Carta by Focus V

medicalmark

Medicalmark
Man can’t wait to receive my carta it’s gonna be so nice to hit my 7 different rosin strains.
Id love to have one of the extra Atomizers to play with, that would be so awesome and thank you for letting us know that we can use and abuse our units to fully check out its ability, hopefully I’ll be able to abuse a flower cart before the f8nale product comes out hit me up cause I think this thing will shine and I want to push it.
It’s cool that I don’t have to stress about my carta knowing I’ll recieve the finale production carta helps me sleep at night while I hit the carta from morning till night with live fresh rosin, kief Rosin some bubble lets messed this thing up.
By the way it will be a good idea to have some lower temp ability with a way to continue the dab if
You want , if the dab is so hot that it hot spots the cup maybe it’s a better idea to use thicker oil or start at about 575, 610, 670, 710, 775 and then a burn off temp like 800
The app should help resolve temperature issues.

Fuck I’m so jealous, send a video. Lol

Good luck, cheers medicalmark

freddiegibbs

It took me a second to figure out but it's reverse threaded. So you have to turn the black ring the opposite of what you would expect.
Oh, so that's what I was doing wrong :rofl:
Thanks, finally managed to get it off. Had to pry the ti cup away from the cap because the amount of oil that had collected between the two.

First dab with the quartz cup had to be hot-loaded due to how sappy it was. Flavor was great, but I didn't get nearly as much vapor as with the ti cup. Pulled the cup out and it seems a lot of my material found its way up over the walls and even onto the heating plate :\ I was very careful to avoid the walls of the cup, especially having been a wary Peak user for the past year.

eKx350u.jpg

I cleaned everything off and managed to cold-load some of the same material. Thicker vapor this time around, but still a ton that wound up on the heating plate:

E1gg8a0.jpg

I think I'll just be sticking with the ti cup for now.

Last edited:
freddiegibbs,
Reactions: FMSQ

medicalmark

Medicalmark
Ya hopefully the tank holds up like it was said built sturdy which is a good thing less finicky shit to burn out, break, off, short out ect, drown it see what happens , just kidding but seriously drown it.
Maybe with the high temps it can put out it won’t be a issue at all the residue might just vapor off, as it hits the hot ass atty.
I bet your all have a dab I mean a blast.
Cheers, medmark

jamaljackson

Be careful. I managed to break my atomizer. I swapped out to the quartz bowl and it shifted a bit and got wedged between the black cap and the heating element. I ended up cracking the little ceramic disc.

jamaljackson,

medicalmark

Medicalmark
Did it quit working?
Man I hope it didn’t cave, if so sorry brother that really sucks.
But I’m pretty sure FV will take care of you ASAP.

Don’t worry be happy, if possible.
Cheers , medicalmark

medicalmark,

seapickle

Snootchie Bootchies
I knew the size was going be small but, I was still surprised at how small when it arrived. Not disappointed in any way. This thing is super portable and like others have said the build quality is good. It does not have any cheap plastic feel to it and the factory glass feels solid. I can’t wait for the American Helix glass to arrive.

I ran some live resin, rosin and water hash through a quartz cup so far and got some nice hits. Like someone else mentioned I do wish the quartz cups were a little taller. When I loaded really small loads it would burn off before getting any huge hits. When I load more I could pull some nice hits but, I would get some going through the air path on top of the atomizer and running down the side of the quartz or inside atty wall.

So far impressed at how smooth it hits for being as small as it is. Can’t wait for the Bluetooth app. Level 1 is good but, I would like to go lower sometimes for some super terpy hits.

First session with the Carta f’d me up. Was going go try the titanium cup out but, probably going go pass out instead.

Update: had to try the titanium cup. I usually prefer quartz but, in this case I think the titanium cup hits better than the quartz. Had 4-5 dabs on level 2 with the titanium cup and had no problems with material running up the sides like it did on the quartz. Hits were still tasty and smooth.

Last edited:

Ferrusbuelker

@jamaljackson the exact same thing happened to me as I was trying to screw on the quartz cup. So I didn’t even get to try the Carta. I guess some of the quartz cups are a little too big for theaeds to handle so it won’t screw down. Frustrating because I was trying to be reallly careful. I thought the packaging and overall feel of the device was quality. Might want to include something in the instruction manual about how to unscrew the aromizer. I couldn’t get mine off until I did one heat cycle but if hadn’t figured that out I would have been frustrated. I bought two atomizers and hoping they ship soon because the Carta is looking a little lonely..

Ferrusbuelker,
Reactions: FMSQ

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@jamaljackson the exact same thing happened to me as I was trying to screw on the quartz cup. So I didn’t even get to try the Carta. I guess some of the quartz cups are a little too big for theaeds to handle so it won’t screw down. Frustrating because I was trying to be reallly careful. I thought the packaging and overall feel of the device was quality. Might want to include something in the instruction manual about how to unscrew the aromizer. I couldn’t get mine off until I did one heat cycle but if hadn’t figured that out I would have been frustrated. I bought two atomizers and hoping they ship soon because the Carta is looking a little lonely..

