CBD Vaporizing

Do you like vaporizing CBD?

• Yes (Tried it and liked it.)

• No (Tried it and didn't like it.)

• Never tired it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

herbivore21

I am proficient in the kitchen (look good in an apron) and can cook without a recipe but when it comes to my drugs I do not want to "burn" the batch. :)
Good thinking man, I'd be much the same. This is why I recommend not exceeding the melting point of CBD when dealing with an isolate. Of course, the purity of the CBD isolate will influence the melting point of the substance, which may in part explain why Tony has given a slightly different temp. I am talking minor differences in purity here, like a 100% pure CBD isolate (not likely to be found quite this pure lol) would be expected to adhere more strictly to the melting point measurements in the literature (again it depends on the purity of the compound as used in the relevant study that took a melting point in the first place lol). A 98% pure CBD sample can be expected to have slightly different melting points owing to the slightly different composition of the substance.

herbivore21,
Reactions: t-dub

olivianewtonjohn

Im curious if this experiences matches up with you guys? I tried a strain locally grown (very small operation) and it was the oddest strain I have ever tried. I can barely remember the odd high it gave, it was pleasant but very different. The odd high would always be followed by getting insanely sleepy.

Just curious if that matches up with your CBD experiences?

olivianewtonjohn,

Deleted Member 1643

With 100% or near 100% CBD, you can then mix this material in with your dabs or flowers and enjoy the benefits of CBD alongside your preferred terp/cannabinoid profile.

Is CBD a competitor of THC? Long ago post in forum far, far away (sorry, can't find): vaped chromatographically pure CBD followed by pure THC. Didn't get high. Kept me away from CBD, but love narcotic effects.

Not only that, but tinctures, eliquid and oral preparations are typically mixed with solvents (PG/VG/ethanol etc) and other vegetable oil carriers - you may find the bulk of what you are paying good money for in fact is not the CBD you were looking for.

Emphasis. What's it diluted with? Do the math.

none of us need probable carcinogens

What about those of us who are certain to die from something else first? I say fuck (combustion) it.

Danksta

Is there a temp people like to use? I'll be getting my CBD today and was going to go with my usual number 650.

EDIT: Well I took a couple of dabs about an hour ago and feel pretty fantastic.

As far as the CBD itself goes, I am very relaxed, yet focused. Comfortable around people for a change. Have no anxiety.

I suffer from anxiety and have some social anxiety. Being around my coworkers daily really gets to me. I was addicted to benzos for a long time and recently kicked that habit about 2yrs ago. I have been searching for relief ever since that didn't come in a prescription pill. There isn't much out there tbh.

I was really hoping pure CBD would be the answer and also be an enjoyable non rec dab. These stuff exceeded my expectations. I can now take tasty dabs during work hours and maintain composure and get so many medical benefits.

As far as the stuff from blueriverextracts goes, I am very pleased to be their custy now. It's worth the cost as I know Tony wouldn't sell me shit I shouldn't ingest. I don't ever want to be without this stuff. It's truly amazing.

The taste is pretty good. I got the ACDC strain and have never tried it. Does it usually have a licorice taste? It was a skunky licorice. Not sure if that's the strain or maybe the CBD itself. I'd like to figure that out.

Taste was stuck in the back of my throat for about 30min. Longer than most dabs last.

I need more!

Last edited:

KimDracula

I tried some of the CBD isolate today (no terps). I had one dab of the isolate by itself. It was pretty tasteless with a slight sweet aftertaste on the lips. Then I took a dab of some live resin with the CBD crystal. It has a very nice calming effect that was exactly what I was looking for. It should be useful for anxiety and I think it will help the battle with insomnia.

Danksta

Also want to address the concern some have about using CBD and using THC and not getting high. From my personal experience today, I took two dabs of the CBD a couple hours ago. I just took a big dab of some co2 and feel great. I don't believe the CBD has muted the high at all. I'm super pleased.

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Also want to address the concern some have about using CBD and using THC and not getting high. From my personal experience today, I took two dabs of the CBD a couple hours ago. I just took a big dab of some co2 and feel great. I don't believe the CBD has muted the high at all. I'm super pleased.

Were people concerned because they expected to see colors in the sky from CBD use?
They need some THC for that to happen. :)
Your experience mirrors mine.
The CBD by itself provides some relief to my arthritic old joints but does not get me high in the regular sense. Using a bit of glue (concentrate) on a dab tool allows me to pick up a dusting of the crystal and get a CBD fix and a bit of THC to round out the experience.

MinnBobber

I'm thinking about trying it but know very little about it
I watched the Green Flower livestream this week and they had a lady on who basically said that:
hemp based CBD is basically useless, in her opinion, and only the cannabis based CBD is useful for medical issues.

Opinions on this? What are folks using in this thread, hemp or cannabis based CBD?

She said something like only hemp based CBD can be mailed out/50 state legal----that any cannabis based CBD required medical certif process. Is that true?
Can you get cannabis based CBD mailed to US states?

Thanks

MinnBobber,

Deleted Member 1643

Using a bit of glue (concentrate) on a dab tool allows me to pick up a dusting of the crystal and get a CBD fix and a bit of THC to round out the experience.

Sounds good to me, thanks. Apologies, both, for not reading the thread more carefully.

Deleted Member 1643,

herbivore21

I'm thinking about trying it but know very little about it
I watched the Green Flower livestream this week and they had a lady on who basically said that:
hemp based CBD is basically useless, in her opinion, and only the cannabis based CBD is useful for medical issues.

Opinions on this? What are folks using in this thread, hemp or cannabis based CBD?

She said something like only hemp based CBD can be mailed out/50 state legal----that any cannabis based CBD required medical certif process. Is that true?
Can you get cannabis based CBD mailed to US states?

Thanks
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cbd-vaporizing.22627/#post-1020622

I address this topic in this post. It is true that the ensemble effect seems to maximize some medical benefits of CBD and that benefits of straight CBD are not as useful in some circumstances. Sure there are some potential problems if hemp derived CBD is not made properly and is not a pure isolate.

Whichever CBD isolates one might buy (regardless of what it is derived from) should be tested for heavy metals and other toxic compounds/minerals, residual solvents (including petrochemical solvents such as hexane, heptane, cyclohexane/benzene etc), pesticides, perhaps even residual plant nutrients etc.

Pure CBD is pure CBD though; this may be less useful if used on it's own but like others here say, mix it with some other terps or another extract to get some ensemble effect :2c:

Cannabis CBD is strictly speaking and if pure enough of an isolate not going to be distinguishable from hemp CBD isolate (the reverse obviously applies too).

What I am saying here is only regarding CBD isolates. I do not recommend the use of hemp CBD products that are not isolates of high purity (~99-100% CBD is a good guide) with the above tests passed. I do suggest mixing such a product with something containing other cannabinoids and/or terpenes (whatever suits your circumstances).

Is CBD a competitor of THC? Long ago post in forum far, far away (sorry, can't find): vaped chromatographically pure CBD followed by pure THC. Didn't get high. Kept me away from CBD, but love narcotic effects.

What about those of us who are certain to die from something else first? I say fuck (combustion) it.
CBD is medically beneficial and can diminish or change some of the recreationally sought after effects that people get from THC containing extracts/flowers. THCV is often described as being more pronounced in muting the effects of THC (but also has some very unique medical effects that other cannabis derivatives do not exhibit). If you are just a recreational user wanting to get high (I may be a medical user, but I understand that others just like the effects of some cannabis compounds), probably don't use huge amounts of CBD or THCV containing substances when you want to get high off THC...

If you are certain to die from something else first, then I suppose it is not such a concern, but I wouldn't say you need probably carcinogens though :lol:

Last edited:

Deleted Member 1643

If you are certain to die from something else first, then I suppose it is not such a concern, but I wouldn't say you need probably carcinogens though :lol:

This glycol mix with freeze-dried is dee-licious! Like a fine brew with tropical fruit. Worth a little risk, IMO.

Not strictly recreational. Definitely worth a try!

Deleted Member 1643,

Danksta

After more research last night and today I am noticing slightly muted effects from THC. I still enjoyed the combination though. I was more relaxed than the night before, just not quite as stoned. I will likely just use the CBD in the mornings during work weeks as planned. It's not something I would use in your nightly rec lineup. Still very pleased with it. The relaxation and lack of anxiety is amazing.

