temp to 575 or 725 to get your dab surface to exactly the same temp...It's still exactly the same temp? I find I have to set the 16mm and the 30mm a little higher than the 20mm to get the dab surface the same temp but the coils don't mind a bit. In fact I have yet to burn out a single enail coil in all of my time testing and using all of this stuff.

I have been spending quite a lot of time with the 30mm now and once I get my surface temp to my desired range it performs very well. Right there with the 20mm in fact! I am more impressed with the 30mm than ever. I do like my glass carb cap with it a lot with the 1 big hole but I get slightly cloudier dabs from the CCA caps as you can see in the videos.

I guess since it's hard to put into words how good of a dab you got, What I can offer is instructional and comparison videos. If you tell me your exact setup, I will replicate it at home. I will take a video of it and post it for you and you can compare and ask yourself "does mine hit as well as that exact setup"? and if you decide that yours isn't up to par than we can trouble shoot your issue. It could be a simple setup error, a faulty coil, or a faulty Liger? But whatever it is that seems like a way we could get to the bottom of things while taking the SPECULATION out of the picture. That way YOU can decide whether you think the performance of a properly set up Liger is good or not with your own eyes.
I have yet to see a negative comment about a weak dab on any of my Liger videos, probably because mine all kick ass. Let's get all of yours performing there as well!
LOL yeah I've never used an enail and I don't think! No wonder it don't work ;) If only I was smart like you, the threads would fix themselves, the caps would fit, the stars would align, and alas CCA would answer an email.

First the 20mm was the greatest nail ever invented, now OMG it's the 30mm! What a surprise!

DatFire,
Reactions: Danksta

Baron23

LOL yeah I've never used an enail and I don't think! No wonder it don't work ;) If only I was smart like you, the threads would fix themselves, the caps would fit, the stars would align, and alas CCA would answer an email.

First the 20mm was the greatest nail ever invented, now OMG it's the 30mm! What a surprise!
Wow...what a response to @mrbonsai420 continued offer to help. Sure wish we had a dislike as well as a like button.

OC513

Dabaholic
I don't know if the few having issues here not getting performance have actually faulty Ligers or just need a setup tweak. BUT I can tell you honestly that you should be able to get as thick and cloudy, or thin and tasty as you like it with either the 20 or flat coil Liger setup. Turn it up and you can take hot , thick dabs that will destroy any of my awesome torch nails. If I turn it down I can get super tasty hit even better than my Thermal P quartz. As far as getting good dabs I can get excellent dabs off of any of the 20 different style torch bangers. a few excel (thermal p) but they are all quite good if you use a timer ;), my halos rock (I have sic and quartz only), my Turtle style quartz bangers work well, My Happy Daddy, Boss, and Omni Ti nails hits like a beast, BUT next to all of these I get better all around performance off of my Ligers than I do the others. And not just 1 , any of them? Although huge dabs suffer in the 16mm, the 20 and 30mm handle them like a champ. And even going back to the V2 I found the performance good enough to take the daily driver position for me.
I have yet to see someone post a negative comment on any of my Liger videos saying it looked "wispy" or it looked like it was under performing? So unless I CGI all of my dab videos it should be pretty obvious that a wonderfully performing Liger is the norm unless there is something wrong.

I spend more than the average person on meds, most of which goes to high end terp filled concentrates. And for me I BY FAR get the most out of my concentrates in every way with the Liger. That's why I direct my friends that way, not because I tested the product? The 20mm V3 with Sapphire insert and the Hurricane cap is still my fav. A little dab will vaporize into a huge almost choking, thick tasty cloud. I get complete vaporization and full flavor. I do play with other carb caps and when I drop globs (very rarely) I do like a cap like the bubble cap that blows it around for a while. But at that point I am taking it in about 5 hits and choking and drooling on myself :whoa:

