CBD Concentrate and Asthma

FR0ST

My question -- Should vaporized CBD dabs give me asthma (Haze V3 at 390F, finishing at 415F)? Pretty bad asthma at that, I had it linger all night, and the day afterwards. Needing to use my inhaler multiple times in the night. (Normally I only need to use my inhaler before heavy exercise. And vaporizing cannabis does not give me asthma, in fact it stops asthma from occurring for the next couple of hours.)

Some background info:
So after hours and hours of research, the best source of CBD I could find in the UK was through UKCBD.com.

Reason being, is that they were the only website that provided test results of their products under "quality control".

In the end I bought their "710™ RASPBERRY – GOLD CONCENTRATE ‘DAB’ – 210mg per gram". As this was their only vaporizable product that was also on their quality control page with test results (If these are to be believed).

However, I've sent this company a couple of emails in regards to their other products, and a facebook message asking "What exactly is the 'natural raspberry flavor' in this product. I have not received any replies, and I know that they've "seen" my message on facebook.

I also noticed that they're promoting a product called "Charlotte's Web", but this appears to be a very misleading brand name, as it is an oil derived from hemp, not from the Charlotte's Web cannabis strain.

After all this, I am feeling extremely skeptical of this company. As I was under the impression that CBD can be used to alleviate asthma? It did alleviate my anxiety a fair bit, but at the cost of having asthma for the next 24 hours, I definitely won't be using this product ever again.

FR0ST,

FR0ST

I posted on UKCBD's facebook wall about the fact that their product had given me very bad asthma, and to ask if this is normal. And my post has been removed. It seems that this company does not want any negative feedback about their products to remain in the public eye - Even when I'm only attempting to ask them questions, and had first contacted them privately via email and facebook.

Last edited:

jim-bob

I don't know much about the particular product you're using, but I've been living with asthma for years and have not found high-cbd products (flower strains, different vape pens, edibles) to adversely affect it.

I can't speak to whatever the hell else those guys are putting in their product, though. I try to stay away from things that don't want to tell me their ingredients. If their reaction to your post is anything to go by, though, they're sketchy as hell and you should discontinue use of their poison ASAP.

jim-bob,
Reactions: FR0ST

FR0ST

Thanks @jim-bob for your input!

It's very disappointing that after many hours of research, this company was the most 'legitimate' that I could find in the UK. When I saw that they provided test results I was pretty excited that I'd finally found some real products. But on further inspection it's clear that their legitimacy is super sketchy.

I won't be using anymore of this product, as it really messed up my lungs for a couple of days! And this was only from a single vape session of 5 minutes, using approximately 1 tenth of a ml of their concentrate.

But I'm really desperate to try real CBD, but I'm totally out of options in England. I don't want to try any of their other products, but I'm running out of choices :(. I definitely don't want to gamble with inhaling any more 'cbd' products.

medically420

I've done research on CBD as well due to my asthma, and found that it's still highly unregulated. i.e. they can claim to have a CBD dab with just 5%CBD + 95% other chemicals, and still call it a CBD strain

Also, I've done a test on CBD with asthma, and just like @jim-bob mentioned, there hasn't been any huge difference between regular THC and high CBD strains. What I have learned earlier today, is that the terpene in strains known as "pinene" is responsible for helping asthma. I provided a Leafly link.
https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabi...hat-are-the-benefits-of-this-cannabis-terpene

Also, here's a list of strains that are deemed helpful to combat asthma. I'm a severe asthma patient and I've found that patients with my condition advise to get strains that are super smooth on the lungs. Strains like strawberry cough should pretty much not be on the list.
https://www.leafly.com/explore/conditions-asthma

I noticed the list provided popped up with these common names a lot in different variations.
purple
afghan
haze
mango
lemon
green crack
sour diesel

It seems as though the studies are still inconclusive of CBD in relation to combatting asthma, but nothing that should be dismissed as of yet. However, at least studies are popping up on its effect toward this condition.

medically420,
Top Bottom