CBD powder?

biohacker

famous last words there........ hemp derived solutions most likely contain heavy metals that do not show issue until you've accumulated enough to damage your neuronal functioning later in life... coffee is full of heavy metals and takes a long time to accumulate them in your body but does happen... Chelation helps remove heavy metal deposits that accumaulate in fatty tissues... our world is full of heavy metals in every food pretty much so hard to avoid regardless but please be mindful of them

I'm sure our beloved cannabis plant has a shit tonne of heavy metals as well, from fertilizers. And let's not forget about veggies and pretty much everything else out there. Broccoli has over 100 chemicals, 1/2 of them known carcinogens, yet I continue to eat it.

biohacker,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

I'm sure our beloved cannabis plant has a shit tonne of heavy metals as well, from fertilizers. And let's not forget about veggies and pretty much everything else out there. Broccoli has over 100 chemicals, 1/2 of them known carcinogens, yet I continue to eat it.
just reading an article on teh importance of sulforaphane in broccoli sprouts.... looks like some awesomely good stuff.. we gave away our sprout supplies ye4ars ago though :(.... need to pick up or make a holder for mason jar spouts and blend them into the smoothie- yum.. great to see you on here brother how's it been going?

C No Ego,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

Yeah man, that sulforaphane is supposed to be like the second coming of christ! lol I just seriously look into growing my own as well. It's been going well, 2 months into my break now...highs and lows, but testing clear finally! Hope you're doing well! Always looking out for your posts! The wife is noticing a strong correlation between taking cbd tincture and night sweats. She's tested it so many times now, she's been cannabis free for 7 weeks, and every single time without fail if she takes the sublingual tincture, even just a few drops, she has night sweats that night. If she doesn't take it, no sweats. So i'm curious about what you said about the hemp and heavy metals.

biohacker,

C No Ego

Yeah man, that sulforaphane is supposed to be like the second coming of christ! lol I just seriously look into growing my own as well. It's been going well, 2 months into my break now...highs and lows, but testing clear finally! Hope you're doing well! Always looking out for your posts! The wife is noticing a strong correlation between taking cbd tincture and night sweats. She's tested it so many times now, she's been cannabis free for 7 weeks, and every single time without fail if she takes the sublingual tincture, even just a few drops, she has night sweats that night. If she doesn't take it, no sweats. So i'm curious about what you said about the hemp and heavy metals.
Great for you and your wife man! looks like we are taking over another thread lol... I used to have the worst night sweats and my naturopth recommended burdock root... I ate it raw and dried and it worked so well I've been free from night sweats mostly for years.. I'm a dude though and not sure if it works with women as well...
my last experience with the sprout supplies we ordered from Canada and the order got held @ my post office... they were looking at the hemp label because we got hemp seeds and hearts too in the order... anyway, I explained we were sprouting and offered for them to look in the box lol, and they declined and then reckoned I was OK... that was when I was on my high and mighty and did not do drugs at all so maybe they sensed that lol... felt like a crminal for buying sprout seeds and sprout supplies LOFL what a world of backwards ass shit

edit, my sprout set up was wood with a back on it that the jars rested on upside down witht th ebottom part angled with a groove in it so the drained water would drain off and held the jar in place too... add seeds, soak over night.. next day drain and set upside down.. soak two times day I think and set upside down each time... we used some ascorbic acid too to kill parasites that like the sprouts

C No Ego,

biohacker

I'm looking forward to using the cbd powder and higher cbd strains and micro dosing when I return after my cleanse, and see what happens when I don't have "just" thc flooding my receptors. I've really gained a massive appreciation for proper dosing and less is more mentality with cannabis, as well as the importance of cbd. I also have been researching some cannabis doctors and have been hearing alot about the importance to take time away from thc, as well as dosing only once per day if possible to avoid tolerance and maintaining therapeutic value. Love experimenting! Just like this break, although it's been one of the toughest experiments to see through completion. lol

biohacker,

C No Ego

I'm looking forward to using the cbd powder and higher cbd strains and micro dosing when I return after my cleanse, and see what happens when I don't have "just" thc flooding my receptors. I've really gained a massive appreciation for proper dosing and less is more mentality with cannabis, as well as the importance of cbd. I also have been researching some cannabis doctors and have been hearing alot about the importance to take time away from thc, as well as dosing only once per day if possible to avoid tolerance and maintaining therapeutic value. Love experimenting! Just like this break, although it's been one of the toughest experiments to see through completion. lol

that balance.. the 50/50 IMO is the correct way to experience equally what compounds are offered from cannabis... just reading an article though of SuperNova and her family. she was not able to stop her seizures with cbd only cannabis but needed like 92% thc to stop for seizures @ over 6 months now! all this cbd only talk does not always work in real world and thc ( the psychotic step brother) makes its way on the scene

biohacker

Forsure, like @MinnBobber was saying earlier....it's all about the whole plant, but the pure cbd can bring down some of the insane effects of high thc, but everyone is different. I just want what's natural and provided by mother nature.

I want organic, sun kissed grown is quality soil without synthetic ferts, pesticides, etc. Hard to find where I am, and not in the position to grow my own (yet).

