cartoid artery

zackw419

Hi My name is Zach and I am about to be 20 in 4 days. For my age I have (in the past 3-4 years) been experiencing alot of trouble with my body, some issues caused by silly mistakes playing sports and lifting weights..others, seemingly coming from 'nowhere'.

Anyway one of the challenges I am dealing with is what I beleieve to be an inflamed and/or partly blocked cartoid artery. I have done alot of research and am 90% sure this is the case....

Anyway for the past few months smoking has become gradually less comfortable. Now, since about 5 days ago im almost considering quiting. Now when I smoke my cartoid artery gets a burning sensations and I feel very noticable tightness in my neck...I even feel more disoriented and feel slight burning pain on the right side of my brain. I know it sound pretty serious, and may be but In my ideal situation, I would like to find a compromise...where I can still ingest cannabis yet not damage my heath. I am already changing my diet to mostly fruits/vegitables/ and whole grains...I will be mastering my diet in the next month and on.

I have made a lightbulb vape, and although its less irritating...it still makes my challenge more challenging to the point where I am distracted from the high and have a hard time fully enjoying myself....

The conclusion I am coming to is, its not the smoke thats irritating...its got to be something to do with the actual cannaboid that is making this seemingly worse. I live in Costa Rica at the moment but I am from the states, here most of the weed I have smoked is sativa dominant...there is alot more outdoor growing going on than indoor. Do you think Indica could actually be benificial or cause less irritation, I would mainly like advice from people who are familiar with the human body,better yet have experienced what I am experiencing.

Could the lightbulb vape be irritating because I am heating the bud too hot and its turning to smoke? mabye a well made vape would do the trick? I just dont want to drop money on a vape if Its going to feel the same...

anyway thanks for reading this far, I look forward to hearing from you all...

Zach

zackw419,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
one of the challenges I am dealing with is what I beleieve to be an inflamed and/or partly blocked cartoid artery. I have done alot of research and am 90% sure this is the case . . . when I smoke my cartoid artery gets a burning sensations and I feel very noticable tightness in my neck...I even feel more disoriented and feel slight burning pain on the right side of my brain. I know it sound pretty serious
Yes Zach, it does sound serious, especially for someone your age. You need to get to a doctor with a lab PRONTO. The symptoms you are describing could be life threatening. Do not delay in receiving a professional diagnosis is my advice to you.

The conclusion I am coming to is, its not the smoke thats irritating...its got to be something to do with the actual cannaboid that is making this seemingly worse.
Cannabis is a vasodilator. That means it relaxes and widens blood vessles which would seem to directly relate to your situation no?
I live in Costa Rica at the moment but I am from the states
Is getting back up here to get some medical attention an option? Might be something to consider . . . :2c:

skippy

My DR thought I had the same problem,Zach, but I has a carotid Artery ultra sound and I got the all clear,I'm pleased to say.
Smoking anything is bad for you, stop smoking..if you want to indulge vape or eat.
Then,go and see a DR about an ultra sound on your carotid artery, though at 20 you seem far too young for it to be that.

skippy,
Reactions: zackw419

zackw419

Thanks for your replies. I will see a doctor when I can afford it, at the moment I cannot. Plus Regarding the issues I am having the only things they could do for me would be an invasive procedure or put me on some kind of medication that will lower inflamation and or get rid of pain...I am a naturalist..I have been addicted to medication and do not want to go back. I dont fear death, im not trying to get deep or anything....but I just want a fully functioning body. I am frightened by the idea of become mentaly/physically impared though...

Skippy! your the reason I found out about this forum, I googled cartoid artery and your thread came up. I am very interested in your story...what did they diagnos you with if anything...how are you feeling latley...any better? does vaping cause the feeling of tightness for you at all? Feel free to pm me.

Anyway heres the deal...there is either an issue with the cartoid artery AND the long thoracic nerve, or both...Its hard for me to differenciate the two when it comes to 'feeling' them. But I have also been getting gradual week on the right side of my body since i was 17. So there is definently a pinched/damaged nerve challenge present, but I have been feeling alot stronger on the right side in the past 2 weeks which is great...but mabye I am just distracted by the cartoid artery problem....I might have had a mini stroke a while ago which sparked my interest in doing further research..

Guys, I dont like doctors...I dont like medication I dont fully trust western medicine...I refuse to be on any kind of pills that change my mood, natural state to any degree. Plus there is little known treatments for pinched long nerves and clogged cartoid arteries under the label of western medicine. I have hope...but I trust myself more than a generic western doctor.

What I am wondering is, is the discomfort most likley, purly discomfort...or could it be 'damaging' to use marijuana even vaping. Even with the discomfort I still smoke...different strains are more comfortable than others...id really like to find some heavy indicas...Mabye the pain I am feeling is related to the long thoracic nerve...

thanks for the kind replies.

zackw419,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Guys, I dont like doctors...I dont like medication I dont fully trust western medicine...I refuse to be on any kind of pills
Zack, I fully understand your feelings here but until you have a firm diagnosis, so you know what your are dealing with, its going to be difficult to really pin things down. Just because you go and see a doctor, and get a diagnosis and/or advice, doesn't mean you have to blindly follow it and they can't force you to do anything. Diagnostics are key in medicine. As far as damaging goes . . . if that "burning" sensation in your brain is an aneurism developing and starting to fatigue . . . :shrug:

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to talk about limited $$$. I guess what you are going to have to look at is what diagnostics are available, that you can afford, that would be likely to provide you with actionable results. Its a hard equation to balance.

t-dub,

skippy

Thanks for your replies. I will see a doctor when I can afford it, at the moment I cannot. Plus Regarding the issues I am having the only things they could do for me would be an invasive procedure or put me on some kind of medication that will lower inflamation and or get rid of pain...I am a naturalist..I have been addicted to medication and do not want to go back. I dont fear death, im not trying to get deep or anything....but I just want a fully functioning body. I am frightened by the idea of become mentaly/physically impared though...

Skippy! your the reason I found out about this forum, I googled cartoid artery and your thread came up. I am very interested in your story...what did they diagnos you with if anything...how are you feeling latley...any better? does vaping cause the feeling of tightness for you at all? Feel free to pm me.

Anyway heres the deal...there is either an issue with the cartoid artery AND the long thoracic nerve, or both...Its hard for me to differenciate the two when it comes to 'feeling' them. But I have also been getting gradual week on the right side of my body since i was 17. So there is definently a pinched/damaged nerve challenge present, but I have been feeling alot stronger on the right side in the past 2 weeks which is great...but mabye I am just distracted by the cartoid artery problem....I might have had a mini stroke a while ago which sparked my interest in doing further research..

Guys, I dont like doctors...I dont like medication I dont fully trust western medicine...I refuse to be on any kind of pills that change my mood, natural state to any degree. Plus there is little known treatments for pinched long nerves and clogged cartoid arteries under the label of western medicine. I have hope...but I trust myself more than a generic western doctor.

What I am wondering is, is the discomfort most likley, purly discomfort...or could it be 'damaging' to use marijuana even vaping. Even with the discomfort I still smoke...different strains are more comfortable than others...id really like to find some heavy indicas...Mabye the pain I am feeling is related to the long thoracic nerve...

thanks for the kind replies.
Well at first they all thought I had a blocked carotid artery, because they think I had a " mini stroke" and a blocked carotid artery is usually the cause. It turned out my carotid arteries were not blocked at all, in fact they are in good condition for my age, I'm 50.
So I had a brain scan, all clear and a chest cat scan in case it was my aorta artery that was narrowed, again,clear. After all the tests they could do had been done they just said they think I was unlucky and that my "mini stroke" could not be explained for any reason other than I have very high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
As for you, you seem too young at 20 to have the problems I do at 50, but until you see a Dr and get some sort of tests done it's hard to say.
I don't smoke any longer, I vape , and I have none of the problems you seem to have with discomfort from vaping.
Maybe your pain is nerve related, I have pinched nerves in my neck that cause me lots of grief,as well as bulging discs in my neck and degeneration due to wear and tear and age.

skippy,

zackw419

Zack, I fully understand your feelings here but until you have a firm diagnosis, so you know what your are dealing with, its going to be difficult to really pin things down. Just because you go and see a doctor, and get a diagnosis and/or advice, doesn't mean you have to blindly follow it and they can't force you to do anything. Diagnostics are key in medicine. As far as damaging goes . . . if that "burning" sensation in your brain is an aneurism developing and starting to fatigue . . . :shrug:

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to talk about limited $$$. I guess what you are going to have to look at is what diagnostics are available, that you can afford, that would be likely to provide you with actionable results. Its a hard equation to balance.
thanks again, To be clearer the pain may not be IN my brain along the side of my skull I have just discovered a nerve that Exists exactly where the burining is...which is along the back rightside of my head running to the upper back right part of my neck...if you google vertebral artery thats EXACTLY where I am feeling discomfort...but keep in mind I have had issues with the long nerves as well so that where I get kind of mixed up...I feel like this is a 1 thing causing a bunch of different things type case...because there is alot going on with me physically these days. I am interested in seeing a doctor as much as I dont want to...I want to get scanned...and atleast have a firm idea on whats going on yet im close to positive Its got to be one of 2-4 things ive been reading about. I beleive I have something called hemi hypertrophy as well because everything on the right side of my body is bigger and stronger...bone length...im talking ´down there´as well...you name it...everything.. I dont know what effect that has on all this...also my head is shaped interestingly...I look ´normal´and all but the right side of my head is definently smaller and shaped diff than the right..I think alot of this is genetics....ughh I just want to be better!

I love sports and I havnt played sports or excersized in a year and a half or more!! I walk daily...I swim in the ocean and what not but due to the weakness-nerve pain I get throughout the right side of my body, I have to limit physical activity. If I were to explain the feeling I get in one sentence when smoking-vaping it would be: smoking gives my nerves-arteries cottonmouth. I feel like my long nerves just dry up when I smoke...not that they do..but thats the feeling I get...inflamed...swollen..

anyway... : ) Il get through it!!

zackw419,

zackw419

skippy how long did it take you to recover from the nerve issues-buldged discs? any do and dont advice you could share with me?

zackw419,

skippy

skippy how long did it take you to recover from the nerve issues-buldged discs? any do and dont advice you could share with me?
I've still got it. I spent months going to physio therapy for no gain, so I stopped wasting my money. I just have learned to live with it, I've suffered problems with my discs since i was 17, I had a back operation on two discs in my back when I was 18. The problems in my neck only started a couple of years ago, but they are similar to what I had in my back. The difference is now I'm not prepared to go along the operation trail on my neck, too many things can go wrong,so I just live the pain.

skippy,

zackw419

Well skippy, I wish you the best sir. I am hopeful and trying to master my diet which I think plays a huge roll in healing..I also beleive our bodies are capable of much more than given credit for...Im trying to see healing without limits...I will keep you all updated...thank you both.

zackw419,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Zack -- i found my diet straightened out when i started doing 30 minutes of aerobics every day. i use a NordickTrack -- i get a body purge effect from aerobics. For diet i use a macrobiotic approach -- grain based, mostly fruit, nuts and veggies (but not vegetarian or vegan). whole food, slow cooked or raw, (almost) no processed foods.

i also like the mind-over-body, New Thought philosophy of P. P. Quimby (ppquimby.com)

Hippie Dickie,

zackw419

hippe dickie, first off thanks for your reply.

Did you have an issue with the cartoid artery or are you just commenting on diet?

Yes, I am very much into 'spirituality' which I think the word itself makes it appear as other than, yet spirituality is US and is an inseperable. I am not religious but I am very much spiritual.

Diet wise, well for the past 3 days to give an idea I have had oatmeal and sugar cane/honey for breakfast...Blended fruit for lunch, almost a whole blender's worth...the late mix has been pinnaple and guaba which is super high in vitamin C and vitamin C has been known to help clear arteries.

For dinner I shoot for a salad but sometimes ending up having more fruit...But I realize the importance of greens so I am working on that. But yes I am trying to mostly ingest: 2/3 fruits/veggies 1/3 nuts grains...for the moment...

zackw419,

skippy

I agree your diet means a lot to your survival. It is good at your age to follow a healthy diet, I didn't realise how important until I got older.
I eat the same breakfast as you everyday, its good for lowering cholesterol, even though I'm now on medication to help lower it, I'm hoping I can get off that medication if I follow a better diet. My days of bacon and eggs are long gone, unfortunately.:ugh:

skippy,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
zackw419 said:
Did you have an issue with the cartoid artery or are you just commenting on diet?

no, sorry, no known physical issues at the moment (other than normal aging effects at 64), i was just commenting about diet and aerobics.

Hippie Dickie,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Both of my carotids are dissected (torn on the inside) to the aorta, down to the top of my heart, then continuing from the bottom of the heart, to both my kidneys and branches off to the spine.

As for damaging... the CT scans I get on a 6 month basis, don't show any damage from smoking/vaping. The biggest thing I've had to train myself to do, is avoid tightening up and/or clenching the muscles in the midsection, without keeping oxygen flowing (breathing). I can and do hold my breath, when I inhale... I just have to then make sure, I don't bear down too hard. I've had pretty good coughing fits to.

The point, however, is while I'm not a doctor. I just gotta think... if my cheese grater set of carotids can handle vaping, I can't imagine, what wouldn't. Sounds more like a nerve issue (and probably not serious). But, do you want to risk your health on some anonymous monikers, on a web forum?

BigDaddyVapor,
Top Bottom