CCA Liger banger V3.0

herbivore21

In the market for the next level nail and think I have it down to the SiC Liger or Halo, but damn this is tricky.

I don't think I can justify the cost of a sapphire Halo or Liger insert, yet. Especially considering how fragile they are.

But dnail offers a sapphire ring insert for $40, I could be convinced to drop that if it would offer similar taste. My dabs are small, so don't need huge surface area and their carb cap gets raves, compared to what I read hear.

I like the banger design better and think a fragile dish would be safer in the Liger than on the dnail.

Sapphire crucibles are available at reasonable prices from lab supply places, but I do not see dimensions of any of the Ligers or inserts on the CCA site to compare.

Would probably be perfectly happy with SiC for quite a while, but the choices made now affect my options for upgrade later. I am not one to re-sell my gear.

https://www.advaluetech.com/products/sapphire/polycrystalline-sapphire-sample-pans
SiC is not fragile my friend, if you break a SiC component, you've really tried to do so!

If you intend to torch the nail at all ever, get the SiC halo. You don't wanna be torching through titanium to heat a SiC insert, that is gonna fuck up the finish on the titanium and take longer to heat up (and IME SiC takes longer torch heating than other materials).

Given you are not taking large dabs, I would heartily recommend the SiC halo which will should last a lifetime.

As for the sapphire inserts, I have owned each iteration that d-nail ever released. Sapphire inserts are best used on the v1 flat coil titanium nail (or perhaps the 1.4 dish) - that is, where you are dabbing onto the sapphire surface directly rather than using it convectively by placing it in a halo with the oil already on the insert. The abovementioned nails for the sapphire insert will make sure that your dab vaporizes on the sapphire so long as it is not too big. However, if you dab moderate sized dabs, your dab will overflow to the side and hit the titanium which is obviously gonna be less tasty.

If you are not sure that your dabs are small enough not to spill onto titanium, then get the SiC.

The SiC liger is very good, but I find that the Liger generally vaporizes more slowly than the halo dishes (I believe this is cap design related!). This is not such an issue if your dabs are small :) However the additional cost of the Liger setup means that it is hard to recommend for SiC purposes alone if somebody is only dabbing small. The banger design is really only better if you have moderate-large dabs of concentrates that you need to pour into the dish off of a shovel or similar (full melt, dry crumble/cake badder etc). The banger design also means you may overweight small rigs very easily and cause issues there. The Ligers really need to be on a large rig moreso than most enails.

Hopefully this helps man!

herbivore21,
Reactions: Danksta

Mig710

Well honalol1 I believe it does, because right after I got into contact with mrbonsai I received an email from CCA confirming my product has been shipped. There's a saying, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil". I was not going to wait around 1 to 2 weeks plus three days for shipping, to start asking questions on the whereabouts of my order. I too, am somebody who researched this product, being fully aware of the timeframe issue many members were having. So isn't it a good idea to reach out ahead of time rather than crossing my fingers in hopes it will arrive in the next few weeks. And just to clarify, 1 to 2 weeks is not posted in multiple areas it is posted on one of the check out pages.

Mig710,

Texan Dabbed

Cannabis career dreamer
SiC is not fragile my friend, if you break a SiC component, you've really tried to do so!

If you intend to torch the nail at all ever, get the SiC halo. You don't wanna be torching through titanium to heat a SiC insert, that is gonna fuck up the finish on the titanium and take longer to heat up (and IME SiC takes longer torch heating than other materials).

Given you are not taking large dabs, I would heartily recommend the SiC halo which will should last a lifetime.

As for the sapphire inserts, I have owned each iteration that d-nail ever released. Sapphire inserts are best used on the v1 flat coil titanium nail (or perhaps the 1.4 dish) - that is, where you are dabbing onto the sapphire surface directly rather than using it convectively by placing it in a halo with the oil already on the insert. The abovementioned nails for the sapphire insert will make sure that your dab vaporizes on the sapphire so long as it is not too big. However, if you dab moderate sized dabs, your dab will overflow to the side and hit the titanium which is obviously gonna be less tasty.

If you are not sure that your dabs are small enough not to spill onto titanium, then get the SiC.