Silat

CBD is medically beneficial and can diminish or change some of the recreationally sought after effects that people get from THC containing extracts/flowers. THCV is often described as being more pronounced in muting the effects of THC (but also has some very unique medical effects that other cannabis derivatives do not exhibit). If you are just a recreational user wanting to get high (I may be a medical user, but I understand that others just like the effects of some cannabis compounds), probably don't use huge amounts of CBD or THCV containing substances when you want to get high off THC...

What are some substances that have "YUGE" amounts of THCV?
I see some strains that have more THCV than others. But the highest content I see is roughly 2% THCV.
Am I just not looking hard enough?

A couple of links for those that want to start understanding THCV.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-thcv-and-what-are-the-benefits-of-this-cannabinoid/

http://hightimes.com/grow/highest-thcv-strains/

Silat,

herbivore21

I see some strains that have more THCV than others. But the highest content I see is roughly 2% THCV.
Am I just not looking hard enough?

A couple of links for those that want to start understanding THCV.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-thcv-and-what-are-the-benefits-of-this-cannabinoid/

http://hightimes.com/grow/highest-thcv-strains/
No you're right, THCV is what we call a minor cannabinoid. It doesn't occur in percentages anywhere near as high as THC or even CBD in the right cultivar. What I would consider a huge amount of naturally occuring THCV in flowers or another preparation will be very low as a % of the total material, relative to what might be considered a lot of CBD.

Remember as well though, you can isolate THCV just like CBD. In this scenario, you could conceivably have as much THCV as you could get from raw material and mix it with other compounds in any ratio that you please. Not that anybody is doing this for retail products though lol - we may not ever see THCV being used for much in recreational products, but as the medical literature develops, we'll likely start seeing THCV being looked at more closely for medical uses. We are not limited to the ratios of compounds as they are found in the original plant unless we only understand crude extraction techniques. Those with the right knowledge (mostly qualified organic/analytical chemists lol - not 'extract artists' for the most part and certainly not amateur home extractors) and equipment can mix and match as they please ;)

Last edited:

EverythingsHazy

For those who have vaporized either pure cbd/high cbd:thc ratio material, what does it feel like, and what kind of effects do you get from it?

Here are some illnesses/afflictions I've been curious about treating with cannabis:
-Anxiety
-Panic Attacks
-Insomnia
-Tourette's
-Autism
-OCD
-Depression
-Cancer
-Chemo's effects
-Chron's

If anyone has experience using cannabinoids (other than THC) to treat those, how has it worked in your experience? I am aware that THC has beneficial effects on some if not all of those, but not everyone can/wants to get high/stoned.

"We're gonna build a bong....and the DEA is going to pay for it. It's gonna be YUGE. It's gonna be great... Trust me. It's gonna be great."

KimDracula

I'm still at the very beginning of experimenting with some pure CBD isolate. So far it seems like it's great for anxiety. It's almost like a very light benzo which is nice since I'm still slowly reducing the dosage of the doctor prescribed one I am addicted to.

I think it may be useful for insomnia but it's hard to tell how I'm reacting to the mixture of THC and CBD since I'm always getting high at the end of the day. I can't tell yet if I'm just reacting to the last suggestion I heard about the effects or if it really does have a moderating effect on the head-high of the THC. If I weren't getting high, however, I would definitely have a couple hits of CBD before bed. It's very calming.

I finally turned up the temp to vaporize the stuff completely and it was much more enjoyable as it unlocked that cherry taste I've heard about. I wasn't getting it with slower hits at lower temps.

Danksta

Does anyone know of any places with CBD isolate that are cheaper than Blue River BUT still trust worthy? I can find plenty online, but I'm not sure if any of these people should be trusted.

MinnBobber

Blue River CBD is hemp extract and can be sent to all 50 states.
Like Danksta asked, any cheaper sources that are very pure?

Any good sources for cannabis extract CBD and is it legal for shipping to all states?
As I understand, it takes a huge amount of hemp to get CBD extract so one has to be more concerned about contaminants from all that material. Cannabis extract CBD takes much less material.

