• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CCA Liger banger V3.0

Baron23

@jwatttt I am not sure what you expected to achieve by coming here and telling us about how you tried to pull off a shady deal due to a flaw in the CCA website. If you have really read this thread, you wold have picked up that none of us would ever try to exploit a flaw to benefit when Josh would of probably hooked you up if you had been nicer(Didn't see your email to him, but based on your tone in the forum. It must not of been full of rainbows and puppy pictures) Also @Cannabis Connoisseur does not work with or for Liger and is just like the rest of us. A responsible and caring person that is not out to brag about how they found a way to cheat over a company. We are not about that and any of us would of reported the issue to him since we know he is just one guy trying to feed the masses Ligers. Lastly, In this thread you should of seen several responses about @mrbonsai420 being the person to speak to when you want/need info on your order or what Josh might have in stock or coming in. He also does not work for the company and is a beta tester that helps out purely because he cares(Like the rest of us) This forum is all about taking care of our own and if you came here cold and hungry. We would gladly feed and clothe you(Its a metaphor)
Instead you came in bragging and what seemed to be ready for a fight and no one really responds well to that here. The Sapphire insert is the most expensive item Josh sells and it is for a reason. He has it polished clear and when this is done. Imperfections will be visible and in turn lower the amount of flawless inserts being created. I have both the 20 and 30 and love them. The sad thing is, you will never understand how good they are until you try it for yourself. On a side note, the only other company that I know of that sells a sapphire insert. Sells theirs at 300 with no warranty.

I am now stepping off the soapbox and going back to my dark corner :science:
This ^^ is a great post. + 1M!!

@jwatttt The cost of the nail and the SiC insert is very well priced and there is nothing else you need to purchase from CCA beyond those items. The main thing you should of gleaned from this thread is people come in frustrated and we all do our best to turn their frowns around. 99% of the issues people have with the Liger are poor adjustment of the coil to the nail body. Once that has been corrected, they are all happy campers and in turn stop complaining. There has been a lot of complaints around the carb caps, but that is due to use cases and the 20mm bucket is really universal in what you can use as a carb cap. I personally have 2 Ligers (the 20 and 30) and paid full price and would gladly pay again. I am also one of the few that broke a Sapphire insert and ordered a replacement. I was willing to drop another 300 for a little insert. That should help you see it is not an overpriced piece of Sapphire :tup:
Take a dab and send a nice response to @mrbonsai420 and see if he can help sort the issue and just get the full nail and SiC insert for now. It will keep the price point down since the insert is only around 60 and is pretty indestructible. I have also offered many a FC member help with getting over the learning curve and at some point, if you get one. I would be more than happy to help you with getting it working as expected.

The hardest thing to do sometimes is see things in a positive light. But once achieved it will always elevate you above your frustrations

This ^^ is a great post also. +1M!

I've just heard a lot of talk on the forums of things not fitting properly, and it taking forever to get your products. People are saying these things have quality control issues in my eyes. Your correct I mis-spoke about the 800 dollar thing I accidentally had two nails in my cart which is why I thought so much but still some 670 dollars for the three inserts how the hell is sapphire 400 dollars for the insert its grown in a lab... d-nail quartz option only like 200 bucks why pay more for some unknown dude who has quality control issues.

Your terribly mean to laugh at someone less fortunate than yourself. You respond on here in 20 minutes, respond on your companies email never!

I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at your antics of being mad your "Glitch" didn't go through. And you know nothing about me to assume you're less fortunate than me. Lastly, I don't work for CCA LIGER OR ANYBODY FOR THAT MATTER SIR!:popcorn:

Cannabis Connoisseur,
Reactions: mutten840

mutten840

@jwatttt I get your point. But based on what you said. That ship has sailed and now you need to pay the difference or step away from the Chalupa(Trying to lighten the mood). Out of all the people that have had issues. I have yet to see a single V2 or V3 liger go up for sale in the forum and this to me is a sign of how awesome it is. I really think you need to pony up the difference for the nail and SiC insert and you will then see it is worth every penny spent.

mutten840,

Danksta

Thanks for the good laughs @jwatttt. Keep it fam homie :D

Just wanted to comment on the sapphire. It's very well worth it and actually priced well for that size, quality and polish. Josh makes very very little on those inserts. He knows they are expensive and doesn't tax them very much. He could ask for $400 and people would likely pay.

