CBD juice in a sub ohm mod and coil - will it destroy it or not? Keep getting conflicting info

wiggles

Hey everyone.

I had been using a knockoff Kanger EGO twist until a few days ago. I was working outside and the mouthpiece on my ego tank literally broke in half, dropping the battery and tank into a vat of liquid organic fertilizer. Needless to say I'm not using it again.

After years of using cannabis to help treat devastating neck spasms (muscle relaxers do jack shit), I wanted to try CBD oil. Our state has medical MJ, but I have been hesitant to apply for a card since they never updated our DUI statutes to allow for medical users to drive sober. Basically if you get pulled over, even sober, they will nail you to the wall for dui-d. I was warned not to do it yet by a local attorney unless my condition was so bad I already can't drive. While I can't drive when the spasms first set in, the intense pain eventually settles into a constant dull ache so I CAN drive.

So, I needed CBD oil, and I occasionally travel to states where other cannabinoids are legal, so I was hoping to use the mod there too with prefilled carts. After talking to 2 local vape shops, I settled in on a Voopoo drag mod with a .4 ohm coil (the starter kit). I also picked up a vial of Koi 500mg CBD vape oil.

I started using it very low, like I've been experimenting between 5 and 30w, but 5-10w seem to work best. I don't care about clouds. Just CBD.

Well, several folks have now told me that sub ohm vaping, even with very low wattage, destroys CBD and I need to switch to >1ohm coils.

Looking around, I am finding a mix of people who are on either side of this fence. Some say it destroys it no matter what, others say low wattage is fine, others say you can crank it up and cloud chase to your heart's content.

Can anyone help me here? What side is correct? Is the truth somewhere in the middle? What empirical evidence is there?

I'm already kinda overwhelmed by the features on the vape, and now I'm wondering if I wasted my money. :(

Any thoughts are deeply appreciated.

wiggles,

Vaporware

Do they propose a mechanism for its destruction? Or do they believe that it’s just vaporizing at too low a temp and it’s not fully activated or something like that?

If you’ve used it you should recognize whether or not you were getting the effects, at least if you’ve used it before, but if you haven’t it should feel kinda’ calming and relaxing...less on edge if you were on edge...physical effects of CBD alone haven’t been dramatic for me, but they could be for you.

I know that’s not a full answer for you, but I think it qualifies as “any thoughts. ;) :2c:

Vaporware,

fernand

That Vampoo box can do temp control. The old e-cig way is to limit the power and temp by eyeballing the button pushes. This is not a good way with oils. If you read the manual etc you can set it up to keep the coil at a temp which will not destroy your oils, just vaporize the different components. It's silly to waste them. If you limit the temp to CBD's boiling point, you won't destroy it.

Sounds smart not to jump onto that MMJ card registry for now.

I don't know what that CBD vape is exactly, but generally it's bullshit, i.e. an e-cig type liquid, VG and PG, or whatever, and these are water-soluble, used to thin the CBD. Cannabinoids are fat-soluble when in vaporizable form. And with the 500mg 30ml bottle you pay ~ $60 for, that's 16mg per ml. Not much. Besides, it's questionable whether CBD with no other cannabinoids is even of much value.

If you can, I'd try to get a real CBD rich oil (with some THC in it) from a fully legal state. And use your "CBD vape" as a cover, the box, the receipt etc.

There are all-CBD formulations with terpenes that have legal trace amounts of THC.

The way the real oil vapes work is 100% oils, no PG no VG no kiddie flavoring. There are atomizers you can use with your Vampoo that are made for oils, including some refillable cartridges. These carts are good:

https://www.shopharborside.com/oakland/#/shop/412/product/2410449

Good luck

Top Bottom