• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CCA Liger banger V3.0

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
So I received my 20mm bundle today and am disappointed. The shield on the Liger has a deep scratch that runs along the top of the bucket on one side and a number of scuff marks that won't rub off on the other side. There is also a noticeable nipple protruding from the bottom of the bucket as @sushichefva reported.

The sapphire insert looks a lot better than the one I returned last week, but it has an obvious chip out of the top lip that concerns me. Anyone else get a chipped sapphire insert? Think I should ask for replacement? I don't expect perfection, but I don't want a cracked insert either.

On a completely different note, now that I have 5 Ligers I'm wondering how to properly refer to them as a group? A "pride" of Ligers in honor of the lion half or an "ambush" of Ligers in honor of the tiger half? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
lazylightning,
Reactions: Hogni

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
So I received my 20mm bundle today and am disappointed. The shield on the Liger has a deep scratch that runs along the top of the bucket on one side and a number of scuff marks that won't rub off on the other side. There is also a noticeable nipple protruding from the bottom of the bucket as @sushichefva reported.

The sapphire insert looks a lot better than the one I returned last week, but it has an obvious chip out of the top lip that concerns me. Anyone else get a chipped sapphire insert? Think I should ask for replacement? I don't expect perfection, but I don't want a cracked insert either.

On a completely different note, now that I have 5 Ligers I'm wondering how to properly refer to them as a group? A "pride" of Ligers in honor of the lion half or an "ambush" of Ligers in honor of the tiger half? :rolleyes:

The Liger almost looks used.

Whats up with that nipple on the bottom of the 20mm? Do you think it will cause any performance issues? or half the bottom of the insert not touching the bucke?

I would let them know about the crack so if it breaks 4 months down the road, i hope they would replace it. If not, i would ask for a replacement. You are paying hundreds of dollars and should not get a defective part.

Im frustrated reading that as i should get both my 30mm and 20mm bundles Monday.

lazylightning

The Liger almost looks used.

Whats up with that nipple on the bottom of the 20mm? Do you think it will cause any performance issues? or half the bottom of the insert not touching the bucke?

I would let them know about the crack so if it breaks 4 months down the road, i hope they would replace it. If not, i would ask for a replacement. You are paying hundreds of dollars and should not get a defective part.

Im frustrated reading that as i should get both my 30mm and 20mm bundles Monday.

Yeah I just asked to return the scratched Liger with the nipple in the bucket. Also asked if the sapphire insert was guaranteed to be replaced if it breaks. I already sent back sapphire and obsidian inserts from my last order so this is getting old.

lazylightning,

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
I feel weirdly fortunate I got a previously loved unit looking for a forever home. Always happy to adopt or rescue! ;)

Waiting for Cad v Swe to wrap up before moving onto the final match from Thursday's Wrestlekingdom 12. Still gotta watch the Naito v Okada. To honour my ULTIMATE WARRIOR SPIRIT, I'm busting out the Liger. JYUSHIN THUNDER LIGER!

edit: removed the picture of Jyushin Thunder Liger, the Japanese wrestler.

Question: Dark Crystal + sapphire - should I try it? Could it damage a cracked sapphire?
KBdnn

Last edited:
Slagzord,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
So just to clarify,

are we saying the small bump on the bottom of the bucket is a defect? Every 1 of the 5 Ive had, has had the same very tiny <1mm bump in the middle, as has like, every single picture I've seen of the bottom of the Liger bucket, so I'm thinking this is more just how they are made, Im thinking the bump and the wiggle tolerance, which again, on all of my 5 buckets and 11 inserts of ALL 3 material types and BOTH sizes, has all been extremely similar in size......is indeed intentional...however bad it may be for thermal transfer. Since the V2s didn't seem to have either feature/issue....that I don't think CCA has chimed in 1 way or another on yet, I'm curious as to what the V4 is going to have.

ensabbahnur,
Reactions: Bullshift

lazylightning

So just to clarify,

are we saying the small bump on the bottom of the bucket is a defect? Every 1 of the 5 Ive had, has had the same very tiny <1mm bump in the middle, as has like, every single picture I've seen of the bottom of the Liger bucket, so I'm thinking this is more just how they are made, Im thinking the bump and the wiggle tolerance, which again, on all of my 5 buckets and 11 inserts of ALL 3 material types and BOTH sizes, has all been extremely similar in size......is indeed intentional...however bad it may be for thermal transfer. Since the V2s didn't seem to have either feature/issue....that I don't think CCA has chimed in 1 way or another on yet, I'm curious as to what the V4 is going to have.

I think the difference here is the size of the bump. I have very small bumps on all my Ligers but this one was noticeably bigger.

lazylightning,

lazylightning

After a couple weeks with the 30mm Liger I’m just not able to achieve the same flavor intensity that I can with the 20mm. I’ve got all the right tools with the AH coil and sapphire insert, but the 20mm still wins the flavor race by a mile.

