CCA Liger banger V3.0

exmex

I finally got my 20mm Liger (No nipple:ninja::D) with obsidian, hurricane/stringer and a tsunami cap thrown in for free for the wait (One month from ordered to door). The wait sucked! But imo was worth it in the end. I love this thing! Super efficient, great taste pull after pull, easy to Qtip clean, I can't wait to have more time with it to experiment with temps. Right now i have my coil set to 635F and temp on the dish is about 470-485 (I need to tighten the coil still) giving some tasty milky clouds with a Chad bro 25mm bubble cap. The hurricane cap is pretty good too but the buuble cap is better imo. I still havent tried the Tsunami cap, the terp trunk v2 or the wierdeer titty cap but i will tonight :brow::D Im happy, Cheers everyone and have a good weekend! :)

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Has anyone using any of the new quartz inserts? 20mm or 30mm?

Just curious to read a review as I ordered both. I Kno I Kno. I must love bad service.

Shooby,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Has anyone using any of the new quartz inserts? 20mm or 30mm?

Just curious to read a review as I ordered both. I Kno I Kno. I must love bad service.

was there something different on the 30mms? I see the 20s are "xl" now (makes jerk off motion) and look like they will cause more mess then they will prevent as it forces the full vapor load on the outside of the insert and forces you to use the very edge of your pipes thread....which sometimes will not both grip enough and allow you to have a 90 degree flat bucket placement....wtf CCA? Id very much like to see a 30mm insert thats maybe 50% taller, just right under the hole in the bucket.

tharealmclovin

Can anyone recommend a 3rd party carb cap that works with the flat coil liger? What's the best CCA cap for it? Any discounts available? That may make CCA's carb cap more affordable.

tharealmclovin,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
In summary of all opinions here the Tsunami seems to be the best CCA cap for the 30mm.
No discount but when you order at CCA and have to wait delay of a few more weeks/months perhaps you'll got one from CCA for free - actually happened the last weeks ;)

Hogni,

sarkunit

Can anyone recommend a 3rd party carb cap that works with the flat coil liger? What's the best CCA cap for it? Any discounts available? That may make CCA's carb cap more affordable.
I can vouch for the Wierdeer cap,and I also have a custom bubble that was blown for me that works well. If you are interested in the Wierdeer, He may have some left from his last production line. They are 75 dollars shipped, and are great. The Tsunami acts as a oven with a jet of air pushing from the middle in a vortex. It can produce dense clouds with a strong flavor, but it will cook your dabs as it prolongs them, leading to a degradation in flavor only due to the length of the hit. This might be due to the size of dab I do (there is a reason why I thought I "needed" a 30mm dab surface). The Wierdeer cap has a ton of air flow, and blasts your dab around the surface. It requires draw control to balance that air with the incredible vaporization it provides, but when you dial it in I can vape a whole .1 at 520 true temp in a hit and a half. That is, in my opinion, amazing performance. One must watch the Q tip point thought, because the 'Deer cap will dry out your dish quick. I can get you the links I used to acquire the Wierdeer cap if you like, it is a pleasure to help others achieve the clouds:rockon:

exmex

Wierdeer mushroom/titty cap seems to be the carb cap that gets recommended most and just from looking at it here im guessing it would be a mint match. Terp Trunk v2 looks like it might be a good match too, Ill be getting the flat coil liger eventually depending on cca710 and will report back when i do. Anyone with a 20mm Liger should get a Chad bro 25mm bubble cap imo, perfect match for it.
In summary of all opinions here the Tsunami seems to be the best CCA cap for the 30mm.
No discount but when you order at CCA and have to wait delay of a few more weeks/months perhaps you'll got one from CCA for free - actually happened the last weeks ;)
Can confirm got a free tsunami cap for a 3 week shipping wait.

tharealmclovin

I would love a link to the carb cap. They have so many on their site to choose from. Thanks.

Also is the SIC worth ordering for $35 or should I just stick with quartz?

I can vouch for the Wierdeer cap,and I also have a custom bubble that was blown for me that works well. If you are interested in the Wierdeer, He may have some left from his last production line. They are 75 dollars shipped, and are great. The Tsunami acts as a oven with a jet of air pushing from the middle in a vortex. It can produce dense clouds with a strong flavor, but it will cook your dabs as it prolongs them, leading to a degradation in flavor only due to the length of the hit. This might be due to the size of dab I do (there is a reason why I thought I "needed" a 30mm dab surface). The Wierdeer cap has a ton of air flow, and blasts your dab around the surface. It requires draw control to balance that air with the incredible vaporization it provides, but when you dial it in I can vape a whole .1 at 520 true temp in a hit and a half. That is, in my opinion, amazing performance. One must watch the Q tip point thought, because the 'Deer cap will dry out your dish quick. I can get you the links I used to acquire the Wierdeer cap if you like, it is a pleasure to help others achieve the clouds:rockon:

Last edited:
tharealmclovin,

sarkunit

I would love a link to the carb cap. They have so many on their site to choose from. Thanks.

Exmex posted the correct link ( thank you, fine internet being). I am enjoying that cap with some fine HTFSE I wrapped my mitts around. Oh man, that is a fine way to spend 75 dollars.

Yes, SIC is well worth it. I have the Obsidian but I have heard that the flavor is similar and it is far superior to quartz. It also has better thermal qualities, carrying a lower delta T at the enail and retaining heat throughout the dab. Awesome stuff, well worth the money.

sarkunit,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG

Here you go. CCA's most recommended cap and simplest one too.. I prefer anything glass over this.

https://www.cca710.com/collections/carb-caps/products/tsunami-carb-cap-cap-only

Speaking of carb caps. I am looking for a nice glass cap that works great for the 20mm Liger. I know of the Gordo Bubble cap but its sold out. The Chadbro as well thats much cheaper. Anything else? Budget is $100 and prefer function and not heady and def. not China glass. I am using a china bubble cap now and just want to upgrade to something nice. So if anyone know of any other than the two mentioned, i would greatly appreciate your recs. Thanks in advance!

Shooby,
Reactions: Hogni

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Speaking of carb caps. I am looking for a nice glass cap that works great for the 20mm Liger. I know of the Gordo Bubble cap but its sold out. The Chadbro as well thats much cheaper. Anything else? Budget is $100 and prefer function and not heady and def. not China glass. I am using a china bubble cap now and just want to upgrade to something nice. So if anyone know of any other than the two mentioned, i would greatly appreciate your recs. Thanks in advance!

I recommend just getting the Gordo Bubble cap. It's so much better than anything else I tried I now own 3. Quartz by Chris usually has them.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I recommend just getting the Gordo Bubble cap. It's so much better than anything else I tried I now own 3. Quartz by Chris usually has them.
Thank you @lazylightning. I'm gonna call bakebros in the morning and if they don't have it, I'll order it. I'm only 30 mins from them tomorrow.

I couldn't find any other bubble cap that would be nicer. The chadbro bubble wasn't exciting... Almost like a china bubble cap.

ItWasaGoodDre

Thank you @lazylightning. I'm gonna call bakebros in the morning and if they don't have it, I'll order it. I'm only 30 mins from them tomorrow.

I couldn't find any other bubble cap that would be nicer. The chadbro bubble wasn't exciting... Almost like a china bubble cap.

I have both Gordo and the Chad Bro bubble. The Gordo is cooler in pretty much every way, except in the one that matters most... function. The Chad Bro bubble, though cheap and simple, creates a MUCH better seal on the 20mm than the Gordo. I've dropped my Chad Bro bubble a ton and they are resilient little bastards. I love the Gordo, especially for for traditional quartz nails, but it's shape doesn't create the greatest seal on the 20mm.

As for the 30mm, the Weirdeer cap is the best BY FAR. The function on it is incredible. I love CCA, but their strength is definitely not in their caps. I haven't used any of mine in over a year.

mixchu69

I have both Gordo and the Chad Bro bubble. The Gordo is cooler in pretty much every way, except in the one that matters most... function. The Chad Bro bubble, though cheap and simple, creates a MUCH better seal on the 20mm than the Gordo. I've dropped my Chad Bro bubble a ton and they are resilient little bastards. I love the Gordo, especially for for traditional quartz nails, but it's shape doesn't create the greatest seal on the 20mm.

As for the 30mm, the Weirdeer cap is the best BY FAR. The function on it is incredible. I love CCA, but their strength is definitely not in their caps. I haven't used any of mine in over a year.
@ItWasaGoodDre ,
Do you use the 25mm Chad bro bubble cap for the 20mm liger? Couldn't find any 20mm Chad Bro when googling it.

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
kt4Jpm5.jpg

If you have a wierdeer cap try threading the needle technique. I use a HE flat dabber and leave it in the carb cab throughout the whole hit.

https://highlyeducatedti.com/products/dabbers

exmex

Thank u for reporting back on this! I have the Chad bro bubble and it really is the perfect match for the 20mm liger, was thinking about getting the gordo but will hold off now. I have the wierdeer cap too and have a the flat coil liger on the way so im happy to hear there a good match too. This forum is awesome! I started looking for a new quartz banger for my torch just over a month ago, came across this thread got a liger with a enail and havent look back :) Thanks everyone
@ItWasaGoodDre ,
Do you use the 25mm Chad bro bubble cap for the 20mm liger? Couldn't find any 20mm Chad Bro when googling it.
yep its the 25mm chad bro bubble https://directionalairflow.com/product/clear-bubble-cap-25mm/

sarkunit

kt4Jpm5.jpg

If you have a wierdeer cap try threading the needle technique. I use a HE flat dabber and leave it in the carb cab throughout the whole hit.

https://highlyeducatedti.com/products/dabbers
OMG, I just tried this using their own Tsunami flat tip standard dabber. I threaded it through the Wierdeer as shown, and did a dab with it that way. My one complaint with the 'deer was that the hits are a little airy, while still potent and large. The reason for this is now obvious, the air path is just too free for me. With the extra restriction offered by the dabber, I just took the fullest, most flavorful dab of my life.....and it was just some every day driver crumble. I will now hit my HTFSE, and sail off into la la land. Thanks for the post dude.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
My one complaint with the 'deer was that the hits are a little airy, while still potent and large. The reason for this is now obvious, the air path is just too free for me. With the extra restriction offered by the dabber, I just took the fullest, most flavorful dab of my life.....and it was just some every day driver crumble. I will now hit my HTFSE, and sail off into la la land. Thanks for the post dude.

Yeah I find most carb caps(eespecially bubble caps) allow way too much airflow. The idea that you can lower the boiling point of these compounds by increasing pressure via vacuum while having a big hole in the middle is a bit silly to me.

I don't have a Liger but the best cap I've ever used by far is a Preston Hanna acorn cap. PERFECT flow IMO.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Fine.... Ill just get both the Gordo bubble and the Chadbro bubble. I will start with the Chadbro cuz its much cheaper unless i can find a discount code for the gordo bubble cap.

I also received my 20mm obsidian on friday and used it most of the weekend and i kinda like it coming from the sapphire. The terps were tastier on the Obsidian compared to the Sapphire but the sapphire was much smoother. Its almost like you cant feel the vapor in your throat with sapphire. But with Obsidian, the vapor is a bit sharp i guess is the best way to describe it.

The obsidian is slightly larger that the sapphire and fits the 20mm Liger much better to the point that I dont always here a tapping when qtipping. Another plus with the obsidian was finishing the whole dab in one hit.

But after using the obsidian for a couple days at the same temp i was using sapphire, I realized that the sapphire temp was too low and I bumped up the temp from 488 to 515F with the sapphire. It hit much fuller. For some reason, i thought i could use the sapphire at the same temp as SiC.

Now i realized that SiC and Obsidian is the lowest temp inserts, Sapphire is slightly higher temp like 40-60F. And quartz i havent received to try.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Yeah I find most carb caps(eespecially bubble caps) allow way too much airflow. The idea that you can lower the boiling point of these compounds by increasing pressure via vacuum while having a big hole in the middle is a bit silly to me.

I don't have a Liger but the best cap I've ever used by far is a Preston Hanna acorn cap. PERFECT flow IMO.

I really wish more people took this in to account, a carb cap is so much more than an air limiter or heat saver and it shows with caps like the dnail V2 on a Halo, or Wierdeer on either Liger..... when you get the correct amount of air, a good seal for a proper vacuum and pressure drop and a decent way to chase the oil with directional airflow....the results can be nothing short of phenomenal

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
But after using the obsidian for a couple days at the same temp i was using sapphire, I realized that the sapphire temp was too low and I bumped up the temp from 488 to 515F with the sapphire. It hit much fuller. For some reason, i thought i could use the sapphire at the same temp as SiC.

Now i realized that SiC and Obsidian is the lowest temp inserts, Sapphire is slightly higher temp like 40-60F. And quartz i havent received to try.

Yup, the conductivity of SiC is quite a bit greater than Sapphire, which allows for lower static temps for more complete vaporization with the SiC not possible on other surfaces. Sapphire and Quartz are more ideal for stabilized uptemps according to the information D-Nail released on their testing with the various surface materials.

Top Bottom