Last edited:

toros23

Shortly after my post here Monday, I received shipping notification that my Chalupa shipped. Turns out, Josh sent it Express on his dime to make up for lost time. I was planning to return, but after this gesture I was back to wanting to support him all over again.

I ordered the 20mm with sapphire and SiC backup. Also ordered the Storm cap. Still trying to get it dialed and am happy to let others know that this batch does not have some of the issues others have mentioned. Cap fits perfectly and everything is machined perfectly. The heating for the 20mm with the heat shield is very efficient, couldn't be happier with this setup. Still comparing to my Halo sapphire setup (that I am also breaking in) but the Halo aesthetics are nothing compared to how beautiful the Liger setup is. Loving the Storm cell carb, the airflow adjustment works perfectly for me on most restrictive setting and it just feels good in the hand. Really nice weight, perfectly balanced and makes a nice seal on the 20mm.

Loving my Liger so far, glad I didn't send her back…. Hopefully any remaining issues get sorted so others can take the plunge and enjoy this goodness.

OC513

Dabaholic
Josh shipped my Liger for delivery today and USPS has mishandled it and it now wont be here til Friday "hopefully", just my luck. I am in NY and we are supposed to get hit hard with snow tomorrow so I was so looking forward to being snowed in with my new Liger. I have never had rosin and just got some today. Figured I was all set with rosin and a Liger, no such luck just yet. Damn the USPS.

edit. Wife just called and said the Liger actually arrived altho USPS tracking says it's still in CO. So WooHoo!!! I am one very happy camper. Now to get the hell outta work and get that bad boy set up.

Last edited:

ReggieHaze

sooooo...wtf is going on with the flat coil SIC inserts? I ordered in 2016.. still don't have my sic insert....

I also didn't get a quartz one to tide me over like everyone else...

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
ReggieHaze,

Danksta

Josh shipped my Liger for delivery today and USPS has mishandled it and it now wont be here til Friday "hopefully", just my luck. I am in NY and we are supposed to get hit hard with snow tomorrow so I was so looking forward to being snowed in with my new Liger. I have never had rosin and just got some today. Figured I was all set with rosin and a Liger, no such luck just yet. Damn the USPS.

edit. Wife just called and said the Liger actually arrived altho USPS tracking says it's still in CO. So WooHoo!!! I am one very happy camper. Now to get the hell outta work and get that bad boy set up.

Have fun with your new Liger and rosin! They go so good together! :D

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Sad part is I could buy as many as I want because the glitch isn't fixed. But seriously this piece of shit doesn't cost 800 bucks. Max is only 200 bucks to make. I'm down to pay that but kids crazy if he wants me to spend 800 on a colored thing I medicate on... he never offered a refund just told me to pay more that I do not have... I'm not making enough to justify spending that much which is why I was so excited to be able to order it for 100.

I just messaged him about the glitch. You won't need to pay $800 for a setup but it won't be as little as $110 either? If you want to buy a more budget friendly setup I suggest the SiC or Quartz. Both work beautifully and the flavor is great. It will save you about $200 on the setup making that change. Also if you are on a tight budget the contour handle vs the master skelly set is another good way to save some dough.

If you are trying to get the cheapest Liger setup you can I would go with one of the following depending on coil and size preference

20mm Liger / SiC (or quartz) insert / Hurricane cap w/ Contour handle

Flat Coil 30mm Liger / SiC (or quartz) insert / Storm Cell cap w/ Contour handle

You can always add on a sapphire insert once you fall in love with it.

Let me know if I can be of assistance getting your order finalized.

sooooo...wtf is going on with the flat coil SIC inserts? I ordered in 2016.. still don't have my sic insert....

Pretty sure SiC inserts are in by now, DM me your order # and I will check on it.

