CBD Vapour Production

sativasam

NO SMOKING
I have been using EU legal CBD hemp strains aka cannabis light. These strains are very impressive to the eye and nose but they don’t seem to vape so well, which leads me to smoke joints. Sativa Sam should not be combusting because he has compromised lungs!

Do CBD and THC vaporise at the same temperatures?

Should high CBD strains create visual vapour production equal to that of high THC strains?

I ask these questions because I find that the CBD strains that I have used always give a fraction of the visual vapour compared to high THC strains.

Sometimes I get so little vapour production it seems a pointless exercise as I get a few whispy draws from a full bowl in my Mighty on 180-200 centigrade. Different CBD strains give me slightly different results but overall vapour production is either low, short lived or virtually non existent.

I should add the I do feel the effects of the CBD, but I wonder if I can get more out of my herb than I am currently as the vaping experience seems to be over before it has even begun.

The strains I am using are all organic Swiss grown for the EU market and are below 0.2% THC and around 10% CBD.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I am in the states and I use cbd buds grown here, and my experience has been that they produce less vapor, but I have had great results using the vapcap or my log vape at higher temps. The stuff I'm getting supposedly has cbd around 20%

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
I have been using EU legal CBD hemp strains aka cannabis light. These strains are very impressive to the eye and nose but they don’t seem to vape so well, which leads me to smoke joints. Sativa Sam should not be combusting because he has compromised lungs!

Do CBD and THC vaporise at the same temperatures?

Should high CBD strains create visual vapour production equal to that of high THC strains?

I ask these questions because I find that the CBD strains that I have used always give a fraction of the visual vapour compared to high THC strains.

Sometimes I get so little vapour production it seems a pointless exercise as I get a few whispy draws from a full bowl in my Mighty on 180-200 centigrade. Different CBD strains give me slightly different results but overall vapour production is either low, short lived or virtually non existent.

I should add the I do feel the effects of the CBD, but I wonder if I can get more out of my herb than I am currently as the vaping experience seems to be over before it has even begun.

The strains I am using are all organic Swiss grown for the EU market and are below 0.2% THC and around 10% CBD.

I made similar experiences with EU CBD weed (from Austria and Switzerland). Sadly the two strains I got nether been impressive to eye nor to nose. So vapor production was very rare here too :(

sickmanfraud

In my experience with the Israeli medical cannabis that the CBD strains have more visible vapor at the same temperature.

I even noted to mysel that if I ever make a Vapor/vaper cloud video I would use CBD or balanced strains that seem to have more vapor.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: sativasam

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well i havent tried those cause they are still not to be seen around here. ... Just get CBD isolate and add it to your regular herb,definetly adds a lot of vapor , unless you want to avoid thc,then you can dab it directly or in atomizer like the longmada motar/ saionara taf .

chris 71

I have a couple cbd only strains and a bunch of cbd and thc strains .
Only one have i noticed less vapour production . bedrolite 9 % cbd and 0% thc was a little light on vapor production but another one by spectrum with 16 % cbd and 0% thc is a mega vapor producer . my other strains with both thc and cbd all milk really well too.

chris 71,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Well i havent tried those cause they are still not to be seen around here. ... Just get CBD isolate and add it to your regular herb,definetly adds a lot of vapor , unless you want to avoid thc,then you can dab it directly or in atomizer like the longmada motar/ saionara taf .

That’s exactly what I do. I het the 98% pure CBD isolate. I just break off a tiny chunk of the crystal/rock and add it to the bowl of herb if I’m not just dabbing it seperately in my dab rig.

For example, here’s a CBD rock waiting to melt into my flower:
EEB3-B2-A6-C07-A-43-DB-B4-E2-B595-D8-ED836-F.jpg

cloudsosmoke

I’ve grown and tried 2 so far..1 CBD only and 1 50/50

The thing I’ve noticed is they both taste pretty nice

Different terpene profile I suppose

cloudsosmoke,
Reactions: sativasam

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Thanks for the responses ya’ll. I decided to give the CBD bud to my girlfriend and buy an oil tincture. I’m using Celtic Wind - 2000% mg - 10% (organic grown and cold pressed in Ireland) and it works just great. No more smokey lungs. One/two drops under the tongue makes Sativa Sam a happy boy

sativasam,

hinglemccringleberry

I'm currently vaping some ACDC, one of the best CBD strains available, 16% CBD, 0.1% THC, and while the initial draw produces as much vapor as my THC strains, it doesn't last nearly as long and the flavor drops off to dirt much faster because it just doesn't have the density of THC flower.

sativasam

NO SMOKING
So I a filled up the chamber of
my Volcano to the brim, stuck the temp to its limit, and I received 2 great bags of vapour. Effects were the most pronounced and enjoyable I have ever had using CBD strains.

The top temp on my Mighty is 20c degrees lower than that of the Volcano - I guess the temperature difference and the bowl size allowing me to use more herb has produced the notable improvement in vapour production.

Very happy with this discovery and have now made a space on the counter for the Volcano to come back into use. (-:

Victarion

My 2cts : I think it depends a lot about the vaporizer itself also. For example for a given CBD strain, my Vapman produces nice cloud easily compared to my dynavap M. I have observed that CBD strains tends to be more dry, at least for all the varieties I have tested here in EU (from several vendors). With the dynavap I have to push the temp too high to see vapor. Not very comfortable.

Now, I also think that people pay too much attention on the visible vapor factor. Remember that all visible vapor that you exhale is lost. I easily understand the satisfaction induced by blowing clouds and I also recogn the reinforcement process induced by the vapor exhalation but I really think that what really matters should be the color change between non vape weed and avb. No matter the amount of vapor produced.

I remember several long cession with my Vapman with almost no visible vapor. Incrementing the temp really slowly. With weed and not CBD. And I was always very very well medicated with nice and even avb.

Last edited:
Victarion,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
what really matters should be the color change between non vape weed and avb

Surprisingly, color change can often be a poor indicator of how well extracted the good drugs are from your plant matter.

Ramahs,
Top Bottom