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I find it hard to discern between the effects of say a good 1:1 strain in flower form like pennywise (14% of both CBD and THC) and a high THC / low CBD cultivar with hemp derived CBD isolate supplemented. Maybe my symptoms are easily alleviated, however, that is just my experience. :peace:

psychonaut,

C No Ego

Forsure, like @MinnBobber was saying earlier....it's all about the whole plant, but the pure cbd can bring down some of the insane effects of high thc, but everyone is different. I just want what's natural and provided by mother nature.

I want organic, sun kissed grown is quality soil without synthetic ferts, pesticides, etc. Hard to find where I am, and not in the position to grow my own (yet).

generally the industrial hemp oil industry should not find it's way into medical... cbd can be bred into high cbd medical cannabis varieties that flower instead of stalk like an industrial hemp would do... the solvents and extracting would be extreme for getting a usable amount from stalky hemp varieties too making it not worth it ( except for ease of use through an illegal system that bans medical cbd varieties)... so it's another way prohibition has us winging it at the determent of our health...

in closing, do not use industrial cannabis oil from any supplier... stick to medical cbd varieties that are grown to flower and not stalk.. not directed at you @biohacker just generally speaking to everyone

C No Ego,

biohacker

thanks for the knowledge bomb C No Ego! What do you think about thc only tinctures from cannabis? Or thc and cbd 1:1 tinctures? These tinctures are in mct oil not alcohol.

biohacker,

C No Ego

thanks for the knowledge bomb C No Ego! What do you think about thc only tinctures from cannabis? Or thc and cbd 1:1 tinctures? These tinctures are in mct oil not alcohol.
since there is no industrial thc then depending on a clean source it should be good... it's when we take an industrial grown product and turn it into a medical product because of illegal parameters that block other healthier/cleaner versions of that same product from being massed produced.
think ethanol and how we turned corn for food into corn for fuel... now reverse that where the corn for fuel with lower food based growing regulations becomes corn for food without changing industrial growing regulations...

C No Ego,

pallfy

UPDATE: After taking this powder regularly for about two weeks, I suffered an adrenaline caused migraine that lasted two days. Good lord that was bad, and I have no history of migraines/headaches at all, and am always fine with adrenaline rushes. This is a new problem, I hope its not permanent now.

It might just be caused by prolonged cbd use. I had been taking moderate doses of cbd honey for about three weeks, followed by stronger doses of this cbd hemp powder for two weeks. Seems like I took too much for too long? And/Or this specific hemp cbd powder was bad.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Hi,
I immediately thought, since the CBD Hemp powder you bought is only 7% CBD and 93% "something else" , might it be the major unknown substance that is causing the migraine???
Also an FYI, I emailed the company where you got the CBD on May 21 and asked :
- what plant exactly does this come from, US hemp or foreign hemp or what source?
- what exactly is the 93% majority composed of vs the 7% CBD?
- do you have lab tests to show purity ad composition?
Sadly, no response whatsoever which to me tells a story.... EDIT-- at $5/gram for 7% CBD,
you can't expect much. END EDIT

In researching today's question, I found a quote from someone regarding CBD and headaches:

"I have just recently started taking CBD for headaches, and after three weeks of getting a worse headaches, I finally figured out that my CBD oil was cheap crap -- and that a LOT of it is. I bought Irie CBD Oil off Amazon, and the difference was phenomenal. No hangerover-y headache. Lots of relief. Word to the wise though -- I took a Tylenol with a half-dose of the CBD oil and it hit like it was a much bigger drug."

Note---can't endorse that CBD + Tylenol idea so proceed with caution on that ???

To repeat, IMO, I would never use a hemp based CBD product UNLESS it had full lab testing and that would be for even a 99% CBD product. For a 7% CBD + 93% unknown substance product, that goes 100X.....

Thanks for the update
Just checked out Irie CBD and , for example, their 1000 mg (1gram) of CBD tincture is $139. It contains 0.74% CBD so less than 1% or only 7.4 mg (0.0074 gram) of actual CBD. It costs a lot to extract pure, untainted CBD.
A $5 a gram CBD product just sets off the alarms.
Wish you could find a pure CBD to try.
Good luck

Last edited:
MinnBobber,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I can suggest cw botanicals and phytodabs for hemp derrived CBD. You can pick from a lot of different products. I suggest the isolate as its decarbed and ready to eat or vaporize. 99.9% pure.

C No Ego

UPDATE: After taking this powder regularly for about two weeks, I suffered an adrenaline caused migraine that lasted two days. Good lord that was bad, and I have no history of migraines/headaches at all, and am always fine with adrenaline rushes. This is a new problem, I hope its not permanent now.

It might just be caused by prolonged cbd use. I had been taking moderate doses of cbd honey for about three weeks, followed by stronger doses of this cbd hemp powder for two weeks. Seems like I took too much for too long? And/Or this specific hemp cbd powder was bad.
you could be getting loaded with heavy metals.... get some benonite clay or similar and start ingesting it to suck up some of the metals... and do NOT use industrial mass grown formulas for medicine... use medical grown formulas for medicine

C No Ego,
Top Bottom