The SiC liger is very good, but I find that the Liger generally vaporizes more slowly than the halo dishes (I believe this is cap design related!). This is not such an issue if your dabs are small :) However the additional cost of the Liger setup means that it is hard to recommend for SiC purposes alone if somebody is only dabbing small. The banger design is really only better if you have moderate-large dabs of concentrates that you need to pour into the dish off of a shovel or similar (full melt, dry crumble/cake badder etc). The banger design also means you may overweight small rigs very easily and cause issues there. The Ligers really need to be on a large rig moreso than most enails.

Hopefully this helps man!
Hi there community. First time, long time...

I needed a new enail because my old dnail started tripping breakers every time I would turn it on, so wound up at High Five. Ordered a Liger for flat coils to go along with my new controller on Friday afternoon. Having second thoughts about things fitting on my center-bored male joint rig, on Saturday morning I used the customer contact form on the order confirmation email to ask if it was possible to change the nail joint I ordered to a different size and add a carb cap to the order to keep my shipping down. On Saturday afternoon I got a reply from John saying - no problem, what cap do you want? I reply the Storm. He replies during the Super Bowl that the Storms are out of stock. I reply Monday morning thanks. Monday midday I see a shipping notification from Stamps.com.

This is my first time to do business with these guys, but that's how it's done. Josh sounds like a clever engineer, but he should (in my humble and uninformed opinion) consider letting his distributors take care of the consumers and evolve his model to work more with them so he can focus on what he's best at. No shame in admitting we aren't great at, or that our time is worth, everything. Sounds like a very talented guy to be making USPS runs. Let other people do that shit for you! John can't do with Jason can as well as he can, and vice versa. Just my $0.02.

Along those lines, I understand a lot of the frustration on here, but if CCA is a roadblock why continue to pound your head and not go to a more "professional" channel? Do the guy a favor and stop trying to blow his shit up directly so much. I know we all want to be cool and insiders, but the guy doesn't have the infrastructure in place to handle your volume, so take it elsewhere. Your feelings are hurt because you're behind the distributors in line? Of course you are, grow up.

I have literally spent hours reading this trying to figure out which cap to buy. I'm electing to buy neither since the consensus is few are very pleased with either. Ironically the reason I'm going to the Liger is my recent experience with a big thermal quartz banger I torch. I use one of the bubble style round caps with it and love it's simplicity. I'm trying to find a big version for my 30mm bucket but so far haven't had luck. I think the flat quartz directional ones are a great alternative based on my experience. Easy to use. I'd love to see someone design something like that with the dabbler on the bucket side like you can do with the master set. Great idea.

Will check back in once I receive my new kit with my initial thoughts in case anyone is interested in a new view.

KimDracula

I think the caps are getting a bit of a bad name. Everyone has their preferences and opinions but when it comes to function I think the Storm Cells are great. The Hurricane didn't live up to what was hoped for when it was designed but the Storm Cell is solid. Having all those airflow options may be overkill but I do use two of them (the two most restrictive). It seals great and I get very efficient hits.

EDIT: I ordered a v3 Liger about a week ago from CCA and it shipped today so it looks like Josh is getting caught up like we heard.

Danksta

I agree the Storm cell is pretty good. I might have higher expectations than others and am willing to admit I may never be 100% satisfied. I should probably stop trying to expect the Liger to compete with the dnail. I'm getting a custom cap made and realize that it might not be any better than the Storm.

I am still thinking a redesign will improve things. A flat on flat variation of the Storm on the V3 bucket would likely be better.

I am still very proud to be on team liger. There is just something about a 30mm surface area I am in love with. The dnail might be slightly better, but I prefer having that big skillet the liger offers.

hondalol1

Well honalol1 I believe it does, because right after I got into contact with mrbonsai I received an email from CCA confirming my product has been shipped. There's a saying, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil". I was not going to wait around 1 to 2 weeks plus three days for shipping, to start asking questions on the whereabouts of my order. I too, am somebody who researched this product, being fully aware of the timeframe issue many members were having. So isn't it a good idea to reach out ahead of time rather than crossing my fingers in hopes it will arrive in the next few weeks. And just to clarify, 1 to 2 weeks is not posted in multiple areas it is posted on one of the check out pages.
You weren't magically bumped to the front of the line, if you'd like to tell yourself that your complaining achieved that then its fine by me. But someone else who ordered around the same time as you just got shipment confirmation in the thread as well, so i guess they were bumpred up too.

And i said multiple times, because if you did research like you said, its been an ongoing discussion besides being on the page, and your first post made it clear you knew nothing of it.

hondalol1,

herbivore21

Hi there community. First time, long time...

I needed a new enail because my old dnail started tripping breakers every time I would turn it on, so wound up at High Five. Ordered a Liger for flat coils to go along with my new controller on Friday afternoon. Having second thoughts about things fitting on my center-bored male joint rig, on Saturday morning I used the customer contact form on the order confirmation email to ask if it was possible to change the nail joint I ordered to a different size and add a carb cap to the order to keep my shipping down. On Saturday afternoon I got a reply from John saying - no problem, what cap do you want? I reply the Storm. He replies during the Super Bowl that the Storms are out of stock. I reply Monday morning thanks. Monday midday I see a shipping notification from Stamps.com.

This is my first time to do business with these guys, but that's how it's done. Josh sounds like a clever engineer, but he should (in my humble and uninformed opinion) consider letting his distributors take care of the consumers and evolve his model to work more with them so he can focus on what he's best at. No shame in admitting we aren't great at, or that our time is worth, everything. Sounds like a very talented guy to be making USPS runs. Let other people do that shit for you! John can't do with Jason can as well as he can, and vice versa. Just my $0.02.

Along those lines, I understand a lot of the frustration on here, but if CCA is a roadblock why continue to pound your head and not go to a more "professional" channel? Do the guy a favor and stop trying to blow his shit up directly so much. I know we all want to be cool and insiders, but the guy doesn't have the infrastructure in place to handle your volume, so take it elsewhere. Your feelings are hurt because you're behind the distributors in line? Of course you are, grow up.

I have literally spent hours reading this trying to figure out which cap to buy. I'm electing to buy neither since the consensus is few are very pleased with either. Ironically the reason I'm going to the Liger is my recent experience with a big thermal quartz banger I torch. I use one of the bubble style round caps with it and love it's simplicity. I'm trying to find a big version for my 30mm bucket but so far haven't had luck. I think the flat quartz directional ones are a great alternative based on my experience. Easy to use. I'd love to see someone design something like that with the dabbler on the bucket side like you can do with the master set. Great idea.

Will check back in once I receive my new kit with my initial thoughts in case anyone is interested in a new view.

I agree with a lot of what you've said here man. I am sure your comments suggesting upset customers take their business elsewhere were directed at newer posters in this thread and not me (let's be fair here too, those people are new here and may not have known about the discussion in this thread before they ordered their Liger, so they didn't have all of the necessary information to know about the teething problems and simply opt for something else like you say :peace:). After all, I was explicitly asked by Josh to provide my detailed, full and honest opinions/feedback on his products several times and I have done that here :) Josh actually pays attention to customer's input (granted recently he's been dealing with QC issues and filling orders so may not have been able to keep up as quickly lately) and has gained a following here due to this in no small part! As I say, he has asked for mine personally.

If you have a quartz thermal banger that will fit your Liger properly, I think you made the right decision on a carb cap. I'd love to try one on my Liger, those caps look wonderful! If you could show a video of one of these caps in use when you get your liger, I would be very grateful! :D I would love to find one myself that fits the 30mm.

I think the caps are getting a bit of a bad name. Everyone has their preferences and opinions but when it comes to function I think the Storm Cells are great. The Hurricane didn't live up to what was hoped for when it was designed but the Storm Cell is solid. Having all those airflow options may be overkill but I do use two of them (the two most restrictive). It seals great and I get very efficient hits.

EDIT: I ordered a v3 Liger about a week ago from CCA and it shipped today so it looks like Josh is getting caught up like we heard.
I agree the current Hurricane design is not worth using for the 30mm Ligers. It is also a serious burn risk after use for those of us with big hands - moreso than the storm cell!

The storm cell IMO is a good design but the mystery adjustable airflow (seriously still no official, written word on which setting is which!), dabber length and inconsistent titanium machining issues are really holding it back. There is every chance that some of us have better fitting adjustable airflow nuts on our caps than others and so there may well be varied experiences between different people with different storm cell caps. I think that once Josh brings titanium manufacturing in house and is on top of QC, that the storm cells will become much better caps that will ultimately serve the Liger well. I do love how the Storm Cell cap when manufactured to the appropriate tolerances really stays put in the bucket during use, even if you start coughing violently :) Bring on the Storm Cell 4.0! :D

Mig710

You weren't magically bumped to the front of the line, if you'd like to tell yourself that your complaining achieved that then its fine by me. But someone else who ordered around the same time as you just got shipment confirmation in the thread as well, so i guess they were bumpred up too.

