CCA Liger banger V3.0

buddingglasshead

How many people here now purchased on that sale and received a #nipplegate Liger? It looks like that sale was ran with the intent of moving bad stock without any mention of the sub-par quality.

I'm very happy with my 20mm liger now that I have a Hex-Nail. Not my pre-ordered HN-02, but a trade for a HN-01. However, now that I have a flat coil. I have a "reason" to get a flat liger, and eventually the augusthaus and coil cover. Not needed, but if I see one at a decent price with an SiC or Obsidian insert in the classifieds...

buddingglasshead,

sarkunit

Not here you aren't. FC rules forbid company bashing. Warning point issued.
OK, CCA support got back to me on my nipplegate bucket. Either I can pay to send it back to them for them to fix it, and they will send me a free carb cap when they get to it, or they will send me a prepaid label WITH NO OTHER RECOMPENSE! Nothing for my trouble or time, or the fact that I had to discover a very important defect in a product they sold me. So, I am going to net hex their business. I am going to create forums on every concentrate site I can find and bash them. I will do so on Reddit as well. If I cause them to go out of business, good. I have nothing but time...and I am pissed now.

How many people here now purchased on that sale and received a #nipplegate Liger? It looks like that sale was ran with the intent of moving bad stock without any mention of the sub-par quality.

I'm very happy with my 20mm liger now that I have a Hex-Nail. Not my pre-ordered HN-02, but a trade for a HN-01. However, now that I have a flat coil. I have a "reason" to get a flat liger, and eventually the augusthaus and coil cover. Not needed, but if I see one at a decent price with an SiC or Obsidian insert in the classifieds...
I wouldn't recommend purchasing anything from these guys. Make one yourself and buy the insert, buy one from someone second hand, but do not support these clowns. I wish they didn't have a lock down on this idea, because it is the best nail I have used, but this company needs new management.

Last edited by a moderator:

sarkunit

There was no censorship, you just got a warning point. Since discussing moderator decisions also breaks FC rules, now you get another one.
This stinking site just censored my critical post on CCA. I'm outa here ya'll, and to hell with CCA. They sold me a bad product, wanted me to fix it, and they suck. If FC censors this, they have not a shred of credibility.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Perhaps bc of this FC rule:

Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.

It's a thin line.....

Hogni,
Reactions: Danksta

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
This is nonsense. FC is full of posts criticizing manufacturers. Since you already have warning points for discussing moderator decisions in public, you should know better. Warning point issued.
It's a thin line.....

Yup. This is a great site, but its one and only downfall is that any amount of dissent against manufacturers is strictly not tolerated.. at all (and moderators, yeeaaaah you know this to be true ;)).

JJ420,

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Yup. This is a great site, but its one and only downfall is that any amount of dissent against manufacturers is strictly not tolerated.. at all (and moderators, yeeaaaah you know this to be true ;)).

I'd have to say it's more a matter of tone and approach. I've communicated quite a lot of seriously negative information about multiple manufacturers and never got a hand slap. Of course we're all angry and frustrated to have our product/money held hostage while we spend our valuable time just trying to get what we paid for. The trick is not letting that frustration get in the way of communicating the facts in a way others can clearly see the problem rather than your anger about it.

Prospector

I'd be down to purchase a new cap. I believe I have a tiny dimple on mine as well but I haven't used any inserts on it so I can't say if it causes any rattling noise. Aside from CCA's cleaning technique and using an ultrasonic machine, is there any other way to help resurface the bucket?

Prospector,

JigMelon

I'd be down to purchase a new cap. I believe I have a tiny dimple on mine as well but I haven't used any inserts on it so I can't say if it causes any rattling noise. Aside from CCA's cleaning technique and using an ultrasonic machine, is there any other way to help resurface the bucket?

A dremel. Worked for me.

JigMelon,

INDIVA

They will send u a replacement for the nib send them pics of it im still waiting for mine and it will be like a month from when they said they would replace it and get a new one off it and sand urs down its the bottom of the dish also if ur that worried just sand it from 800-3000grit wetsanding and ull never know it happend...