MinnBobber,

Danksta

So far the only people who seem professional and present in the industry is a company called Isodiol. https://www.medicaljane.com/directory/company/isodiol/ They seem legit. They are the only company I'm currently considering to try. Everyone else is just some random company with a site. These folks look like they've been around a bit. At $40/g it's certainly worth investigating. I think I'd want atleast 2g a month of CBD for my needs. I'm amazed how relaxed I am in my cubicle atm...

EDIT: Looks like these guys only do crystals, not isolate.

These guys do have isolate and test results too. https://www.cbdpurus.com/faq/

My other thought was it would be nice if Blue River offered quantity at a reduced price. They don't answer emails or I'd send them a message myself. Maybe someone here can get the message to Tony. Price break on 5g or more would be great.

Last edited:

Silat

So far the only people who seem professional and present in the industry is a company called Isodiol. https://www.medicaljane.com/directory/company/isodiol/ They seem legit. They are the only company I'm currently considering to try. Everyone else is just some random company with a site. These folks look like they've been around a bit. At $40/g it's certainly worth investigating. I think I'd want atleast 2g a month of CBD for my needs. I'm amazed how relaxed I am in my cubicle atm...

My other thought was it would be nice if Blue River offered quantity at a reduced price. They don't answer emails or I'd send them a message myself. Maybe someone here can get the message to Tony. Price break on 5g or more would be great.

I am very happy with my purchase from Isodiol.

Silat,

herbivore21

You realize that isolated cbd is a crystalline compound don't you? Both products are 99%+ CBD. They are both CBD isolates.

An isolate describes a single, high purity compound that has been separated (aka isolated) from the other compounds in the cannabis plant!

Also the test results from CBDpurUSA have a disturbing amount of advertising/marketing language superimposed onto the tests. This is not the usual practice of an independent testing laboratory, whose reports would typically feature the results of analyses, a signature/name from the lab tech doing the testing etc.

Also, in my understanding, humic acid is only potentially toxic as described in that test readout if it is present in drinking water alongside chlorine, where the two can react and form other toxic compounds. Humic acid is also used by bodybuilders and fitness nuts alike as a supplement.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

So I'm getting more interested in this as I have no easy access to natural bud replacement :(

Looking into the ISODIOL site, it looks very professional and looks like their CBD Hemp products are very pure.
That had been a concern because the huge amount of hemp needed to get its CBD, which left open the possibility of increased contaminants. Their CBD is supposed to be very pure.

?? any idea what products are likely the best/most CBD bang for your buck?
1. CBD crystals
2. CBD oil or CBD oil with coconut oil
3. RapidCBD OTC Pain Cream which does not list exact CBD mg contents

Not sure what ingestion method I'd use? Mostly vaping--so crystals??
But can CBD oil/ CBD oil + coconut oil work as an effective topical on shoulder, knee, back , neck pains??

If this really works it might help stretch my stash and help with pain ???

MinnBobber,

herbivore21

So I'm getting more interested in this as I have no easy access to natural bud replacement :(

Looking into the ISODIOL site, it looks very professional and looks like their CBD Hemp products are very pure.
That had been a concern because the huge amount of hemp needed to get its CBD, which left open the possibility of increased contaminants. Their CBD is supposed to be very pure.

?? any idea what products are likely the best/most CBD bang for your buck?
1. CBD crystals
2. CBD oil or CBD oil with coconut oil
3. RapidCBD OTC Pain Cream which does not list exact CBD mg contents

Not sure what ingestion method I'd use? Mostly vaping--so crystals??
But can CBD oil/ CBD oil + coconut oil work as an effective topical on shoulder, knee, back , neck pains??

If this really works it might help stretch my stash and help with pain ???
I have already posted (I believe in this thread) that CBD crystals are the best bang for buck as the easiest product to determine are clean and safe.

The concern that large amounts of hemp need to be extracted from to make CBD and potential contaminants is not a problem for isolated crystals @ 99% or greater (as has been said in this thread - pure CBD is pure CBD!), this is a relevant issue for crude extracts which have not been purified and separated from the offending impurities drawn from large quantities of hemp.

Top Bottom