CBD ?

chris 71

ok so i have been using cbd strains alone , and mixing with thc strains . many different strains with ratios all over the map . from 0 thc and only cbd to like i said ratios all over the map. the reason is mainly because of all the great stuff that is all over the internet about cbd .

at first i thought cbd strains seemed to be great . but it didnt take long to notice that my experience wasnt all good . i seemed to suffer worse anxiety a few times that made me wonder . also i actually noticed after a while that i would feel dizzy and or nausea after using cbd strains . also of note they never taste or smell as good as THC only strains

anyway i just came across this articular . https://news.lift.co/cbd-thc-pharmacological-interactions-revisited/

i would love to here others takes on this . maybe cbd and thc mixed together isnt such a great thing after all ?

chris 71

i dont know about the feels that it makes people feel, but i know somthing for sure: THC and CBD together is much healthier, partly because of the Entourage effect.

not sure if you read the link i posted but it appears to me that this could prove to be a mis conception . and perhaps the opposite might be true ? also the entourage effect applies to all the other stuff in cannabis the terpeniods and flaviods not just the cbd thc ratios

darbarikanada

from everything I've seen, it's tricky. good evidence for therapeutic use seems to exist for only a tiny # of medical conditions; there are tons of anecdotal reports of CBD's benefits, but the claims need to be tested. given all the research being done, I suspect we'll have some answers eventually.

in the meantime, it makes things even trickier that most CBD strains have at least some THC, so you never know if what you're experiencing is due solely to the CBD. I've tried high-CBD, <1% THC strains that still had THC-like effects.

despite all the claims you hear about CBD, it's very much a work in progress. it may be a lifesaver for those kids having dozens of seizures a day, but if it isn't working for you - trust your judgment and move on.

JackBrus

I have experience with:
1- Indoor weed, high THC (let's say THC 4:0 CBD) . Every strain on the market here (afaik) is high in THC and (very) low in CBD.

2- Indoor hash, made of these strains (let's say THC 4:0 CBD)

3- Moroccan hash. This feels like it has more CBD (THC 4:1 CBD ??? )

4- Lebanese, Afghani and Nepal hash. (THC 4:4 CBD ?? ). I read some test results the other day, that stated that Lebanese hash has equal parts of THC and CBD.

So how are the effects I feel? Mind you this is subjective and personal, your experience may be totally different.
1- High THC weeds (THC 4:0 CBD)
Positives: energy, creativity, racing mind, active
Negatives: pounding heart, panic, paranoia.
Notes: the negative effects are especially true for novice users / people with low tolerances. Furthermore, I feel subtle distinctions between the strains, possible due to differences in the terpenes.

2- Indoor hash, made of these strains (THC 4:0 CBD)
Positives & negatives: see above

3- Moroccan hash. (THC 4:1 CBD ??? )
Positives: Energy, creativity, yet a bit more mellow and more of a body buzz. Music, food, touches become nicer.
Negatives: pounding heart, panic, paranoia; but not as sharp as with the high THC weeds or hash.

4- Lebanese, Afghani and Nepal hash. (THC 4:4 CBD ?? ).
Positives: Relaxed, happy, mellow, body buzz. Music, food, touches become nicer. Effects last longer than the pure THC weeds and hash. Sleeping is easy on this.
Negatives: Can get boring or 'dumb' after a while. Eyes look more 'stoney'

How about combinations?
Personally I like mixing high THC weed (1) with Lebanese/Afghani/Nepal hash (4). So I get a medication that has the best sides of both: the relaxed & happy feel of (4), plus the longer duration, but with the added energy & mind fuck of (1).

If the test results and my assumptions are right, my "mixtures" have a ratio of (THC 4:1 CBD). I don't have any real, actual figures though.

High CBD weed strains?
I would love to see higher CBD weed strains on the market. Because as much as I like my mixtures, I'd rather avoid hash. Hash needs a higher temperature to vape, it makes your gear sticky and (if you smoke it - yes yes I know :horse: FC ;)), hash burns hotter than weed.

Unfortunately, I can't find high CBD strains here. This is IMHO mostly due to the crazy legal situation that The Netherlands had for 20+ years: buying, selling and possession are decriminalized; under conditions; but wholesale, production and imports are strictly forbidden. The police very actively hunts down greenhouses. Growers focus on fast crops. At the expense of taste and diversity. They want plants that grow fast, have high THC, and can be sold very quickly. Plants that grow slower, or need more care, or take slightly longer to sell, imply a higher risk of getting caught. With no extra turnover to make up for that. :| Hmm... maybe start my own micro grow :hmm:

TL;DR
More THC = more energy, active, creative; risk of panic, paranoia.
More CBD = more of that happy, mellow, body buzz, it lasts longer; but it may get boring or 'dumb'
Mix = both of best worlds: relaxed, happy, long duration, with added energy & mind fuck

As always, YMMV :rockon:

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I've been experimenting with high CBD strains that I come across here in Vermont sold via the 3 dispensaries operating in the state. My first experience with a high CBD strain was in Humboldt County back in 2012.

Looking over this Lift article and then the research abstract (can't read the full text and am not paying $35 to access it), I am wondering about what substances were used on the animals tested. If it is lab grade ∆9THC and CBD isolate then the research makes more sense than if it were Whole Plant Cannabis extractions of a high THC and high CBD cultivar.

If you think of a Yin/Yang, then this research only studied the dots on each side and skipped all of the other components of the entire circle. Look at how Marinol (synthetic ∆9 THC in olive oil) effects people versus whole plant cannabis, or how CBD isolate versus whole plant cannabis (from a high CBD cultivar) effects our bodies.

The studies are out there and the whole plant is the answer, this is why GW Pharma uses whole plant extracts in Sativex (1:1 CBD:THC with PG and mint flavor). Why aren't they just using synthetic? This study cements that foundation perhaps. If anyone has educational access to this and wants to share a PDF of the download, please PM me.

chris 71

there are a few reason for me experimenting with cbd . for one its only been in the last couple years that i could with any certainty know just what strain and cannabinoid content i was getting.

so after learning all kinds of great stuff about cbd i really wanted to try it . i do sometimes suffer from anxiety and it is a reason for me using cannabis . thc varieties have helped me out with my anxiety . but i have also experienced its exacerbating effects depending on the situation when using it .

from the reading i was doing about cbd and its antipsychotic effects anxiety was the last thing i would have thought it could cause . also its supposed to be great for anti nausea . so i was quite surprised to find my self quite anxious and nauseous after using different high cbd strains even a strain with basically no thc .5 percent . on more then a few occasions .

i just wanted to hear any others experiences with high cbd strains . and found the artical i linked interesting .
unfortunately in my particular situation , i cant really know if its the cbd , because im also am taking meds that can cause nausea and anxiety and a whole list of other side effects . and even the disease that the med is treating ( graves disease ) can cause all the same things as well .

one interesting thing is that cbd is like grapefruit . in that it can make your liver take longer to absorb certain meds which in turn could turn up any side effect of the medication . so if nausea and dizziness is a med side effect then there is a possibility it could make it worse .

so to make a long story short , what iv come to realize is , it is just to much things going on in my case to really know what is causing my seemingly slight adverse to cbd i cant really even say it happens all the time because it doesnt .

chris 71,

cobra505

Defined
The reason I was asking is that when it comes to CBD/THC Entourage effect the whole 1:1 and all of that. I've never read anything were CBD helped with anxiety. I know that with my anxiety and also my insomnia I try as much as I can only to buy weed that has a very low Sativa content & high Indica. If possible all Indica and as high in THC as I can find which help with both by anxiety and insomnia. I learned so much after I got my MM card and got on board with Leafly and started to investigate the strains and the effects, it was like overnight it all made sense how I was getting wicked stoned but couldn't go to sleep. Or in other instances I'd take 4 or 5 tokes of something else and be out like a light.

cobra505,
Reactions: chris 71

chris 71

good point about the sativa indica possibilities , matter of fact i think most of the cbd strains iv seen have been the sativa leaning types .

chris 71,

cobra505

Defined
good point about the sativa indica possibilities , matter of fact i think most of the cbd strains iv seen have been the sativa leaning types .
I'm going thru this thing with my delivery guy right now as I'm writing this. He's running low on his all Indica stuff. He knows me so well doesn't even bother anymore in trying to send me menus with anything else. He used to send me 90/10 ratio's and I'd be like, don't bother, not interested, really Chris, check it out even if it's only a small amount just to try. Let me know I'd really be interested. And use Leafly if you don't already it's a great source. You can look at the reviews if you want but what your mainly interested in is the strain.

cobra505,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
there are a few reason for me experimenting with cbd . for one its only been in the last couple years that i could with any certainty know just what strain and cannabinoid content i was getting.

so after learning all kinds of great stuff about cbd i really wanted to try it . i do sometimes suffer from anxiety and it is a reason for me using cannabis . thc varieties have helped me out with my anxiety . but i have also experienced its exacerbating effects depending on the situation when using it .

from the reading i was doing about cbd and its antipsychotic effects anxiety was the last thing i would have thought it could cause . also its supposed to be great for anti nausea . so i was quite surprised to find my self quite anxious and nauseous after using different high cbd strains even a strain with basically no thc .5 percent . on more then a few occasions .

i just wanted to hear any others experiences with high cbd strains . and found the artical i linked interesting .
unfortunately in my particular situation , i cant really know if its the cbd , because im also am taking meds that can cause nausea and anxiety and a whole list of other side effects . and even the disease that the med is treating ( graves disease ) can cause all the same things as well .

one interesting thing is that cbd is like grapefruit . in that it can make your liver take longer to absorb certain meds which in turn could turn up any side effect of the medication . so if nausea and dizziness is a med side effect then there is a possibility it could make it worse .

so to make a long story short , what iv come to realize is , it is just to much things going on in my case to really know what is causing my seemingly slight adverse to cbd i cant really even say it happens all the time because it doesnt .

yep, it effects a couple of mechanisms, one of them is the cytochrome P-450 enzyme (which is in play with painkillers, anesthesia, who knows how many possible interactions) and the other is having more Anandamide in your system (naturally occurring compound in the body, euphoric among other qualities).

https://www.projectcbd.org/article/cbd-drug-interactions-role-cytochrome-p450

http://www.mmjjournal.com/thc-vs-cbd/

looney2nz,
Top Bottom