I am using the dnail sapphire halo in my 30mm liger yeah ik the liger dishes are wider their bottoms are the same width i been using it for a few days now no problems and still better flavor than on the slim and better vapor than the obsidian i am using the tsunami 3.1 cap preheated...i previously widend and made my coil flat and sit flush and checked delta and im not having a hot spots either...so i think ill keep using it til cca sap gets in as it would be much easier to clean vs having to do high heat

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
They will send u a replacement for the nib send them pics of it im still waiting for mine and it will be like a month from when they said they would replace it and get a new one off it and sand urs down its the bottom of the dish also if ur that worried just sand it from 800-3000grit wetsanding and ull never know it happend...

I am using the dnail sapphire halo in my 30mm liger yeah ik the liger dishes are wider their bottoms are the same width i been using it for a few days now no problems and still better flavor than on the slim and better vapor than the obsidian i am using the tsunami 3.1 cap preheated...i previously widend and made my coil flat and sit flush and checked delta and im not having a hot spots either...so i think ill keep using it til cca sap gets in as it would be much easier to clean vs having to do high heat

Im still REALLY struggling to get my head around exactly how this is any way is better than a straight up properly dialed in Halo setup, regardless of how accurate you feel your measurements are, the air gap and the fact the dish is all but certain to move during the proccess guarantees you're no where near where you could be in temps, stability, airflow, air pressure, etc etc. It brings to mind someone making toast with a dab torch.....sure you CAN, but WHY?!?!?!? There is zero (0) reason you can't set a SIC Halo to like 475-500 and KILL it low temp style. I get it if you're going for the Faux Uptemp that people have mentioned a few times here and there but even then, Im telling you the Halo is meant to do better than you're letting it.

Bullshift

As an international customer I am completely torn; don't wanna damage the bottom sanding it, and am pretty far away for asking for a replacement

Hit them up, send them a photo of your bucket, and say you would appreciate it being replaced as there's a nub on the bottom of the it, causing your insert to teeter back and forth (not only slide).

They ought to send you a new on free of charge, as that is what I was reassured would happen for my situation and I'm not in the USA either. That said, I had to contact support once again yesterday after not hearing back for two weeks. I was informed that "...it should of went out already let me follow up with my team and find out whats going on." .

Based on the track record thus far, I feel safe assuming that means it hasn't been sent out as of yet.

The only saving grace of all this is not having an eNail to work with anyhow for a little bit longer.

Mr. Whitewall

Thanks @Bullshift & @INDIVA !
I hope you get yours soon :tup: at least it'll take shorter for you, since I'm in the EU...

Will shoot an email ASAP, see how it goes.

I mean, c'mon even if it means resending even ONE unit back, it'd have been much cheaper, easier and better for customer service and reputation to double check & dremel the fucking things BEFORE shipping right???

It's not about "let's flog the effin' things no matter what til' we're done with bad batch and that's it" ERROR... Should have tried to prevent this. I mean for the cash we spend...

OK, done ranting!

Regarding the bashing thing, I understand the rule is there to protect the community ...of manufacturers as well since their presence (even if we scare them away most times, and that is the issue, to not scare them completely away) is what makes the forum grow by itself, new products and innovation.

At the end of the day they're pretty small operations, and are usually over-worked on various fronts. The issue is that some companies seem to get eternal slack cut out for them, because of various reasons, and others get to suffer the members' wrath more often due to poor communication, etc, etc...
But in the end they're not really different from each other. FWIW we do need those companies; if we sink them there wouldn't be much incentive to get inventing in the first place!
They're all subject to the laws of market anyway, so if/when there is a better product we'll all switch to that one. Nothing is forever...

Oh, on the good side, I ordered a custom titty cap and a matching dropdown from Wierdeer and have to say it's been a pleasure so far. Responded very fast, nice guy. Had a little issue with payment but he responded as soon as I made it a few days later, and he's gonna do them this weekend...

Last edited:

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Seems 20mm Sapphire is rly discont., just asked on IG when/if they will be back in stock and got reply that i´ll
have to go flat the liger route if i want to enjoy the taste of sapphire :/

gunmetalshark,

Prospector

No intention of derailing a conversation or anything like the sort, but what cap would you suggest for a flat coil Liger? I have an aftermarket make shift one that I don't believe creates a good enough seal or turbine inside the bucket.

Prospector,

matthend

For glass there are a few. There is our resident blower joda and wierdeer i think is back making them, and then there are the factory caps. I have the tsunami for my 30mm liger and it seals like a champ and cant be beat for simplicity/ease of use. I would say i am 50/50ish between using a glass cap or the tsunami, but my wife reaches for the tsunami every time.

Last edited:

Prospector

glass there are a few. For glass there is our resident blower joda and wierdeer i think is back making them, and then there are the factory caps. I have the tsunami for my 30mm liger and it seals like a champ and cant be beat for simplicity/ease of use. I would say i am 50/50ish between using a glass cap or the tsunami, but my wife reaches for the tsunami every time.

Yeah I was thinking of getting the Tsunami but heard of other aftermarket glass options and wanted to get some quick opinions. I like the long handle on the factory cap that some of these non-stock ones don't have. How important is the directional or curved downlet? Basically you aim it towards where the dab was dropped or is pooling or do the opposite?

Looking for a 14mm female to 14mm male dropdown that has a removable reclaim catcher, as well:

LQ90Tvj.png

Prospector,
Reactions: Hogni

exmex

Seems 20mm Sapphire is rly discont., just asked on IG when/if they will be back in stock and got reply that i´ll
Awwwww that sucks! Im in the same boat now, I wanted to get the sapphire but it was out of stock so i got the 20mm liger with a obsidian insert to hold me over but looks like that aint happening now unless i get that 30mm liger. Any one with a 30mm liger, is a Augusthaus coil a must or is a regualr flat coil just as good?
No intention of derailing a conversation or anything like the sort, but what cap would you suggest for a flat coil Liger? I have an aftermarket make shift one that I don't believe creates a good enough seal or turbine inside the bucket.
I just got a terp trunk v2 and i bet it would be perfect on flat coil liger. I dont have a flat coil liger but judging by how big, thick and versatile the terp trunk is just seems like it would be a deadly match.

Gn0sis

Awwwww that sucks! Im in the same boat now, I wanted to get the sapphire but it was out of stock so i got the 20mm liger with a obsidian insert to hold me over but looks like that aint happening now unless i get that 30mm liger. Any one with a 30mm liger, is a Augusthaus coil a must or is a regualr flat coil just as good?

I just got a terp trunk v2 and i bet it would be perfect on flat coil liger. I dont have a flat coil liger but judging by how big, thick and versatile the terp trunk is just seems like it would be a deadly match.

the augusthaus coil is a MUST in my opinion. i found the difference to be pretty significant.

as the chadbro terp trunk comes, it doesn't really work well for the liger because the directional spout on the bottom is usually curved at like 90 degrees the way ChadBro makes them, which causes the airflow to hit the liger wall instead of the insert below...

if you know/can find a local glass blower in your area, you can take the cap to them and get that spout re-heated/melted, so that it points more downwards at the perfect angle to move the oil around the insert. i find the seal on the terp trunks to be unparalleled by any other cap and once you get the directional spout to point down at a good angle, it becomes what I believe to be the best carb cap for the 30mm liger.

mentioning the stuff about the cap for like the 5th time lol. hopefully someone else takes the plunge already to see what i'm talking about

Last edited:

Bullshift

Based on what CCA has told me in emails, they will be discontinuing the 20mm Liger all together this year. So that could play into it. Take it with a grain of salt though... I'll believe it when I see it.

In other news, another 5 days has passed since I heard back from support..

So far my timeline for addressing the nub in my Liger's bucket has played out as follows:

Jan 7 - Open ticket regarding nub/protruding nipple
Jan 12 - Receive reply saying the "nipple in the middle of the liger is normal", but that the chip will be addressed
Jan 16 - Receive another reply informing me that the nub is in fact a defect, and a new bucket will be shipped "We are going to send you out a new vapor bucket as soon as we can. The owner told me to tell you to keep this on as a backup. I will update you as soon as I see your shipping."
Jan 16 - I follow up thanking them for helping me out etc
Jan 30 - I follow up asking if my bucket has been shipped out yet or what the status of it may be
Jan 30 - Receive a reply from support explaining it's "it should of went out already let me follow up with my team and find out whats going on."
Feb 4 - I follow up after not hearing back to see if it may have been shipped out since.

I'm trying you guys, really damn hard, to like this company! I'm still convinced they product they've managed to but forth sets the bar at the moment in vaporising concentrates, but why must they make it so difficult to like them!

Probably not doing myself any favours posting this here but by now my Hex Nail is going to be shipping out soon and I'll be waiting on the Liger I purchased December 25, 2017 -- that shipped on the 28th. Slamming a homerun turned into a fuckin' foul ball. :|

I know many of you waited much longer and have dealt with much more, so I'll stop bitching about this as of this post to allow a more constructive, informative conversation to take place.

jl420

Based on what CCA has told me in emails, they will be discontinuing the 20mm Liger all together this year. So that could play into it. Take it with a grain of salt though... I'll believe it when I see it.

In other news, another 5 days has passed since I heard back from support..

So far my timeline for addressing the nub in my Liger's bucket has played out as follows:

Jan 7 - Open ticket regarding nub/protruding nipple
Jan 12 - Receive reply saying the "nipple in the middle of the liger is normal", but that the chip will be addressed
Jan 16 - Receive another reply informing me that the nub is in fact a defect, and a new bucket will be shipped "We are going to send you out a new vapor bucket as soon as we can. The owner told me to tell you to keep this on as a backup. I will update you as soon as I see your shipping."
Jan 16 - I follow up thanking them for helping me out etc
Jan 30 - I follow up asking if my bucket has been shipped out yet or what the status of it may be
Jan 30 - Receive a reply from support explaining it's "it should of went out already let me follow up with my team and find out whats going on."
Feb 4 - I follow up after not hearing back to see if it may have been shipped out since.

I'm trying you guys, really damn hard, to like this company! I'm still convinced they product they've managed to but forth sets the bar at the moment in vaporising concentrates, but why must they make it so difficult to like them!

Probably not doing myself any favours posting this here but by now my Hex Nail is going to be shipping out soon and I'll be waiting on the Liger I purchased December 25, 2017 -- that shipped on the 28th. Slamming a homerun turned into a fuckin' foul ball. :|

I know many of you waited much longer and have dealt with much more, so I'll stop bitching about this as of this post to allow a more constructive, informative conversation to take place.

Don't worry bro, no one should judge anyone. Josh does have high standards for his products but timely delivery and updated news falls behind sometimes. I've waited a over 45 days for a new Quartz dish and when I got it Josh sent 2 of them for the wait. I hate waiting and being left in the dark but when ordering from CCA/710 and Josh you need super patience, you can't order stuff expecting to get them within a few weeks. I've ordered 3 v2's a Sic dish and Quartz back up couple of Hurricane caps and a real nice Boro cap that he gave me from his own personal collection (site said it was available but was really sold out). All of these was at least 20-45 day wait but he hooked me up along the way. Try to be patient but you can always try Instagram @JoDa Glassworks he sells CCA710 gear and Im sure other shops do the same.

Mr. Whitewall

@Bullshift Exactly, do not despair!
I haven't contacted them yet, but just read a post from them on IG confirming defective nibs would be replaced, WITH a gift included for the trouble.

Mr. Whitewall,
Reactions: Bullshift

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
So 38 days after my defective 20mm buckets and sapphire and obsidian inserts arrived, I finally received the replacements.

Unfortunately the replacement 20mm buckets also have nipples...WTF?!

Josh finally jumped in and offered me an extra sapphire insert as part of the deal, but when it arrived I found it to be defective with a large scratch on one side and a large unpolished inner lip that would grab and hold oils and be very hard to clean.

So disappointing to wait 5 weeks for replacements and then have to start the customer service process all over again. It's hard to imagine how customer service could be any worse.

Sapphire insert on left has unpolished inner rim and large imperfection/scratch on one side

Replacement buckets with nipples

lazylightning,
Top Bottom