I guess since it's hard to put into words how good of a dab you got, What I can offer is instructional and comparison videos. If you tell me your exact setup, I will replicate it at home. I will take a video of it and post it for you and you can compare and ask yourself "does mine hit as well as that exact setup"? and if you decide that yours isn't up to par than we can trouble shoot your issue. It could be a simple setup error, a faulty coil, or a faulty Liger? But whatever it is that seems like a way we could get to the bottom of things while taking the SPECULATION out of the picture. That way YOU can decide whether you think the performance of a properly set up Liger is good or not with your own eyes. If you think my Liger dab is better than your Liger dab we can probably correct it for you with a little trouble shooting. If you think the performance in my videos sucks then I want to use what you are using instead of a Liger too! Clue me in and let me start using it as my daily driver instead?

I for one appreciate your help around here, so thank you for it.
On another note I finally got my Liger with SiC dish up and running last night. Still playing with temps, I am around 575. Flavor is top notch, love the system, it looks badass. I just have an issue with my storm cell, my dabs (about rice grain size) dont fully vaporize. Its like a 3 hit process, 3 tasty hits, but I feel like that size dab should vaporize completely and quickly. Hopefully some more playing around will help me get it dialed in. Josh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get those longer dabbers up, I have big hands and this dabber is just way too small for my meat hooks. A dabber like a full inch longer would be ideal for me. I think they need to be longer than the HE or DNail dabbers because the CCA caps are much wider, so to not burn yourself on the edge of a hot cap a longer dabber would be much better, at least for me. I was thinking maybe you could make extensions in different lengths, so people could choose how long they want them. Then we could screw the bottom of our current dabber into the extension which would then screw into the carb cap. Just a thought that may work.

DatFire

Wut happened to dat skunk?
Wow...what a response to @mrbonsai420 continued offer to help. Sure wish we had a dislike as well as a like button.
He's suggesting that everyone with a problem is either stupid or ignorant. Yeah that's being nice. The dude posts one misleadung review after another for a company that rolled out a product before it was ready. But that's cool.

DatFire,

Danksta

To be fair that post from @mrbonsai420 comes off passive aggressive. This isn't the first time he's made fun of people who are having issues by calling them stupid. Comparing us to customgrow420 wasn't very nice.

I was over this, but then he made another post with passive aggressiveness...

Baron23

To be fair that post from @mrbonsai420 comes off passive aggressive. This isn't the first time he's made fun of people who are having issues by calling them stupid. Comparing us to customgrow420 wasn't very nice.

I was over this, but then he made another post with passive aggressiveness...

Ok, I didn't see where he called anyone stupid. I did see where he said:

First of all I think people don't think a lot.

Frankly, I pretty agree with this. In very broad and general terms, most people don't do much in the way of independent actual thought and rely almost exclusively on pre-conditioned reactions for day in/day out situations.

But this is really not my fight and I just should have stayed out of it...which I will do now.

Cheers

mutten840

Hey guys. You know what I did instead of waiting for Josh to make another cap. I went out and found shit that actually works with the 20 and 30 buckets. If you bought one of the caps and you are unhappy. Well think of all the other shit you have bought and tossed into the closet or got rid of. Josh is busy and has told us he is working on things. So what good does it do to continue to complain about the caps and the faults you see in them. I have both, don't use them. I voiced some opinions on my take and then posted many reviews on caps that worked and where to find them. The best one so far is the ball carb cap from Joda. It has full rotation without breaking seal and is very affordable since you will only need one.

So to me instead of dragging a kiddie pool out and filling it full of tears. How about we all agree the caps have issues and wait for more info. Unless you enjoy beating a dead dog :science:

toros23

I just have an issue with my storm cell, my dabs (about rice grain size) dont fully vaporize. Its like a 3 hit process, 3 tasty hits, but I feel like that size dab should vaporize completely and quickly.

I am also having the same issue, but being new to enails and dabbing wasn't sure if it was an issue or not. I find with the same amount of material and same surface temp (not controller temp) on my Halo sapphire, I get much more complete vaporization on the Halo setup with low-temp dabs. With Halo I get one huge tasty hit where with the Liger, I get one really nice hit and then a couple smaller ones to try to finish off.

I suspect the cap is the issue, so I blocked 3 of the 4 carb holes on the storm cap (underneath) and still get similar performance with a very tight seal. I am hesitant to spend another $50 on a 3rd party cap, but looks like that is what I will have to do to attempt to get the performance on par with the Halo. Or maybe it is the wicking surface on the Halo sapphire that does the trick and the Liger will never get there. I don't know but... must... keep.. testing...

Having said that, I still prefer the Liger. Mostly because it is so much easier to clean without having the crank up the heat.. Oh, and it is so damn sexy!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

I am not trying to sell you on anything, If you ask me for help on your happy daddy, Thermal P, Halo, QCB, Or Omni nail I will do my best to assist you there. As you will be able to get a great dab of of anything used properly and I also own all of those nails too.

And I still prefer the 20mm w/ sapphire. But if you can't get a great dab out of your 30mm I bet I could help you get there with a few tweaks? I don't get much into the trolling and battling back and forth. But I am very into the medical and recreational benefits of MMJ and concentrates in particular. If you need some help let me know your setup, and I will post a video of what it should look like. If yours isn't hitting like mine is , I bet we can get it to right? That was my way of thinking anyway.

So I guess I am confused, Is yours hitting like mine in the videos or are you getting less performance out of yours?

There is nothing wispy about this shit! :rockon:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOa1EpUhe8g/?taken-by=mrbonsai710&hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPQdSwuBhnB/?taken-by=mrbonsai710&hl=en

I for one appreciate your help around here, so thank you for it.
On another note I finally got my Liger with SiC dish up and running last night. Still playing with temps, I am around 575. Flavor is top notch, love the system, it looks badass. I just have an issue with my storm cell, my dabs (about rice grain size) dont fully vaporize. Its like a 3 hit process, 3 tasty hits, but I feel like that size dab should vaporize completely and quickly. Hopefully some more playing around will help me get it dialed in. Josh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get those longer dabbers up, I have big hands and this dabber is just way too small for my meat hooks. A dabber like a full inch longer would be ideal for me. I think they need to be longer than the HE or DNail dabbers because the CCA caps are much wider, so to not burn yourself on the edge of a hot cap a longer dabber would be much better, at least for me. I was thinking maybe you could make extensions in different lengths, so people could choose how long they want them. Then we could screw the bottom of our current dabber into the extension which would then screw into the carb cap. Just a thought that may work.

I agree with more length on the dab tools. a little longer would hit the spot and keep it a little cooler for sure!

That's a bit too low for me to get it all in one hit also. Sic temps are at least 50 degrees higher for me.

Have you tried inching your temps up a bit? I get the same experience around on the 20mm at 570, but at 610 I will get full vaporization in one hit. Sometimes I actually like it to take a few hits and be a little more mellow, but most of the time I am like you and want it all in one.
Try inching your temps up a little at a time until you get it to 1 hit territory and see if you like it better.
I found I am constantly moving mine for different concentrate types. I find the low to mid 600-650 range to hit better than 575 to me. Keep playing with your temps until you get it just right for you, coil mass and ambient temps can also play a role so keep tweaking it every dab until you are satisfied, you will find it.

I can't emphasize this enough, don't get hung up on coil temp. Now those few people with high end surface probes thermometers carry on but your coil temp and infrared thermometer doesn't mean much. I use the cheapest $40 coils around and they all have lasted for years whether you keep it at 500 or 750.
Just keep it at what hits and tastes best for you, don't pay too close attention to the actual number on your controler, it's just a starting point or a reference.

Last edited:

toros23

Thanks for offering to help with vids. For me personally, it is hard to get a gauge on performance when you are doing such large dabs. While fun to watch, not practical for my everyday medicating needs. Would love to see you do some smaller, low temp dabs on the 20mm sapphire/storm with a medium sized, clear rig for comparison purposes. I looked through your IG a while back but don't remember seeing anything like that.

OC513

Dabaholic
That's a bit too low for me to get it all in one hit also. Sic temps are at least 50 degrees higher for me.

Have you tried inching your temps up a bit? I get the same experience around on the 20mm at 570, but at 610 I will get full vaporization in one hit. Sometimes I actually like it to take a few hits and be a little more mellow, but most of the time I am like you and want it all in one.
Try inching your temps up a little at a time until you get it to 1 hit territory and see if you like it better.
I found I am constantly moving mine for different concentrate types. I find the low to mid 600-650 range to hit better than 575 to me. Keep playing with your temps until you get it just right for you, coil mass and ambient temps can also play a role so keep tweaking it every dab until you are satisfied, you will find it.

I can't emphasize this enough, don't get hung up on coil temp. Now those few people with high end surface probes thermometers carry on but your coil temp and infrared thermometer doesn't mean much. I use the cheapest $40 coils around and they all have lasted for years whether you keep it at 500 or 750.
Just keep it at what hits and tastes best for you, don't pay too close attention to the actual number on your controler, it's just a starting point or a reference.
Ok I will try inching up. I have been as high as 600 and will try that again this evening. Thanks for the pointers.

duckdown

optical
My Liger 3.0 is completely concrete-stuck together. The body and the bowl area, where the sheath is attached, and my poor High5 coil is held hostage inside, with the arm hanging out and everything

What the hell gives?

duckdown,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
My Liger 3.0 is completely concrete-stuck together. The body and the bowl area, where the sheath is attached, and my poor High5 coil is held hostage inside, with the arm hanging out and everything

What the hell gives?

If you find any parts are in a bind I find channel locks with a thin rag to protect the finish work well for all of the parts and lock nuts. Although usually I can use a rubber pot holder to grip it and get it by hand, Channel locks and a rag will get you a little leverage.

Monsoon

Going from the D-Nail HALO to the Liger v3 30mm I had to modify my dabbing method slightly to get better clouds. Right now I use a dabber to quickly spread the dab all over the surface then cap it and start pulling. With the HALO I could finish in 1-2 draws, with the Liger it's more like 3-6 depending on the size. I just leave the cap on the entire time and let the "dab cloud" build up again between inhales, taste doesn't change much either. You might need to draw faster or slower, will depend on your setup, just experiment until you get the results you want.

duckdown

optical
theres nothing to grip, its all round areas and my only choice would be squeeze the bejesus out of it with pliers.. it's literally the round body and round bowl area, with the high5 arm stuck completely hanging out

I'd also be very afraid of damaging my coil

I'm not sure what the hell to do here, I tried blasting it to 800 degrees and twisting it with oven safe gloves on and still nothing

If I can't get this unstuck I'm gonna have to mail this thing back with the high5 coil attached?

I don't want to risk fucking up my finish man

duckdown,

Monsoon

theres nothing to grip, its all round areas and my only choice would be squeeze the bejesus out of it with pliers.. it's literally the round body and round bowl area, with the high5 arm stuck completely hanging out

I'd also be very afraid of damaging my coil

I'm not sure what the hell to do here, I tried blasting it to 800 degrees and twisting it with oven safe gloves on and still nothing

If I can't get this unstuck I'm gonna have to mail this thing back with the high5 coil attached?

I don't want to risk fucking up my finish man

You'll want to line up the tips of the wrench with the grooved notches on the cap and then gently apply pressure while slowly turning counter-clockwise. Might take a few tries.

Monsoon,

duckdown

optical
This thing is toast, no luck, I'm sending off an email for warranty. I fear the coil is already damaged or bent from me twisting it in all different directions for an hour straight

Now I have no enail either since my coil is trapped inside..

Buyer beware IMO. This thing has the potential to malfunction while taking your entire enail coil with it

duckdown,

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.

Totally uncalled for response.
Someone takes the time to try and help you and that is not enough.
I think you should rethink this.

Top Bottom