CBD Isolate??

MinnBobber

Hi,

I assist some folks that use CBD, mostly gummies and pain cream. The cost is a major barrier.

It seems pure CBD Isolate (looks like it's a crystalline powder) is much less expensive BUT how can one ingest isolate?
- vape it with proper containment?? Wrap in degummed hemp fiber?
- mix it with food and drink, like orange juice or peanut butter??

the CBD Isolate with terps price jumps way up :(

Any tips from Isolate users??
What companies offer super clean CBD (like CO grown) and lowest prices??

Thanks

dynospec

I just got some last week for the first time, a half gram to try and I have quite a bit left despite using a bit every day. At first I was just using really small amounts on my e-nail, but its kinda cumbersome and requires a steady hand since the stuff I got is mostly powder with some chunks.

I decided to try sprinkling small amounts in with bud in my EQ with the DDave 18mm adapter, and with the temp set 210-220 it melts into the bud pretty much right away and then it vapes well. I havnt yet tried it any other ways but think that to use it orally or in drinks/food it would need to be decarbed and dissolved in coconut oil or something but Im not totally sure.

I got a half gram for 25$, will get the whole gram for 40 next time I think. Im in Canada so cant help with supplier really, but the stuff I got was from Thompson Caribou.

Good luck with your hunt for isolate related info, I like it quite a bit. It is a easy way to enrich any session with some CBD or if you want a bigger hit of it all at once you can take a dab of it. I found that you can actually feel it if you take a little dab of it after consuming a bit of THC, since it mellows it out a little bit. For anyone that gets medical benefits from CBD isolate is a terrific tool to have in the arsenal, but remember a little goes a long way. I cut out a straw to make a sharp pointed scoop, and just put a tiny bit on the tip probably around 20-30 mg maybe even a bit less actually.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
My gf uses CBD crystalls with our NV SH. Just a tiny bit of powder into the dish and you'll immediately feel the efffects. After 2-3 minutes it's on top. Awesome. No taste, no residue even on the ti dish of the SH. But she does a short qtipping after use as sual but not really necessary.
Now we have some extracts with different terpenes from XTRACT, a drier crumbled wax like stuff, which is awseome tasting. It's a really young German guy who has learned the art of extraction the last three years in the US. Recommended.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
My gf uses CBD crystalls with our NV SH. Just a tiny bit of powder into the dish and you'll immediately feel the efffects. After 2-3 minutes it's on top. Awesome. No taste, no residue even on the ti dish of the SH. But she does a short qtipping after use as sual but not really necessary.
Now we have some extracts with different terpenes from XTRACT, a drier crumbled wax like stuff, which is awseome tasting. It's a really young German guy who has learned the art of extraction the last three years in the US. Recommended.
Is there somewhere we can see the prices ? I am getting lately into CBD and i am very happy with some stuff from Slovenia,they also have crumble and isolate.I prefer the crumble.ALso recently i have aquired a 20% CBD ,TFE extract.. strange thing is that it taste nice although it has a lot of waxes,i wouldnt try to dab without temp control with this stuff but it works with flowers.

Hogni

I don't know. I got the terpene stuff discounted for €38/g at the Mary Jane convention in Berlin a few weeks ago. But I don't know his regular prices.

btka

Is there somewhere we can see the prices ? I am getting lately into CBD and i am very happy with some stuff from Slovenia,they also have crumble and isolate.I prefer the crumble.ALso recently i have aquired a 20% CBD ,TFE extract.. strange thing is that it taste nice although it has a lot of waxes,i wouldnt try to dab without temp control with this stuff but it works with flowers.

https://xtract.de/shop/
@Hogni do you know if this are cannabis derived terpenes...

I tried the crumble and destilate from this company they have cannabis derived terpenes:

https://synergyextracts.co.uk/shop/

I liked the distillate with canna derived terpenes and their distillate vape pen...
also the crumbles was very nice but it is easier to use the distillate with their vape pen for me...

BTW you can use crystal and crumbles with a concentrate pen... or you can make edibles... you can as far as I understood dilute crystals, crumbles with terpenes or pg, vg and use it in an e cig tank... or vape pen for thick oils..

Hogni

I'm not sure. So far as I know those which are in ruderalis at least. But they are all self extracted natural terpenes no synthetic ones.
Crazy guy. He's just 19, founded his company with 18 and have been stayed in the US for learning extraction the years before. All of his stuff I've seen and tested is awesome.

Abysmal Vapor

@Hogni Does he extract everything on his own ? That is some expensive gear to own by a 19 year old for sure. Maybe he is just mixing ready made CBD isolate with terpenes ?
Also importing the hemp for the production of CBD isolate must be more expensive than importing cbd isolate. Unless it is not grown locally ,i think it is most probably he is just mixing the stuff.

hans solo

Left coast Canada
I looked into the CBD isolate and could not find a lot of information on effective dosing and delivery methods. My current preferred product and delivery method is Viridesco oil 28% CBD golden organic hemp flower paste. The product is packaged in a dispenser that is easy to use and and is accurate at measuring out the dosage required.

