1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

CBD Tincture...50 State Legal!

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by darkrom, Jun 5, 2013.

1. lesvape

lesvape Queer in a high haze

Would this work more effectively if I say put it in an liquid/wax vape?

2. BossBrew

BossBrew Metalhead

Because it is a alcohol based tincture I would say yes but it might just work better if you put the drops under your tongue as intended. Taste good in my opinion, like cinnamon tea!

darkrom likes this.
  3. darkrom

darkrom Great Scott!

Boss did you order the gum yet by chance? So anxious to hear your comparison lol.

4. BossBrew

BossBrew Metalhead

Not yet, waiting for pay day then I will be dropping the cash for the 32 piece. Can't wait!

darkrom likes this.
  5. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Please report back with a review. :)

darkrom and Tweek like this.
  6. spice shaman

spice shaman New Member

i cant wait to try.my girlfriend needs this

7. lesvape

lesvape Queer in a high haze

Is there a link to the gum, cause I don't think I saw it listed in this tread.

8. darkrom

darkrom Great Scott!

9. PierceLaw

PierceLaw Member

I think Volteric may have been the first in this forum to post about Dixie's CBD products here. In that post, he has a link to an article (PDF) about Dixie's offerings written by Martin Lee, who is involved with Project CBD. It's an interesting read and the most relevant parts are quoted below:

Enchantre likes this.
  10. darkrom

darkrom Great Scott!

Interesting. I wonder if the gum will feel noticably stronger. Assuming its actually ~10mg per piece it should.

I'd love to try the pills, but I can't afford $11 a day on a single dose.

11. Barefoot

Barefoot Member

Just wondering what the difference between the CBD tincture and basic Hemp Oil which would also contain minimal levels of THC but some CBD's?

Just curious as I used to volunteer at Hemp Union in the UK and some of customers would claim pain relief benefits from our Organic Hemp oil

12. darkrom

darkrom Great Scott!

I'd guess that it would take a LOT of hemp oil to get ~10 mg of CBD per dose. 100% guess. If not then we should all order that, but basically what we need is a test of CBD content per volume of the oil.

Barefoot and Vicki like this.
  13. darkrom

darkrom Great Scott!

Boss what do you find the CBD tincture has for effect when you vape with it?

The folks selling the tincture told me that if you take the CBD before you vape it'll make the high more intense and stronger. They say taking it after vaping will calm it down and cancel some of the THC effects.

I did have one episode with anxiety brought on by having the tincture then immediately vaping, but hardly enough to make that connection. I haven't been able to convince myself to take the tincture right after vaping yet, but I'll probably try that soon. Just looking for some more feedback here.

BossBrew, Vicki and Tweek like this.
  14. mephisto

mephisto Well-Known Member

Just received my 2 oz. bottle from Dixie. I will try dosing and then vaping, and then tomorrow I will reverse the order to see if there is any relevance. Its great to have access to such a product, if it indeed does what it says. I have suffered from panic attacks for 20+ years, so as soon as I read this thread I had to see if this product could even marginally compete with traditional pharma anxiety meds... Thanks for the topic!!!

Vicki and darkrom like this.
  15. darkrom

darkrom Great Scott!

Its no xanax, but its pretty damn effective for anxiety.

Pain relief is what I'm shooting for now.

Vicki likes this.
  16. Barefoot

Barefoot Member

From what i remember from the Voluntary work - the THC is classified as the 'Psychotic' element of the Herb and the CBD's as the Anti-Psychotic. Most varieties of 'Super' strains have High THC and relatively low CBD amounts - whereas 'old school' varieties, particularly Thai - have a great balance between the 2. IF this helps any ;)

darkrom and mephisto like this.
  17. BossBrew

BossBrew Metalhead

I always take the tincture before vaporizing. I am going to try using it after vaporizing and see if I notice a difference. If I vaporize too much regardless of whether or not I've taken the tincture I am definitely more prone to having some pretty nasty anxiety. Maybe using the tincture after a session will help.

Thanks for the tip!

darkrom likes this.
  18. darkrom

darkrom Great Scott!

Yes I'm familiar with this which is awesome that we know this stuff, but what I can't understand is why is CBD before THC = intensified high? Wouldn't the CBD still act as an anti-psychotic and calm the high still? There is so much to learn. I'm all for experimentation, but I can't do it alone!

19. Barefoot

Barefoot Member

All i can think is that the CBD's act as a 'pathway' clearer - sort of calm the nerves allowing a smoother passage for the THC - kind of thing ;)

The Dude i worked with also always considered the CBD's to have a greater potential for 'Healing' than THC ;)

Vicki likes this.
  20. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I was considering getting some capsules, but scrolled down and read the list of ingredients. They contain white willow bark extract (which has anti-inflammatory properties). It's natural aspirin, and I'm not allowed to have anything like that, i.e.-aspirin, NSAIDS because of my high blood pressure.

Guess I'm back to contemplating the $40.00 1oz bottle.

I'm sure the fact the capsules contain white willow explains why it would help mild to possibly moderate pain. Still need to be careful with it though because it will thin your blood too, just like aspirin.

darkrom and satyrday like this.
  21. darkrom

darkrom Great Scott!

Wish I ordered that CBD gum while it was 40% off :( missed that promo and I'm all about out of the tincture 100ml weaker bottle. My dropper has some kind of leak so its making using this stuff really a hassle. I really regret not having the money available to try the gum.

22. darkrom

darkrom Great Scott!

Chewing my first piece of the CanChew CBD gum now. Says ~10mg. I vaped shortly before this a little bowl with the cera. I'm trying to take note of what happens for the rest of the night. I'm planning on chewing 1 piece a day for the next 32 days, but I couldn't resist and tried one right now. I'm going to chew my other one in the morning every day and try to keep the time consistent.

I'm hoping to look back and say "wow I didn't notice anything, but my pain and/or anxiety were much better this month".

I'll keep you all posted. Very hopeful, so I really hope I'm not expecting too much out of this.

Vicki likes this.
  23. darkrom

darkrom Great Scott!

I've gone from not being able to sit through a day at my desk at work, to spending 8+ hours a day sitting and then coming home and playing games at my PC in a week of this gum. To be fair I've also been drinking cherry juice at least 1-2 glasses a day (great for inflammation and pain supposedly) but that is it. I haven't taken anything else. I am going for the long term results, but IF this is caused by the CBD gum I'll be ordering much more.

I find it unlikely that it is a coincidence, because I never had more than 2 good days in a row. Since starting the gum I haven't experienced any pain that wasn't manageable without medications. This is remarkable.

FUnhouse and Vicki like this.
  24. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Wow, excellent man!!!! :D

FUnhouse and darkrom like this.
  25. darkrom

darkrom Great Scott!

I'll give it a longer trial before I get TOO excited.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors