CBD dosing?

MinnBobber

What's been your experience on CBD dosing for degenerative back pain? I'm helping a friend's wife who has never even smoked a cig/ never had cannabis so looking to CBD edibles. She does not want THC psychoactive effects. Edibles are probably better than vaping anyhow, for long lasting effects. 70 years old.

IF it was THC product, I'd recommend starting with a very low dose--like 2 mg. Since that's not an issue, I was thinking 5 mg of CBD edible as a start.... from CBD gummies.
Pain impacts her sleeping so thinking of 5 mg edible with whole milk chaser or hot chocolate chaser to give it a good "fat carrier".

During the day, she could try 5 mg and wait 2 hours, add 5 mg if needed.

I'm thinking 5 mg CBD is really a low dose but best to start low and slow???

what's been your experience on CBD dosing?? Thanks

MinnBobber,

MegaMan2k

I just finnished a cannatonic plant and that stuff dont make high at all even when dabbed.
Would be a great profile to use in a coconut oil extration for a person that dont wanna get high.

However imo i think the term “high” is bs
I see it as a natrual burst of energy
Or a system out of balance being put back into balance

MegaMan2k,

uncanni

Hey MinnBobber, take a look at the book (I mentioned in another topic): CBD A Patient's Guide to Medicinal Cannabis (Leinow and Birnbaum). It gives dosage guidelines by body weight in three categories: micro, standard and macro dosing (depending on ailment.)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
When I first went in for my medical prescription, the doctor suggested to start low, 1:15 ratio at 0.33mg THC / 5mg CBD. I felt a lot of nervous energies lifted at that dosage. I went as high as 20-25mg for pain relief and I honestly didn't find much of a difference. THC seemed to be the big catalyst unfortunately, for those in illegal states or those who are not comfortable with euphoria, they are missing out on a lot of relief with the ensemble effect, but even more so if not consuming full spectrum medicine from a cultivar.

When taken in higher doses around 60-80mg I started to experience nervous energy, so I am quite mindful to dose CBD a bit lower.

This was all edible as it was the only way for me to gauge the doses (caregiver purchased) prior to obtaining 99.9% isolate. Now I can weigh milligrams of isolate, but to be honest I am not using much CBD now a days, only when I get injured or have some nervous energys brewing.

MinnBobber

Wish I could get CBD + THC but can only access CBD here in MN :(
So, CBD gummies it is, from a company that uses only CO grown hemp.

Where the hemp comes from is a big issue for me---need a clean starting product!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
CBD isolate dabs really well, I dunno if that is an option. My wife took a huge CBD rip off my SiC Halo (she doesn't consume) and got almost instant headache relief. Drop a lil chip in the dish and cap it, better than any over the counter NSAID's =)

MinnBobber

I want CBD to vape---for me. Friend's wife not likely to want to vape anything--edibles for her
They have CBD Isolate, powder---which they say does not work for vaping??? This would be for me as a pain med/ supplement to add to cannabis.
Wouldn't it work for vaping? Sprinkle on cannabis and vape???

Their CBD slab isolate is only available with terps = much more expensive. If the powder isolate worked, I 'd order some of that.
They do offer CBD wax for vaping but the cost per mg CBD is also much more than the CBD Isolate POWDER---if that would work...

MinnBobber,
Reactions: shredder

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I dab isolate on a nail either powder or a chip off the slab. A scoop dabber helps with the powder to get it in the dish. It works well in a dry herb vaporizer on top of flowers too, it'll melt into the flowers and give you a lot more vapor.

You can also make edibles/capsules out of isolate if you have a proper scale for micro measurements. Much cheaper IMO.

uncanni

I want CBD to vape---for me. Friend's wife not likely to want to vape anything--edibles for her
They have CBD Isolate, powder---which they say does not work for vaping??? This would be for me as a pain med/ supplement to add to cannabis.
Wouldn't it work for vaping? Sprinkle on cannabis and vape???

Their CBD slab isolate is only available with terps = much more expensive. If the powder isolate worked, I 'd order some of that.
They do offer CBD wax for vaping but the cost per mg CBD is also much more than the CBD Isolate POWDER---if that would work...

I vaporize CBD slab which I crumble and put on top of some bud. It works great in my Plenty vaporizer.

janewiggins

i get pure cbd and these cbd products i have chronic arthritis and its degenerative so i know about pain. ive always used one product and one cbd in pure form . i vape my isolate using a liquid pad in a crafty and it kills / dulls the lower back area nicely . i just found a good site to get the stuffs from and i can pay online here you go if anyone needs something proper

dosing wise - 0,05G of the pure cbd crystal every day along with vaping canavape complete after just 2 days i have downed my opiate intake by 30% no jokes.

https://cbdeco.co.uk/product/canavape-complete-granddaddy-purple/

https://cbdeco.co.uk/product-category/enviumpurecbdwholesale/

so glad i found this thread - interested to know how others dose pure cbd crystals. mine are so nice . i can count them and they look like diamonds :) :) <3 . <3

Last edited by a moderator:

mixchu69

Where the hemp comes from is a big issue for me---need a clean starting product!
I have been dabbling with some cbd products, specifically tinctures and isolate. If your friend's wife doesnt want to vape, she can ingest the isolate straight. I am currently trying out purekana and cbddistillery but would also like to find a company that uses CO grown hemp. All the ones i got only say "hemp extract" on the ingredients. How do we know if they are using good quality?

janewiggins

oh yeah i can vouch for phytodabs - we had product from them sent to the uk and distillery. this envium cbd crystal i am buying here is the uk is like nothing i have had, its crazy i can melt it and add some cherry fiz additive, (at low % to enable a recrystallisation) its then dabbable and like nothing else ive found on the cbd scene. pure bliss... better than the canavape cbd additive i tried last week and thats over 12%! the other products i mention from the canavape company are like the most incredible cbd e liquids i have had. a friend first told me about the Og jane strain with terpenes in and i tried it like i was going to be disappointed...

i was just BLOWN away and when i work out the dosage compared to isolate its tiny but in a large bottle i guess......... after a year of buying a bottle per month i realise this product is different.... so i call them up and ask what the hell they are doing so different to us products i had been getting shipped here. .. and they claim they use cbg.... so i laughed. :) .... BUT its true. So there is not only a amazing isolate here in the uk but also products already giving me cbg as well as cbd lol.... and a bottle lasts a month. then i see the US market and i can only see one thing happening... these products are going to help millions. Especially people like me who would rather spend £45 a month... about $65 ... to be 50% pain...less without upping crappy opiates all day long.

i praise the brands i use because they seem to be worth my money and they work for some very serious problems .... i of course love all cbd equally and the wonder that is the evolution of cannabis <3 <3

uncanni

I have been dabbling with some cbd products, specifically tinctures and isolate. If your friend's wife doesnt want to vape, she can ingest the isolate straight. I am currently trying out purekana and cbddistillery but would also like to find a company that uses CO grown hemp. All the ones i got only say "hemp extract" on the ingredients. How do we know if they are using good quality?

CBDistillery uses CO-grown hemp, GMO-free and pesticide-free. No other site that I've investigated can beat their prices. I buy the isolate slab.

uncanni,
Reactions: mixchu69

MyCollie

I use a coconut oil based Cannatonic tincture that was developed for children who have seizures. It's a no-THC tincture.... so it's not blended with other strains. I use the tincture for neuropathic pain, and residual pain from cancer treatments, and anxiety and stress.

One of the owners of the dispensary suggested I start dosing low. Mine is 20mg per 1ml so I started with 1/4 dropper. I guess that's relatively low. I tried a double dose of it (two droppers) and fell asleep not long afterwards. It's just very expensive at the dispensary. I wish CBD isolate was available more often. Other options here are CBD concentrates and cartridges but they all seem to have THC with varying percentages.

CBD only flowers are available on a regular basis but there are purchase limits. I've thought about making my own coconut oil tincture from them. Some people vape the flowers alone and others mix them with whatever THC heavy strain they prefer.

MyCollie,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@MyCollife are you in the US? If so you can order CBD isolate 99.9% pure from some of the online vendors listed in this thread (phytodabs.com, thecbdistillery.com). I can vouch for phytodabs, I think I was getting 999mg CBD gram slabs for $25g when I purchased 10 grams.

With that you can vaporize it or make medible oil with it using coconut oil.

MyCollie

@MyCollife are you in the US? If so you can order CBD isolate 99.9% pure from some of the online vendors listed in this thread (phytodabs.com, thecbdistillery.com). I can vouch for phytodabs, I think I was getting 999mg CBD gram slabs for $25g when I purchased 10 grams.

With that you can vaporize it or make medible oil with it using coconut oil.

I am. I might give that a go... it's just so expensive at the dispensary here. The CBD flowers are great though.

I'll check out the phytobads site now.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
It'll save you money on medicine and they have testing for their products. My wife does not consume THC but uses lil chips of those slabs and swallows them with a glass of water instead of NSAID's. It's working for her headaches using about 10-15mg of isolate.

50mg CBD canna-chews (made from cannabis?) from the dispensary here is $10 for medical patients. Not cheap either =(

psychonaut,
Reactions: C No Ego

janewiggins

It'll save you money on medicine and they have testing for their products. My wife does not consume THC but uses lil chips of those slabs and swallows them with a glass of water instead of NSAID's. It's working for her headaches using about 10-15mg of isolate.

50mg CBD canna-chews (made from cannabis?) from the dispensary here is $10 for medical patients. Not cheap either =(

its a joke the cost of cbd edibles in the uk right now its a rip off and people are being had on... i saw these costs and compared them to the dosing i am doing which is bang on 50mg a dose. My husband has very very good scales and we are getting this really stunning pure cbd from here https://www.canavape.co.uk/1-gram---envium-pure-cbd-2101-p.asp (i hope you dont mind the link i just want to help save people money)

so with 1010MG which is what it measured at (a single gram tub we actually bought 5 X 1G... all of which were over weight exactly and almost clear its so pure... and that was discounted to like £200 for 5G! )So it is actually more than half the price to make yourself and dose accurelty using isolate . I also find some products here in the UK to be very easy to dose with due to consistency. Unformtunetly i have had lots of prodicts which seem different even when they are meant to be the same... some dodgy cannabis companies out there in europe where its not so well evolved. I am looking at some new cbd which claims to have over 15% CBG and CBC in. its a blended wax... as soon as i have it i will post a link . im all about mixing it up. currently making.... Flavour drops for the crafty pads! I will post some pictures of the packaging its awesome and dispenses 0.25ml per click. then you just fire up your device to 200 degrees and it creates plumes of relaxing vapours. :) :)

JadeLioness

What's been your experience on CBD dosing for degenerative back pain? I'm helping a friend's wife who has never even smoked a cig/ never had cannabis so looking to CBD edibles. She does not want THC psychoactive effects. Edibles are probably better than vaping anyhow, for long lasting effects. 70 years old.

IF it was THC product, I'd recommend starting with a very low dose--like 2 mg. Since that's not an issue, I was thinking 5 mg of CBD edible as a start.... from CBD gummies.
Pain impacts her sleeping so thinking of 5 mg edible with whole milk chaser or hot chocolate chaser to give it a good "fat carrier".

During the day, she could try 5 mg and wait 2 hours, add 5 mg if needed.

I'm thinking 5 mg CBD is really a low dose but best to start low and slow???

what's been your experience on CBD dosing?? Thanks

I think 5mg is a good starting place. I think 10mg is a more common dose. But some people need much larger doses for sure.

MinnBobber

I think 5mg is a good starting place. I think 10mg is a more common dose. But some people need much larger doses for sure.
....................................................................................
Thanks.
I've got 20 mg CBD-only gummies coming and was thinking 1/3 gummie for her morning pain and for her to try 1/3 gummie 90 minutes before bed, as pain and poor sleep are her biggest issues. Assess after a week---what's she feeling like??

The good thing is that she could probably take 50 mg of CBD with no ill effects so 7 mg should be super safe.

MinnBobber,

JadeLioness

So that might still be a great gummy! The “hemp” that is being grown in a lot of large farms is really been bred t
....................................................................................
Thanks.
I've got 20 mg CBD-only gummies coming and was thinking 1/3 gummie for her morning pain and for her to try 1/3 gummie 90 minutes before bed, as pain and poor sleep are her biggest issues. Assess after a week---what's she feeling like??

The good thing is that she could probably take 50 mg of CBD with no ill effects so 7 mg should be super safe.
When I bought our first ones they were from Kushy Punch. They were 60 mg with suggestions to spilt it up into as little as 2.5 That was so tiny though. We didn’t see any side effects other than it flushed the bowels for a bit with bigger doses. But the body adjusts. Low doses are cheaper though! Lol And another popular technique is to quit for 48, and reset the endocannabinoid system because the receptors May be overloaded.

janewiggins

i really really think the science points toward a higher daily dose - minimum of 20MG up to 200MG per day. I was googling the other day about cbd studies and found some stuff out about bioavailability - there are some tests with cbd being dosed in pure form directly into the blood stream i cant remember why but i am sure it was 18mg IV which shows a effect for something - leave it with me i am going to locate a link and put it up on thsi thread so you can all have a read its fascinating but not true to anyone else as i find everyone is different when it comes to cbd dosing. person A is not going to require the same baseline dose of cbd as person B ..... whereas most of us if dosed with 25mg thc would be in a right old state. h he he he . :)

janewiggins,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

i really really think the science points toward a higher daily dose - minimum of 20MG up to 200MG per day. I was googling the other day about cbd studies and found some stuff out about bioavailability - there are some tests with cbd being dosed in pure form directly into the blood stream i cant remember why but i am sure it was 18mg IV which shows a effect for something - leave it with me i am going to locate a link and put it up on thsi thread so you can all have a read its fascinating but not true to anyone else as i find everyone is different when it comes to cbd dosing. person A is not going to require the same baseline dose of cbd as person B ..... whereas most of us if dosed with 25mg thc would be in a right old state. h he he he . :)

lots of problems with the bio-absorption of cbd or any of the cannabinoids if eaten or taken orally... they have a low binding affinity. any way to increase phyto absorption is great like some type of liposomal delivery or cannabimimetics and even increasing omega three fats... having a standardized formula to intravenously deliver would certainly be a definite amount per dose. the dose dependency nature of phyto chemicals into a bio-available form is of most importance... that is why vaporizing cleanly delivers those phyto chemicals... vaping even activates those compounds so that they are bio-available at the moment they get presented to the organism for metabolism

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Any CBD positive experiences I have had have always come with THC as well. My go to is a strain called Good Medicine(created by Bodhi seeds), and I can replicate the results I get time and time again with that strain(either flower or live resin.Well the company calls their live resin "Nectar", but same thing) I have had CBD isolate/distillate, which I cannot say did much at all, even when I chased it with a dab or two of THC concentrate.

I do know this from my canna-DR., she claims the kids you see taking CBD for seizures and such, are taking high ratio CBD-THC(20:1) and may be using upwards of up to a gram a day. Obviously she is not speaking for EVERY case. But apparently she has many, many young patients and the practice is highly regarded and not a place to get your med card without really having a need, i.e., not a "pop-up pot Doc shop). I had mentioned that a dispensary I frequent just started carrying a new brand of CBD/THC tincture, which is what lead her to discuss specific ratios and her personal experiences with treating with CBD.

I am so very skeptical of the CBD industry currently. It seems very shady to me after the last MMJ conference I attended. These tools actually had various CBD "live resins" that acutally were color-tinted to match, and I use this word hesitantly to describe their product, "strains". They had a blue-hued "blueberry cbd", and some other red-tinted one too, maybe strawberry. To say I was shocked and appalled would have been an gross understatement. Couple that with all the "celebrity" endorsed(ex professional sports players), and even Wu-Tang clan has a CBD product out. Then there are a few multi-level marketing CBD companies out here too...WTF?! S-H-A-D-Y AS SHIT IMO.
Be careful out there when buying this stuff, because it is as unregulated in some parts just like the dietary supplements are. I wish I had more interest in CBD only meds to be able to give truly good, honest recommendations, but there isn't enough $$ in my coffers to be able to waste any on meds that don't work for me.

CBD/THC for me.

Top Bottom