Carta by Focus V

Ky-shun

thanks for the feedback. I tried the peak once and I liked it. That being said, I’d like something that rips a little more and from what I’ve been told the Carta is better at that.

I have both and the Peak just can’t perform like the Carta in every way IMO. Peak does look sleeker kind of tho but that’s personal pref and not function.

freddiegibbs

The final release version of the Carta is not out yet, so it's kinda hard to compare a product that's been out for a year to one that technically nobody here has even used yet. Nobody would recommend a beta carta over a peak, but that's not really a fair comparison.

Last edited:
freddiegibbs,
Reactions: Fkn0wned

jareds

The final release version of the Carta is not out yet, so it's kinda hard to compare a product that's been out for a year to one that technically nobody here has even used yet. Nobody would recommend a beta carta over a peak, but that's not really a fair comparison.
That’s a really good point. I guess I’m just getting impatient

jareds,

dabdaddy420tv

Apparently the delays are gonna be longer. Instead of the original 5 day delay it’s gonna be probably shipped at the end of the month. Hopefully it’s worth the wait but honestly am losing a bit of hype for it as the communication isn’t that good on what’s going on. Gotta ask for updates instead of seeing public updates. Just hope it does all it says it can.

Fkn0wned

A lot of us are just down to expensive paper weights now hopefully everything gets back on schedule soon, It's nice and all we're getting a complete new unit sucks the first one isn't compatible with the bluetooth app control or anything like that as it would have been cool to tinker and modify it potentially take it apart and give it a new paint job etc...

April is right around the corner, I am hoping once they get sent out we can finally have access to the beta test on that APP control that is mainly what a lot of us were waiting on also.

Oh and @FocusV how are talks with ZC Glass on attachments, I noticed he is also doing rebuilds of the Peak Atomizers making them stronger and more reliable maybe you can get him some of your atomizers to look at and tinker with as well?

I am a bit upset as I had to go back to traditional torch and rig dabs which unfortunately I had to buy a new mini rig for and also since I have been waiting I went ahead and caved on an e-nail setup finally because after all it will still be an atomizer based system so mine as well have a solid backup plan so essentially just even waiting on the final unit has been making me spend more money :mad:.

*Edit
On the live stream today he said he got tracking numbers and v2 atomizers should be in today and the final units SHOULD be Friday and Monday so hopefully sometime starting next week he will be getting them sent out, or reach out to people to get proof of purchase the website will also be down for maintenance for about 3 days.

Last edited:
Fkn0wned,

freddiegibbs

On the live stream today he said he got tracking numbers and v2 atomizers should be in today and the final units SHOULD be Friday and Monday so hopefully sometime starting next week he will be getting them sent out, or reach out to people to get proof of purchase the website will also be down for maintenance for about 3 days.
Unfortunately, I think we're at the point where we shouldn't put too much faith in any dates or deadlines presented by the company. I can't even count how many have been missed by now. And I get that things can get hectic and unpredictable during a product launch. I just think it's wiser to underpromise and overdeliver, rather than the opposite. The lack of attention around here lately wouldn't sting so much if the company hadn't made so many assurances to its beta users.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Someone took their peak apart and posted a pic on IG. The Entire inside of the unit was covered in reclaim and caused it to stop working. I could see the carta having a similar issue especially with the air holes being so close to the where the threads are on the underside. not sure if that had changed at all since the 1st pic i saw

Fkn0wned

Someone took their peak apart and posted a pic on IG. The Entire inside of the unit was covered in reclaim and caused it to stop working. I could see the carta having a similar issue especially with the air holes being so close to the where the threads are on the underside. not sure if that had changed at all since the 1st pic i saw

I honestly believe this is already happening pulling my image from post #270 on page 11.
The red arrow/lines are pointing out my concern now when the atomizer gets dirty or stuff has collected out of the holes at the bottom it seems to be able to seep in between the Cartas housing and the atomizer connector now if there is no gasket or something in between there the heat will continuously run material in between the housing and connector and just build up and be unreachable to clean.

Blue is cleanable/reachable areas just through that in to help show/explain my concern.

20190224-153555.jpg

I didn't get a response from this post either kind of like it was just avoided... but yes when the atomizer spills over it does leak into this unit I would bet if I open it I'd find a small amount of reclaim in there.

Fkn0wned,

freddiegibbs

Would you mind sharing this pic either by DM or in the Peak thread? Very curious now

dabdaddy420tv

Unfortunately, I think we're at the point where we shouldn't put too much faith in any dates or deadlines presented by the company. I can't even count how many have been missed by now. And I get that things can get hectic and unpredictable during a product launch. I just think it's wiser to underpromise and overdeliver, rather than the opposite. The lack of attention around here lately wouldn't sting so much if the company hadn't made so many assurances to its beta users.
Yeah it seems to keep changing. I preordered the 9th thinking I’d get one like weeks ago haha. Whoops. Wish we got progress updates or something.

dabdaddy420tv,

Shadyguy

I mentioned the oil ingress issue in my original review and mentioned how it could be problematic. I've used a few different wax atomizers and the industry has moved to a top airflow design to prevent oil/vapor from getting into the heating element. Unfortunately the v2 attys have the same design but with a taller bucket, so the oil/vapor path is still a bottom flow and will probably have the issue of covering the outside of the atomizer and into the threads etc. Hope I'm proven wrong in the end.

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey Guys here is the form for everyone to get there upgrade unit!

https://focusvproducts.com/focus-v-carta-upgrade-form/

we just got a shipment of v2 atomizers in as well. if you want a v2 shipped out before your upgrade just let me know. I have the final version of the bluetooth app ready as well for anyone to download (but again it wont work until you get the v2 unit)

Our priority is going to be getting the upgrades and the 2nd pre order customers taken care of right away. The website will be going down for a bit for some upgrades to our system.

The Dry herb chamber is still on track. apparently the one i had does work just needed a better seal on the carb cap so we will be supplying that with the dry herb atty when it comes in.

We have a few custom glass pieces in the works that will be coming out soon separate from helix.

@Fkn0wned in response to your photo iv taken 2 used cartas completely apart (v1's) and didn't see any wax in the body outside of the air-path and the atomizer body. Not saying it couldn't or wont be an issue but so far from what iv seen it wasn't there.

MonkeyTime

Hey Guys here is the form for everyone to get there upgrade unit!

https://focusvproducts.com/focus-v-carta-upgrade-form/

we just got a shipment of v2 atomizers in as well. if you want a v2 shipped out before your upgrade just let me know. I have the final version of the bluetooth app ready as well for anyone to download (but again it wont work until you get the v2 unit)

Our priority is going to be getting the upgrades and the 2nd pre order customers taken care of right away. The website will be going down for a bit for some upgrades to our system.

The Dry herb chamber is still on track. apparently the one i had does work just needed a better seal on the carb cap so we will be supplying that with the dry herb atty when it comes in.

We have a few custom glass pieces in the works that will be coming out soon separate from helix.

@Fkn0wned in response to your photo iv taken 2 used cartas completely apart (v1's) and didn't see any wax in the body outside of the air-path and the atomizer body. Not saying it couldn't or wont be an issue but so far from what iv seen it wasn't there.

Great news!

You also mentioned there would be a link to follow up on glass that wasn't sealing, is that still in the works?

MonkeyTime,

dabdaddy420tv

I also don’t think the website has gone down yet so I hope the deadline is still happening. I’m 9 days so far past the original ship deadline and 20 days since preordering as of today.

dabdaddy420tv,

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Part of the website work we are doing we realized we didn't need to take the site down just yet.
(although it still will be going down for a brief period of time)

From what the tracking number is saying we are still on track for Monday! I am going to test the dry herb atty today on the live stream as well (fingers crossed on function haha)

Top Bottom