At this point I would almost recommend the pre sale customers to measure out there quartz buckets before putting them in. We are implementing a new section in quality control to caliber each quartz bucket to verify the height now. Of course we will also be shipping out new atomizers to anyone having issues

We've decided last night to go ahead and cover the atomizers under a warranty for all customers pre order and future. There not the cheapest piece for us to make but they are certainly vital to you guys having a great experience so we want to make sure that experience continues and if we can help by replacing a few atomizers here and there for a customer then great!

freddiegibbs

I'm having pretty bad luck with the quartz so far. After having to do lots of cleanup yesterday, I tried the 2nd quartz bucket this morning (2 were provided). It seems to fit snug between the lid and plate, and I cold loaded it with some shatter. Got almost no vapor at all, and had to wipe most of my dab off the heating plate, outside cup, and bottom of the carb cap. Will definitely be sticking with just the titanium for now, which has provided consistently excellent results and minimal leakage.

freddiegibbs,

seapickle

Snootchie Bootchies
I'm having pretty bad luck with the quartz so far. After having to do lots of cleanup yesterday, I tried the 2nd quartz bucket this morning (2 were provided). It seems to fit snug between the lid and plate, and I cold loaded it with some shatter. Got almost no vapor at all, and had to wipe most of my dab off the heating plate, outside cup, and bottom of the carb cap. Will definitely be sticking with just the titanium for now, which has provided consistently excellent results and minimal leakage.

I had same problem with the quartz. The quartz got better after usage/seasoning but, still had to do little cleanup. The titanium definitely works a lot better for me.

seapickle,

seapickle

Snootchie Bootchies
what's up with the quartz bucket maybe it needs more heat to produce vapor.
More heat didn’t really help for me on the quartz buckets. It just bubblesd up onto the sides and through the air flow holes on the atty. I’m going to try and properly season one of the quartz buckets later and see if it helps more.

seapickle,

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
what's up with the quartz bucket maybe it needs more heat to produce vapor.

Of the top my first assumption would be the glass production side changed the thickness on me last minute. And clearly didn't get the cuts which is rough because when dealing with something like this it needs to be Flat based to get that even heat distribution. On the production run we will be triple checking all quartz to avoid any future issues.

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
How long did you say the warranty will be on these first run? I recall some mention of a longer warranty period, but I could be mistaken. I appreciate the clarification.

PhreedomPhries,

Fkn0wned

Ok so I wasn't a one off case see as I said in my initial impressions I was getting most of my material up on the top of the carb and airflow cap but that was in the quartz bucket which I tried first as I like using quartz when I can.

But like others as well I am finding more success with the titanium bucket although I do wish it was a tad thicker it's small and really thin maybe if it were thicker the heat would build up and hold well a thicker bottom and then we could use proper inserts with the Ti bucket.

I believe it's just due to the size and the strength of the airflow that just sucks all the material out of the quartz bucket, if there were more surface area of maybe if it were a deeper bucket it would hold better.

Fkn0wned,

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
How long did you say the warranty will be on these first run? I recall some mention of a longer warranty period, but I could be mistaken. I appreciate the clarification.

The Carta will come with a 3 year warranty. The pre order customers will have the option to receive a brand new one once the mass production run takes place.

Ok so I wasn't a one off case see as I said in my initial impressions I was getting most of my material up on the top of the carb and airflow cap but that was in the quartz bucket which I tried first as I like using quartz when I can.

But like others as well I am finding more success with the titanium bucket although I do wish it was a tad thicker it's small and really thin maybe if it were thicker the heat would build up and hold well a thicker bottom and then we could use proper inserts with the Ti bucket.

I believe it's just due to the size and the strength of the airflow that just sucks all the material out of the quartz bucket, if there were more surface area of maybe if it were a deeper bucket it would hold better.

We will be releasing a detailed list of any changes to the specs and build of the carta soon. I will also be releasing to a few people the early Bluetooth app function to help assist. (But we are in like pre beta testing phase so there are little bugs and certain features of the app aren't read)

Aggi

Aggi Swaggi
Received my Carta yesterday. Here are my initial thoughts on this device:

1) Yes the bucket size is significantly smaller than the Peak bucket, but I take tiny dabs to accommodate my baby lungs so that works out fine for me lol. BUT i did have an issue with overspill/leaking into atomizer once I replaced the titanium bucket with a Quartz one. Had to take it out, and clean it up before i attempted another dab. Titanium bucket works very well after a dry run/seasoning, minimal leakage from the top.

Today I tried fitting the 2nd Quartz bucket that came with the device & I'm having MUCH better results. Better flavor, minimal overspill, better fitment. So as long as the final Quartz buckets come out precise, there shouldn't be an issue with it.

2) The cross threading of the atomizer is tricky at times (especially after a couple rounds of dabs going back & forth with Carta & Peak) but I found that the top lid that holds the bucket in place has to be tightened first, not too tight, but snug, then carefully screw on the atomizer but not too much pressure or it will unscrew the top lid.

3) It states the Level 1 temperature is at 625°F (compared to Peak is 450°F). I like my low temp dabs, so level 1 is a little high for me at this point, but it still retains a lot of flavor, very strong & milky rips. I know once the final version & app is out we will be able to control the temperature, but for now this is fine.

4) The carrying case is very convenient, compact & casual. Theres room for a couple extra accessories, dabbers, jars. (Found the little silicone jar in the bag today, always good to be surprised lol)

As far as Day 1 with the Carta goes, I love it. Just waiting on the Helix glass to get shipped and will probably put out a review video of the Carta and maybe a little comparison with the Peak.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Lower settings is something to do but, if I well understood, it will be adjustable when the App will be ready, isn't it?

PPN,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Just received my Carta after waiting an extra day due to the snowpocalypse in the Pacific northwest...:mental:

Charging it at this moment, but my first thoughts are that this is very well put together. Small, but it has a solid feel. There does not seem to be any cheap plastic feel to this. Very easy access to the (2) batteries. :nod:

Can't wait to put it through it's paces in the days ahead and really looking forward to the app, so adjustment of temperatures will be to our personal tastes.

The stock glass is nicer than I was expecting and feels real solid. Can't wait to also get the Helix piece I ordered. :drool:

Bravo Focus, so far it looks like a real winner! :clap::tup:

Top Bottom