I’ve been trying to figure out why this is and my theory is that the wide, shallow bucket on the 30mm allows terps to escape during the first couple seconds while I’m spreading the dab. I start my inhale just before I apply dabber to bucket, but the suction created at the pipe inlet is insufficient to pull all of the vapor across the bucket and into the pipe before I can get the dab spread and carb cap on. I can watch this vapor escape as I’m inhaling and trying to get the dab spread. With the 20mm Liger the deeper, narrower bucket captures the initial terp vaporization more fully and directs it into the pipe inlet.

I also find the 20mm to be easier to spread my dab since I can move the dab tool around the edge of the insert a few mm above the bottom and the dab just flows down into the bucket. With the 30mm it takes me an extra second to spread the dab and it runs up the tool more often than when I dab on the sidewalls of the 20mm.

I know a lot of people prefer the 30mm and I’ve even heard a rumor that CCA is going to phase out the 20mm for V4. I’m wondering if I’m missing something here as far as technique. Anyone else experienced with both 20mm and 30mm who agrees or disagrees with me about flavor? Any tips or tricks for better flavor with the 30mm?

Bullshift

My 30mm bundle showed up a few days ago, but I'm just now getting the chance to take a closer look at it. I'm waiting until mid-February anyhow for my eNail so I wasn't in any rush to tempt myself. After getting caught up on this thread I felt like I ought to take a closer examination of it.

Cosmetically, there's the teeniest chip on the bucket's rim, and a slight scratch on the Obsidian insert's inner bevel/rim as well as the base. Neither of these things really bother me at all. I'm fairly certain neither will be detrimental to function...

However,
My bucket also has the small bump in the middle, causing the insert to teeter back and forth. By the sounds of it that's typical of a Liger, so it is what it is... but here's hoping they put some effort into solving that issue.

I'm only seeing about 0.5mm of play on the insert, and it slides into the bucket quite smoothly and slowly. So no concerns on that front.

Last but not least, the threading has a few tight spots that bind somewhat, and it seems to have more wiggle in the threads than I would have expected.

My phone camera is shitty, but here's some photos to go along with. First shows the chip on the outside of the bucket, the second shows the gap (though in my opinion it looks worse in photos than it really is) as well as the scratch on the insert's base that I can't seem to feel and I doubt compromises anything.

9ozKwkT.jpg

DvyoNP2.jpg

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
Im starting to think these bundles are with "factory seconds" I don't think there was ever an instance of a Liger with a chip out of its titanium bucket or cracked inserts being shipped on the reg until now.

Just snagged the last 20mm sapphire bundle and your post is making me feel a little uneasy right now, I'm not gonna lie here lol. :ko:

Sooooooo..... What kind of controller would you guys recommend for the v3 Liger? :)

lazylightning

Just snagged the last 20mm sapphire bundle and your post is making me feel a little uneasy right now, I'm not gonna lie here lol. :ko:

Sooooooo..... What kind of controller would you guys recommend for the v3 Liger? :)

Hex-Nail, but you might have a few weeks wait. For $150 I'd also pick up an Auber RDK-300 and 20mm coil so you can use your Liger right away. Then you'll have a backup controller and coil if you ever need to send your Hex Nail in for repair.

lazylightning,
Reactions: JJ420

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.

Thanks, but non-app please. I have a Blackberry still so I'm living in the previous century. :p

For $150 I'd also pick up an Auber RDK-300 and 20mm coil so you can use your Liger right away. Then you'll have a backup controller and coil if you ever need to send your Hex Nail in for repair.

Awesome! Thank you!!

Edit: Any good vendors you'd recommend for the Auber and coil?

JJ420,

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle

Auber 300 is serving me well :)

Slagzord,
Reactions: JJ420

antiburn

I hadn't heard of the center protruding up on the Ligers before. If mine did I probably would've fixed that the first day. My Obsidian is also flat in the center. My Obsidian does have some very very slight rings or ridges in the dish, were the dish surface is actually flatter on my SIC insert. The Obsidian just has the nice final polish to make it glass-like in the dish area. On the outer sides the two seam pretty much identical. My SIC doesn't appear to be any coarser than the Obsidian like some have mentioned.

That chiped bucket and scratched insert are certainly B grade. Would be nice if they mentioned such things.

Puddy

snagged one of the last 30mm sapphires, and it has been flawless. I was doing pretty large dabs with the obsidian and the same size produces twice the quality hits on the sapphire

Bullshift

I tried to snap a pic of the inside of my bucket as well. The protruding nipple is every so tiny but it seems to cause the insert to rock and teeter quite a bit. Not just slide side to side... Anyone have any thoughts on this? I can see if CCA710 will switch just the bucket for me perhaps since I am happy with the rest of the bundle, or try and use a dremel or something of the sort like @sushichefva mentioned?

I shot an email off to CCA710 asking politely if I can please send the bucket back in exchange for another, as that's where the bulk of my concerns lie. I'm waiting till Mid-February anyhow on my Hex-Nail... why bother fucking around with this in the meantime if CCA can take care of it, right? :nod:

244qCTF.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom