Carta by Focus V

tylerj55

I can't speak to what puff-co intentions are. I know personally I'm not concerned about it. The heating system we use isn't necessarily a new concept (literally just a large pen chamber). The concept of glass attachment on a atomizer for dabbing purposes is nothing new (dates back almost 8 years now).

Im sure when puffco developed the Puffco Plus pen, they didn't concern themselves with the larger companies who did it before them. heck they probably weren't met with any "ripoff" claims either haha :/

I agree. And unless they have a patent that combines the function of all of these and forbids anything close to it they will most likely fail in court. You seem to have a level head, Roger on the other hand does not. I hope you guys aren’t infringing any patents cause this thing looks awesome, and at a way better price point! The only downside I’ve seen that’s holding me back is the bowl size. If you can make one bigger(wider or taller with heated walls would work) it is an instant purchase from me, even with owning the switch and peak.

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I agree. And unless they have a patent that combines the function of all of these and forbids anything close to it they will most likely fail in court. You seem to have a level head, Roger on the other hand does not. I hope you guys aren’t infringing any patents cause this thing looks awesome, and at a way better price point! The only downside I’ve seen that’s holding me back is the bowl size. If you can make one bigger(wider or taller with heated walls would work) it is an instant purchase from me, even with owning the switch and peak.

We do have plans for a larger atomizer / bucket. something we are currently talking with some of the american bucket companies about. (saphire, quartz, XL etc..) I think once the presale units hit the market. people will be pleasantly surprised by the hit they get and how well it sustains in such a small bucket!

LIVESTREAM TODAY ON YOUTUBE: 4PM PST

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpJJS8Pt4XBwjWENnYRvsTA

Make sure to subscribe and ring the bell for the notification!

pghjd

We do have plans for a larger atomizer / bucket. something we are currently talking with some of the american bucket companies about. (saphire, quartz, XL etc..) I think once the presale units hit the market. people will be pleasantly surprised by the hit they get and how well it sustains in such a small bucket!

LIVESTREAM TODAY ON YOUTUBE: 4PM PST

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpJJS8Pt4XBwjWENnYRvsTA

Make sure to subscribe and ring the bell for the notification!
Pretty much every company except adapt tech gets lab made ruby/sapphire from china and mark it up 1000%. You could get your own made and save the money of going through a middleman. You could possible control the quality a lot better if it was in your hands too. I'm hype for the carta with or without the inserts though!

Fkn0wned

Yeah live stream was informative, I really want to get on the pre-sale for the unit but like I said earlier and others are saying an all black would be nice.

Like I mentioned one matte black with white LEDs and power button accents would be sleek.

It would be nice to own one ASAP but getting one early then possibly right around the corner one in a color option you'd more prefer drops might sting a bit.

I'll be watching the sale page and see how quick the number drops and might go ahead and pull the trigger myself.

Also why was the line removed on the sale page about early buyers being part of a early feature/update testing team or something along those lines?

Fkn0wned,

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Yeah live stream was informative, I really want to get on the pre-sale for the unit but like I said earlier and others are saying an all black would be nice.

Like I mentioned one matte black with white LEDs and power button accents would be sleek.

It would be nice to own one ASAP but getting one early then possibly right around the corner one in a color option you'd more prefer drops might sting a bit.

I'll be watching the sale page and see how quick the number drops and might go ahead and pull the trigger myself.

Also why was the line removed on the sale page about early buyers being part of a early feature/update testing team or something along those lines?

Hi Yes Ill do my best for the FC forum to keep you guys updated on what will be coming out next for the different color styles.

for the line it was a work in progress. (still trying to get the helix upgrade to function the way i want it too.)

the final line landed on is

"As a pre-order customer you will have the advantage of having early release information for Carta upgrades and accessories for future releases."

although most info would likely make its way around here first TBH.

@Summer Thanks! : D

tylerj55

@FocusV watched the livestream and I gotta say the Carta seems great and you come across as very humble and respectful. Especially considering how rude people were being towards Puffco lol.

I saw somebody ask if you plan on providing an uptemp option where it starts out at like 400° and heats up to say 550°. I didn't hear this get answered and would love this as an option.

Also, if you plan on providing different inserts could you potentially work smart profiles into the app? Quartz, titanium, sapphire, SiC, and ruby will all reach the desired temps at different times if you use the same amount of power to get there.

tylerj55,
Reactions: biohacker

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@FocusV watched the livestream and I gotta say the Carta seems great and you come across as very humble and respectful. Especially considering how rude people were being towards Puffco lol.

I saw somebody ask if you plan on providing an uptemp option where it starts out at like 400° and heats up to say 550°. I didn't hear this get answered and would love this as an option.

Also, if you plan on providing different inserts could you potentially work smart profiles into the app? Quartz, titanium, sapphire, SiC, and ruby will all reach the desired temps at different times if you use the same amount of power to get there.

That is a pretty cool idea! I believe it should be something i could set into the pre sets and the app. say hold the button down for 3 seconds longer and it gradually goes form level 1 to 2 or 3 or whatever was selected.

And yes currently on the app (if im not mistaken) the only sub feature we have besides the settings of the temp is the ability to save presets! i believe you can name them too. but i will double check on that.

Thanks for watching the stream!

Oh! pre order is live now! and i just added the Helix Glass Upgrade and a surprise early release upgrade with the dome swirl piece!

https://focusvproducts.com/product/carta-vape-rig/

check it out while there still up!

tylerj55

That is a pretty cool idea! I believe it should be something i could set into the pre sets and the app. say hold the button down for 3 seconds longer and it gradually goes form level 1 to 2 or 3 or whatever was selected.

And yes currently on the app (if im not mistaken) the only sub feature we have besides the settings of the temp is the ability to save presets! i believe you can name them too. but i will double check on that.

Thanks for watching the stream!

Oh! pre order is live now! and i just added the Helix Glass Upgrade and a surprise early release upgrade with the dome swirl piece!

https://focusvproducts.com/product/carta-vape-rig/

check it out while there still up!
That would be awesome! Honestly, this is shaping up to be my dream device haha. The only other thing I want that is missing is wireless charging! Even if you offered it as an add-on through something similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/Nillkin-Wire...F8&qid=1548041685&sr=8-4&keywords=qi+receiver

BTW; I didn't see the upgraded glass, but maybe I am just a little too quick to check lol.

tylerj55,

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I see no option to opt in for other glass choices on the page.
try it now!

That would be awesome! Honestly, this is shaping up to be my dream device haha. The only other thing I want that is missing is wireless charging! Even if you offered it as an add-on through something similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/Nillkin-Wire...F8&qid=1548041685&sr=8-4&keywords=qi+receiver

BTW; I didn't see the upgraded glass, but maybe I am just a little too quick to check lol.

This is something we have considered but might need to release a bit down the road

Fkn0wned

Yes it's fixed glass options are showing now.

I saw you also removed how many of the 100 makes it even harder to gauge how long I have to get one lol.

Fkn0wned,
Reactions: FocusV

ChooChooCharlie

I had ordering success 5 minutes ago, chose the Helix upgrade. VAS strikes again, probably headed to Vito after I play. Must have positive attitude, can't quit, taking NE's example tonight

Fkn0wned

Well I went ahead and bit the bullet you have stated in here you'll be showing good care to the pre-sale/beta buyers and after watching the live stream you seem like a real genuine guy so I don't mind helping get this ball rolling.

I'm hoping the post support for us lives up to what you say but I have no doubts in my mind I'm sure you'll be willing to work with early buyers on any issues/concerns.

Thanks and can't wait to get it in my hands to try!

Maybe we could get a beta preview of the app as well .

anasrzi

I love the glass upgrades already but are you planning to have more to select from? A piece with a bent neck (much like the four or fifth one down on page 3) would be great imo.

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Yes it's fixed glass options are showing now.

I saw you also removed how many of the 100 makes it even harder to gauge how long I have to get one lol.

Haha yes it wasn't really suppose to show it to begin with lol you just got there early enough to see the change!

I had ordering success 5 minutes ago, chose the Helix upgrade. VAS strikes again, probably headed to Vito after I play. Must have positive attitude, can't quit, taking NE's example tonight

Much Appreciated! I'm confident you will enjoy your Carta!

Well I went ahead and bit the bullet you have stated in here you'll be showing good care to the pre-sale/beta buyers and after watching the live stream you seem like a real genuine guy so I don't mind helping get this ball rolling.

I'm hoping the post support for us lives up to what you say but I have no doubts in my mind I'm sure you'll be willing to work with early buyers on any issues/concerns.

Thanks and can't wait to get it in my hands to try!

Maybe we could get a beta preview of the app as well .

I will for sure be here to help with any issues you guys may have! Fingers crossed on a successful launch with no issues! but will be ready to help in case there are any issues!

Is it possible to see this video stream at all again? Sorry, i'm not on IG or any other social media, only YouTube.

Unfortunately It only seems to let me archive it on Instagram and not download it!

DM me if you want i have a few burner accounts you can log into just to watch the stream

I love the glass upgrades already but are you planning to have more to select from? A piece with a bent neck (much like the four or fifth one down on page 3) would be great imo.

The Dome shape although it is not a bent neck does allow for the side hit which is really nice. We will have more options in the future available but for the time being those 2 pieces are the only ones i could finalize with helix for the pre release schedule.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Curious why you aren't satisfied with your Switch? Most who use it for extracts seem to be over the moon with it.

I have both as well, and while I can't answer for Freddie, I can say a lot of early adopters had air flow and cap sealing issues. That made for an airy hit. Add a top seal and it really is a beast. Plus only the upgrade inserts are great, I would dislike the switch if I didn't have the quartz and smooth ceramic inserts. The stock induction cup is thin and coated, not great flavor and not especially efficient. Its strong suit is instant heat up times and TONS of battery life with it and easy to clean. I only use it at party's. For most people the quartz insert and silicone seal help a lot. If I didn't get to play with the silicone top seal, upgraded inserts, and a few different carb caps I wouldn't have been satisfied either.

While I love my Switch and my Peak, I use both A LOT. I am looking forward to this one as well. The more the merrier and bring on the competition! Since I only dab now, E-nails and E-rigs are my current "VAS" addiction.

biohacker

I am looking forward to this one as well. The more the merrier and bring on the competition! Since I only dab now, E-nails and E-rigs are my current "VAS" addiction.

Couldn't agree more! :rockon: Glad you're content with your Switch and Peak, and while the Peak wasn't for me, I think i'm going to pick up the Switch, and remain cautiously optimistic about the Carta!

We definitely need some usage videos!

Top Bottom