And i said multiple times, because if you did research like you said, its been an ongoing discussion besides being on the page, and your first post made it clear you knew nothing of it.

Uh oh looks like we got another one of Josh's groupies getting overly offended again... How bout this, we keep this forum informative and helpful rather than turning it into a "share your opinion shit storm". Take a dab dude, everything will be oookkaaay... I gotta liger on the way!:brow:

Mig710,
Reactions: Danksta

herbivore21

This post seems a bit too ad hominem for FC man, an important rule here is to 'be nice' :) :peace:

None of your first paragraph in the above quoted post is likely to be considered on-topic (also shipping discussions are actually meant to be kept out of vape-specific threads - see FC rules) and given the response above, this post clearly came off as snarky towards @Mig710, who you directed this comment towards. These sorts of comments speculating on shipping and suggesting that another person has been negligent are off topic and not nice. Respectfully, let's just avoid this kind of talk.

@Mig710, actually @hondalol1 doesn't seem to be any kind of 'groupie' or fanboy or anything of the sort. Regardless, see the above rule for why it is best to avoid name-calling like this on FC - although I agree with you that we can all simmer down and have a dab :D

I'm not a mod and am not here to reprimand anybody at all, I only offer this advice to help new members understand the rules here (which admittedly are more numerous than those on many other message boards). Let's keep the thread on topic and civil rather than getting personal :) :peace:

KimDracula

Yeah, good points, guys. There's room for improvement on the Storm Cell. I'm so used to not using them as dabbers now that I forgot about that consideration completely. They do need to be longer. Many probably would prefer them to fit like they do on the 30mm as well, maybe with a simplified (or better explained, at the least) airflow system.

hardboiledfrog

tinkerer
I agree the current Hurricane design is not worth using for the 30mm Ligers. It is also a serious burn risk after use for those of us with big hands - moreso than the storm cell!
The storm cell IMO is a good design but the mystery adjustable airflow (seriously still no official, written word on which setting is which!), dabber length and inconsistent titanium machining issues are really holding it back. There is every chance that some of us have better fitting adjustable airflow nuts on our caps than others and so there may well be varied experiences between different people with different storm cell caps. I think that once Josh brings titanium manufacturing in house and is on top of QC, that the storm cells will become much better caps that will ultimately serve the Liger well.
Yeah, good points, guys. There's room for improvement on the Storm Cell. I'm so used to not using them as dabbers now that I forgot about that consideration completely. They do need to be longer. Many probably would prefer them to fit like they do on the 30mm as well, maybe with a simplified (or better explained, at the least) airflow system.
^ This! I received my storm cell a couple of days ago and I'm not happy with it due to these issues.
it doesn't mesh well with the top of the bucket and even the single hole setting is too airy.
I use the heat shroud retainer as a carb cap and it works much better than either of CCA's caps.
JYo1OKx.jpg

yNpMkc1.jpg

Qtip cleaning actually drives me insane on the liger with oils (full melt is easier to qtip on every kind of surface). The sapphire qtips easier than the d-nail sapphire, but that is when it is not in the liger bucket. In the bucket during use, qtipping often makes the insert spin with the qtip and makes the task take much longer. This is supremely frustrating and I wish the inserts kept in place during use!

I also found the spinning dish very annoying so I made it stop by shimming it with a 1/2" long piece of 0.004" feeler gage. I feel this also gives much better heat transfer from the Ti to the Sic dish as air is a lousy conductor of heat.
23ARuLy.jpg

rBOOBKn.jpg

the dish is still easy to remove and very easy to clean in place with a few drops of iso and a qtip between each dab.

Texan Dabbed

Cannabis career dreamer
@herbivore21 - wasn't trying to single you out and I acknowledge that people who are relatively new to this topic may not have been aware of CCA's capacity issues prior to their purchases. Just trying to point out to everyone that the distributors seem to be better placed to handle orders, so my recommendation for everyone is to utilize those channels.

Does anyone know the actual inner diameter for the flat coil bucket? My bubble cap is too small. If you search "xxl carb cap" you'll find one on DHGate (just threw up in my mouth a little, but it's big and cheap) with a stated 28mm outer diameter. Curious if people with gear in hand think that would fit?

Last edited:

Danksta

@herbivore21 - wasn't trying to single you out and I acknowledge that people who are relatively new to this topic may not have been aware of CCA's capacity issues prior to their purchases. Just trying to point out to everyone that the distributors seem to be better placed to handle orders, so my recommendation for everyone is to utilize those channels.

Does anyone know the actual inner diameter for the flat coil bucket? My bubble cap is too small. If you search "xxl carb cap" you'll find one on DHGate (just threw up in my mouth a little, but it's big and cheap) with a stated 28mm outer diameter. Curious if people with gear in hand think that would fit?

I got this info from Josh last week

Specs on the Liger:

O.D. – 38mm

I.D. – 30mm

Internal Depth – 23mm

-

Specs w/ Insert installed:

Top I.D. – 30mm (for depth of 12mm)

Bottom I.D. – 25.5mm (depth of 11mm – insert)

Hope that helps

jwatttt

I got this info from Josh last week

Specs on the Liger:

O.D. – 38mm

I.D. – 30mm

Internal Depth – 23mm

-

Specs w/ Insert installed:

Top I.D. – 30mm (for depth of 12mm)

Bottom I.D. – 25.5mm (depth of 11mm – insert)

Hope that helps

I have not heard from "Josh". I purchased a Liger 3.0 with storm cell master set, sapphire insert and silicon carbide insert. I have not heard back from the crew at CCA710 in about 5 days. I purchased the whole setup for 110 bucks on a website glitch and they are unwilling to even talk to me about this. Super annoying I've been waiting weeks and got a response of I need to pay 360 more to get my item... When you find an item mis-marked at BestBuy you can bet your ass I'm getting it for the price its marked at. What do you guys think?

jwatttt,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I do not think a small startup has the capital to lose that much money on an error. CCA710 doesn't strike me as a giant corporate entity. I would expect an apology and a refund at best.

I also think he might sink this ship if he doesn't start paying someone $10 an hour to respond to emails.

jwatttt

I do not think a small startup has the capital to lose that much money on an error. CCA710 doesn't strike me as a giant corporate entity. I would expect an apology and a refund at best.

I also think he might sink this ship if he doesn't start paying someone $10 an hour to respond to emails.
Sad part is I could buy as many as I want because the glitch isn't fixed. But seriously this piece of shit doesn't cost 800 bucks. Max is only 200 bucks to make. I'm down to pay that but kids crazy if he wants me to spend 800 on a colored thing I medicate on... he never offered a refund just told me to pay more that I do not have... I'm not making enough to justify spending that much which is why I was so excited to be able to order it for 100.

jwatttt,
I have not heard from "Josh". I purchased a Liger 3.0 with storm cell master set, sapphire insert and silicon carbide insert. I have not heard back from the crew at CCA710 in about 5 days. I purchased the whole setup for 110 bucks on a website glitch and they are unwilling to even talk to me about this. Super annoying I've been waiting weeks and got a response of I need to pay 360 more to get my item... When you find an item mis-marked at BestBuy you can bet your ass I'm getting it for the price its marked at. What do you guys think?

Sad part is I could buy as many as I want because the glitch isn't fixed. But seriously this piece of shit doesn't cost 800 bucks. Max is only 200 bucks to make. I'm down to pay that but kids crazy if he wants me to spend 800 on a colored thing I medicate on... he never offered a refund just told me to pay more that I do not have... I'm not making enough to justify spending that much which is why I was so excited to be able to order it for 100.
LMFAO :lmao::rofl:
You should ask for a refund. CCA710 ain't Best Buy! And if you didn't have the funds for the items you purchased initially it doesn't sound right anyway. You knew you were getting a unheard of discount which means you knew the True price. :popcorn:

Baron23

Yep, ask for your money back. At $110, I believe that anybody would know this prices is WAY too low.

But where does $800 come into play.....I thought its $110 plus an added $360 for your full Liger, Master Cap, Sic AND Sapphire inserts. That adds up to $470 last time I refreshed my math skills.

And why do you call it a POS? You don't even have it yet, right?

ItWasaGoodDre

Agreed that the Storm Cell has room for improvement, but I'm still puzzled by the flack the SC is taking. I can't speak for the 30mm as I own a 20mm, but mine fits like a glove. I had pretty high expectations for the Storm Cell (which is what the made the insane wait for it mind numbing. See rant several pages back.lol) and it has most definitely met or exceeded them. It fits so well that when you have it on the 1 hole setting, you getting a tiny whistling noise of air restriction as you take your dab. I just can't get as milky of hits with anything else. Now I had the benefit of the post a couple of pages back that explained the mysterious air flow system, so I was able to set it to the most restriction from the beginning, but I can see how if you had it set to too much air flow it might be disappointing. Also, even on the 20mm, setting the cap into the Liger isn't always the smoothest (perhaps a light magnet may fix this issue???), but once you get used to it it isn't really a problem. The only other significant issue for me is that if you use the disc part of the SC to hold on to to spin it, it's likely to get too hot to grab before you are all the way done with your dab. This wouldn't be a problem if you could twist the dabber, but because it screws into the cap, you can't twist back and forth without unscrewing the dabber from the cap.

While these issues are slightly annoying, the impressiveness of the clouds I'm getting off of my dabs with the storm cell supercedes any of that. I have a Chad Bro Terp Trunk (check it out on the thedablab.com. Great deal!) directional cap on the way, so I'm excited to see how it compares, but for now the SC straight up dominates any of my current caps.

jwatttt

Yep, ask for your money back. At $110, I believe that anybody would know this prices is WAY too low.

But where does $800 come into play.....I thought its $110 plus an added $360 for your full Liger, Master Cap, Sic AND Sapphire inserts. That adds up to $470 last time I refreshed my math skills.

And why do you call it a POS? You don't even have it yet, right?

I've just heard a lot of talk on the forums of things not fitting properly, and it taking forever to get your products. People are saying these things have quality control issues in my eyes. Your correct I mis-spoke about the 800 dollar thing I accidentally had two nails in my cart which is why I thought so much but still some 670 dollars for the three inserts how the hell is sapphire 400 dollars for the insert its grown in a lab... d-nail quartz option only like 200 bucks why pay more for some unknown dude who has quality control issues.
LMFAO :lmao::rofl:
You should ask for a refund. CCA710 ain't Best Buy! And if you didn't have the funds for the items you purchased initially it doesn't sound right anyway. You knew you were getting a unheard of discount which means you knew the True price. :popcorn:

Your terribly mean to laugh at someone less fortunate than yourself. You respond on here in 20 minutes, respond on your companies email never!

Last edited:
jwatttt,

mutten840

@jwatttt I am not sure what you expected to achieve by coming here and telling us about how you tried to pull off a shady deal due to a flaw in the CCA website. If you have really read this thread, you wold have picked up that none of us would ever try to exploit a flaw to benefit when Josh would of probably hooked you up if you had been nicer(Didn't see your email to him, but based on your tone in the forum. It must not of been full of rainbows and puppy pictures) Also @Cannabis Connoisseur does not work with or for Liger and is just like the rest of us. A responsible and caring person that is not out to brag about how they found a way to cheat over a company. We are not about that and any of us would of reported the issue to him since we know he is just one guy trying to feed the masses Ligers. Lastly, In this thread you should of seen several responses about @mrbonsai420 being the person to speak to when you want/need info on your order or what Josh might have in stock or coming in. He also does not work for the company and is a beta tester that helps out purely because he cares(Like the rest of us) This forum is all about taking care of our own and if you came here cold and hungry. We would gladly feed and clothe you(Its a metaphor)
Instead you came in bragging and what seemed to be ready for a fight and no one really responds well to that here. The Sapphire insert is the most expensive item Josh sells and it is for a reason. He has it polished clear and when this is done. Imperfections will be visible and in turn lower the amount of flawless inserts being created. I have both the 20 and 30 and love them. The sad thing is, you will never understand how good they are until you try it for yourself. On a side note, the only other company that I know of that sells a sapphire insert. Sells theirs at 300 with no warranty.

I am now stepping off the soapbox and going back to my dark corner :science:

jwatttt

@jwatttt I am not sure what you expected to achieve by coming here and telling us about how you tried to pull off a shady deal due to a flaw in the CCA website. If you have really read this thread, you wold have picked up that none of us would ever try to exploit a flaw to benefit when Josh would of probably hooked you up if you had been nicer(Didn't see your email to him, but based on your tone in the forum. It must not of been full of rainbows and puppy pictures) Also @Cannabis Connoisseur does not work with or for Liger and is just like the rest of us. A responsible and caring person that is not out to brag about how they found a way to cheat over a company. We are not about that and any of us would of reported the issue to him since we know he is just one guy trying to feed the masses Ligers. Lastly, In this thread you should of seen several responses about @mrbonsai420 being the person to speak to when you want/need info on your order or what Josh might have in stock or coming in. He also does not work for the company and is a beta tester that helps out purely because he cares(Like the rest of us) This forum is all about taking care of our own and if you came here cold and hungry. We would gladly feed and clothe you(Its a metaphor)
Instead you came in bragging and what seemed to be ready for a fight and no one really responds well to that here. The Sapphire insert is the most expensive item Josh sells and it is for a reason. He has it polished clear and when this is done. Imperfections will be visible and in turn lower the amount of flawless inserts being created. I have both the 20 and 30 and love them. The sad thing is, you will never understand how good they are until you try it for yourself. On a side note, the only other company that I know of that sells a sapphire insert. Sells theirs at 300 with no warranty.