Hogni

Meanwhile there are a lot of hemp fields in Germany. CBD and other hemp products are getting big buisiness pretty fast the last years in Germany. Therefore he don't have to import hemp. And yes he does all himself. So far as I know he really isn't a kid of poor parents. And he has a lot of equipment (Presses, BHO closed loop, CO2)

Abysmal Vapor

That is cool. My info on the equipment is quite limited,cause it comes from a guy that has fields and factory in Romania,one stop distribution. He also aint a poor parents kid but said TFE equipment and the industrial grade C02 cost more than a beachhouse each,but i imagine there also can be a small scale equipment that is affordable for smaller players "pharmaceutical" industry. Those equipments are nothing new in the perfume industry though ,those teks are there for years, so probably aint hard to get it second hand in a country with an industry so well developed :).
I cannot get a quote on the shipping prices to my country,but if they are low enough i might try his stuff,prices are OK ,if the quality is right.
Sofar i have tried.
Grizzly dabs 20% CBD
Endoca CBD crystal 99%
Synergy Xtracts double banana tangie
Kannastar crumble -80% CBD + lots of terpenes almost too much...
Won M95's 99% from a giveaway ,waiting for it to arrive,it is made in the NL.
TFE 20% fullspectrum - 6/10
All of those are 0% THC.

Last edited:

Hogni

Look for the tri clamp parts in China. That stuff is so much cheaper than whole setups bought in the US or in Europe (mostly made/assembled out of the same Chinese stuff). You just have to know what you need and you'll get the whole industrial setup for 1-3k

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I, and a group of medical patients, have been using CBD isolate from Isodiol. We shared about 50 grams and have been vaping it. You can eat it but then your absorption goes way down from like 40% vaping to like 18% when eating so it gets expensive to eat it. I either hit it off a nail or put it in my Loto Labs Lux. I went to Isodiol's website and it has totally changed but here is a link to their bulk, anhydrous, pure CBD isolate crystal.

https://isodiol.com/product/nutra99/

Here is a sesh I did with CBD isolate and some fresh pressed sour diesel rosin . . . :ko:

Skip to 3:10 for the best look at the CBD isolate if you wish . . .

Last edited:

btka

Meanwhile there are a lot of hemp fields in Germany. CBD and other hemp products are getting big buisiness pretty fast the last years in Germany. Therefore he don't have to import hemp. And yes he does all himself. So far as I know he really isn't a kid of poor parents. And he has a lot of equipment (Presses, BHO closed loop, CO2)

As far as I know if he uses cannabis derived terpenes he has to import them from US because I do not think he is allowed to grow or buy plants which contain thc... as far as I know synergyexctracts is importing them from US

That is cool. My info on the equipment is quite limited,cause it comes from a guy that has fields and factory in Romania,one stop distribution. He also aint a poor parents kid but said TFE equipment and the industrial grade C02 cost more than a beachhouse each,but i imagine there also can be a small scale equipment that is affordable for smaller players "pharmaceutical" industry. Those equipments are nothing new in the perfume industry though ,those teks are there for years, so probably aint hard to get it second hand in a country with an industry so well developed :).
I cannot get a quote on the shipping prices to my country,but if they are low enough i might try his stuff,prices are OK ,if the quality is right.
Sofar i have tried.
Grizzly dabs 20% CBD
Endoca CBD crystal 99%
Synergy Xtracts double banana tangie
Kannastar crumble -80% CBD + lots of terpenes almost too much...
Won M95's 99% from a giveaway ,waiting for it to arrive,it is made in the NL.
TFE 20% fullspectrum - 6/10
All of those are 0% THC.

how did you like the synergy extracts.... double banana tangie is cannabis inspired terpenes not cannabis derived terpenes... what was the differnce to the other suppliers....

Abysmal Vapor

@btka Those terpenes can be derived from below the limit THC.I dont if you have tried but there are CBD strains under 0.2THC which taste like heaven. All the terps are there ,and of course can be rearranged.
Double banana tangie ,tasted not right i could definetly tell someone did it but not mother nature.
Btw if you look around there are even terpenes derived from CBD strains.

btka

@btka Those terpenes can be derived from below the limit THC.I dont if you have tried but there are CBD strains under 0.2THC which taste like heaven. All the terps are there ,and of course can be rearranged.
Double banana tangie ,tasted not right i could definetly tell someone did it but not mother nature.
Btw if you look around there are even terpenes derived from CBD strains.
but if you sell cbd- crumble, crystal and so on and you name the product "terpsolate blue dream" then you have to use blue dream derived terps (and blue dream is a strain which contains thc) Synergiextract source their cannabis derived terps from US ... where it is not illegal to derive terpens from thc containing strains...

also heard it is better to use derived terps from cannabis then to mix different terps to match or resample a cannabis strain terp profil... but do not ask me why...

Abysmal Vapor

Well,i dont think you are obligated to use blue dream derived terpenes if you name your product blue dream whatever...
Anyway i cannot care less if it is blue dream for real or not... There is some much variation from one plant to another and phenotypes and every bank has their own version of what supposes to be bluish dream , that it is far stretched to think that there some kind of exact standard for taste,i would go even further and say taste varies within a single plants fruits .Because i am me i would buy only canna derived terpenes either from hemp or else.Probably this is also the reason why they say it is better assembled than straight copied,to achieve similarity in flavor profiles. That being said i dont see nothing wrong with the other stuff,it is just not best to my preference.

Last edited:

btka

Well,i dont think you are obligated to use blue dream derived terpenes if you name your product blue dream whatever...
Anyway i cannot care less if it is blue dream for real or not... There is some much variation from one plant to another and phenotypes and every bank has their own version of what supposes to be bluish dream , that it is far stretched to think that there some kind of exact standard for taste,i would go even further and say taste varies within a single plants fruits .Because i am me i would buy only canna derived terpenes either from hemp or else.

yes you are right...

but from what source are the not cannabis derived terpens?
for example Synergy Xtracts double banana tangie which they describe as non cannabis derived do you think the terps are derived frm hemp... I got from them orange diesel crumble as a sample and it was also non cannabis derived. it tasted great like oranges... do not think that the terps they used are from hemp...

Abysmal Vapor

They are from veggies and fruits,i have looked it up. Essential oils from various plants are ultra rich in terpenes.. there are plants that have up to crazy high mystircyn like parsley and nutmeg..
Most essential oils are actually derived from plants waxes and resins and trichomes :)).., some of them are even psychedelic if metabolized properly ,there is a thing called oilhuasca if you want you can look it up :).
I can for sure say that it really alters the effects when you mix MJ with various herbs like damiana,lotus,white sage,mint,lemon grass... Sometimes it just tastes shitty because all these herbs vape best at different temps,but if the extract of them is combined the product will be to be said at very least interesting.
Probably we will see in the future CBD and other extracts combined with extract from other herbs which are also cool for vaporizing. I would for sure like to hit some CBD with damiana and lotus tepenes or white sage.. it would be divine :).

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
In my experience, CBD does change the high from my cannabis. Despite going a little too far last night, it was a good night. I fell asleep instantly and slept hard and long. The funny thing is I was listening to some music in headphones and felt fine until I turned out the lights.

I have mixed feelings about terps. I no longer buy into the importance of terps or even "entourage effect"...it's a smell and a flavor, which can enhance the experience, but I don't believe they actually hold medicinal qualities for me...or at least it's such a small effect that it's essentially imperceptible to me. But we each react differently to the same compounds, so what's true for me isn't necessarily true for anyone else, though I imagine there are others like me.

I have limited experience with CBD isolate by itself, but when I add it to my vaporizer bowl on top of some ground herb, it's a wonderful "entourage effect"....it feels like a more complete high...deeper, stronger. It really gets at my pain, also feels great. But I can easily go too far this way, whereas with straight herb it would take a couple Elev8r bowls in a row or something similar to make me "too high". The cost is the biggest problem I have, but I've found a few online from 20-30 usd for a gram, compared to like 80-90 a gram locally for CBD isolate. I'm such an old fogie, so I'm afraid of getting ripped off online.
Also, I noticed most of the good looking stuff from phytodabs is gone from their site. What's up widdat?

Diggy Smalls,

ViCKi LEEKX

Fuck Vaporizer Combustion
This is pretty similar to how I’ve been using CBD isolate in slab form except that I don’t bother with the dish; I drop it on top of the flower in my bowl. Very clean and I love the effects.

The CBD isolate I have was purchased from a LHS and I’ve been happy with it, but I feel pretty uninformed when it comes to evaluating such things. What would you guys recommend looking for or taking into account when choosing one source or product over another?

TomBstoned

Hi,

I assist some folks that use CBD, mostly gummies and pain cream. The cost is a major barrier.

It seems pure CBD Isolate (looks like it's a crystalline powder) is much less expensive BUT how can one ingest isolate?
- vape it with proper containment?? Wrap in degummed hemp fiber?
- mix it with food and drink, like orange juice or peanut butter??

the CBD Isolate with terps price jumps way up :(

Any tips from Isolate users??
What companies offer super clean CBD (like CO grown) and lowest prices??

Thanks
Hi MinnBobber, looks like your thread to hijacked. I can tell ya some stuff tho. Best and cheapest place to buy cbd isolate is www.fullyactivated.net it's where I've been buying from now. Using is easy. For vaping the slab form is best, used in a normal solid concentrate atomizer. Or dab rig. The powder can be inhaled when you hit your vape, but it possible to vape the powder. Tinctures are made very easily! Isolate and a carrier oil. I use mct oil, same as many companies. Hemp seed oil and olive oil are also used, but mct seems to be the most popular. 1 gram is 1000mg I make a 3000mg 30ml tincture for my mom, with added hemp derived terpenes from hemp strain abacus. I use it too, but vape cbd more often. Isolate powder is very easy to make eliquid with too. I've done that too. Fullyactivateds isolate is excellent, and its $20 a gram. Cheaper in bulk, they sell 3.5g,7g,14g and 28gr for $450. I bought a ounce, 28 grams on 420 for $382.50 shipped! You can use 10offanytime for 10% off non sale items. That code is always good too. If I can help with anything, let me know. I'm happy to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom