• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CBD Extraction Teks

bluesurfboy

I know there are some other threads on this site and others, but i wanted to make a thread discussing the different known methods as well as speculate/develop new techniques for extracting CBD for use.

The two main ways ive found is by:
1. temperature fractionalizing when vaporizing the herb
- basically burning off the THC by vaporizing Delta 8 THC @ 175 degrees centrigrade and Delta 9 THC @ 157 degrees centigrade.
(refer:https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php?/topic/22485-want-cbd-not-thc/)

2. extract oils from plant material via known BHO methods, then take known bho/AA and either convert into CBD or refine into CBD

It would be nice to get more insight on the pros and cons of both and maybe even some input on something new.

bluesurfboy

I have seen that thread also, i saw it more as an overall discussion of CBD strains, and I wanted to make this thread specific to the actual "teks/techniques" and "how-tos" and possibly even more brainstorming and overall conversation regarding the techniques.

I have yet to try the ABV method for getting CBD (assuming of course you didnt overheat during the vaporization = no more CBD to extract)

if you vaporize with the right temperature you leave the CBD to be extracted but then there are also the other cannabinoids and other compounds that have an even higher boiling point than CBD and therefore will most likely tag along for the extraction. My understanding of those chemicals is very limited as the research on it is almost nonexistent.

However interestingly enough and im sure someone else can verify this....

I heard about a new strain in India that is ALL CBD and no THC, they someone accomplished this through crossing, natural or genetically modified i do not know but from what my friend told me, it will be a while before you see it anywhere and because the Indian government is involved, possibly never.

bluesurfboy

I have come across this recommendation before, has anything tried this before? my main concern would be the outer shell of the flax seed and ways to properly extract. Is there any method of preparation necessary to obtain proper extraction?

I wasnt able to find much information or "teks" on this currently, i know its a newer discovery and so there isnt a lot of experimentation. Just like to stay on top of the ball. and im sure there will be results from experiments popping up here and there

bluesurfboy,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Ya if it comes from inside the seed or the oil I would see having to at least macerate the flax seed, great concept though.

Puffers,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I do wonder exactly how much CBD is in there… In the study I linked, they were working with a particular strain of flax that they had specifically bred to maximize a different chemical, when they noticed the spike in CBD. They weren't working with grocery store flax.

Another thing that interested me about that study is the part where they suggest creating flax fabric with active CBD inside for use in bandaging… I wonder if this has been explored with cannabis? We all know hemp makes great fabric; what about hemp cloth made from a C. Indica strain? Could there really be active cannabinoids in such a fabric? Just thinking out loud.

GR

Do you want to isolate the CBD only?

Finding that less purge and heat lead to a higher cBD test result. Sorry no help from me for a only CBD. My buddy is experiencing pain relief from the oil with higher CBD the more heavily purged oils that may be purer but most CBD is gone after that and he gets far less pain relief from them. Same strains tested with a heavy purge are lower in CBDs. CBDs are something we are looking for and keeping them in our oils is high priority, I think finding a way to isolate this would be a great accomplishment.

I have nothing for only getting CBDs out and trashing the rest. If you find it I hope you post it, many will benefit from it.

GR,

Furianlord

Do you want to isolate the CBD only?

Finding that less purge and heat lead to a higher cBD test result. Sorry no help from me for a only CBD. My buddy is experiencing pain relief from the oil with higher CBD the more heavily purged oils that may be purer but most CBD is gone after that and he gets far less pain relief from them. Same strains tested with a heavy purge are lower in CBDs. CBDs are something we are looking for and keeping them in our oils is high priority, I think finding a way to isolate this would be a great accomplishment.

I have nothing for only getting CBDs out and trashing the rest. If you find it I hope you post it, many will benefit from it.
Only the heat is a contributing factor in CBD conversions please purge your oil under vacuum pressure repeatedly until there are no more bubbles at the least.

Furianlord,
Top Bottom