I am now stepping off the soapbox and going back to my dark corner :science:

The fact that josh treated me like that and hes associated with the company is just annoying.
I literally just purchased it off the website nothing shady about it. I had not heard of a liger until like 3 weeks ago?! Because josh initially emailed me asking me for more money I figured it was some kind of scam website. I haven't read the whole forum homie I just joined today... lol just reading the last 5 pages I saw a lot of complains. I saw cool banger for 100 so I pulled trigger lol I'm impulsive like that if I see a good price. Wouldn't you do the same?! I'm not trying to brag just pissed off that what I bought wont be sent to me and IDK how the f*** I even got it for 100 I just literally went on website and purchased it like normal. I was explaining how sad it was that they haven't fixed the issue... not that I have money to take advantage of it anyways...

jwatttt,

mutten840

@jwatttt The cost of the nail and the SiC insert is very well priced and there is nothing else you need to purchase from CCA beyond those items. The main thing you should of gleaned from this thread is people come in frustrated and we all do our best to turn their frowns around. 99% of the issues people have with the Liger are poor adjustment of the coil to the nail body. Once that has been corrected, they are all happy campers and in turn stop complaining. There has been a lot of complaints around the carb caps, but that is due to use cases and the 20mm bucket is really universal in what you can use as a carb cap. I personally have 2 Ligers (the 20 and 30) and paid full price and would gladly pay again. I am also one of the few that broke a Sapphire insert and ordered a replacement. I was willing to drop another 300 for a little insert. That should help you see it is not an overpriced piece of Sapphire :tup:
Take a dab and send a nice response to @mrbonsai420 and see if he can help sort the issue and just get the full nail and SiC insert for now. It will keep the price point down since the insert is only around 60 and is pretty indestructible. I have also offered many a FC member help with getting over the learning curve and at some point, if you get one. I would be more than happy to help you with getting it working as expected.

The hardest thing to do sometimes is see things in a positive light. But once achieved it will always elevate you above your frustrations

jwatttt

@jwatttt The cost of the nail and the SiC insert is very well priced and there is nothing else you need to purchase from CCA beyond those items. The main thing you should of gleaned from this thread is people come in frustrated and we all do our best to turn their frowns around. 99% of the issues people have with the Liger are poor adjustment of the coil to the nail body. Once that has been corrected, they are all happy campers and in turn stop complaining. There has been a lot of complaints around the carb caps, but that is due to use cases and the 20mm bucket is really universal in what you can use as a carb cap. I personally have 2 Ligers (the 20 and 30) and paid full price and would gladly pay again. I am also one of the few that broke a Sapphire insert and ordered a replacement. I was willing to drop another 300 for a little insert. That should help you see it is not an overpriced piece of Sapphire :tup:
Take a dab and send a nice response to @mrbonsai420 and see if he can help sort the issue and just get the full nail and SiC insert for now. It will keep the price point down since the insert is only around 60 and is pretty indestructible. I have also offered many a FC member help with getting over the learning curve and at some point, if you get one. I would be more than happy to help you with getting it working as expected.

The hardest thing to do sometimes is see things in a positive light. But once achieved it will always elevate you above your frustrations

Would have seen it in a better light if I wasn't ignored copious times by josh but he never even replied to many messages I sent him privately. He was the contact that responded to my purchase telling me to pay more money. I feel like I am just in saying, because I purchased it I should not have to pay more for what I ordered. If I told someone hey come buy my laptop for 100 bucks and then when you get to my house I say its 350 because I fucked up the text message, hell no you had as much time to think about that text message as you wanted so revise your price or let me buy it at the price I got it know what I'm sayin? Not trying to cheat anyone but I sure feel cheated that they didn't give me my money back sooner and just held it from me and didn't respond to my messages.

Last edited:
jwatttt,
Top Bottom