CBD Isolate??

TomBstoned

Hi,

I assist some folks that use CBD, mostly gummies and pain cream. The cost is a major barrier.

It seems pure CBD Isolate (looks like it's a crystalline powder) is much less expensive BUT how can one ingest isolate?
- vape it with proper containment?? Wrap in degummed hemp fiber?
- mix it with food and drink, like orange juice or peanut butter??

the CBD Isolate with terps price jumps way up :(

Any tips from Isolate users??
What companies offer super clean CBD (like CO grown) and lowest prices??

Thanks
I also make a salve. My mom uses it daily too. She's 79, has bad arthritis and a very bad right hip. She takes zero prescription drugs, and dosent use THC. The difference CBD has made in her pain level is amazing. If I didn't see it with my own eyes daily as she live's with me I probably would believe it, but it's legit! She's not totally pain free but can sleep for hours without waking up in pain. Obviously feels better when she wakes up. He balance is better, and her leg swelling is down alot! Her right leg swelling is down a good 75-80% and her left is pretty much normal.

asdf420

I thought CBD isolate dabs from cbdistillery tasted like grape, or something. I needed to take too much to really feel less anxious. Maybe 300mg. maybe they would be nicer using something other than a torch banger without carb cap or insert. The impairment I get from THC seems like too much. i spend too much time and money on mj, need to get my shit together

maybe the entourage effect is good for pain relief etc, but bullshit for mental health and functioning. at least for me

how about for eczema?

Last edited:

TomBstoned

I thought CBD isolate dabs from cbdistillery tasted like grape, or something. I needed to take too much to really feel less anxious. Maybe 300mg. maybe they would be nicer using something other than a torch banger without carb cap or insert. The impairment I get from THC seems like too much. i spend too much time on mj, need to get my shit together

how about for eczema?
Ppl say they get a cherry taste from fullyactivateds and CBDistillerys too. It dosent taste bad at all, but I don't get a cherry taste. I know CBDistillery has terpsolate. Terpene infused isolate. I haven't tried terpsolate. I'm not sure about eczema. I would try a topical, salve or balm. I make mine out of just isolate and coconut oil. It melts at 76°-77°f but soaks in fast, smell nice, and...it's how mom wants it!

TomBstoned,
Reactions: asdf420

TomBstoned

I thought CBD isolate dabs from cbdistillery tasted like grape, or something. I needed to take too much to really feel less anxious. Maybe 300mg. maybe they would be nicer using something other than a torch banger without carb cap or insert. The impairment I get from THC seems like too much. i spend too much time and money on mj, need to get my shit together

maybe the entourage effect is good for pain relief etc, but bullshit for mental health and functioning. at least for me

how about for eczema?
300mg is a huge dose of cbd. Isolate is already decarbed, no need at all for high heat. This shit is bomb! Best cbd eliquid I've tried! I make my own eliquid, nicotine and cbd, but this stuff..works very well. Its the only cbd juice I've ever been able to actually feel with just a few hits. And that's when mixed 50/50 with SAUC CBD eliquid. SAUC Sour D 150mg. So, it's 5mg per ml. Fully activated 1500mg fs vape juice, so 50mg per ml. Mixed it would be 27.5mg per ml. Vaped out of a vaporesso orca solo with a 1.3Ω Ccell coil. https://www.fullyactivated.net/products/1500mg-full-spectrum-vape-juice

TomBstoned

I, and a group of medical patients, have been using CBD isolate from Isodiol. We shared about 50 grams and have been vaping it. You can eat it but then your absorption goes way down from like 40% vaping to like 18% when eating so it gets expensive to eat it. I either hit it off a nail or put it in my Loto Labs Lux. I went to Isodiol's website and it has totally changed but here is a link to their bulk, anhydrous, pure CBD isolate crystal.

https://isodiol.com/product/nutra99/

Here is a sesh I did with CBD isolate and some fresh pressed sour diesel rosin . . . :ko:

Skip to 3:10 for the best look at the CBD isolate if you wish . . .

That's a good Price. $15 a gram. Www.fullyactivated.net has excellent isolate for $450 for 28gr 10ofanytime takes it to $405. $14.46gr They send some free stuff with large orders. I got an oz on 4-20 for $382.50. They have slab form too, which is much easier to vape than powder. I use quite a bit of cbd between me and my mom. She dosent use thc, but finally been using cbd for a few months now.

MinnBobber

Thanks. I should try making salve, pure isolate CBD + coconut oil as that seems eazy peazy...

I use store-bought 1200 mg pain cream now for plantar fasciitis but if homemade oil would help the foot pain,
that would be nice.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I've been thinking about buying a nice salve with herbal oils that help with inflammation and pain, and adding the isolate to it.

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: MinnBobber

MinnBobber

I've been thinking about buying a nice salve with herbal oils that help with inflammation and pain, and adding the isolate to it.

So just a regular salve (no cannabis) and add the CBD?
I wonder what one would need to do to get CBD to dissolve? I'm just assuming room temp might not be enough??

Great idea if it can work.
I have sous vide setup so, for example, could have water bath at 120 F (or any temp) where CBD isolate dissolves BUT
salve is not messed up.

Very interesting idea.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
So just a regular salve (no cannabis) and add the CBD?
I wonder what one would need to do to get CBD to dissolve? I'm just assuming room temp might not be enough??

Great idea if it can work.
I have sous vide setup so, for example, could have water bath at 120 F (or any temp) where CBD isolate dissolves BUT
salve is not messed up.

Very interesting idea.
Yes, warm the salve to where it softens up, add the cbd isolate, stir, let cool, and it should be good.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The Isodiol CBD isolate is water soluble I believe. I went to double check and their site is down for maintenance, but I'm sure the product listing said it was. You can use it in drinks etc . . .

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Had an awesome experience with a drug against my pain - Kratom. Works even much better than CBD and also chemical opiates. It could even help my gf who has nearly ever strong pain. For sure not for every day but if it's getting unbearable it works wonders.

vinceicbd

Hey all- great thread. I've learned a ton reading through. I've got some isolate, crumble, and shatter on order from Extract Labs that I am going to try in my yocan evolve when it shows up later this week, I'll report back.

Reading through this thread I saw lots of questions on isolate pricing. I've been hard at work putting together a CBD resource, part of which includes a price chart where you can sort by isolate: https://intellicbd.com/price-chart/?spectrum=isolate&product-type=cbd-isolate

The chart also includes a transparency rating for each brand which is a measure of each brand's practices in providing company info, hemp sourcing, and lab reports. Hope this is handy for you all.

Last edited:

asdf420

I tried looking up how to add terpenes to cbd isolate, but i couldn't find anything. anyone know? Should I melt my CBD isolate (ie in a bain-marie) and mix the terpenes in? How many ml of terpenes to how many grams of isolate?

@vinceicbd your site is awesome!

asdf420

i ordered an arcadia longmada motar and 3.5 g of cbd isolate powder. looking forward to mixing in those ct abacus terpenes.

has anyone used cbd isolate+terpenes in cartridges? Just like distillate?

asdf420,

asdf420

In regards to CBD isolate . . . even if you are are not consuming flower or concentrate, this is still a game changer. Came home tonight after a wine gathering and pure CBD helped a lot with calming, clarity, and well being.
how did you take it?

asdf420,
Reactions: t-dub

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've been wanting to try CBD Isolate for some time.
I was going to order a gram of the CBD Isolate Slab from CBDistillary, so I can easily "dab" it. Then I notice that they have the 80% Broad Spectrum CBD Wax, that costs over 60% more per gram, and it has much higher levels of CBDV and CBDG in it. And I'm wondering, is it worth the more than 60% higher price-tag?

I have noticed my joint pain in my ankles and knees virtually disappear when I took large enough doses (10g - 16g) of my saved ABV, which is part of why I'm interested in CBD Isolate, to see if it'll help more with my joint pain.

TheResistance

Hi,

I assist some folks that use CBD, mostly gummies and pain cream. The cost is a major barrier.

It seems pure CBD Isolate (looks like it's a crystalline powder) is much less expensive BUT how can one ingest isolate?
- vape it with proper containment?? Wrap in degummed hemp fiber?
- mix it with food and drink, like orange juice or peanut butter??

the CBD Isolate with terps price jumps way up :(

Any tips from Isolate users??
What companies offer super clean CBD (like CO grown) and lowest prices??

Thanks

CBDistillery is one of the best I've tried for isolate, also you might want to look into their full spectrum wax if thats something that interests you.

TheResistance,
Reactions: Hogni

Ramahs

Anyone know any discount codes for CBDistillery?

**edit**
I found a 10% off code that worked. I ordered 1 gram of CBD Isolate Slab (something I can drop in a banger).

Looking forward to trying it.

Last edited:
Ramahs,

asdf420

fullyactivated is cheaper.
One should really only add maybe two drops of terpenes to a gram of CBD isolate if it's to be used in something like a CCELL cart, otherwise it gets too thin. And I don't know what else i'm missing, the stuff seemed to really crystallize in the cartridge over time, although it had been rather thin

asdf420,
Reactions: Hogni

Ramahs

Okay. I'm on my third gram of CBDab Isolate Slab from CBDistillary, and have been enjoying it in the evenings.

fullyactivated.net was recommended on reddit as well.
I like their prices, and they have a buy one, get one 50% off sale right now. Anyone else have experience with them?

Ramahs,
Reactions: asdf420
Top Bottom