Last edited:

herbivore21

Agreed that the Storm Cell has room for improvement, but I'm still puzzled by the flack the SC is taking. I can't speak for the 30mm as I own a 20mm, but mine fits like a glove. I had pretty high expectations for the Storm Cell (which is what the made the insane wait for it mind numbing. See rant several pages back.lol) and it has most definitely met or exceeded them. It fits so well that when you have it on the 1 hole setting, you getting a tiny whistling noise of air restriction as you take your dab. I just can't get as milky of hits with anything else. Now I had the benefit of the post a couple of pages back that explained the mysterious air flow system, so I was able to set it to the most restriction from the beginning, but I can see how if you had it set to too much air flow it might be disappointing.
Man the problem with the storm cells is the same problem as with all the titanium. Inconsistent and poorly finished titanium work due to the issues with the titanium manufacturer (this isn't Josh's personal fault for the bad manufacture). My storm cell has absolutely nothing like the function you describe. It is airy as fuck and takes a long time to finish the dab. Many others have experienced similar shit and myself and @mutten840 identified not long ago that the adjustable airflow nuts or the cap itself seems to be inconsistently machined, leading to many having storm cells that don't work very well. ;)

Your experience seems rare compared to most who I've spoken to about the storm cell. Glad to hear you have gotten one that works well though!

Danksta

Man the problem with the storm cells is the same problem as with all the titanium. Inconsistent and poorly finished titanium work due to the issues with the titanium manufacturer (this isn't Josh's personal fault for the bad manufacture). My storm cell has absolutely nothing like the function you describe. It is airy as fuck and takes a long time to finish the dab. Many others have experienced similar shit and myself and @mutten840 identified not long ago that the adjustable airflow nuts or the cap itself seems to be inconsistently machined, leading to many having storm cells that don't work very well. ;)

Your experience seems rare compared to most who I've spoken to about the storm cell. Glad to hear you have gotten one that works well though!

I agree it's the consistency of the Ti machining that is the main issue. Josh tested my bucket and cap before he mailed it and they work very nice together. With one hole open, I gotta say this cap is pretty nice. Much different than the other storm cell I got. I still have a tin foil donut sandwiched between the adjuster and the cap to make it a little more restricted, but even without that donut it's kinda nice.

I think the adjuster is a problem. The handle wants to come off anytime it vibrates from hitting the table. You have to use pliers and really tighten that. No matter what setting you choose I have a feeling air is always escaping from that adjuster. I dream of a Storm cell with one tiny hole half the diameter of the current holes. I don't think anyone wants more than 1 hole open.

So the Storm cell in it's current form CAN work pretty damn well. But both parts much be perfect. I'd suggest buying them together and asking Josh test them before he ships.

I'm much happier with my setup now. I'm getting a directional cap made and look forward to comparing it with my nice storm cell. Fully willing to admit I might have expectations that's aren't possible with this design.

herbivore21

I agree it's the consistency of the Ti machining that is the main issue. Josh tested my bucket and cap before he mailed it and they work very nice together. With one hole open, I gotta say this cap is pretty nice. Much different than the other storm cell I got. I still have a tin foil donut sandwiched between the adjuster and the cap to make it a little more restricted, but even without that donut it's kinda nice.

I think the adjuster is a problem. The handle wants to come off anytime it vibrates from hitting the table. You have to use pliers and really tighten that. No matter what setting you choose I have a feeling air is always escaping from that adjuster. I dream of a Storm cell with one tiny hole half the diameter of the current holes. I don't think anyone wants more than 1 hole open.

So the Storm cell in it's current form CAN work pretty damn well. But both parts much be perfect. I'd suggest buying them together and asking Josh test them before he ships.

I'm much happier with my setup now. I'm getting a directional cap made and look forward to comparing it with my nice storm cell. Fully willing to admit I might have expectations that's aren't possible with this design.
Bro please drop me a line with the details of your guy making the directional cap if it works out well! :)

I agree completely, bring on a new storm cell with a super tight, angled intake hole on the top of the cap (no adjustable airflow thanks less intake hole is more IMO and IME, if someone wants it maybe there can be two versions?). Longer dabber handles with a thread that stays put and doesn't wanna unscrew so easily as you mention (I've had this problem with all iterations of all CCA caps I've seen so far). :D

My other gripes about slow vaporization could conceivably be fixed by this alone - although time will tell ;)

