1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

CCA Liger banger V3.0

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by mrbonsai420, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Hi Josh, welcome to the club of vape nerds! Its very worthfully that you are now personally on stage! :wave:

6079Smith, CCA710 and Danksta like this.
  2. mrbonsai420

mrbonsai420 I love Grass and Glass!

Excellent first post. Great to have you here man!

3. alittledabwilldoya'

alittledabwilldoya' Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.

Agreed.
    Welcome!

CCA710 and Shrike like this.
  4. LazyIdol

LazyIdol Well-Known Member

My liger continues to grow on me each day.

I am super in love with the insert system. It helps keep everything super tidy. Being able to drop my insert in alcohol and not having to worry about the main body aside from the air intake is super nice.

I keep meaning to post a longer review but have been absolutely slammed at work. Will hopefully post one tomorrow after work.

5. snowfall

snowfall New Member

As a huge fan of the product, and a believer it is hands down the best concentrate delivery system available, my humble advise to Josh would be, forget looking for more beta testers on a forum, you seriously need a business mentor to handle the business that is surely coming to your company. I would say if you are still a "one man band" as someone mentioned above, this is a mistake, unless you would like to remain a small company.

I personally would prefer not to see the product offered for sale until demand can be met, and demand is judged by people trained in this, hense my suggestion to seek help. I hope the frustration some of your customers feel is also appreciated. This frustration is the byproduct of the love of your product.

Seeking help was the best business advise I ever got, and all signs point to this potentially being a game changing time for the Liger, justifiably so.

6. papapotbelly

papapotbelly Well-Known Member

Welcome, Josh! It has been an honor to beta test the products and help with copy on the site, which looks great, by the way! I have been checking up on the 2.0 thread going "where did everybody go?" lol, glad to see they just moved to this 3.0 thread and Liger Love is still going strong. Here's a couple pics of my beasts in the wild, to keep all of y'all going that are still waiting on orders (these are a bit older so the 20mm is a V2) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. 420time

420time Well-Known Member

Hi, does anyone know if there is going to be a sale on the liger v3 for black Friday?

8. Monsoon

Monsoon Well-Known Member

It's 11 months away so kinda hard to say at this point.

GSR, Moosewinkle and waxdab23 like this.
  9. 420time

420time Well-Known Member

wrong one, i meant to say Christmas.....

waxdab23 likes this.
  10. Hogni

But there is a 10% off with the code in signature of mrbonsai420

edit: or isnt it working anymore?

11. KimDracula

KimDracula Well-Known Member

Got a Hurricane Cap in today.

I wouldn't recommend it for those with the 2.0 bucket. It looks like it will probably work much better with the 3.0 20mm though, since there appears to be a more substantial lip around the circumference on which to pivot.

I like the slim Stinger dabber but wish it was longer like others have said. It'll be the Storm Cell for now at least until I decide to upgrade to the 3.0 gear and a sapphire insert.

herbivore21 and mutten840 like this.
  12. herbivore21

herbivore21 Well-Known Member

I must +1 the shortness-of-dabber issue. I only ever use a d-nail stinger dabber with the liger caps because the risk of burning one's hand on the side of a hot carb cap is very real with the shorter liger traditional-style handles; which position the side of your hand too close to the hot cap, after removal when finishing your dab.

I also don't use the hurricane cap at all lately. It is too wide, too easy to burn yourself on, gets very hot and stays that way for a long time. Due to the shape, it is also hard to put down without rolling around on a flat surface too which is a PITA with something that gets so hot! Too much of the range of movement when using the hurricane cap with a 30mm leads to an incomplete seal with the dish and leaking vapor - this may be different with the 20mm v3 though, I haven't used that one ;)

One positive I have noticed with the liger male bases is that they build up a lot of reclaim around the end of the vapor path going into the piece, that is easily collected with a dabber from your rig's GonG joint :D

KimDracula likes this.
  13. alittledabwilldoya'

I wouldn't mind a longer dabber tip on the Stinger dabber, but I haven't burned myself on it yet!
    But, I don't leave it on for long periods of time, as I don't (yet) dab full melt.

Regarding a landing pad for the Hurricane cap, I use a couple of silicone (I know) containers: tops for flat StormCell caps, bottoms for the rounded Hurricane caps:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    KimDracula likes this.
  14. herbivore21

herbivore21 Well-Known Member

I have seen these pics before actually bro, but I should clarify that I do not put hot carbs down on anything silicone (I actually do not use silicone mats or containers at all, they're just not inert enough to be allowed near the material that I have worked so hard to produce!). This is because there is a possibility after a long dab that my cap will be at temps bordering or exceeding those likely to cause reactions with the silicone.

I've seen the faintest of translucent white residues on my HE carb before that happened this way before I stopped putting it down in my Oil Slick container (I never used cheap non-platinum cured silicones either!) - the liger carbs have a lot more thermal mass and this is more of a concern for my purposes!

Of course, as you say, you don't dab full melt and don't leave your cap on so long, so this may not be such a concern for you :)

To be very clear, I am talking about burns from the actual carb cap section, not the stinger handle itself getting hot! The handle isn't the part getting too hot, the problem is that the handle is so short that you are necessarily holding the handle much closer to the hot cap, and those with hands of the right dimensions will find themselves very easily burning themselves of a cap holding the cap from the handle. It is a glaring issue because all of the liger caps are much larger than any other carbs out there. If anything, the Liger caps could probably even have a longer dabber handle than other caps to prevent this problem :2c:

alittledabwilldoya' likes this.
  15. alittledabwilldoya'

Yep, those are stock photos.

I have also used small glass jars for a similiar kind of "landing pad", but then the carb-caps tend to stick to the jars.

16. Monsoon

Monsoon Well-Known Member

I mentioned the dabber length to Josh and he's working on it! I'm perfectly happy using the D-Nail Fork dabber but it'd be nice to use the other ones too especially the skeleton.

herbivore21 likes this.
  17. LazyIdol

LazyIdol Well-Known Member

18. alittledabwilldoya'

mutten840 likes this.
  19. mutten840

mutten840 Well-Known Member

I feel like I just watched someone put their shoes on inside out. I am baffled and intrigued all at once

20. Hogni

Missing nice and useful dab-tool trays/-holder/-stands in the market. When my Liger&Co will arrive a friend of mine who is a carpenter will make one for me out of a really nice piece of wood.
    Perhaps the same wood as that of the Hex-Nail? ;-)

Do you think temps of the Liger tools will get to hot for wood?
    Eventually then another friend of mine who is a mechanical engineer should better make some SS inserts for the tray?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Shrike, 6079Smith and mutten840 like this.
  21. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

May I ask for a bit more detail. Why no recommendation on Hurricane on 20mm v2.0?

22. Cannabis Connoisseur

Cannabis Connoisseur I LOVE LIFE

I'm at 575 degrees on my 30mm Sapphire V3 Beta Bucket! I still don't have the finished version.
    Flavor City! Sour Cherries! 2Hole MoJo Banger Hanger!
    [​IMG]

23. KimDracula

KimDracula Well-Known Member

I'm having a similar problem to those with the 30mm, I think. The 3.0 buckets look like they have a wider lip around the circumference which should allow for more movement of the Hurricane Cap without breaking the seal. Without this movement the additional functionality of the Hurricane is neutralized IME.

Baron23 likes this.
  24. mutten840

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Cannabis Connoisseur likes this.
  25. mutten840

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors