CCA Liger banger V3.0

Monsoon

So I ordered one of these to see how it works with the 30mm bucket
https://www.thedabstore.com/collections/accessories/products/idab-glass-terp-turner-carb-cap

I will report back once I have given it a once over, but it looks like it should work nicely with both the 20 and 30mm buckets :tup:
That looks sweet, I like how they did the nozzle so it should vortex. It'll be cool to be able to watch the vapour inside the bucket.

Still loving my Liger 30mm+SiC+Hurricane combo, possibly more everyday. The only real negative for me is the large banger form factor isn't as dynamic as the D-Nail Halo but that's pretty much it. It's mainly just a concern with portable/social use where tipping is more of an issue but maybe I'll get a Zeus when it comes out if I like it since it's a vertical nail. In any case it's worth it make it work. More and more I feel like this will completely replace my D-Nail Halo's and I've been a cheerleader (fanboy) of theirs for some time. If I could only have one nail I think I'd actually pick the Liger with SiC over D-Nail Sapphire, the sapphire still has a finer level of taste but I find the Liger SiC has a louder taste if that makes any sense.

Last edited:

duckdown

optical
Anybody get any shipping notices over the weekend? My order still marked unfulfilled with no update from Josh. Just curious if the queue is getting any smaller even

duckdown,

mtnbike420

We are getting close @duckdown! I spoke with Josh and he informed me I should ship out early this week. A few things where delayed arriving to him apparently. Since you ordered right after me I can only assume you'll ship soon!

mtnbike420,
Reactions: duckdown

duckdown

optical
We are getting close @duckdown! I spoke with Josh and he informed me I should ship out early this week. A few things where delayed arriving to him apparently. Since you ordered right after me I can only assume you'll ship soon!

Oh perfect!! Really want this thing before Christmas. Actually, I really want it like TOMORROW but that ain't happening lol.

I'm in Canada so it's gotta do the whole customs thing too, the shipping delays are going to be grueling!

Thanks for the update mate!

duckdown,

Monsoon

Oh perfect!! Really want this thing before Christmas. Actually, I really want it like TOMORROW but that ain't happening lol.

I'm in Canada so it's gotta do the whole customs thing too, the shipping delays are going to be grueling!

Thanks for the update mate!
I order from the US a fair bit, customs has always been 24 hours or less so it's not really a concern. If you want it as quickly as possible you should upgrade the shipping speed, the $60 option should be 1-2 days max to Canada, just depends how much time is worth to you.

From what I understand, it's not so much an issue of a long queue but missing parts that he's waiting on. If you ordered a lot of stuff and you're not picky you could ask for a status update and maybe remove an item that may be holding it up. I think most parts are coming in this week though.

Last edited:
Monsoon,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Lol im ngl... I thought you were tripping till i tested my flow adjuster with a light and realized the order of holes open for mine is also 4-1-2-3

Liger... why do you make it harder for us to figure you out?!? Lmao I swear its like a little puzzle, with the reward being a nice dab :ko:

my condolences for your insert btw. I would've been devastated lol

Try flipping the air flow adjuster? That doesn't sound right. Just a thought

mrbonsai420,

Danksta

Speaking of the carb cap, anyone else finding oil runs up most of the dabber tips? I'm back to using my cheap steel tool I got with my last vape purchase. All the Liger tips just make the oil run up. This has me wondering what is considered the best material for a dab tool? I'm not thrilled with the V3 tips at all.

Danksta,

mutten840

@Danksta I am using a ball tip dabber and then covering with the carb cap. I do a swirl and go around the inner edge of the insert. this keeps my dab tool pretty clean, but also has me using 2 tools now.
I have a glass carb cap that has directional airflow and should fit all the buckets. It is due to be delivered today and will report back on how it works with the 20 and 30mm buckets :rockon:

Scootcha

Speaking of the carb cap, anyone else finding oil runs up most of the dabber tips? I'm back to using my cheap steel tool I got with my last vape purchase. All the Liger tips just make the oil run up. This has me wondering what is considered the best material for a dab tool? I'm not thrilled with the V3 tips at all.

I use a piece of 24g or 22g kanthal wire that's bent at one end for a makeshift handle. Very little room for the concentrates to run up. What ever doesn't fall off is so little that touching it against the side of your nail for a second or 2 will clean it off before you cap.

Scootcha,
Reactions: Danksta

herbivore21

Yes, I am noticing this and this is one reason for my preference for the d-nail forked dabber tip with the liger. I do find the ball tipped traditional dabber useful for collecting rosin though :2c:

As it currently stands, where screw in dabber designs are concerned this is my opinion in order of quality (only with the tools I've tried of course! lol):

1. D-nail Forked Dabber (doesn't conduct much heat up the handle, dabs do not run up the handle either, dabs are inclined to run off the dabber onto the dish)
2. Liger traditional dabbers (doesn't conduct much heat up the handle, but dabs do run up the handle - also the dabber is a little too short which makes use a little finicky)
3. HE Dabbers (Conduct major heat up the handle, dabs run up the handle away from the nail, dabber isn't too short but the amount of heat in the handle after capping using the HE dabbers means that these are the clear worst product being compared here)

Last edited:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Are you actually touching the tool to the insert or just hovering over and letting it drip? Just curious as I use both methods depending on concentrate type. I use the smallest of the pointy ones or the thin contoured handle and it doesn't run up any more than my Happy Daddy. I find the dab and cap method with the dabbers mounted on the bottom of the cap do always make the oil run up. But that's physics, the oil will always go away from the heat. I prefer to use a separate dab tool most of the time just to keep the carb handle clean.

In case you guys haven't seen the 20mm V3 with Quartz insert. You don't have to spend $300+ on the sapphire for the Liger to perform (although it's fantastic) The quartz and SiC inserts are no slouch! This is a quick , mouthwatering video of the 20mm V3 with Quartz insert and Storm cell cap.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN5GGIQh38M/?taken-by=mrbonsai710

Last edited:

mutten840

So I have mixed reviews on the iDab carb cap with directional airflow

I really like it for the 20mm bucket as it seals down nicely and can be spun easily to change air intake direction. It is a bit smaller than I thought and if the dab end was just an inch or so longer, it would be perfect. For the 30mm bucket, it sits on top/inside the mouth of the 30mm bucket and can seal, but is easily broken once spun to change airflow.

So in summary:
20mm good seal and worked great
30mm was not large enough and sat on/in the mouth of the bucket and broke seal easily when spun

Pros:

Really nice being see through and
Directional airflow is great for hitting the edges of the insert
nice having a pointed glass dab end for an all in one experience

Cons:
The dab end is a little short and would of been better if it was an inch or so longer
Does not seat well on the 30mm bucket

Here are some shots of it on top of the 20 and 30mm buckets:

20mm bucket:

30mm bucket:

Link to site I bought it from:
https://www.thedabstore.com/products/idab-glass-terp-turner-carb-cap

matthend

Are you actually touching the tool to the insert or just hovering over and letting it drip? Just curious as I use both methods depending on concentrate type. I use the smallest of the pointy ones or the thin contoured handle and it doesn't run up any more than my Happy Daddy. I find the dab and cap method with the dabbers mounted on the bottom of the cap do always make the oil run up. But that's physics, the oil will always go away from the heat. I prefer to use a separate dab tool most of the time just to keep the carb handle clean.

In case you guys haven't seen the 20mm V3 with Quartz insert. You don't have to spend $300+ on the sapphire for the Liger to perform (although it's fantastic) The quartz and SiC inserts are no slouch! This is a quick , mouthwatering video of the 20mm V3 with Quartz insert and Storm cell cap.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN5GGIQh38M/?taken-by=mrbonsai710

this turned me onto Amos Lee, i like what i am hearing so far!

matthend,

420time

Hello, could anyone tell me the difference between the Hurricane cap and the stormcell 3.0 cap. It is going to be used with 3.0 20mm liger and the SIC insert. And is it just me since when i try to apply the coupon code "fuckcombustion" it is only 5%, wasn't it supposed to be 10%? Or was the 10% under mrbonsai420 ?

Last edited:
420time,

duckdown

optical
Nice @dizaster096! What was your order date? I've never been so impatient with a custom order before! Can't wait until it's my turn!

I messaged him Sunday and he told me he'd have my shipping notice on Monday or by Tuesday.. It's Wednesday now and still no notice but I'm assuming this means we are extremely close!! PUMPED

Sounds like quite possibly my excess delays are because I ordered the entire kit, a Storm Cell 3.0 carb cap with Liger 3.0 20mm

duckdown,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
The Storm Cell was out of stock. May be his new delivery came not in time?

Hogni,

dizaster096

Hurriance Cap master set arrived! Will test my 2.0 body don't think i will have any problems though mostly bought it for the tips. I have a 2.0 storm Master cap. Feelsgoodman :D

@Hogni Yea storms were sold out when i talked to him.

Edit For anyone in canada i choose the
  • International 6-10 Day Priority USPS Shipping at $25.00
Took 12 days. Got the expensive one last time took 7 days. (Package gets marked down in canada).

Edit2: Always good support from @CCA710 i contacted him about my airtake getting stuck and i scratched it up alittle in the process so he send me a free one. First time i ordered he was late on orders for 2.0 so he throw in a free quartz dish. :) No scratches or anything on my carb unlike that other user from a while ago who's was scratched up.

Edit3: I see what you guys mean about the air adjuster for the cap only fits one way on the V3 Hurricane cap. It fit both ways on 2.0 storm and was able to be setup in order from restrictive to open from left to right.

Hurricane 3.0 Looks 2ed hole to left most restrictive but whatever.

Last edited:
dizaster096,
Reactions: BHOmb.

duckdown

optical
Where in Canada though? could be vastly different for provinces or even parts of province

duckdown,

Monsoon

Where in Canada though? could be vastly different for provinces or even parts of province
For me my last one was sent Priority Express ($40) and it was a week to Montreal. Customs is here too so I usually get stuff the next day after it clears unless it enters through BC. I'm impatient especially with how busy shipping is now so I opted for the $60 one sent via FedEx which should be 1-2 days max. That shipment will have my replacement sapphire, storm cell and some spare parts.

Monsoon,
Top Bottom