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

So does the extra air come in around the edge, through the center threaded hole, or do you think the 4 angled holes in your let too much air through? Just curious because I have 3 that all perform well, I would trade you one?
I wish I could see everyone's dabs like they can easily see mine over and over again :cry: Everything in this world is so subjective that I am wondering if what I think of as a good cloudy hit is actually airy. Because I haven't had an airy hit from any of my 3 current version storm cell, or the 10 before that? In fact sometimes I want it MORE airy so I move to one of my boro caps like my bubble cap or redtailglass cap. In fact the only cap I have ever used that is as restrictive as the storm cell was a Terpvac by @badbackglass, which are one of a kind boro caps that run $400-$800 each and look AMAZING!!!!!:drool:

My redtail glass cap lets in more air than my CCA caps and so does the bubble cap. It still clouds up nicely but not as much as the more restrictive CCA caps or something with little holes. I like using all of them for a little variety but I am satisfied with all that I keep in rotation.

Where is the extra air coming in? I wonder if it's the cap or the bucket edge?:hmm:

herbivore21

Where is the extra air coming in? I wonder if it's the cap or the bucket edge?:hmm:

This is our next question in resolving the cap function issues. I am very confident at this stage that inconsistent machining is the main problem we are dealing with where cap function is concerned. For the storm cell, I think we should be fair and reserve judgement on the overall cap design until Josh has gotten titanium machining issues under control. Of course, poorly functioning products should be replaced but I do believe at this point that the ti manufacturers are much more likely to be the cause of this problem than Josh. :)

Danksta

So does the extra air come in around the edge, through the center threaded hole, or do you think the 4 angled holes in your let too much air through? Just curious because I have 3 that all perform well, I would trade you one?
I wish I could see everyone's dabs like they can easily see mine over and over again :cry: Everything in this world is so subjective that I am wondering if what I think of as a good cloudy hit is actually airy. Because I haven't had an airy hit from any of my 3 current version storm cell, or the 10 before that? In fact sometimes I want it MORE airy so I move to one of my boro caps like my bubble cap or redtailglass cap. In fact the only cap I have ever used that is as restrictive as the storm cell was a Terpvac by @badbackglass, which are one of a kind boro caps that run $400-$800 each and look AMAZING!!!!!:drool:

My redtail glass cap lets in more air than my CCA caps and so does the bubble cap. It still clouds up nicely but not as much as the more restrictive CCA caps or something with little holes. I like using all of them for a little variety but I am satisfied with all that I keep in rotation.

I really think it's that adjuster. No matter how much you tighten the handle it's leaking air. That's why I have tin foil donuts sandwiched. Helps make that seal better.

mutten840

Ok,

So... I finally found a cap that fits the 30mm and also gives true directional airflow

I would like to start by stating I have hunted for THE one true cap that fits both the 30 and the 20. I found many caps that worked great on the 20 and not so great on the 30. Then I asked Joda @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd to make me a ball cap with a deb tentacle and gave him some very loose measurements (Was late and I was really high)
It showed up today and I feel I can finally stop searching. It is top heavy as I told him to make a serious tentacle and was not afraid of the extra weight. The fit is on spot and the function is perfection. I can rotate all around. Or just hold it in one spot and it just works as expected. Best part is it also fits perfectly on the 20mm. I was not looking for anything to cover it as much as the 30, so it was a bonus that it also worked nicely there and still allowed me full range of movement.

You guys need to hit him up and have him make you one. They were not that high priced, I paid 80.00 and he really went over the top with the detail. I do not need to hunt anymore as I have finally found the missing piece

And here are pics:

sitting on the 30mm

Sitting on the 20mm

herbivore21

I really think it's that adjuster. No matter how much you tighten the handle it's leaking air. That's why I have tin foil donuts sandwiched. Helps make that seal better.
Most definitely seems like the culprit for your cap brother. We might find different culprits in others given that at this stage, titanium work has been inconsistent so it is important to try and work this out on a case-by-case basis as @mrbonsai420 is doing :)

@mutten840 Holy fucking shit! @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd can I order one of these from you as well brother? Please do PM me with pricing and let's do this! :D

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Sad part is I could buy as many as I want because the glitch isn't fixed. But seriously this piece of shit doesn't cost 800 bucks. Max is only 200 bucks to make. I'm down to pay that but kids crazy if he wants me to spend 800 on a colored thing I medicate on... he never offered a refund just told me to pay more that I do not have... I'm not making enough to justify spending that much which is why I was so excited to be able to order it for 100.

You have no understanding of the law in this regard. The law does not allow for you to pay the "glitch" price. And your attitude on the issue is wanting to say the least.

Baron23

I just messaged him about the glitch. You won't need to pay $800 for a setup but it won't be as little as $110 either? If you want to buy a more budget friendly setup I suggest the SiC or Quartz. Both work beautifully and the flavor is great. It will save you about $200 on the setup making that change. Also if you are on a tight budget the contour handle vs the master skelly set is another good way to save some dough.

If you are trying to get the cheapest Liger setup you can I would go with one of the following depending on coil and size preference

20mm Liger / SiC (or quartz) insert / Hurricane cap w/ Contour handle

Flat Coil 30mm Liger / SiC (or quartz) insert / Storm Cell cap w/ Contour handle

You can always add on a sapphire insert once you fall in love with it.

Let me know if I can be of assistance getting your order finalized.

Pretty sure SiC inserts are in by now, DM me your order # and I will check on it.
AND another GREAT post^^ +1M

Armerad

Dabbin'
About to take the dive on a 20mm SiC + Storm Cell master set, can someone remind me of the 10% off coupon code?

Armerad,

hondalol1

Ok,

So... I finally found a cap that fits the 30mm and also gives true directional airflow

I would like to start by stating I have hunted for THE one true cap that fits both the 30 and the 20. I found many caps that worked great on the 20 and not so great on the 30. Then I asked Joda @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd to make me a ball cap with a deb tentacle and gave him some very loose measurements (Was late and I was really high)
It showed up today and I feel I can finally stop searching. It is top heavy as I told him to make a serious tentacle and was not afraid of the extra weight. The fit is on spot and the function is perfection. I can rotate all around. Or just hold it in one spot and it just works as expected. Best part is it also fits perfectly on the 20mm. I was not looking for anything to cover it as much as the 30, so it was a bonus that it also worked nicely there and still allowed me full range of movement.

You guys need to hit him up and have him make you one. They were not that high priced, I paid 80.00 and he really went over the top with the detail. I do not need to hunt anymore as I have finally found the missing piece

And here are pics:

sitting on the 30mm

Sitting on the 20mm
Looks like you may have a group buy on your hands lol, that thing is beautiful, i will definitely be contacting you in a few weeks.

damm

So finally got a controller (I haven't gotten my Hex-Nail so I picked up an Auber RDK300) I'm quite pleased with everything.

However I have a weird problem cleaning up; maybe this is where the 2nd q-tip should be pressed down harder to stop the insert from spinning? It's not horrible just sometimes it's a little silly.

Also any suggestions for Bubble Hash? 625 the flavor seems a bit muted so I was thinking of trying for a bit more flavor around 575. Hopefully

P.S. Flat coil if that helps

damm,

dizaster096

So finally got a controller (I haven't gotten my Hex-Nail so I picked up an Auber RDK300) I'm quite pleased with everything.

However I have a weird problem cleaning up; maybe this is where the 2nd q-tip should be pressed down harder to stop the insert from spinning? It's not horrible just sometimes it's a little silly.

Also any suggestions for Bubble Hash? 625 the flavor seems a bit muted so I was thinking of trying for a bit more flavor around 575. Hopefully

Gonna be different depending on pid and coil tightness i am around 525 for bubble.

herbivore21

I use 630-640 on sapphire but 620 on SiC.

As @dizaster096 says though, this varies in a huge way depending on which coil you are using (and how well spread across the dish surface is it), which controller you are using and how tightly your heater shroud/retaining nut is held together. Try lower.

Remember that other people's ideal temps will rarely be your own. The key is to start like you did, and then dial the temp back until you have a taste vs incomplete vaporization balance that you can live with ;)

mutten840

This thing has full motion and the little dots on the side actually work as a catch when it sits on the side.

Some people might want to have the carb hole made a little smaller for more resistance

If you have or are planning on getting the 30mm. You need one of these :rockon:

Here are a few more pics that show it better

Top Bottom